Stupid Looking Cars!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jerry Stone
  • 61 comments
  • 5,974 views
Lol.. I hate the way the Mazda rx500 looks. It looks like a wanna be 2J.

In what way? The 2J doesn't have a large covered rear like the RX-500. The only possible resemblance between the two I can see are the front ends.
 
Anything in chrome paint is stupid to me. I even hate chrome line cars for those stripes.
 
Gemasolar_4_zpscc7da117.jpg
 
Plymouth
XNR Ghia Roadster '60

i1Z92awOUTUmshH.jpg


I love classics but this is hideous. Only prize car I sold and much preferred the c.300,000!!!
 
Last edited:
Plymouth
XNR Ghia Roadster '60

car_1117_1_52c313fd60661.jpg


I love classics but this is hideous. Only prize car I sold and much preferred the c.300,000!!!

Picture isn't working.
 
It's an overpriced, overweight, beached whale with 4WD and can hit 253+ MPH. Whoo.
You do realise the handling isn't anywhere near as bad IRL, right? The stupid PD people deliberately gave it terribad handling (I once tried modding a Nissan GTR to have the same specs as a veyron, and it doesn't handle anywhere near as bad). Besides, it actually got a pretty good lap time on Top Gear for what its worth.
 
You do realise the handling isn't anywhere near as bad IRL, right? The stupid PD people deliberately gave it terribad handling (I once tried modding a Nissan GTR to have the same specs as a veyron, and it doesn't handle anywhere near as bad). Besides, it actually got a pretty good lap time on Top Gear for what its worth.

But it can get crushed by cars that cost less than it does.
 
You do realise the handling isn't anywhere near as bad IRL, right? The stupid PD people deliberately gave it terribad handling (I once tried modding a Nissan GTR to have the same specs as a veyron, and it doesn't handle anywhere near as bad). Besides, it actually got a pretty good lap time on Top Gear for what its worth.

I drove the Veyron on GT6 the other day an it is nowhere near as bad handling wise as people are making it out to be. I get the feeling that people are not taking the cars speed into account when approaching and taking a corner.
For example, a GTR may be doing 120 mph at the end of a straight before braking, whereas a Veyron may be doing 160+ mph at the end of the same straight. Therefore, more time is required to brake for the corner which means you have to brake earlier.

I get the feeling people are not taking this factor into account, also not bearing in mind the car weighs nearly two tons and are experiencing understeer because of the excessive speed at which people are trying to take the corner.
People are then just saying that the car has bad handling and wont touch it again.
 
The Veyrons weight makes it 'driveable' at 250mph+

Ah......no I have not driven one.
 
Auto Union V16 Streamliner. In black. Looks ridiculous.
 
yes, very ugly with writing all over them. you can barely tell the ford from the toyota from the chevy
IMO F1 is just as bad,if not worse. even more so with the new nose penis. I Believe it was Saber Mercedes who run that god awful chrome liveries.

but I'm not going to get in to a F1 vs NASCAR fight.
 
Not stupid in any way. Just a tribute to classic racing liveries.

The car itself isn't stupid, it just looks stupid which is what this thread is about.

Can you truly say that this car doesn't look like it has a stupid expression? Like a stupid smiling Frog or the like?

To me and others, it has a stupid expression on its face. It reminds me of this.....

StupidSmile.png
 
IMHO it seems "stupid" that we can't put a number on the Shelby Daytona Coupe...... the circle without a number is just not right.....
 
The car itself isn't stupid, it just looks stupid which is what this thread is about.

Can you truly say that this car doesn't look like it has a stupid expression? Like a stupid smiling Frog or the like?

To me and others, it has a stupid expression on its face. It reminds me of this.....

StupidSmile.png
used-1961-cooper~climax-t61-monaco-6001-3806709-5-640.jpg


I think they look brilliant...
 
I think they look brilliant...

Brilliant? Yes.

Stupid Frog face? Also yes.

In fact, the car you posted looks like a Fish more than a Frog.

Here's another brilliant car with a stupid face...
2650459619_0173d504b6_o.jpg


And his one is actually called 'Frog Eyed'.
 
You do realise the handling isn't anywhere near as bad IRL, right? The stupid PD people deliberately gave it terribad handling (I once tried modding a Nissan GTR to have the same specs as a veyron, and it doesn't handle anywhere near as bad). Besides, it actually got a pretty good lap time on Top Gear for what its worth.

Tom-Hanks-orly.gif
Bert_Ernie_bed.gif


For one, seriously? Why would PD deliberately give any of GT6's cars bad specs?
Secondly, the GTR is way out of Veyron's league in terms of handling to begin with.

On topic... I think AMG VGT Racing Series doesn't look that appealing. Its wing just doesn't fit it.
 
I love sprites, they look really surprised for no reason :lol:
 
I'm not defending it or anything, but why do people think the NASCARs look bad? The fact that they look the same doesn't automatically make them look bad. Besides, they should look the same if all cars are to be as closely matched as possible (which they are).

Also, the new 'anteater' F1 cars look crap. Usually its the most aerodynamic bodyshapes that are the most aesthetically pleasing...

For one, seriously? Why would PD deliberately give any of GT6's cars bad specs?
Secondly, the GTR is way out of Veyron's league in terms of handling to begin with.

I just chose the Nissan GTR because it was the closest matching car I could think of. If you can think of any other car that would make a fairer comparison, then please let me know. I want to see how bad the Veyron's handling actually is compared to other stuff.
 
I just chose the Nissan GTR because it was the closest matching car I could think of.

Come to think of it... There aren't many 4WD cars that could be compared to the Veyron in GT6...

How about Aventador? Far lighter, yes, but you can add 200 kg to its weight if I recall correctly... And its max power when tuned is around 1000 BHP too, isn't it?
 
we need a "cars with faces" thread lol
Reminds me how my beloved XJ13 looks somewhat fishlike from the front
 
I agree that the new F-1 cars look weird. Not that they are ugly, just weird. Maybe they will grow on me....

Nascar, since the late 80's or 90's, have been basically the same chassis across the board, so calling one different from the other is like calling Ramen in one printed package different from another Ramen in a package (or mac&cheese... you get the idea, I hope). They have some differences, but not always noticeable (besides paint schemes) from outside.

However, for driving, both F-1 and Nascar are amazing and I respect greatly anyone who can drive either or both. There was a chance for the McLaren driver and a Nascar driver to drive each others cars on Watkins Glenn, and they both did well and loved each others cars. So, comparing cars or driving isn't that big of a deal. Just a different attitude in the drivers seat.

Ugly? Well, I have to agree about the Ghia Roadster. It's interesting, but it just doesn't float my boat. But for current cars, I loathe the Veyron. It's just a showpiece, and I don't like the way it looks. There is nothing real or realistic about it. It's interesting to drive in GT, but,.... come on, who is going to EVER get a chance to drive it in real life to its ability (on a regular basis)? And then, to do so, they need a tanker pumping fuel into them every 10 minutes....

I'd like to see someone put the Veyron into ANY 24 hour race and see if it can compete (in real life), even if they have to alter some rules (aero) to let it in, and I will consider giving it a TOUCH of respect.
 
Back