Stunning Gran Turismo 8K/120FPS Footage Revealed at Industry Event

Well,while GTS can achieve 4k the live events are not broadcasted in 4k,they have to cut some corners for the livestreams.

That is a question mark for me,with the consoles ditching the Jaguar CPU,the jump to next gen is expected to be pretty big and some hurdles this gen had because of the Jaguar system won't exist anymore next gen,i wouldn't be surprised if 8k is achievable next gen,this gen was capable of achieving 4k.But 120 FPS won't happen or it will happen in a really limited tech demo.

Also,the Ray Tracing that everyone is freaking out about won't happen next gen,PS5 won't have the RTX ray tracing cards,it's expected to use AMD cards.
GTS is 2560x1440 checkerboarded to 4K. It's not native 4K (3840×2160). Currently a $1200 RTX2080ti can't handle 8k@60FPS let alone 8k@120FPS... No way the PS5 could even come close... maybe PS6 though.

GTS is 2560x1440 checkerboarded to 4K. It's not native 4K (3840×2160). Currently a $1200 RTX2080ti can't handle 8k@60FPS let alone 8k@120FPS... No way the PS5 could even come close... maybe PS6 though.

Oh i don't believe PS5 will reach 8k120 FPS but the PS5 Pro might be able to hit 8k(locked to 60FPS),you gotta take into account that the consoles able to do 4k only came in the middle of this gen,same could happen for next gen.

I agree, 120fps in FullHD would suffice. Maybe work on real time reflections, they really add the feeling. And also 3d trees. :P

EDIT: Oh, i cannot forget about wide FoV too. Really important to the sense of speed.

Last edited:
Kudos man, we have some WRS folks participating in a side challenge that's very much geared toward exploring that, if you're interested. We typically are 1+sec faster in normal bumper cam vs PSVR.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/virtual-reality-time-trial-open-to-wrs-members-only.382512/

Thanks, maybe some day. I don't really enjoy time trial. I hardly ever qualify anymore. It was in the week Mount Panorama was on. I raced that so much I didn't think I could beat my fastest lap (with drafting) in race. In VR it did take 13 laps, yet I still exceeded it by several 10ths. (of course no tire wear in VR, yet also no one to draft)

The biggest benefit of VR is that it makes it easier to judge your distance to the sides. I can drive closer to the edge in VR with more confidence. If only we could race in VR :)

Really? You must have good sources then, cause guys from PD told me otherwise...
As I said, Ollie, one of the guys who's in charge of wrangling the secret sauce PS4 Pros and also who's job it is/was to select the camera angles/views and who to focus on during broadcasts.

ol.png

As I said, Ollie, one of the guys who's in charge of wrangling the secret sauce PS4 Pros and also who's job it is/was to select the camera angles/views and who to focus on during broadcasts.

View attachment 783781

So he's the guy Jimmy shouts at to change the camera to other cars lol

When you say secret sauce you're talking about a simple dev build of the game right?Usually when people talk about console's secret sauce they talk about the secret power of a console.

So he's the guy Jimmy shouts at to change the camera to other cars lol
Yep.
When you say secret sauce you're talking about a simple dev build of the game right?Usually when people talk about console's secret sauce they talk about the secret power of a console.
No, while they game itself is a custom version (tailored to each event, for onscreen titles etc), the consoles also have custom firmware, which besides having all the debug options enabled, have a lot of the typical production version cruft removed.

(As an aside, I've always understood "secret sauce" to mean something which has an advantage, or is "better", than a competitor or even a similar version of itself; like Braun GP had its "secret sauce", that its competitors didn't, or where game devs "hit the hardware" to gain speed advantages over their competitor devs, etc).

Latest Posts

Back