Sub 5 minute club at the 'ring' - are you in?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rustye
  • 127 comments
  • 19,959 views
Guyver 1
Oh, I forgot to add a few things on my settings:

Power: 4th stage turbo = 1223hp

Weight : 850kg

ASM: off(I hate understeer)

These settings should make me or you run a 4:56 in GT Mode, but I haven't had the chance to run another hot lap yet. I hope this helps.

To DrTroy and Guyver.

I have tried it in GT Mode with the 4th Stage Turbo added. the only other changes are RSS Tires and turning off all the driving aids. The difference between Arcade Mode and GT Mode would be the HP (Arcade: 1087, GT: 1223). I have been able to do a 4'52.xxx in GT mode on only my second lap without any other modifications to the car.

I can understand that Arcade Mode is a little quicker, but in reality with these high-powered cars there is no real difference as in Arcade mode there is less downforce which make the car more difficult to drive. I actually had less feedback or vibration problems in GT mode than I had in Arcade mode.
 
My fastest so far is 5:38.920 with the Audi R8. Also, 5:41 with the toyota minolta and 5:46.223 wit the Nissan R92C
 
NOWIN4U, those are respectable times 👍 . Nurburgring is quite a difficult track to master. Pegasusrfj, did you require the use of N2O for those runs? Nevertheless, that's an awesome time that you've managed to obtain. I believe that I have some catching up to do :)
 
Rustye
I tried posting this in the wrong place aparantly....so I'm trying agian. I'm new too this so please excuse the posting in the wrong section - it was originally in Write Ups.

My question is, how many are in the sub 5 minute 'club' at Nurburgring? Personally, I think it is harder to achieve than mission 34.

I used the critera of the regular races, no four wheels off, no hitting walls, all else goes....any car, any mods, anything you want to try.

So far I have tried three different cars - based on power to weight ratio - and the only one I can get to go 'sub 5' minutes is the Minolta Toyota.....

Are you in this club, if so, what did you use.....


Short answer = no. I am not a member of the sub-5-second club. Partially because I don't drive anything fast enough, but mostly because I can't hold my concentration long enough to lap that fast. :crazy:
 
Guyver 1
NOWIN4U, those are respectable times 👍 . Nurburgring is quite a difficult track to master. Pegasusrfj, did you require the use of N2O for those runs? Nevertheless, that's an awesome time that you've managed to obtain. I believe that I have some catching up to do :)

No Nitrous with that time.
 
I really think arcade mode is much quicker. There are several high speed corners that require a touch of brakes in GT mode, but can easily be taken flat out in arcade mode. I think this is why you can get much quicker lap times in arcade mode.

I wish I had the Toyota Minolta (don't have it yet), but I just tried the Sauber Mercedes and got a 4:52:899 with the same arcade settings mentioned by another poster. I guess I'll have to try a fully modified Sauber in GT mode (don't have enough money right now) and compare, but my feeling is that arcade mode is quicker.
 
supergoop
...As to changing the F1 tires, I haven't tried it, but I think it may be possible in Arcade mode. Also, you can increase the HP, reduce the weight, and increase the top speed in Arcade. This is big advantage for F1 cars, since you can't normally modify it...

I'm new to this board, but since I've had GT4, I've been busting my butt to "be in the club". Here is my "GT Mode Practice Lap" 5:06.776, F1 on R3s:

http://home.comcast.net/~masterpiu01/PICT1547.JPG

...and you guys are telling me that it's possible to do sub-5 in Arcade Mode w/weight reduction, HP increase, and tire change? :banghead:

Ehh, at least I can sleep now and be happy w/my so-so time.
 
first lap 5:30.543 in a c9, s5tires, lowest wight and full bhp. (arcadde mode very first lap in arcade also lol) knocked 20seconds off my stock c9 in gt mode
 
MR_GT
I really think arcade mode is much quicker. There are several high speed corners that require a touch of brakes in GT mode, but can easily be taken flat out in arcade mode. I think this is why you can get much quicker lap times in arcade mode.

I wish I had the Toyota Minolta (don't have it yet), but I just tried the Sauber Mercedes and got a 4:52:899 with the same arcade settings mentioned by another poster. I guess I'll have to try a fully modified Sauber in GT mode (don't have enough money right now) and compare, but my feeling is that arcade mode is quicker.

the Sauber C9 is a faster car than the Minolta overall.

I have since been able to do a 4'49.568 in GT mode with the Minolta.
 
Pegasusrjf
the Sauber C9 is a faster car than the Minolta overall.

I have since been able to do a 4'49.568 in GT mode with the Minolta.

Is that modded or stock? Which tires? Top speed achieved?

My F1 time was GT mode w/racing medium, and could only muster 219mph on the "front straight", before the first hairpin taking you under the bridge/banner. Can only get 216mph on the "back straight".

I'm pretty sure if I were able to go only from Medium to "Soft" tires, I'd cut the 7 seconds over a 5 min lap.
 
the Sauber C9 is a faster car than the Minolta overall.

I have since been able to do a 4'49.568 in GT mode with the Minolta.

Then shouldn't we all be trying for the fastest time with the C9? I haven't had the opportunity to try the Minolta (not available yet), but what's the big deal about it if the C9 (or other cars) are faster?
 
:dopey:
MR_GT
Then shouldn't we all be trying for the fastest time with the C9? I haven't had the opportunity to try the Minolta (not available yet), but what's the big deal about it if the C9 (or other cars) are faster?

I would agree with you but I don't have the C9 either. I just know from other people that it is in fact faster due to settings and it was the best car that year in actual racing. Whether it is really quicker or not is an answer I can't give myself until I actually have it.
 
colnago
I'm new to this board, but since I've had GT4, I've been busting my butt to "be in the club". Here is my "GT Mode Practice Lap" 5:06.776, F1 on R3s:

http://home.comcast.net/~masterpiu01/PICT1547.JPG

...and you guys are telling me that it's possible to do sub-5 in Arcade Mode w/weight reduction, HP increase, and tire change? :banghead:

Ehh, at least I can sleep now and be happy w/my so-so time.

No it is not impossible to get a sub 5 min. time without modifying the car at all. Unfortunately the only car in default config that can get sub-5 is the F1 as I have gotten it down to 4'55 with default settings, and 4'49 by adjusting top speed just a little but leaving HP and Weight alone.
 
colnago
Is that modded or stock? Which tires? Top speed achieved?

My F1 time was GT mode w/racing medium, and could only muster 219mph on the "front straight", before the first hairpin taking you under the bridge/banner. Can only get 216mph on the "back straight".

I'm pretty sure if I were able to go only from Medium to "Soft" tires, I'd cut the 7 seconds over a 5 min lap.


that time is modded with a Stage 4 Turbo, Super Soft Tires and no driving aids.
 
I managed a 6'39.979 on the fully modded Audi TT touring Car.....R1 rear R2 front tyres...the car is about 700 BHp

Did it when i was A specing the 24hr

well...no where close to the sub 5 min club and i think that is a **** time as well....my b spec driver can pull off a 6'41 on medium pace
 
I may have to try manual transmission in the near future then. It seems that automatic is too limiting in this game.
 
Pegasusrjf
No it is not impossible to get a sub 5 min. time without modifying the car at all. Unfortunately the only car in default config that can get sub-5 is the F1 as I have gotten it down to 4'55 with default settings, and 4'49 by adjusting top speed just a little but leaving HP and Weight alone.


So you did 4:55 on "Medium" tires in "Arcade Mode"?
 
colnago
So you did 4:55 on "Medium" tires in "Arcade Mode"?

That is correct. The biggest problem I have with the F1 is that with the DFP you have to steer very little when at speed for turns and then being able to finely control the throttle and brakes. Throttle control is crucial as in 1st through 4th gears you can't just floor it coming out of corners. Of course if the driving aids are turned on then the throttle issue isn't as important but I drive without them.
 
Pegasusrjf
That is correct. The biggest problem I have with the F1 is that with the DFP you have to steer very little when at speed for turns and then being able to finely control the throttle and brakes. Throttle control is crucial as in 1st through 4th gears you can't just floor it coming out of corners. Of course if the driving aids are turned on then the throttle issue isn't as important but I drive without them.

👍

Yeah, I noticed it last night. I tried "Arcade Mode" for the first time and the car was breaking away from me on the second turn. Had to "lift" a lot more.
 
I cant seem to break 6 1/2 minutes...then again I suck at suspension settings....oh well I will keep plugging away at it.... :yuck:
 
Had a 5m27 today with my stock Sauber Mercedes with default settings. Only differences were the ASM Oversteer, which I had at 2 and the ASM Understeer was on 10. And I had SuperSoft Racing Tyres. But 5m20 is possible, was on track for that time till I flew off the track into the gravel.:p

Think that I can go under 5m00 with BHP upgrades.:)
 
Having found this thread and reading it, i decided to take up the challenge. Its much more difficult than i first thought, respect to you guys who have managed it :)

Best so far : I can Force my F1 round in 5' 30'

The ''slow'' top speeds and my lack of Nurberg Experience dont help, although the F1 should pickup bags of time on the high speed corners?

Plenty of room for improvement though especially in the last 1/3 of the track :)
 
I thought i was pretty happy with doing a 5-32.356 in the F1 only adjustment was height. I did notice top end could be extened a fair bit and would kill to get into the sub 5min timeslot. I did the in the World cuircut part Free Run were it costs $5 or what ever it is to practice there. Cant wait for the fastest lap board to be up and running.

Cheers :)

Sskmercer
 
sskmercer
I thought i was pretty happy with doing a 5-32.356 in the F1 only adjustment was height. I did notice top end could be extened a fair bit and would kill to get into the sub 5min timeslot. I did the in the World cuircut part Free Run were it costs $5 or what ever it is to practice there. Cant wait for the fastest lap board to be up and running.

Cheers :)

Sskmercer

The fastest lap board IS up and running, check it out..👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=153
 
I just wanted to point out that the real-car lap records include the Grand Prix track, I believe, not just the North Loop, adding 2 or 3 Km to the length. Where we make that hard right onto the start-finish, the real races go straight onto the GP track, and when it gets back to that point, they make a hard left onto what GT4 uses for the start/finish. So take nearly 3 Km off Bellof's lap and figure where you might be. . . . .
 
remember when you compare lap times of real drivers versus in game, in real life they usually run the whole circuit. meaning the inside course too. not just the nurb. north. so when an enzo is claimed an 8 min lap, and you complete an 8 min lap in a evo, its not all the same section of track

ha, i just read the above post. i hate that.
 
i thi k that it is nearly imposible to get under 5 mineuts on the Nürnburgring
 
... and what's your times if you are on the tarmac all the time? (I mean without cutting the corners.) 💡 ;)
 
lmracer
remember when you compare lap times of real drivers versus in game, in real life they usually run the whole circuit. meaning the inside course too. not just the nurb. north. so when an enzo is claimed an 8 min lap, and you complete an 8 min lap in a evo, its not all the same section of track

ha, i just read the above post. i hate that.

Interesting read regarding Hans Stuck driven BMW X5 arount the ring (8:05):

Taken from here: http://www.bmwcca.org/Roundel/2000/1100oth.htm

...but every fiber of my being is concentrating on staying upright in the right-hand X5 seat as Hans Joachim Stuck does everything in his power to separate me from breakfast as we blast around the fourteen-mile course they call the Nordschleife. In the rain...
...When they presented this monster in Geneva--it's officially called the X5 Le Mans, a creative constipation having laid low the copywriters--it had four contoured racing seats and fat straps in every direction, but here at the Ring the standard X5 seat and belts are good enough for journalists, I'm sure. Stuck gets the Comfy Chair, of course, the one with bolsters around his thighs and bolsters around his hips and bolsters around his ribs and bolsters around his shoulders, all of them absolutely necessary because he is flat FLINGING this puppy through the bends -- he's been here before -- and my man Stuckie isn't even working up a sweat, he doesn't even bother with a helmet, while the G-forces are slinging my noggin around in the BMW System IV -- no, you can't have these helmets in your country, what would Ralph Nader say! And we WILL look through your luggage! -- something like swinging a used cat by the tail, and I get the idea that Herr Stuck knows his way around this here particular race track.

"Is this," I ask -- actually it comes out more like "Eee-yuh-yuh-yuh-zz thi-yuh-ISSS" "your favorite track?" ("yrr FAY-AY-AY-vrr. TRA-yuh-yuh-YAA-yuh-YACK?")

"Yes," he says, "in touring cars -- too bumpy for real race cars." To which I can testify, because the X5 Le Mans is um stiff and we are feeling every seam in the ancient asphalt, every frost heave, every dead squirrel, now mashed back in the seat as Stuck gleefully opens a dozen fat butterflies, now stretching the seat belt as he hauls this boat down for another corner, turns in, accelerates, corrects the push, slides over a few extra yards of damp asphalt, and lights it up down the next short straight. So we blast through the fog and go rocketing through the Karussell and eventually emerge onto the long back straight, the V12 singing in a wonderful shriek past 120, 130, 150, 170 miles an hour -- no, I don't know how accurate the speedometer might be, I just admire the fact that they got so many numbers into it -- and suddenly without any warning it hits me: This all makes a terrible kind of sense! Of course you'd stuff a 600-horse-power Le Mans engine into the X5! You'd do it because you can!...

(Even though the X5 Le Mans still hasn't broken through the magical eight-minute mark on the Nordschleife, poking around in 8:05.)
 
Ok, one more member to the club. I had a 4'48.108 some time ago but i didn´t post it here, so now i will post my new time. :)

4'44.650

Toyota Minolta - Arcade mode
no TCS nor ASM, R5 tires, fully tuned, DFP driving MT

Altough i can turn in 4'43 yet, im happy with my time. 👍
 
Back