Stunning Gran Turismo 8K/120FPS Footage Revealed at Industry Event

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 26, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Qyn, AgentBlackDog, ProjectF and 9 others like this.
  2. unit-one

unit-one

upload_2018-11-26_22-26-28.png

Still problems with reflections. :\
    Shows the end of the tunnel on the hood.

xxy98cn, vvise, AgentBlackDog and 5 others like this.
  3. karelpipa

karelpipa

Still no ray tracing tech.
    Its only GTS with 8K/120FPS i would say.

MrYasser likes this.
  4. Auditore

Auditore

That might be another proof this footage is indeed from GTSport and the reflection system GTS use carried over to this 8k footage with the mistakes and everything.Which is madness because this amazing footage is still based on a PS4 game,what the hell could PD be able to achieve making a game with 8k 120 FPS as the base target?

:drool::drool::drool:

5. rex1825

rex1825

...I have a feeling this is either on PS5 hardware or they made it as tech demo for PC

AgentBlackDog, Latvija27 and ferhound like this.
  6. queleuleu

queleuleu

"Only" :lol: IMO, it's a pre-rendered scene on monsters PCs and far beyond PS5. And what is the difference between a ray tracing scene and without it?

KingK76 likes this.
  7. Auditore

Auditore

It's definetly a PC,i doubt PS5 will be able to achieve 120FPS,only in recent years 60FPS started becoming the norm,and 4k60fps is still hard to achieve.

8. Castrol96

Castrol96

Could be running on a PS5 dev-kit but I doubt PS5 will do 8K.

9. queleuleu

queleuleu

Imagine the FIA championship races broadcasted with this quality: high frequency/resolution reflections, cool camera views... :drool:
    In the background, a real hood view:

10. Auditore

Auditore

Well,while GTS can achieve 4k the live events are not broadcasted in 4k,they have to cut some corners for the livestreams.

That is a question mark for me,with the consoles ditching the Jaguar CPU,the jump to next gen is expected to be pretty big and some hurdles this gen had because of the Jaguar system won't exist anymore next gen,i wouldn't be surprised if 8k is achievable next gen,this gen was capable of achieving 4k.But 120 FPS won't happen or it will happen in a really limited tech demo.

Also,the Ray Tracing that everyone is freaking out about won't happen next gen,PS5 won't have the RTX ray tracing cards,it's expected to use AMD cards.

11. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

Wow, another amazing spot, @queleuleu, thanks! I've updated the blog post. :tup:

ProjectF and silverman_GT like this.
  12. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

if that is that gt7 i am in love :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

13. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

This looks stunning.

GT Sport likes this.
  14. Lawndart

Lawndart

Reminds me of when I was at Sony HQ back in 2011 and saw a modified version of GT5 running at 4K. The memory of it is still more impressive than anything I’ve seen since.

15. Castrol96

Castrol96

Mark Cernie said that "8TFLOPS are needed to run PS4 in Native 3840 x 2160 - 4K60FPS.

I wonder how much is in system powering this "monster".

What if PS5 hits 8K with checker-boarding?

16. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

Well, same thing in Madrid. It didn’t occured to anyone that the live spectacing feed on the big screen looked absolutely crystal clear and beautiful, while running at (at least) 60fps?

I wonder if it was running on a high-end PC or a next gen PlayStation.

17. rex1825

rex1825

So 8k is basically 4x 4k and on top on that it is 2x for fps. Which comes in total 8x more GFX power, or silly 64TFLOPS :D

18. Huks

Huks Premium

Wish we could have this sort of off-center hood camera in actual gameplay. Don't know how useful it would be for racing but it sure looks cool. Reminds me of NFS ProStreet's hood cam in fact.

JoueurGT likes this.
  19. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

Yes but he wrote 8k with checker-boarding. And at 60fps that would be only 2x more peformance from 4k.

20. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

Then it will be overpriced and overlooked (by gamers). Most people don't have a 4K TV yet, let alone 8K. It would make the console too expensive to buy, given the spec it would need to run 8K at 60fps minimum.

MidFieldMaven likes this.
  21. Freeman_Cruz

Freeman_Cruz

ProjectF likes this.
  22. ROFFATI

ROFFATI

They can push the graphics as much as they want. I am so disappointed with the Series. They lost me with GT6. Maybe i have just grown out of GT, since it is not evolving. The main aim should be immersion and not over the top graphics. With VR they had the chance and they blew it with that silly VR-Tour crap. To many fake tracks and cars and wats that BS with the Gruop 1, 2 and so on? With the official FIA Licence no GT3, GT4 or LMP? „The Real Driving Simulator“ has bin turned into „The Real Photo Simulator“. So much potential and resources wasted on useless crap in the game and that with 5 to 6 years of development. Sony should fire Kaz an put someone in charge who actually loves motorsport and not just himself.

23. JD_18

JD_18

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

24. rex1825

rex1825

Depends on pre-upscale resolution, but yeah. And there is again that additional 2x for 60 to 120fps :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  25. Toyota GT1

Toyota GT1

Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation chief.

26. Castrol96

Castrol96

I'm speaking of a dev-kit not the actual PS5.

Dev-kits are normally overpowered to standard consoles, some have twice the power. Remember the 4X PS3's used to power GT5 in native 4K, they might have made something similar.

Realistically the PS5 might have around 10-15TF

No 8k res.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-at-4x-hd-resolution-240-frames-per-second/

I just noticed PD made a 4K demo with GT5 Prologue.

[​IMG]

8K not 8X :D

ProjectF, SDSPOWER01 and Inferno251 like this.
  27. The Chosen One

The Chosen One

And who do you suggest should replace Kaz?

28. samdu

samdu

Without is actually possible in real time, with isn't. :)

29. Auditore

Auditore

The whole 4k fever only hit consoles in 2016,if next gen follow the same schedule it will be some time till we get 8k.

30. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

It's just a tech demo at the moment. It's going to be a while until consumers are able to embrace this tech. If at all.