Votes: 58 53.7%
  • I hate it

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • Whats street racing

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don't care

Votes: 19 17.6%

• Total voters
Lol, youve been through some cars and still going.
Nothing wrong with that.
Go to college, get your 4 years and then when you start making money, you can build that car you really want.
Nothing like having some fun while young. ;)
On the cars, yeah, the car sounds safe.
Speaking of rollbars, I found out they make a full rollcage for mine as well. That will additionally help the solidity of the car in handling and safety.
With high performance cars, you need safety equipment.
I even plan on a racing seat of the drive only as I do weight reduction when I race and only have one seat when I race. ;)
Ive got it all planned out and in about 2 years will have a street stormer for sure, not to mention my restoration of the 1986 z24.
Like you, Ill be a busy beaver.
Later Street.
Misnblu

Well I buy used cars, clean them up, then sell them. I make some good money on some of those cars. Neons seem to do well here when I sell them for some reason. Thats how I pay for my cars and my expensive tastes.

If I do get a truck it will be a Chevy S-10 ZR2. My first vechicle that will sit up off the ground :lol: The supercharger shall add what I need and the pipes will make it sound oh so nice. Plus the funds from the Eclipse will most likely pay for all the stuff I need for the truck. I don't think I'll race it but imagine all that power in that little old truck.

Oh well I'll be busy like you for a while.

Originally posted by streetracer780
Well I buy used cars, clean them up, then sell them. I make some good money on some of those cars. Neons seem to do well here when I sell them for some reason. Thats how I pay for my cars and my expensive tastes.

If I do get a truck it will be a Chevy S-10 ZR2. My first vechicle that will sit up off the ground :lol: The supercharger shall add what I need and the pipes will make it sound oh so nice. Plus the funds from the Eclipse will most likely pay for all the stuff I need for the truck. I don't think I'll race it but imagine all that power in that little old truck.

Oh well I'll be busy like you for a while.

Sounds very entrepenenurial to me. ;)
Ive always wanted to do that but with three cars myself, its hard to find time to do that. Not bad planning Street and smart thinking.
Gotta get some sleep for work tomorrow. :sleep: :sleep: :(
Misnblu

Well either a truck or now I looking at maybe getting a Impreza or an older AWD Celica and maybe try my luck in a amature ralley but thats another story all together :lol:. I don't know I just need something to drive in the snow and not get stuck.

Just got these from a friend of mine while I was in Mobile Alabama racing.
Btw, I stomped this v6 Probe GTS by 2 tenths.
I was the fasted front driver there that night.
Get the truck and show all how fast a truck can be,.
You dont see many trucks that are fast with the exception of the Lightning and a few other factory entries.
Awd is good too but the maintenance is expensive to keep in good running condition.
Most are ragged out when you buy them.
Let us know what you decide on.
Misnblu

Attachments

• jamesvsgts.jpg
    jamesvsgts.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 83
One more.
Still proud of the 9.451 run.
Im going again on Friday to try to break that and have another personal best.
Misnblu

Attachments

• jamesstage.jpg
    jamesstage.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 79
:thumbsup: I always love to see Chevys smoke Fords.

Congrats on your times too

Ya I think I will go for a truck. Its cheaper so I can put more power into it. I can't wait.

Not much, just the usual bolt ons, underdrive pulley, header, catback, custom cold air intake, K&n filter, special copper iridium springs for the ingnition and good launching technique.
Im finally learning to launch the car and get some good 60 foot times.
Future mods include, cams, 59mm throttlebody, new intake manifold for the new tb, high flow cat, 2.5 inch exhaust, drag radials, port and polish, and three angle valve job to complete the all motor mods.
It will take a couple of more years for all the mods and should get me into the 14's all motor.
Thanks Powerman.
Misnblu

Nice Cavy. I don't see to many nice ones around. Mostly the are just wanna be racers or think there car is a Civic. There is this dude at my school who has a silver Cavy but the problem is he took all the CHEVY symbols and replaced them with the H symbol. I was like dude!!! Thats so not a Honda. I'll see if I can't get a picture of the car on Monday.

I cant believe anyone would do that.
He must have wanted a Honda real bad. :haha: :lol:
Oh, just went to the track again last night, won all of my races including an ole turbo Supra (late 70's) and did a best of 9.325 in the 1/8. That Supra was a close one. :eek:
It was nice and cool, dry too. Perfect weather for racing.
Misnblu

Haha, I know what you mean.
I guess its served it usefulness. ;)
Misnblu
BTW, youve got a few threads going so dont worry about this one. :D

Well at least I have something to add this time :lol:

Last night they were racing down the main street an 400 yds from my house. So I walked down there and watched them but it was mostly just two Trans Am looked to be 98 or 99 smoking a Civics and Camary. I was suprised that some one had a hopped up Camary around here. It was fast but the two Trans Ams smoked em. Wasn't very exciting but hey at least it was something to do on a Saturday night. I wish my Mustang had been in my drive way. I would have gone down there and did a little racing with the Ghetto Pony (yes that is what the stang is called). Ah maybe next weekend even though its been snowing off and on. Most of the racers are moving to the back road to do snow racing. Thats always fun to do.

No thats not my S-10. I wish it was though.

Its a buddy of mine's and the saying above the 10 (Laying LO and Driving Slow) is his car clubs motto. The car club is for Lowriders only though and I do believe he owns the lowest truck in the club.

I'm not sure whats he done to it.

I know it rides on bags, which makes it so freakin low.
Under the hood I;m not 100% sure. I know there is some minor stuff like filters,plugs, and oh ya a exhaust that sounds really nice, not sure what it is though.

Well I was driving around last night in the ghetto pony. I was on I-75 about 5 miles outside of Detriot. I was coming back from the Red Wings game with my girlfriend. Anyways I was crusing on 75 going about 80 mph, we had the radio up listening to some Chilli Peppers. I heard the fimilar BWEEN. Then all of a sudden these two Civics and a Kawasaki Crotch Rocket (it was bright green thats how I know it was a Kawasaki) came shooting around me. The one Civic shot right in front of me and slammed the brakes on cause the other Civic jump in front of him. I was like "Holy !@#$". I slammed the brakes on and jumped over 2 lanes. I almost spun out but I popped the clutch and and kicked the ass straight again. I was pissed, I mean royally pissed. So I floored it and went to catch these assholes. I hit about 120 and got behind the one Civic wrote down the plate and then sped up and got the other one. I don't know where the crotch rocket went but I didn't care. So I pulled of at the next exit whipped out the cell and called Detriots finest pigs...I mean cops. They said there was a unit in the area and would look into it. So I jumped back on the freeway and started driving. About 5 miles up I saw the funniest sight. The two Civics pulled over buy two Police Edition Crown Vics. I laughed my ass off.

I know when I used to race all the time we never would pull that ****. That kind of stuff makes you dead. I don't want to be dead.

So ya I just thought this would be a good story to tell you. :D

I saw a show on street racers recently, they thought they could really drive till the host of the show took them to a race track. It was soon apperent could brake or apex corners worth sh#t. Street racers a more dangerous than anything else. If they could really drive you'd think they would on a track driving their cars competively.

I was a fairly good driver, not great but I could hold my own. I usally did road races so I had to be good at turning. I couldn't drag to well cause the car was set up more for the road not the strip. But I did however take my cars to the strip and it never worked to well.

The reason most racers never go to a track is because we like the feeling of uncontroled racing. I know its not safe and is dangerous. This is why I stopped a few months ago but I'll still get racey from time to time to shut up some kid in a Rice Rocket.

Thats what autocrossing and the SCCA is all about.
Its a sanctioning body to get everyday ppl to the track or homemade track and really race their cars.
Autocrossing is the next best thing to track racing and is the first step into the world of actual racing.
If you really want to learn the dynamics of your car, the handling of your car and the tuning of your car, autocrossing is what you need.
Misnblu

Auto Crossing is fun. I mean come on driving through cones as fast as you can. I did it a few times with the Honda and the Mitsu. I was never great at it but hey I tried it. And it wasn't a SCCA one I did it was just me and my buddies in a parking lot.

Hey the other day I went to a ice race. You ever heard of them? Its were two car go out on a lake a drag race. It was funny as hell watching guys trying to floor it off the line.

But ya my car is needed to get to school and with no heat and a its cold out I mean below 0.

Back