Street Cars Lap Times (Nordschleife)

• Thread starter Yassi_99
  • 294 comments
I understand there are a whole lot of variables involved when comparing game times to real life times but the Diablo is a good 40 seconds faster in game (It did a 8:04 IRL). Wonder if PD screwed up the performance data of the Diablo seeing how other cars did better. I know GT isn't the most realistic game out there but 40 seconds is quite a large margin.
Not true. In reality how many years ago did the Diablo lap the ring? Now think how tyre technology has advanced over time.
The old cars will lap the ring much faster with modern tyres.

New times:

Ferrari 512BB '76: 07.51.930
What a horrible, horrible car. What a piece of hot garbage. Well it's fast, but its handling is just...ugh! It's sooo floaty and oversteery. Absolutely not my car.
Ford GT40 Mark I '66: 07.27.534
I have been faster in this one, than in the F50 :lol:. Ok, my F50 lap wasn't too clean, but the GT40 is realistically about 4-6 seconds slower, while being 29 years older, and having about 160hp less (yes it's also much lighter, but still). What an amazing machine!

Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater (N300) - 8:06,346

I really like the design of the 300ZX. It just reminds me of the JDM's golden age. Its performance itself is quite ok but it is slower than every other N300 car (except the Mach 1 Mustang). It is more about the feeling of driving an icon instead of pure power and handling. What I really appreciated was the ability to both handle very nice and smooth in corners but also being able to drift anytime if you only want to :D
A big negative point is the high weight of around 1.5t. Especially for the late 80s this must have been a real bomber. I love it for its imperfection.

Nice time!

New times:

Ferrari 512BB '76: 07.51.930
What a horrible, horrible car. What a piece of hot garbage. Well it's fast, but its handling is just...ugh! It's sooo floaty and oversteery. Absolutely not my car.
I love it. It’s 42 years old. What do you expect?

I guess you're right, I just like to "let my emotions flow while typing" :P
I can absolutely see the appeal of this car to some people. 👍

Cars like this are very hard to just jump in and hot lap. It will take some time to get a feel for it's handling and it character. You really have to drive with some finesse rather than trying to pushing it hard to get the most out of it. Once you get a good feeling for the car it really does become fun to drive.

@Yassi_99 Have you tried the P1 GTR yet? I had a go on Sports Hard tyres and did a 7:09.516 lap on first try. With some improvements i can make it under 7 minutes, but car is a handful on Sport tyres :lol:

New time:

Lamborghini Countach LP 400 '74: 07.49.324

This car is INSANE! I thought the 512BB was hard to drive at the limit, hooo boy was I wrong! T'was a wild lap, so much I can tell! The Countach is the very definition of floaty and oversteery. I didn't manage a single clean lap in 2h. My wrist hurts. But it was fun. I still love it because Lamborghini is my favourite car manufacturer. The desing of this thing is timeless, the sound is amazing, such a classic!

@Yassi_99: You know what would be really cool? Since multiple people are contributing times, it would make sense to display all of the fastest laps of each car driven by the corresponding driver in your OP, sorted by NClasses or simply by time (obviously starting with fastest and going down getting slower). We had such a thread for GT5 back then and I really think it...well first and foremost it is simpy very interesting, but also informative. Could you please update your OP according to this idea? Your threat is basically perfect for a collection of Ring lap times in one place. Is that too much work (serious question)? What do the others think?

Last edited:
New time:

Lamborghini Countach '76: 07.49.324

This car is INSANE! I thought the 512BB for hard to drive at the limit, hooo boy was I wrong! T'was a wild lap, so much I can tell! The Countach is the very definition of floaty and oversteery. I didn't manage a single clean lap in 2h. My wrist hurts. But it was fun. I still love it because Lamborghini is my favourite car manufacturer. The desing of this thing is timeless, the sound is amazing, such a classic!

@Yassi_99: You know what would be really cool? Since multiple people are contributing times, it would make sense to display all of the fastest laps of each car driven by the corresponding driver in your OP, sorted by NClasses or simply by time (obviously starting with fastest and going down getting slower). We had such a thread for GT5 back then and I really think it...well first and foremost it is simpy very interesting, but also informative. Could you please update your OP according to this idea? Your threat is basically perfect for a collection of Ring lap times in one place. Is that too much work (serious question)? What do the others think?
Your idea is really nice and it would be a good amount of fun to collect all the times together :D I am just worried about the legitimacy of some times then. Right now, I exactly know which times I have driven (and I saved every single replay). Of course I can somehow judge if the submitted times are somehow realistic but you never know if everyone had the same conditions (driving aids, peripherals, customization...) :]

It would be an idea to open a new thread in which everyone can show off their best performance. Of course I still love seeing your times @Alex p. and others are welcome to submit their laps in this thread too.

I second the idea of having a leaderboard style thread with the exception of providing proof. Which would be quite easy, for example, we have the ability to upload replays within the game already. Just have a special tag so we can compile and see all laps from everyone that participates. Title of best lap replay could just be time you got with car so even easier to find and sort through.

I by no means could accomplish this for I dont even have a PS4 at the moment lol But if this started I'd surely convince myself to get another and contribute

Your idea is really nice and it would be a good amount of fun to collect all the times together :D I am just worried about the legitimacy of some times then. Right now, I exactly know which times I have driven (and I saved every single replay). Of course I can somehow judge if the submitted times are somehow realistic but you never know if everyone had the same conditions (driving aids, peripherals, customization...) :]

It would be an idea to open a new thread in which everyone can show off their best performance. Of course I still love seeing your times @Alex p. and others are welcome to submit their laps in this thread too.

I do understand your concern, but to me it is less about competition, but more about completion and collection of times. If someone lies, let them lie. As long as the time is not COMPLETELY unrealistic, it should be displayed. A new thread would be rather unnecassary considering yours already exist I think. Besides, I'm gonna upload all my laps to youtube in about 4-5 weeks anyway.

Of course it's still your desicion. Maybe I'll format a post and you can copy it in the OP or something like that.

Improved the time... to 7:00.653. So close :banghead:

P1 GTR on Sports Hard is pure BDSM, i'm telling ya :lol:
McLaren P1 GTR (Gr.X) - 6:43,398

This thing should only be sold with a jet license. It demolished every single car on its path with its pure power and high downforce. With SH tires, the car starts to feel a bit loose in lower gears and a bit heavy at higher speeds but everything stays manageable. The corner speed is galactic compared to all the other hypercars and it topped out at around 230-235mph. Only for very experienced/skilled players. Beginners will be overwhelmed by the extreme power. Extremely funny and entertaining to drive.

New time of mine (already submitted by @Yassi_99 in th OP - he was faster than me)

Ferrari GTO '84: 07.35.111
Wild car. Quite hard to move at the limit, but still MUCH easier to control than the Countach, 512BB or even the X-BOW. I love its desing, its sound, it is fun to drive and it is faaaast. Could have gone a little quicker, but certainly not Yassi quick ;) Verdict: I love this car.

New time of mine (already submitted by @Yassi_99 in th OP - he was faster than me)

Ferrari GTO '84: 07.35.111
Wild car. Quite hard to move at the limit, but still MUCH easier to control than the Countach, 512BB or even the X-BOW. I love its desing, its sound, it is fun to drive and it is faaaast. Could have gone a little quicker, but certainly not Yassi quick ;) Verdict: I love this car.
I will start to add your best times in my chart too. I mean why not. It makes this thread even better for everyone.

I will start to add your best times in my chart too. I mean why not. It makes this thread even better for everyone.
Yassi before I'll be an annoying dork again, let me first say that I love your update! But let's get back to business (to being an annoying dork): as a last request :dopey: I would like to ask you to add the names of the drivers. I know I said it is not about competition for me but a little recognition for the rest of us wouldn't be bad. :cheers: See it as a sign of respect for all the other drivers. I guess other people besides the ones already participating would start to contribute as well :)

Yassi before I'll be an annoying dork again, let me first say that I love your update! But let's get back to business (to being an annoying dork): as a last request :dopey: I would like to ask you to add the names of the drivers. I know I said it is not about competition for me but a little recognition for the rest of us wouldn't be bad. :cheers: See it as a sign of respect for all the other drivers. I guess other people besides the ones already participating would start to contribute as well :)
Changed it. I already thought of that but I wasn't sure because the chart is becoming more complicated. So from now on, fast drivers will be honored. But still: Don't think I will make it easy for you ;-) Of course I will retest all the cars which I haven't driven myself yet

Changed it. I already thought of that but I wasn't sure because the chart is becoming more complicated. So from now on, fast drivers will be honored. But still: Don't think I will make it easy for you ;-) Of course I will retest all the cars which I haven't driven myself yet

I can live with that. ;)

If PD adds the S-Type we can do a Jeremy Clarkson:D

There must be a car with similar handling to set at 207 hp and try the Ring in less than 10 minutes.

Also... The Volkswagen Sambabus could act as a 'Ford Transit' of sorts (with full extra weight to get it closer to Kerb Weight 1600 kg of a real transit and no ABS :lol:).

Edited: The actual van used in Top Gear was this one
for those who don't know what I'm talking about see the original challenge here

136 hp and 1600 kg makes it a weight to power ratio of 0.085
To make the Sambabus equivalent it would have to go with maximum weight and 110 hp, I don't think it will admit that much (maximum is 100 hp I think, I don't have the PS4 in front of me now)

But hey, I propose this if anyone is interested:

Sambabus with sport hard tires, maximum weight and maximum power (no other tuning allowed). Nordschleife layout, under 10 minutes. And upload video please.

Last edited:
If PD adds the S-Type we can do a Jeremy Clarkson:D

There must be a car with similar handling to set at 207 hp and try the Ring in less than 10 minutes.

Also... The Volkswagen Sambabus could act as a 'Ford Transit' of sorts (with full extra weight to get it closer to Kerb Weight 1600 kg of a real transit and no ABS :lol:).

Edited: The actual van used in Top Gear was this one
for those who don't know what I'm talking about see the original challenge here

136 hp and 1600 kg makes it a weight to power ratio of 0.085
To make the Sambabus equivalent it would have to go with maximum weight and 110 hp, I don't think it will admit that much (maximum is 100 hp I think, I don't have the PS4 in front of me now)

But hey, I propose this if anyone is interested:

Sambabus with sport hard tires, maximum weight and maximum power (no other tuning allowed). Nordschleife layout, under 10 minutes. And upload video please.

Don't forget that the time was set on Tourist layout (also known as bridge-to-gantry)

Don't forget that the time was set on Tourist layout (also known as bridge-to-gantry)
yes, I know. But the tourist layout in the game is a bit different to the real one in the video, I don't think it will make the timing right for this challenge. It will be more accurate and fair if we use Nordschleife instead.
Sorry, I don't have the PS4 with me, the HDMI port died and I sent it to fix it, probably back tomorrow. I'll have a look tonight in GT6 instead.

@Yassi_99 I have two 20 mil Cr. vintage racers in my garage and, since there was no time posted for these yet, i decided to contribute :)

Both full stock, on Sports Hard, ABS only, Countersteer assist on Weak, DualShock 4

Ferrari 330 P4 - 7:18,245
Ford Mark IV Race Car - 7:28,944

Ferrari is much faster than Mark IV on corners due to huge weight advantage and being more twitchy car in general, which helps with changing direction quicker on twisty roads (which are plenty of on Nordschleife)

But my favourite between these both is still Mark IV. The car is so stable even on Sports Hard and handles so sweet. I did multiple clean laps in a row with that car without any difficulties. Very pleasant car to drive. I'd advise anyone to buy it when you have enough currency

P.S. Ferrari time is pretty much final for me. I could probably shave off one or two seconds, but i doubt i'd be able to drive it on Sport tyres any faster (you guys might give it a go tho)
Mark IV lap, on the other hand, i could improve by quite a margain if i put in a bit more laps onto it. I think I can manage low 7:20s on Sports tyres

@Yassi_99 I have two 20 mil Cr. vintage racers in my garage and, since there was no time posted for these yet, i decided to contribute :)

Both full stock, on Sports Hard, ABS only, Countersteer assist on Weak, DualShock 4

Ferrari 330 P4 - 7:18,245
Ford Mark IV Race Car - 7:28,944

Ferrari is much faster than Mark IV on corners due to huge weight advantage and being more twitchy car in general, which helps with changing direction quicker on twisty roads (which are plenty of on Nordschleife)

But my favourite between these both is still Mark IV. The car is so stable even on Sports Hard and handles so sweet. I did multiple clean laps in a row with that car without any difficulties. Very pleasant car to drive. I'd advise anyone to buy it when you have enough currency

P.S. Ferrari time is pretty much final for me. I could probably shave off one or two seconds, but i doubt i'd be able to drive it on Sport tyres any faster (you guys might give it a go tho)
Mark IV lap, on the other hand, i could improve by quite a margain if i put in a bit more laps onto it. I think I can manage low 7:20s on Sports tyres
Thanks for your help to complete the chart :-)
I only have the XJ13 though but I should give it a try next time

Ford GT40 Mark I (N400) - 7:24,165

I knew this thing would dominate most of the N400 competition but this time is just pure insanity. It even slaps much stronger and newer N500/N600 cars with ease. The handling is a dream and very controllable. I can't believe this banger is already 52 years old :D
No wonder this thing won Le Mans. It is totally worth the cash

Such a great threat, I remember doing this back in GT5 and GT6. Nowadays I only use a wheel, I tried the controller but that just doesn't work for me anymore.

Yesterday I decided to start doing TTs on the Nordschleife and recording the times for all the cars in GTS. I prety much use the same settings OP is, so stock cars, no BoP, street cars run on SH, but race cars on RH I think, not sure if I have the confidence in driving those cars on sport tires, but I'm using my T150 ferrari wheel in stead of the DS4.

Man what a challenge, I decided to start with the N100 car with the least HP and then work my way up from there. I was expecting the 500F to be slow, and man it is, I even had to think of things to keep me awake, it's almost flat out for the entire track, I think there's 2 or 3 corners where I had to lift or slightly tough the brakes, I even spun out on my first lap :banghead::D
After three laps I decided I was done with the little Fiat, I'm sure there's still some seconds to shave of but that would mean that I have to figure out where to shift down on the uphill sections to keep the highest speed possible, and I am patient man, I'm not that patient.
Anyway my time with the Fiat was 14:48.804, optimal time at 14:46.424 due to a small mistake in my fastest lap, man even the smallest of mistakes makes you loose seconds in a car like that.

Next on the list was the VW bus, it was really strange, after the laps in the little Fiat the lap in the bus actually felt like racing due to the speed difference and the (few) more corners where you cannot just go flat out.
After one lap it was already past midnight and since my alarm wakes me at 6AM I decided to call it a day, maybe I'll do a multiple lap run in the future to set a better time but for now I'm at a 13:37.848, optimal time: 13:36.573, this is because I completed the first sector on the second lap, with slow cars like these you will start your second lap with a much higher speed, on the first lap you won't get it up to a decent speed.

Anyway, I decided to record my personal best times as wel as the optimal times after at least 3 laps (possibly 5 to 10 laps in the faster cars) after all I'm looking for the best car per category and I think the optimal times represent that better then my personal best times because it is so easy to mess something up in a lap on the ring.

Since I'm using a wheel my times do not really belong on the list in this thread, I just liked this so much that I wanted to share my (almost similar) experience with you.

My times so far:

Fiat 500S - 14:48.804 (14:46.424)
VW Samba Bus - 13:37.848 (13:36.573)

It's so nice to have all kinds of data in a spreadsheet. Funny thing: right now, with only two cars tested, the car with the highest weight is the fastest, the power to weight ration is the same for both cars, this shows very clearly that for the low powered cars, power is much more important then weight (if the ratio is the same) going up the list (to higher PtW ratio) this will change to the opposite. I love data analysis (nerd) :boggled:

It is going to be a long journey completing the list, but man it's going to be fun. I'm glad the christmas holiday with two weeks of free time starting this afternoon.
Happy holidays! :cheers:

Last edited:
Back