Street Cars Lap Times (Nordschleife)

• Thread starter Yassi_99
  • 294 comments
Yep if it shows up as his optimum it means the car is capable of this time. Therefore it is legit to register his lap. That doesn't mean that he has the monopole now with the Genesis though ;) You can always try to beat his time @Alex p.
Hahaha, please don't tempt him, because he will beat that time.

Probably tonight his new, faster time will be on the board.

This taught me also something: since I've been driving the NBR almost every single night for the past month I've learned a lot about the track and all of its corners.
I think that I have reached a point now where there's not much gain to be maid just by driving around, but in stead of that, there's more to gain by testing more in depth for a specific car.
It's a shame that you guys did not test the slower cars, I understand why, it's very boring to drive around a track where you can keep your foot down for almost the entire lap and only have to break at one or two corners. But since there are no times I can compare my times to I'm not sure what to do.

I think I'll just start over with the lowest powered car in which you guys were faster than me and see if I can get closer to your times, or hopefully even beat.

By doing daily race B I know I can be smooth (even with a higher powered RR car) around the track, and since I was able to beat your time in a higher powered car I know that with certain cars I should be able to drive it close to its limits.
Well, a lot of testing to do. Next goal: beat some of your N100 cars times.

(and there goes another month of free time - well, it's winter, the weather is like Sh$%@ over here so what else should I spend my free time on :-) )

Yep if it shows up as his optimum it means the car is capable of this time. Therefore it is legit to register his lap. That doesn't mean that he has the monopole now with the Genesis though ;) You can always try to beat his time @Alex p.

Did you ever mention we can do that? I only posted my achieved lap times, not my ideal ones, and those are certainly quite a bit better...

Did you ever mention we can do that? I only posted my achieved lap times, not my ideal ones, and those are certainly quite a bit better...
I'm sorry. I thought you already knew that. My bad! I only post complete archieved lap times too but if you want to do it with the optimum then so be it. I personally never drive 2 laps in a row so I don't even see my optimum tbh.

Pls boys don't start bashing on each other. We should work together to push ourselves to the max :-)

I'm sorry. I thought you already knew that. My bad! I only post complete archieved lap times too but if you want to do it with the optimum then so be it. I personally never drive 2 laps in a row so I don't even see my optimum tbh.

Pls boys don't start bashing on each other. We should work together to push ourselves to the max :-)

Not bashing. Was just surprised and am rather competative when it comes to GT :P
I'll keep posting my achieved times only like you. ;)

Okay, so all this driving around the ring did not exactly make me much faster, but it made me more consistent.I retested with the Honda S660, and managed to get 2.8 seconds off of my personal best, more importantly after adjusting to the car I drove about the same lap times for 3 consecutive laps. My personal best in this car is now 09:54.216 with an optimal lap time of 9:53.946.
Those times are much closer to each other and I’m pleased with the consistency that shows.
Guess my P4 finish isn’t the Porsche last night had nothing to do with luck, without the guy behind me sending me off I could have won that one.
This is really big fun, thanks for starting this thread Yassi_99, this really was a great idea!

[EDIT]
Okay, I finalized my N300 tests with the Shelby G.T.350
I expected it to be a bit faster, because the torque is amazing on that thing, however, it feels a bit to heavy for my liking, but it was fun throwing it around the ring and every once in a while catching a drift and power sliding it through those corners.

Again, I’m probably 10 to 12 seconds short of your times but My fastest lap was a 8:15.828 with the optimal lap time at 8:14.544

Last edited:
Here's my first uploaded video of my here posted hot laps:

Have uploaded two additional more already and am gonna upload all the remaining ones in the next weeks. So feel free to check out my hot laps/channel.

Am going to subscribe for sure :-)

Edit: I watched the video and I really like your driving style. Extremely smooth and fun to watch (probably because of the wheel and your awesome skills).

Last edited:
Am going to subscribe for sure :-)

Edit: I watched the video and I really like your driving style. Extremely smooth and fun to watch (probably because of the wheel and your awesome skills).

Thank you my friend! :)

EDIT:
1. Dodge Viper SRT 10 '06: 07.29.109

How is this car so good?! Incredible handling and stability. Great accelaration and top speed. Great looks. Great sound. But really, man this thing handles like a dream! Might be my favourite car for now.

Last edited:
BMW Z8 (N400) - 7:43,117

It is quite sad that many people in other threads don't seem to appreciate the Z8. Not because of being the modern interpretation of the 507. It is the technology of the E39 M5 and the competitive yet easy driving feel which I really like. Of course the Z8 is no lightweight racer and is more of a gran turismo-style vehicle but nevertheless it delivers an impressive show. Just like the E92 M3, it is not as drifty as I would have expected it to be. I guess I'm just a fan of this baby :-)

So after the previous update I noticed a lot of cars handling different than before. This gave me the idea to go back to the n100 cars and see if the effect translates into faster lap times. Well it does, a number of things are very noticeable. First the grip, there’s definitely more grip which allows for higher cornering speeds. The other big difference is that now the cars don’t bog out and drop a lot of speed when maximum revs are reached, or exceeded downhill.

Now I was expecting faster lap times, however, I did not expect the difference I actually see now. Okay, I,be done hundreds of laps on the NS since I started testing so that counts for something, let’s say a couple of seconds max, especially in cars in which you only need to break for two or three corners.

My results for today: I took the F500, the Sambabus and the Beetle for a spin, the Beetle I literally skinned coming out of one corner, so that cost me at least 10 seconds, in the other two the results are astonishing, around 18 seconds faster than before the update:

Fiat f500: 14:30.854 optimal: 14:28.884

Sambabus: 13:27.098 optimal: 13:26.576

Beetle: 12:37.914 optimal: 12:37.914 this one I will retest later this weeks because there a lot of time to be gained by simply not spinning when distracted :banghead:

New time:

Aston Martin DB11 '16: 07:28.181

What a horrible drive! Floaty and absolutely no feel when losing grip or sliding. I have the suspicion that my thrustmaster wheel is broken. I am so incredibly disappointed right now...
Anyone know how long it takes for Amazon to send a new one?

Volkswagen 12:24.743
That’s another 13 !!!! seconds off due to the fantastic new grip model and physics update.

Now let’s hope I can get 12 seconds off of the times in the faster cars and I might be able to get closer to your times.

EDIT: Did the test with the original Mini Cooper s, also a good 5 seconds faster, however, going into the settings afterwards I saw that traction control was at its default setting of 3 :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Stupid mistake, traction control makes me much slower so I’ll have to do the test again sometime this weekend.
Anyway the new time is 10:18.786 with an optimal of 10:16.380 which makes it faster for me than the Copen, but that one has not been tested after the update yet.:gtpflag:

EDIT: Ok, final run with the Mini Cooper: 10:17.525 optimal of 10:15.315

Off to Suzuka for a couple more races in the Integra

EDIT: NEW TIMES:
Daihastsu Copen Active Top 10:11.249 optimal 10.09.330
Honda Beat 10:13.126 optimal 10:06.727

Now I was runnng 10:13’s with the little Honda and I just had the feeling it could easily be in the area of 10:10, two laps later I was amazed by the optimal of 10.06
Really nice car, love the MR feeling, it really does want to have it’s back end step out when driving aggressively, but if you keep it smooth and keep the cornering speeds high enough, it’s lack of power is camouflaged a bit. It could do with an additional gear, it really feels it’s got enough power to reach 190 kph, maybe even faster.

Next up is the Abarth Biposto, I had a lot of fun driving it last month, looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but editing a post doesn’t trigger the new messages to appear in the thread list.

I just finished testin the Abarth Biposto and I was right remembering what a fun little car that was.
I’m actually even more impressed now since it is lacking top speed and you really need to plan your gear shifts because it takes forever to shift up, but after three laps I think I found its sweet spots resulting in a 10:06.754 with an optimal of 10:04.969, that’s another twelve seconds faster than on my previous run.

Ferrari Dino 246 GT (N200) - 8:10,296

Since the 1.32 update MR cars felt soo much better or atleast easier to drive than before as the random snapoversteer has been decreased. Of course it doesn't mean that the Dino is an easy car to drive at its limit. It is very nice to handle but as soon as you cross the line, the oversteer might try to kill you or atleast your laptime. At higher speeds it gets a bit twitchy but still to a manageable degree. The best trick for MR cars is to never lift off the throttle completely (especially during corner entrance) so you don't have unnecessary drifts. All in all a very fast N200 car.

@Yassi_99 Great time as always. 👍
Yes indeed, very nice time.
I took the Porsche 356 speedster for a spin again, since this is a car that came at the same time the physics were changed I was not expecting anything.
Still, my new record time is 3 seconds faster and the optimal even 9 seconds.

So this one is now at 9:22.647

Guess the practice may have to do more with the faster times than the update.

This car however is still very twitchy around the lower speed corners, it really does not like power of or sudden direction changes. You will have to tiptoe it and be super smooth to get good lap times with it.

[EDIT] New time for the Toyota S-FR 8:59.144

I just knew it could go below the 9 minutes

Last edited:
New time:

Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat '15: 07.30.628
Surprisingly fun and basically just as fast as the Aston Martin DB11, if not faster. I just couldn't get a clean lap in. The car can go 4-7 seconds faster around the Ring.

So my Thrustmaster was actually broken. 2 weeks later I got it back repaired but it just isn't as precise as it has been. Bummer.

Last edited:
Nee time:

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat '15: 07.30.628
Surprisingly fun and basically just as fast as the Aston Martin DB11, if not faster. I just couldn't get a clean lap in. The car can go 4-7 seconds faster around the Ring.

So my Thrustmaster was actually broken. 2 weeks later I got it back repaired but it just isn't as precise as it has been. Bummer.
I'm glad you got your wheel back. It may be placebo but atleast you are able to still drop some bomb times :-)

I think you drove the Charger SRT Hellcat as the Challenger is absent in GT Sport (for now :D)

I'm glad you got your wheel back. It may be placebo but atleast you are able to still drop some bomb times :-)

I think you drove the Charger SRT Hellcat as the Challenger is absent in GT Sport (for now :D)
Thx :)

Oh you are right. Just let me Edit...

Shelby G.T.350 (N300) - 7:59,927

Hands down the best handling muscle car in GT Sport. Finally an American classic which can keep up with the JDM rivals. To be honest, it is not as comfortable to drive as them but you will get one hell of a ride. The engine feels very juicy and has enough power to kick it out of the corner. Suspension is quite soft but atleast it absorbs all the bumps and higher curbs with ease. Topspeed is limited but still much higher than that of other muscle cars.

This is my best attempt with the N300 Impreza:

Subaru WRX Sti '14 (N300)
Stock settings, no tuning
Stock Sport Hard tires
TC 0, ABS default
Manual gears
T500 RS
08:17.051

And Alex P managed to go around the Ring in 8 minutes flat, kudos :bowdown:
I don't know where to get 17(!) more seconds though...

I just uploaded my lap, if you're interested:

EDIT:

Improved time of mine: Ferrari F50 '95: 07.24.928

@Yassi_99 I can't fathom to go much quicker than this, let alone 5! seconds quicker, like you did! Again, incredible time from you!

Last edited:
I just uploaded my lap, if you're interested:

EDIT:

Improved time of mine: Ferrari F50 '95: 07.24.928

@Yassi_99 I can't fatthom to go much quicker than this, let alone 5! seconds quicker, like you did! Again, incredible time form you!

Thanks bro. But I have to say this was probably my most perfect lap out of all the cars. I should give it a try to see if I can lap faster after the update.

Short question (because I have never done this):

How can I include videos in my post? I might post the F50 lap if you want to see it. :D

Thanks bro. But I have to say this was probably my most perfect lap out of all the cars. I should give it a try to see if I can lap faster after the update.

Short question (because I have never done this):

How can I include videos in my post? I might post the F50 lap if you want to see it. :D

I have to say I'm not surprised :P.

You can just copy and paste the youtube link in a post here on the GtPlanet and it will simply show up and play. ;) And yes I would love to see the video!

EDIT:

New time of mine: (already posted by @Yassi_99 , he was faster)
Ferrari F40 '88: 07.19.108

Welp, this is certainly more my car than the F50. You can throw and throttle steer this thing rather easily around corners. It looks gorgeous, sounds great and is faaast. I love it!

MAJOR EDIT:

New time of mine: (already posted by @Yassi_99 , I was faster)
Porsche 911 GT3 RS '16: 07.15.334

Wow! What is this car!? It's incredibly fast and downright UNBELIEVABLY stable! The brakes are also amazing! It's just phenomenal all around...
Also it's quite interesting to see how some cars are obviously better suited to one driver or the other. Yassis F50 time will be untouchable for me for ever, I know that. The F40 and the Porsche though, that's very close between us again. Just interesting to see how much that can vary. I mean I'm basically 10! seconds faster with the GT3, than with the F50. In Yassis case that's less than a 4 second difference...crazy.

@Yassi_99 You edited my time in the spread sheet but didn't write anything? Is there someone a little angry?

sb.jpg

Last edited:
New time of mine: Ford GT '06 (already posted by @Yassi_99, he was faster): 07.22.984

What a great car! Impressive straight line speed, great design, nice sound and awesome handling. Really enjoyed it.

EDIT:

Ferrari Italia '09: (already posted by @Yassi_99, he was faster): 07.19.874

Can slide rather much under braking from high speeds, but apart from that, it was pretty much perfect. Beautiful design, nice sound, incredible speed and nice through the corners!

EDIT2:

Nissan GT-R '17 (already posted by @Yassi_99, I was faster) 07.22.512
Well, well. This thing is quite amazing! Incredible grip and handling, nice sound, sexy looks and quite fast in a straight line. Great car overall.

EDIT 3:

New time:

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 10' : 07.23.195

Pretty oversteery with some pronounced snap-oversteer. Drives still rather well and is quite a bit faster than expected.

@Yassi_99 Could you please update the R35 time? Thx :):embarrassed:

EDIT 4:

New time of mine (already set by @Yassi_99, I was faster) Honda NSX '17: 07.26.834

Initially I was quite disappointed with it but once you get the hang out of it, it becomes a really fun, slidy, drifty and enjoyable drive! So Yeah it's still quite fast and looks awesome.

Last edited:
Back