Stop Quitting the race if you're the host

• Thread starter bill1250
  • 477 comments
If any host quits on me, and I end up in another race with them later, I take them out.

They ruin my race, so I do the same to them.

Well my faith in humanity has been restored
Had at least 10 clean matches on the high speed ring tonight on beginner and expert levels, no quitters aaah heaven
Also i got took out from a mario karter on the beginners level at turn 2 before the bridge, i ended up last but with a lap to go, i carried on and ended up winning it.
You see you dont always have to quit, you can put your head down and carry on with an even harder challenge.
Thats what folks should be saying on this forum, no more excuses:ouch:

I had great races in the JPN game last night. Though that idiot larrygant was back, I quit out of his race and entered again to get out of sync with his rooms. From that point on out of about 15 races I only had one host quit, and again it was a western name hosting.

The only other issue was a guy called something like asai55, slaming the brakes on in a straight line and another guy starting with proj_d who was hitting everyone he could.

But the coolest thing was these japanese guys all racing these little purple vans. Not sure what they were, I forgot to check on the results list and I only saw them when I lapped them at great pace. After that throughout the night I noticed a lot of guys entering slower stock cars and pulling off to the side off the grid to have their own little private races. Quite cool. I'd love to find their site where they organise it, but it would be in japanese anyway..

But the coolest thing was these japanese guys all racing these little purple vans. Not sure what they were, I forgot to check on the results list and I only saw them when I lapped them at great pace. After that throughout the night I noticed a lot of guys entering slower stock cars and pulling off to the side off the grid to have their own little private races. Quite cool. I'd love to find their site where they organise it, but it would be in japanese anyway..

Dude i would have loved to seen that!!!!!:)
Not seen any vans yet though lol

Can you say hypocrite!! :mad: :irked: :rolleyes: :grumpy:

He probably can. Not sure why he'd want to though. As we already pointed out, we have no tolerance for bashers here. Eastley says he'd bash a host who quit next time he saw him. If this was witnessed he'd be a basher. If Swift - or any other GTP mod - witnessed it, he'd be banned from racing here at GTP.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

He probably can. Not sure why he'd want to though. As we already pointed out, we have no tolerance for bashers here. Eastley says he'd bash a host who quit next time he saw him. If this was witnessed he'd be a basher. If Swift - or any other GTP mod - witnessed it, he'd be banned from racing here at GTP.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

Then what about the guy who is hosting the race that quits when your about to win booting you out of the game?

If he wasn't banned then that would be hypocritical wouldn't it?

Then what about the guy who is hosting the race that quits when your about to win booting you out of the game?

If he wasn't banned then that would be hypocritical wouldn't it?

I don't recall anyone saying anything about that.

I don't recall anyone saying anything about that.

Well I believe I just did now didn't I?
Quiting when you are the host effects everyone in the race.

If someone who is hosting decides to quit the game because he can't win he just bashed every other player now didn't he?

Well I believe I just did now didn't I?

You're not making any sense here.

Sphinx is a hypocrite because he said he'd ban one sort of person, but hasn't said he wouldn't ban a hitherto undescribed sort of person? Logical leap much?

Quiting when you are the host effects everyone in the race.

The mallard is the most recognisable of the ducks.

If someone who is hosting decides to quit the game because he can't win he just bashed every other player now didn't he?

If he quit because he can't win? Yes, I guess. What does this have to do with anything said in this thread to this point, and how does it make Sphinx a hypocrite?

If any host quits on me, and I end up in another race with them later, I take them out.

I just wanted to know how do you plan on determining who is the host? I really wanted to know.

It's whomever is on the pole. I just hosted a few races in a row at Suzuka myself... and I didn't quit out. :)

This is no longer the case. It has been changed after the the [SPEC II] update.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/gt5p/news/d2024.html

"Online
- Added Free Run (practice run mode) in race events
- Changed so that the host is not always in the 1st place grid position in online race events
"

Starnge, I was in the same races as you, and I didn't see you on pole.

Saw you as well, and was a bit too far back to see what happened with you and the two "team_2ch" Lotus 111R's. That was my first race tonight, and I wasn't starting on the pole (essentially joined the group and the race started immediately), the two following events I started first... but I guess the point is moot based on RocketPunch's note aboe, LOL. :)

Curious to see how your racing goes here now that real online racing has come to GT. I dont think a ban from 'racing' here is going to worry anyone. Personally as soon as I got xbox live I found it hard to care about the offline time trials I used to love at the old GTF. Guess its a topic for another thread though.

Slightly more on topic, and as the other guy said, if someone ruins my night off and also denies me the full experience of leisure items I have paid for by ending all my races then I will want to get back at them. And there are not many options to do so in GT. Quitters need to be punished somehow, or does the GTP endorse such behavior by way of saying no punishment should come their way?

Of course I can predict the answer. 'yes they should be punished somehow, but not like that'. But this somehow is never. PD is NOT going to do it. So saying that is simply saying that its all ok. Is the GTP really ok with people quitting if they are not winning?

You spoil my races on purpose and i'll do what I can to spoil yours. Simple.

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
- Mohandas Gandhi

Hang on a sec, can someone explain why the heck the session ends if the host quits ???

This doesnt affect Forza 2, in FM2 if the host quits the game carrys on

If the game ends when a host leaves mid game, just because the host thinks "ahhh **** this im not going to win" , everyone is else playing screwed.

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
- Mohandas Gandhi

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

- Newton's third law

You spoil my races on purpose and i'll do what I can to spoil yours. Simple.

How childish.

The other night I was playing a Hardcore Team Deathmatch on CoD4. One player on our team knifed another - player and team lost 10 points. The second player wasn't happy. 10 seconds later, the second player shot the first for revenge - player and team lost 10 points.

For some reason, player 2 thought this was an end of it. The first player shot him - player and team lost 10 points. The second player swore copiously down his headset.

This continued for the full 15 minute match - while four of us were taking on the six enemy, these two guys just kept shooting each other for some perceived revenge against each other. The net result was that no matter how many enemy we four took out (and it was a lot), we couldn't win because not only were we outnumbered, but every time these two morons shot each other the team lost 10 points. This wasted everyone's time - the six enemy players might as well have kicked back with cigars for 15 minutes, and the four friendlies couldn't have done anything with their efforts. And the two morons who just ran round shooting each other were getting extremely angry indeed (judging by the amount of times I heard someone referring to a cute cat).

The moral? It takes ONE person to not play by the rules to ruin an online game for everyone. Allowing them the time and space to continue to do so is tolerating their behaviour. Quitting any game where this occurs, even if you're the host, denies them time and space to continue to break the rules. So what if everyone else is mildly inconvenienced by having to find a new game? At least they have the chance to find a new game, rather than being stuck swimming uphill for 15 minutes because of gibbering idiots.

Hang on a sec, can someone explain why the heck the session ends if the host quits ???

Host migration doesn't exist yet.

This doesnt affect Forza 2, in FM2 if the host quits the game carrys on

You get what you pay for - a half-price demo and a free network.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

- Newton's third law

It will only get worse if you pick at it

- Traditional.

It's whomever is on the pole. I just hosted a few races in a row at Suzuka myself... and I didn't quit out. :)

he man,raced you on suzuka last night and have to say sorry...
was following you closely thru the ss's when on the 3rd corner you braked little early and me too late....small bump and i send you of track...
totally my bad unimental....:ill:
spyrrari.:sly:

How childish.

The other night I was playing a Hardcore Team Deathmatch on CoD4. One player on our team knifed another - player and team lost 10 points. The second player wasn't happy. 10 seconds later, the second player shot the first for revenge - player and team lost 10 points.

For some reason, player 2 thought this was an end of it. The first player shot him - player and team lost 10 points. The second player swore copiously down his headset.

This continued for the full 15 minute match - while four of us were taking on the six enemy, these two guys just kept shooting each other for some perceived revenge against each other. The net result was that no matter how many enemy we four took out (and it was a lot), we couldn't win because not only were we outnumbered, but every time these two morons shot each other the team lost 10 points. This wasted everyone's time - the six enemy players might as well have kicked back with cigars for 15 minutes, and the four friendlies couldn't have done anything with their efforts. And the two morons who just ran round shooting each other were getting extremely angry indeed (judging by the amount of times I heard someone referring to a cute cat).

The moral? It takes ONE person to not play by the rules to ruin an online game for everyone. Allowing them the time and space to continue to do so is tolerating their behaviour. Quitting any game where this occurs, even if you're the host, denies them time and space to continue to break the rules. So what if everyone else is mildly inconvenienced by having to find a new game? At least they have the chance to find a new game, rather than being stuck swimming uphill for 15 minutes because of gibbering idiots.

While i agree in princible with what your saying, my expiriance with playing forza 2 online tells me that revenge or rather consquence, can have some positive aspects.

If some guy intentionally trys to run someone off the track just to win or gain a place, theres a good chance that in the next race revenge will be served, most people who play FM2 online regularly are aware of this tit-for-tat behavior.

So on the whole most players will not risk intentionally ruining someone elses race for fear of retaliation.

he man,raced you on suzuka last night and have to say sorry...
was following you closely thru the ss's when on the 3rd corner you braked little early and me too late....small bump and i send you of track...
totally my bad unimental....:ill:
spyrrari.:sly:

LOL, no worries. I promise to brake later if you'll brake earlier next time. ;)

As long as there are no private lobbys I agree with Famine that it is ok for the host to quit the game if there is a driver that does not drive fair. People drive like idiots because as of now, there is no real punishement for doing it. You cant kick people, you cant ban them. All races are setup pretty much randomly.

When private lobbies come into play, you can always kick the griefers before the next race.

Can't wait for the private races, I guess I'll be hosting a lot and hand out some official "banned-for-live"-certificates so the rest of us can have some real sporty racing fun.

As long as there are no private lobbys I agree with Famine that it is ok for the host to quit the game if there is a driver that does not drive fair. People drive like idiots because as of now, there is no real punishement for doing it. You cant kick people, you cant ban them. All races are setup pretty much randomly.

When private lobbies come into play, you can always kick the griefers before the next race.

Can't wait for the private races, I guess I'll be hosting a lot and hand out some official "banned-for-live"-certificates so the rest of us can have some real sporty racing fun.

Agreed to both.

Back