• Thread starter CC570
  • 65 comments
United States
Pennsylvania, USA
cc570
Thursday 27 February 2014
20:00 UTC (GMT Zulu time)
03:00pm - 04:30pm US EST / 08:00pm - 09:30pm GMT

Comfort Tires, Light Damage enduro (~1 hour race, 1 pit stop required)

VCRC Rules Apply*

*If you don't know what this means read the first post of this thread.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/vcrc-vintage-low-power-sunday-3pm-gmt-10am-us-est.293150/

All drivers should read this thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-good-racecraft-guide.183891/

The Car? Your choice!*

* must be an American V8 n.a. powered car from 1980 or earlier. Comfort tires. Damage light

The Track? Matterhorn short course.*

*no worry about hitting the limiter here.:)

The Drivers? Sign up below.

• CC570

Last edited:
I'd like to sign up but my question is that we can take ANY production car in the entire game? ANY?! So I can take a pagani huayra if I wanted to?

Last edited:
It had to be available for sale to the general public and street legal. Let me know what car you have in mind I'll tell you yea or nay.

For example

CM front and CS rear may be the best (my favorite :) ) tire combo.
Was testing at Grand Valley with various cars: LCC Rocket, KTM x-bow, Toyota FT-1, Ferrari F-40, A.C. 427, RUF Yellowbird, Mercedes SL-55 AMG.

Found them all to be extremely drivable, no TCS or ABS. I had damage heavy and while hotlapping was able to get at least 5 laps per car in before putting a wheel off. Lap times ranged from the 2:13.xxx for the LCC and the KTM to 2:17.xxx->2:19.xxx for the others except the portly Merc which was 2:27.xxx.

I am no great shakes as a driver, but feel I could drive these cars with these tires in a race. The tires grip surprisingly well and when they do get loose it is in a slow and recoverable manner.

Of these cars the LCC and KTM are not allowed because they are track day cars. The Toyota FT-1 isn't allowed because it isn't or wasn't available for sale. The Ferrari, RUF, A.C. and Merc are all allowed.

Nope. Tuning is prohibited though.

So basically, we can use any car that we want to drive for an hour?

This gives me so many options that its hard to choose.:boggled:

Hmmmm....maybe a Ferrari or a Subaru

Off to the dealerships with my checkbook in hand.....

Thanks,
GTsail

We might want to see about getting cars that will be able to give us and even race. Maybe kingklingeling should get a slower car than the rest of us :lol:

We might want to see about getting cars that will be able to give us and even race. Maybe kingklingeling should get a slower car than the rest of us :lol:
Tomorrow is a bit of short notice. But in following weeks. . .

Oh whoops, I didn't realize we need comfort tires. Well that changes things significantly. :dunce: Anyone know what they are going to drive for tomorrow because I have no clue. I'd like to get a similar car as you guys.

Although I probably won't participate, I'm interested in what people would use as well. Secretly I have made my choice. It will be intriguing to see if it's used.

To be honest , I thought about a Evo , Impreza or any car in this PP range maybe , 4wd, decent power and drivable with comforts ! I'll test a bunch of cars after work !
Consistent laps are the key and not the fastest straight speeds :gtpflag:

Yeah since you need to drive on comfort tires you really can't pick an ultra fast car or you will not be able to control the car at all. I was thinking of a car in that range too.

I would like to do something similar to this but is there anyway we could start at 3 or even 2:45 because my school schedule will not allow me to participate. The only reason that I was able to race today was because of school cancellations due to the snow. I definitely would like to do this again but I think maybe we should pick a theme of cars for the next events that way we all have somewhat similar cars. I don't know what you guys think about that.

I felt bad a little for taking that car, I should probably should have switched to something similar... (although right before we started I recalled how difficult it was to keep it pointed straight. I did lose it once, before my pit stop. I let my mind wander a bit).

It's easy to run out of fuel if you aren't watching it. Maybe it should "bing" like a real car. :embarrassed:

Yeah I agree. I wasn't paying attention to my gas gauged at all until we were six laps in and I saw I had a quarter tank left :lol:. I was so scared to go until the eighth lap without pitting because I thought I would run out and the gas light even came on. Was that tire wear strong settings?

Latest Posts

Back