Street Cars Lap Times (Nordschleife)

• Thread starter Yassi_99
  • 294 comments
Es wird Deutsch :-) The AMG GT S clocked in at a very fast 7:27,240 and beats the NSX with a slight margin. I dislike its weight and loose tail in long 3rd/4th gear corners. Sound is very satisfying, brakes are quite nice for such a heavy bomber.

Before you spend your money on the Vulcan: It is the first car which I really hate to drive. No downforce even though IRL it should be on par with a GT3. First three and sometimes even up to fifth gear, you have terrible wheelspin. The car is unable to cope its massive power + standard gear ratio is to short for the Döttinger Höhe. Much slower than both LaFerrari and Mclaren F1. It has problems accelerating but deaccelerating too. Brakes seem to be undersized. Overall a really underwhelming car which has to be redone by PD (Chris Harris was blown away by it).

Question: Do you want to read my opinion on all tested cars (like I did until now) or should I cut it short and only add the time and a message which cars have been newly tested. Or should I even expand my description to some kind of a mini-review for each vehicle?

I personally am enjoying reading your opinions and comparing them with my own. I think the only suggestion I have would be to include the time at the start of each post, as otherwise the reader has to go back to the first post to see it.

Thanks for doing these lap times. I keep thinking of doing something similar at Maggiore West as I love that track, but I'm not a great driver so the times wouldn't be very consistent and nowhere near as useful as yours and @MidFieldMaven .

Nissan GT-R (N600): 7:24,441

As expected a bit slower than the NISMO but the difference between those two is bigger than you might think. Many people complain about duplicates but their driving-behaviour and feel is different. The NISMO sends more power to the rear axle so it is much more alive and sometimes easier, sometimes harder to drive. The standard NSX itself feels much more like a train: On rails without itching its rear at all. If you spin the GT-R, you must have really f... up. Of course, it understeers a bit more and has less power/more weight. Traction en masse

Last edited:
Before you spend your money on the Vulcan: It is the first car which I really hate to drive. No downforce even though IRL it should be on par with a GT3. First three and sometimes even up to fifth gear, you have terrible wheelspin. The car is unable to cope its massive power + standard gear ratio is to short for the Döttinger Höhe. Much slower than both LaFerrari and Mclaren F1. It has problems accelerating but deaccelerating too. Brakes seem to be undersized. Overall a really underwhelming car which has to be redone by PD (Chris Harris was blown away by it).
The Vulcan reaaallly needs to be reworked. It is slightly rediculous that the car is that bad at its job and ot was the first car i saved up for in GTS because i really thought it would be something special. Very dissapointing to see it lap only a second faster than a 911 GT3.

Ferrari Enzo Ferrari (N700) - 7:12,625

Finally found some time to test a new baby. This time, it is one of my favorite Ferraris just after the F40 (and the 288 GTO). Handling is a dream compared to the Vulcan but it still has a lot of power and torque which try to kill you if you are not experienced. You reach its topspeed in a blink of an eye so of course you have to break earlier than you might think. Sound is a blast (one of the best in this game). It really deserves the company founder's name (and a skillful driver behind the wheel/pad).

Honda S660 (N100) - 9:44,934

Now the absolute opposite of the Enzo. It is not very fast but does it really need to be? I really enjoyed the drive as you could floor the pedal without lifting or braking in many corners. The handling is wonderful and could easily handle more HP. It is quite ironic that I find it much harder to find the limit of slower cars. That's why my first and last run had a laptime difference of around 4 seconds. I just couldn't believe how fast you can throw this thing around the track. It is all about carrying the maximum speed through the corners as every single km/h means a gain (or loss) for the whole next straight.

Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG (N400) - 8:01,022

If the Merc was in the N300 class this would be a very modest time but it fails against other N400 competition. It lacks both straight line and cornering speed. The AWD is sometimes helpful but it feels like the front receives more power. In my eyes it drives really weird and kinda boring. Good for beginners, okay for veterans but nothing to be too excited.

Subaru WRX STI Type S (N300) - 8:03,701

Sorry for taking so long. I just finished my best lap with the Subie. Very easy and cool handling. Looks great (not like the 22B though), sound could be a bit raspier. AWD was set to 35:65 which helps to turn the car inside the corner. Compared to the A45 it is a joy to drive but in the end the power difference is noticeable.

Last edited:

I know you do your test on Sports Hard tyres, but Vulcan, as a track car, was designed to be used with slicks and that's why braking might seem underwhelming. Do a lap on Racing Hard, just for comparison: the car really becomes much more enjoyable to drive, trust me

P.S. Not gonna argue, downforce on Vulcan is too weak

I know you do your test on Sports Hard tyres, but Vulcan, as a track car, was designed to be used with slicks and that's why braking might seem underwhelming. Do a lap on Racing Hard, just for comparison: the car really becomes much more enjoyable to drive, trust me

P.S. Not gonna argue, downforce on Vulcan is too weak

I already thought that the Vulcan needs race tires but it is still classified as an N800 vehicle. I will give it a try though

Ferrari F40 (N500) - 7:17,400

Don't get me wrong: The F40 drives so freaking nice that it almost feels too good. It beats its much newer brother (458 Italia) by a second and even challenges the 991 GT3 RS. This must be the ultimate Ferrari. Handling is easy to get comfortable with but at times it needs smooth steering and pedal input. To be fair, the F40 doesn't have ABS IRL but I want comparable results. So I have to salute to Enzo Ferrari as this was his last developed project. It turned out to be a masterpiece.

Last edited:
Pagani Zonda R (Gr.X) - 6:52,123

I know this baby isn't a street legal car but I had to test it because of its former lap record of 6:47,xxx on the Nordschleife. As you can see the Sport Hard tires are too bad to match the real life run. Nevertheless it easily outperforms hypercars like the LaFerrari and seems much more stable at the same time. Of course you can do many things very wrong but if you have the feeling for it you can dominate every street and even Gr.3 cars (if you use Racing tires). Sound is phenomenal for GT standards (especially during replay) but it could scream more for my taste. This is one hell of a machine.

Edit: I almost forgot to say that the currently useless Vulcan should handle similar to this. Pls PD, fix :-)

Last edited:
Subaru Impreza 22B-STi (N300) - 8:01,176

Now that's what I call a close rival to the A45 AMG @MidFieldMaven was talking about. What the newer versions of Evo and WRX STI can't do must be finished by their grandparents. The 22B has the Colin McRae Booster which helps cornering. The weight difference between old and new Subi is bigger than I thought and must be the reason for the faster laptime. I already said that the 22B is my favorite Subaru by looks and also by sound. The AWD works perfectly and you can flat out some corners you can't with the newer one. It also has astonishing brakes. You can use your Gr.3 braking points with this badboy. It lacks some power to catch the top N300 cars like the R34 or the NSX.

Alpine A110 (N300) - 7:57,727

Another Sub-8mins N300 missile. Very predictable to drive (and drift :]) and therefore unspectacular but extremely fast around corners. This is the biggest strength of the Alpine so it easily outperforms even more powerful cars on tighter tracks like Tsukuba. If it only had more HP it would have beaten the R34 but the speed difference on longer straights is too big. We can conclude that the Alpine gets stronger the smaller the tracks (and straights) are. It feels like a more civilized version of the Alfa 4C which behaves very similar.

Ferrari GTO (N400) - 7:30,131

Sorry for taking so long. I just finished my lap with the 288 GTO and it just amazes me how fast this old baby is. It even defeated the much newer 997 GT3 by a tenth. But always remember: This thing is no childs-play like other N400 cars. It demands a lot of sensitivity and control as it is a wilder version of the F40. You can feel the lack of aerodynamics compared to its newer brother. Very tailhappy and nervous around high-speed bumps. The straight line speed is crazy for its HP. It not only looks absolutely stunning (I mean look at those pop-up headlights :D) but it is a banger on the track too.

Last edited:
Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe C2 (N400) - 8:06,811

I'm back with update 1.31 on my shoulders. This time I tried my best to torture the C2 split-window and I'm really surprised. It is a damn fast car on the track which can keep up with cars half a century newer. Of course it is quite squishy and spongy in corners and has a weird tendency to overpower one tire (probably because of the old and crappy suspension/differential). At times it can really snap-oversteer like an MR2 lmao. It has a really good feeling while turning into a corner as it doesn't understeer much. We don't have to talk about its raw power. Very fast in acceleration but topspeed is limited because of the short gearbox. Still an extremely entertaining and cool car to drive :-D

Alpine A110 (N300) - 7:57,727

Another Sub-8mins N300 missile. Very predictable to drive (and drift :]) and therefore unspectacular but extremely fast around corners. This is the biggest strength of the Alpine so it easily outperforms even more powerful cars on tighter tracks like Tsukuba. If it only had more HP it would have beaten the R34 but the speed difference on longer straights is too big. We can conclude that the Alpine gets stronger the smaller the tracks (and straights) are. It feels like a more civilized version of the Alfa 4C which behaves very similar.

Fantastic time. Am also testing cars on the Ring. Am mostly slower than you but sometimes faster.

Last edited:
Fantastic Time. Also testinf Cars on the Ring. Am mostly slower than you but sometimes faster
I am curious with which cars you are faster than me. Perhaps I can try to retest those cars to see if I really lost too much time and improve my lap :-)

Thank you for your feedback!

I am curious with which cars you are faster than me. Perhaps I can try to retest those cars to see if I really lost too much time and improve my lap :-)

Thank you for your feedback!

Alright, finally some time in front of the PC. Now I can answer accordingly.

Let me first say that some of your times are mighty impressive. We are similarly fast, while you are being faster mostly, especially in the higher specced street cars. Both of us are still rather slow compared to the aliens on GtPlanet though. Your F40 time surprised me the most, I can almost not believe it. Haven't tested it my self but going by your lap time I have to conclude it's faster than its successor the F50...

I had an idea for the exact same thread for quite a while now, but could only start doing hot laps about 2 months ago, after buying a Thrustmuster GT300 wheel and a real racing seat from playseat :). I am testing all cars stock and in sports hard tyres also by the way.

Sometime in January or February I will upload all my hot laps to youtube. Then we can compare our lap times and those of others here better :)

So regarding your question where I have been faster than you:
1. Lancer X Final Version: 08.01.181
Very very stable car. Quite impressive what modern cars can do today regarding this quality.
2. WRX Sti Type S: 8.00.667
Even more stable than the Lancer X. This car is on rails.
3. Benz A45 AMG: 7,59.259
Thought it would be slightly faster, but not bad overall.
4. Skyline R34: 7.53.002
The king of the Japanese sports car (together with the NSX :P). I was not dissapointed with it for sure. Looks, sound, handling, all great!

Also, the following cars surprised me positively.
1. Jaguar E-Type: 08.18.646
Crazy fast considering its age.
2. Auti TT: 07.55.368
This thing is faster than all Japanese sports cars from the 90s, except the R34 (and that one released in the 2K's).
3. The Pantera '71: 07.55.850
How can such an old car with the power to weight ratio be so quick?! Also, it has ASTONISHING stability, considering it is rear wheel drive and so old. Just fantastic.
4. Alfa Romeo 4C: 07.59.634
This was by far the biggest surpirse to me! This is an N200 class car...do I need to say more?

I am quite proud of the following lap too, less because of the speed of the car (which was rather disappointing honestly), but more because I think I stringed a rather nice lap together:
Nissan Fairlady Z: 08.08.873

And finally, for the sake of completion and (possible future) (general) comparisons, I'll post my remaining hot laps I did:
1. SUPRA 3.0 GT '89: 08.19.729
It's okay I guess, but slower than the E-Type...
2. Lancer Evo '96: 08.14.338
Probably the most dissapointing car I have testet yet. It's really slow speed wise and has shockingly bad stability and cornering ability considering it's AWD. I do love its looks though.
3. Tesla: 08.07.686
Yeah it's heavy, but considering its power its lap time is really dissapointing. The acceleratrion isn't woo bad but that top speed...Also it's pretty unstable, especially under braking.
4. Honda Civic Type R '15: 08.04.847
For a FWD it's pretty damned fast. I liked it.
5. Hyundai Genesis Coupe: 08.01.368
This car feels reeeeaally heavy, much heavier than it actually is. Not the best drivers car imo, but a good competitor to many Japanese sports cars. Though it's much more difficult to control at the limit.
6. Mazda RX7 '02: 07.59.776
A bit faster than I thought it would be, especially speed wise. Quite a bit harder to control than the rest of the Japanese sports cars though.
7. Nissan Skyline R32 '94: 07.58.669
Great car. Pretty fast and you can really throw it around corners, feels like a RWD in some moments. Love it's looks and sound too.
8. Nissan Skyline R33 '97: 07.58.128
Handling wise it's very similar to the R32, but even more drifty, which I love. I took an entire long corner by drift, and didn't lose any time. Just fun.
9. SUPRA RZ '97: 07.58.107
Yep it's really fast but also harder to control than most of the other Japanese.
10. F50: 07.28.976
Couldn't wait to try this out. A first time in the series and I'm paranoid PD might delete it with a future update haha. Probably could have gone a good 2-4 seconds faster with it, only had about 2 hours with it on track. What can I say? I loooooooove its looks. SO sexy, just pure beatuy. The sound is wonderful too. Imo it's pretty wild, but VERY rewarding once you tame it. Just looking at my replay it looks so ferocious and simply fast, as if it would be on the limit the entire time. I just love it.

Last edited:
Alright, finally some time in front of the PC. Now I can answer accordingly.

Let me first say that some of your times are mighty impressive. We are similarly fast, while you are being faster mostly, especially in the higher speced street cars. Both of us are still rather slow compared to the aliens on the GtPlanet though. Your F40 time surprised me the most, I can almost not believe it. Haven't tested it my self but going by your lap time I have to concliude it's faster than its successor the F50...

I had an idea for the exact same thread for quite a while now, but could only start doing hot laps about 2 months ago, after buying a Thrustmuster GT300 wheel and a real racing seat from playseat :). I am testing all cars stock and in sports hard tyres also by the way.

Sometime in January or February I will upload all my hot laps to youtube. Then we can compare our lap times and those of others here better :)

So regarding your question where I have been faster than you:
1. Lancer X Final Version: 08.01.181
Very very stable car. Quite impressive what modern cars can do today regarding this quality.
2. WRX Sti Type S: 8.00.667
Even more stable than the Lancer X. This car is on rails.
3. Benz A45 AMG: 7,59.259
Thought it would be slightly faster, but not bad overall.
4. Skyline R34: 7.53.002
The king of the Japanese sports car (together with the NSX :P). I was not disspointed with it for sure. Looks, sound, handling, all great!

Also, the following cars surprised me positively.
1. Jaguar E-Type: 08.18.646
Crazy fast considering its age.
2. Auti TT: 07.55.368
This thing is faster than all Japanese sports cars from the 90s, except the R34 (and that one released in the 2K's).
3. The Pantera '71: 07.55.850
How can such an old car with the power to weight ratio be so quich?! Also, it has ASTONISHING stability, considering it is rear wheel drive and so old. Just fantastic.
4. Alfa Romeo 4C: 07.59.634
This was by far the biggest surpirse to me! This is an N200 class car...do I need to say more?

I am quite proud of the following lap too, less because of the speed of the car (which was rather disappointing honestly), but more because I think I stringed a rather nice lap together:
Nissan Fairlady Z: 08.08.873

And finally, for the sake of completion and (possible future) (general) comparisons, I'll post my remaining hot laps I did:
1. SUPRA 3.0 GT '89: 08.19.729
It's okay I guess, but slower than the E-Type...
2. Lancer Evo '96: 08.14.338
Probably the most dissapointing car I have testet yet. It's really slow speed wise and has shockingly bad stability and cornering ability considering it AWD. I do love its looks though.
3. Tesla: 08.07.686
Yeah it's heavy, but considering its power its lap time is really dissapointing. The acceleratrion isn't woo bad but that top speed...Also it's pretty unstable, especially under braking.
4. Honda Civic Type R '15: 08.04.847
For a FWD it's pretty damned fast. I liked it.
5. Hyundai Genesis Coupe: 08.01.368
This car feels reeeeaally heavy, much heavier than it actually is. Not the best drivers car imo, but a good competitor to many Japanese sports cars. Though it's much more difficult to control at the limit.
6. Mazda RX7 '02: 07.59.776
A bit faster than I thought it would be, especially speed wise. Quite a bit harder to control than the rest of the Japanese sports cars though.
7. Nissan Skyline R32 '94: 07.58.669
Great car. Pretty fast and you can really through it around corners, feels like a RWD in some moments. Love it's looks and sound too.
8. Nissan Skyline R33 '97: 07.58.128
Handling wise it's very similar to the R32, but even more drifty, which I love. I took an entire long corner by drift, and didn't lose any time. Just fun.
9. SUPRA RZ '97: 07.58.107
Yep it's really fast but also harder to control than most of the other Japanese.
10. F50: 07.28.976
Couldn't wait to try this out. A first time in the series and I'm paranoid PD might delete it with a future update haha. Probably could have gone a good 2-4 seconds faster with it, only had about 2 hours with it on track. What can I say? I loooooooove it's looks. SO sexy, just pure beatuy. The sound is wonderful too. Imo it's pretty wild, but VERY rewarding once you tame it. Just looking at my replay it looks so ferocious and simly fast, as if it would be on the limit the entire time. I just love it.
That's what i call dedication :D

Thank you for all your times. Atleast now, I have other times to mess with so it it even funnier now to get the maximum out of every car. I will try to improve my times with the cars you sre faster with and also test the cars that you were driving too. That way we can compare the cars better.

One question though: Do you use a clutch + h-shifter as shifting times are much shorter than with a pad or with paddles.

That's what i call dedication :D

Thank you for all your times. Atleast now, I have other times to mess with so it it even funnier now to get the maximum out of every car. I will try to improve my times with the cars you sre faster with and also test the cars that you were driving too. That way we can compare the cars better.

One question though: Do you use a clutch + h-shifter as shifting times are much shorter than with a pad or with paddles.

Looking forward to your times. You can post new times too though ;), love also seeing new times. Your F50 time I definatly need to see though...

I am using the paddles btw., don't have an H-shifter.

EDIT:

New time: X-BOW R'12: 07.34.533

Oh boy what an insane car. My wrist is hurting. That thing has sooo much cornering speed. But is also extremly hard to move at the limit.

Old times of mine, just so you can compare to yours:
1. Toyota MR2 GT-S '97: 08.10.169
2. Subaru Impreza 22B-STi Version '98: 08.03.168
3. Honda NSX Type R '92: 07.58.657
4. Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01: 07:42.716

Last edited:
Ferrari F50 (N500) - 7:19,800

I managed to even break the 7:20min barrier with this missile. The car behaves just as perfect as the F40 but it has slighty more understeer in slower corners. In faster corners it is the opposite. There, the F50 can start to get really nervous (only if you really push it hard though) and needs an extreme amount of balance/skill to maintain your direction. Other than that it is a really easy drivable car with a better sound than the F40. Just like Chris Harris in his comparison analyzed: Indeed, the F40 is the faster car but not by too much. If I go for fun only, the F50 is the better package in my opinion but tastes are different :D

Ferrari F50 (N500) - 7:19,800

I managed to even break the 7:20min barrier with this missile. The car behaves just as perfect as the F40 but it has slighty more understeer in slower corners. In faster corners it is the opposite. There, the F50 can start to get really nervous (only if you really push it hard though) and needs an extreme amount of balance/skill to maintain your direction. Other than that it is a really easy drivable car with a better sound than the F40. Just like Chris Harris in his comparison analyzed: Indeed, the F40 is the faster car but not by too much. If I go for fun only, the F50 is the better package in my opinion but tastes are different :D

Ok this time is crazy. Really impressed. In the following months I will be testing it again and I know already I will be happy to even manage a 7.25.xxx.

For now I can bake in the glory of being faster than you in the R34. An entire 0.083 seconds. Yeah baby :P

Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater (N300) - 8:06,346

I really like the design of the 300ZX. It just reminds me of the JDM's golden age. Its performance itself is quite ok but it is slower than every other N300 car (except the Mach 1 Mustang). It is more about the feeling of driving an icon instead of pure power and handling. What I really appreciated was the ability to both handle very nice and smooth in corners but also being able to drift anytime if you only want to :D
A big negative point is the high weight of around 1.5t. Especially for the late 80s this must have been a real bomber. I love it for its imperfection.

Back