Street Tuned S2000 race Round1

RDB
I want to join this but I suck driving an S2000. It just goes all over the place. But in any case add me RDB both psn and GTP and say S2000. Just don't kick me out of the race in case of mishap :)

Practice, practice, practice...

Last edited:
-> ...
RDB
I want to join this but I suck driving an S2000. It just goes all over the place. But in any case add me RDB both psn and GTP and say S2000. Just don't kicked me out of the race in case of mishap:)
^ In the meantime, I love driving my stock digital-S2K. And just like the real car (on which I also currently own), without proper care IT CAN GO ALL OVER THE PLACE! ;)

^ Looking down on the peasants I believe... :sly:

On the subject of driving aids, does a wing/spoiler that adds downforce constitute a driving aid?
It really isn't, its just another part not an electronic miracle box that saves you from your own stupidity.

I've also added a limited power restriction. All cars will participating in the race will have a max of 350HP at around 504PP. This should be plenty of power for the S2000 and it will make the race even more challenging.

If you have bought all the tuning parts for your S2000, the Power Level should be at around 86-87% once your engine is properly "broken" in.

I've also added a limited power restriction. All cars will participating in the race will have a max of 350HP at around 504PP. This should be plenty of power for the S2000 and it will make the race even more challenging.

If you have bought all the tuning parts for your S2000, the Power Level should be at around 86-87% once your engine is properly "broken" in.

Sounds awsome!
What about those 20 laps at Tsukuba?

i think im available that day

Should I add you then?

Jav
Sounds awsome!
What about those 20 laps at Tsukuba?

I'll set Tsukuba to a max of 15 laps, I think that should be enough. Also, I'm debating wether adding 2 more laps to the remaining Japanese tracks and 1 more lap to the Nurburgring, although I'm wondering if the Race Soft tires would hold that long.

That should be fair for a 1 million credit prized car.

Last edited:
Ohh hell yeah!!! 1 extra lap for the green hell!!!
Tires last 5 laps on that track!

yeah if you dont mind. just send me a PM a few HRS before the race to remind me. the PM's get pushed to my email so i know when i get a message rather than having to check.

yeah if you dont mind. just send me a PM a few HRS before the race to remind me. the PM's get pushed to my email so i know when i get a message rather than having to check.

I'll see what I can do. 👍

All laps have been updated, there will now be 5 for all Japanese tracks and 3 for the German Ring.

We all should start practicing, I have a feeling this is going to be a fierce battle. 👍

Interesting.... :) May I ask why slightly street tuned S2000s are running racing soft tires? Not having a dig here, just curious.

Interesting.... :) May I ask why slightly street tuned S2000s are running racing soft tires? Not having a dig here, just curious.

Good question, originally I thought of using Sports Soft tires to make it more challenging, but someone objected, so I changed it RS and make it a bit easier, less frustrating and more enjoyable for the drivers. Even though SS tires aren't bad, and although they would make the rounds much more challenging, using them on a 350HP S2000 is just going to get the car all over the place, so I decide to use RS tires instead. I should probably replaced the "Lightly Tuned" by simply "Street Tuned" S2000s.

Are you going to join? :)

Last edited:
Good question, originally I thought of using Sports Soft tires, so I rather make it more enjoyable for the drivers. Even though Sports Softs tires aren't bad at all, and although they would make the rounds much more challenging, using them on a 350HP S2000 is just going to get the car all over the place, so I went with race Softs instead. I should probably replaced the "Lightly Tuned" by simply "Street Tuned" S2000s.

Are you going to join? :)

I have a 65 lapper on SSR5 planned for this coming Sunday in a GT500 series I'm running with some friends. So I can't make this one... If you do more events in the future I might join, yes :) I'll keep an eye out for your threads 👍

I have a 65 lapper on SSR5 planned for this coming Sunday in a GT500 series I'm running with some friends. So I can't make this one... If you do more events in the future I might join, yes :) I'll keep an eye out for your threads 👍

Phewww.. 65 laps eh?

Soungs good. 👍

Just my two cents, so please don't get upset or take this the wrong way.

Racing soft's makes this really unrealistic. Since these S2000's are suppose to be street tuned, no S2000 has racing slicks on driving around the street. Also, this would make for a great long race series. One race every week, for a few weeks. Would help drivers practice the upcoming course for the week, and get a little tuning time in before then. Just in the past, I have seen races like this fall apart since your trying to get x amount of races in. While some people might leave for whatever reason. In my opinion, it makes more sense breaking this down into a few weeks, and making it like a 15 lap battle per say or whatever you wish.

I don't mean to sound so dictating, just my two cents like I stated at the start. Good Luck! :cheers:

Just my two cents, so please don't get upset or take this the wrong way.

Racing soft's makes this really unrealistic. Since these S2000's are suppose to be street tuned, no S2000 has racing slicks on driving around the street. Also, this would make for a great long race series. One race every week, for a few weeks. Would help drivers practice the upcoming course for the week, and get a little tuning time in before then. Just in the past, I have seen races like this fall apart since your trying to get x amount of races in. While some people might leave for whatever reason. In my opinion, it makes more sense breaking this down into a few weeks, and making it like a 15 lap battle per say or whatever you wish.

I don't mean to sound so dictating, just my two cents like I stated at the start. Good Luck! :cheers:

It's cool, I appreciate the input anyways. You make a great point and I understand what you mean by the use of tires progressively, so that drivers have a learning curve with this car for future events as well as learning how to tune the car better for each particular track. These S2000s won't be riding on the streets; instead they will be on the track, but since they are not per say a RM version of the car, that's why I decided to call the event "Street Tuned". I know also that some people may drop out, but that's a given at any time. Depending on how it goes on Sunday, I'll modify the event accordingly for the future. Hopefully we can make it a consistent event and can hold it every weekend. Thanks again for the input. 👍

I'll give this a try, since I am pretty much done with WRS this week. And just to make sure, this should be 5pm PST for me since it's 8pm EST for you right GT?

GTP_Shigegaki :cheers:

Count me in!!!

PSN ID Forcednduckshn.

Also, I do second the notion that we should use a sport tire, sports medium or something like that, maybe sports soft at the most as it really challenges the driver and lets a well tuned setup come alive on realistic grip levels. Racing softs will make it easier for the less experienced drivers, but hey, should be a blast either way!!!

Look forward to the race.

I'll give this a try, since I am pretty much done with WRS this week. And just to make sure, this should be 5pm PST for me since it's 8pm EST for you right GT?

GTP_Shigegaki :cheers:

Yes, it should be 5pm for you in Cali when we start the race here in Miami. :)

We will try Sport Soft next time for sure. Thanks again for the input.

Both you guys have been added.

Currently doing practice runs @ Fuji Speedway F & Suzuka Circuit. I'll be there for the next 30 mins if anyone wants to join.

ROOM# 1472-6118-3830-2745-9458

Last edited:
I really don't get the whole sport soft-racing soft debate and the unrealistic debate... The point from the ss camp is pretty much pointless! Obviously they've never been on a real track on a compettitive enviroment, talking about real door to door, not a 1 time HPDE guy who knows it all. I'm talking about the enviroment where the 600 pound/ 80hp car is running on slicks. It's competition and no matter the figures you are looking for the competitive edge!
I get the point of RS masking mistakes, but guess what you still pay for the mistakes when driving against competent people.

Back