Street Car Challenge: Vintage American Muscle.Open 

• Thread starter CC570
  • 65 comments
I really wanted to do a one stop race, but when i pitted at the end of 9 I had 3 litres left in the tank.
I love the motor in that Ruf.

@daddyo845 yes tire wear was on high.

My fuel gauge said that I needed 101 liters once I finally made it into the pits.:odd:

I was concentrating too much on my driving, in an effort to stay with @KingKlingeling , so I didn't check my fuel at all during the the beginning of the race.:dunce: I glanced at my tires a number of times (and they seemed ok), but never the fuel gauge. I think that I was thinking that I could make it to lap # 10 and then would pit (spliting the race in half), but I never verified how fast the fuel was running out of the tank!:eek:

Anyway, I had a great race driving with KingKling for the first eight laps:tup:

We had a great battle with @LongbowX for the first few laps until he got past us and slowly drove off into the distance.:bowdown:

See you at the track!
GTsail

I knew you were on low fuel , because same car and same pace 👍
and after I drove into the pits and saw you flying by I could think about one word thats equal in english and german :D ( schadenfreude ):cheers:

ok guys , I think I have an idea about the SCC !
What about If we were only allowed to use a car once !
I mean , no evos , no imprezas , no yellow birds and no elise's in the next event , for nobody of course
Next time , I guess we will see a lotus one make ! that would have been my choice due @LongbowX domination :bowdown:

if we do this, we will see a great variety of cars !

just an Idea and I wanna know what you are thinking about .

see you at the makeshift shuffle tomorrow :gtpflag:

I mean , no evos , no imprezas , no yellow birds and no elise's in the next event , for nobody of course

Nice idea @KingKlingeling 👍

Though, it might get a little limiting after a few races if no one could use a car that hadn't been run before by anyone.

How about adding a wrinkle to your idea:

You can drive any car as long as you personally haven't driven it before, with the exception that no one can pick a car that has previously won the race (to eliminate the chance that everyone other than @LongbowX would run the Lotus Elise 190:D).

Would this work?

GTsail

I knew you were on low fuel , because same car and same pace 👍
and after I drove into the pits and saw you flying by I could think about one word thats equal in english and german :D ( schadenfreude ):cheers:

👍

Next time , I guess we will see a lotus one make ! that would have been my choice due @LongbowX domination :bowdown:

if we do this, we will see a great variety of cars !

just an Idea and I wanna know what you are thinking about .

see you at the makeshift shuffle tomorrow :gtpflag:

Speaking only for myself, I have to say I like driving the cars I like to drive.
I don't find the idea that I can't drive a car I like, simply because I've already driven it, very appealing.

What track?

Maybe you could give us a PP range restriction based upon what track you select:

High speed track like La Sarthe or High Speed Ring: 490PP - 510PP

Fast track like Spa: 470PP - 490PP

Medium speed track like Grand Valley: 450PP - 470PP

Slower track like Autumn Ring: 430PP - 450PP

Low speed track like Autumn Mini Ring: 410PP - 430PP

Or something along these lines?

(with the exception that @LongbowX can run his Fiat Panda at La Sarthe if he wants to:tup:):)

GTsail

Last edited:
How about a more restrictive class, at least a pp limit and not a range.

Hmmm? Vintage muscle cars at Matterhorn Short course-100 laps?

That sounds like a lot of fun and I think a limit is better than a range and could we have the races start later. If not, I won't be able to attend. But if you can't don't worry about it.

How about a more restrictive class, at least a pp limit and not a range.

A combination class and PP limit would work, if you were thinking of changing it each week so we would end up in a variety of cars.

Vintage muscle would be good, but we could also just make up some classes:

Nissan Skyline week
Honda NSX week
Australian week
British week
FWD week
Japanese 80's week
Heavyweight week (over 1750kg)

Respectfully,
GTsail

Thanks guys, I think. I still feel a bit bad though.

The Elise 190 is great because it weighs nothing at all. It's 670kg, and since GT6 punishes weight when it comes to tire wear it's an excellent choice. Best not to push it too hard though.

I like themes, restricting cars...all of it really.

Substitute the Fiat Panda with the Mini Marcos and I'm there. :lol: Probably would never have to stop.

Ok, for this Thursday:

American v8's 1980 or older, comfort tires. 100 laps @ Matterhorn short course. Post if interested. Oh yes thinking Damage light for this one.

Ok, for this Thursday:
American v8's 1980 or older, comfort tires. 100 laps @ Matterhorn short course. Post if interested.

Ok, before I sign-up for this....can you tell me how many laps the muscle cars can go on a tank of gas?

Or am I allowed radio contact with my pit-crew during the race?;):D

GTsail

I'm in of course :D
but I guess I will race out of competition . I will use h-pattern + clutch as a training for sunday's endurance event .
maybe I'll take the chevy nova , perfect practice for zero cup next monday :D
looking forward to thursday :cheers:

Sounds like fun, I won't be around however. I think I know what I would pick though. (Not the GT40... which would fit in there too. :lol:)

Perhaps you should clarify and say FR only.

Last edited:
^^^Don't think the GT40 would be much good here so I don't care if someone uses it.

Has anyone else tried these cars on this track? I think it is going to be intensely fun. I've been able to do :29.xxx->:30.xxx in a range of cars while staying on the track. Fuel and maybe especially tires will be an issue. One or two or more stops depending on which car and the weight of your simulated right foot.:lol:

I tried several cars there and I found my favourite :D ( not the gt40 )
lap times are consistent and ,I guess ,fast ( clutch and h-pattern !
only problem left is the pit entry and exit :banghead: :lol:

edit: I'm not in the grid in post #1
but I would love to drive this today 👍

Last edited:
Back