Sub 5 minute club at the 'ring' - are you in?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rustye
  • 127 comments
  • 19,957 views
I just did a 4:55 lap time (NTSC version, arcade mode, minolta, +20%/-10%, RSS tires, 420 top speed) w/ room for 2-3 sec improvement.
 
Update

I brought my time down to consistent 4:52-4:53's

Gonna work on changing driving style to gain a few tenths

My settings:
-NTSC copy, no cheats
-arcade mode, toyota minolta
-+20/-10%, RSS tires
-440 km/h
 
Cars made to break a record SHOULD look wicked and crazy. It's something I really like, engineers seem to do everything for a bit faster time. They did absolutely everything to make this car as fast as possible.

Thats why the Donkervoort has an X factor:dopey::O
A car built for a proper purpous, not to look all fancy stuff like I mentioned in another thread about the newer porsches versus older porsches. M3/M5 thread I thought it was.
 
I would like to join the sub-5 minutes, but I am unable to find a way to do it - Im guessing its because I have no access to a DFP and thus am stuck with using the good old Dual Shock. Current best is GT Mode: C60 Pescarolo with R5's and a Stage 4, some traction control but no ASM: 5min 20.2xx. I could tidy the lap up (but that never happens!) and get about 5min18 - but that still leaves a long way to go. Is there something I'm missing - e.g. more power in arcade, for example??
 
Off topic

Just for the record the Real nurburgring lap time record for a road legal car is no longer the Donkerwhatsit and hasnt been the record holder for a few months now. As far as im aware the Radical SR8 did an astonishing lap of 6min's and 55sec's beating the Donkerwhatyoucallit's time of 7min's 18sec's.

23 seconds :eek:.....Thats incredible!

On Topic

My Ring record is 5min's 13sec's with a standard sauber c9. I havnt attempted to beat it for a while though so i might need a little practice to get back into the swing of things.
 
Just managed to get a 6.12, with plenty of room for improvement.
 
5.10.555 - Nissan RC89 (Arcade/full tweaks)

Working to get myself the Sauber Mercedes, ive seen people lap faster times with that. I cant seem to squeeze anything more out of the RC89, and my thumbs are red raw!
 
Back