Street Car Challenge: Vintage American Muscle.Open 

• Thread starter CC570
  • 65 comments
I've tested a few cars and I have picked two likely candidates, but I'm afraid that my schedule is too tight to join the race today, sorry.

Hopefully next week I will see you on the slopes of the Matterhorn:)

I guess I'm going to have to take down the big sign that I have taped to my TV that says:

Check the fuel gauge!!!:D

See you this weekend!
GTsail

So, how'd it go? My choice would have been the '78 Trans Am. It's not the fastest (by far), but it's the only one with a limited slip, helping tire wear. Curious to find out what others took.
dude that car is really fun to drive, with very low mods & stock 4 speed trans... it is very fun!

the grid was only cc and me !
he was in a cobra and i was in a 69 camaro ! we did did only 50 laps or so ! for 100 laps I had to pit only once ! I drove with clutch and h-pattern . I had to short shift a lot to reduce the tire spin , but it worked , did consistend 27.8xx laps .

We will try this again, hoping to get more people. The cars really work well on the track. Its so intense, you get no rest. Throttle control and short shifting are key, both for tire wear and accelerating up the hill. I will fix up the title and first post to reflect the rescheduled event. Might have to try putting softs on the front rather than mediums on the Cobra. :nervous:

On a side note; its a real shame PD didn't give us the Cobra with the small block Ford, 260 or 289 cid, either as a Shelby or as an A.C..

Last edited:
Back