Subaru B9 Tribeca

  • Thread starter Thread starter Duke
  • 72 comments
  • 2,186 views
For the record, I lived in Tribeca.

or was it Porsche owns Audi

:odd: We don't get a lot of low-output, small-line manufacturers owning worldwide luxury marques.
 
I would rather cover my testicles in fishbait and dangle them into a pool of hungry pirahna than look at that subaru.

Is this REALLY the new face of subaru?!:scared:
 
subaru-b9-tribeca-rear.jpg


Oh... my... god. :scared:
 
I never thought they could create something even worse than this:

Subaru03.jpg


Given that they've backed down on the Impreza round headlights, I just hope this grille will have the same treatment. :scared: And at least to my knowledge Aztecs were not overpriced.
 
PunkRock

ALL WILL BE... ASSIMILATED!

Actually, the Subaru XT was pretty cool. It's certainly no worse looking than, say, a Mk I MR2.
 
My magic ball predicts that if the next generation Impreza looks anything like this, then sales will certainly drop.
 
I utterly fail to understand where modern styling is going. The generation of cars built between about 1998-2003 were among the best looking, best styled cars ever made (with a few exceptions, of course).

Now it seems that manufacturers will do anything for shock value and don't actually care what the cars look like at all, as long as they are unmistakable at first glance.
 
jpmontoya
I never thought they could create something even worse than this:

They still haven't.

I think the rear of the B9 Tribeca actually looks okay. I could make one suggestion to Subaru though - maybe a V8 between 5.2 and 5.4 liters putting out somewhere between 280 and 310 horsepower.
 
M5Power
I think the rear of the B9 Tribeca actually looks okay.


You cannot, and let me emphasize on cannot, be serious.
 
Duke
ALL WILL BE... ASSIMILATED!

Actually, the Subaru XT was pretty cool. It's certainly no worse looking than, say, a Mk I MR2.

What's wrong with an MR2?? :grumpy: and that XT was o... k... my cousin had one and the interior was interesting although the back sucked ass, especially shoved in with a big ass cat post. :grumpy:

PunkRock
You cannot, and let me emphasize on cannot, be serious.

Well ok... if Aztek is the level we are at then I can understand because I actually had the same thoughts, then I slapped my self, and snapped out of it. On his defense it really does look better versus the front don't you think?
blink68gy.gif
 
No, I think it's even worse than the front. Why did they make the plate emplacement a big rectangle, lost in a see of curves? What's with those indicators, near the bumper?

It's complete junk.
 
well... I gotta admit design wise at least they are trying something different from the same crap. Although they didn't succeed there could be potential.
 
PunkRock
No, I think it's even worse than the front.

Ok ok... Yes your right... I saw the front again. :scared::bowdown: But ok, you have to admit that IS better than the Aztek right??
 
Saying it's better looking than an Aztek would be like saying a kick up the ass is less painful than a kick in the balls. It just can't happen.

8754.jpg

Even the interior looks like crap...
 
PunkRock
kick up the ass is less painful than a kick in the balls.

Nice. :lol:👍

PunkRock
Even the interior looks like crap...

Hay... I was gonna post that. :grumpy: I thought it looked better than say a Nissan Murano interior. :scared:
 
I'm beginning to like this thing - I really like the interior. Finally a navigation system - a Subaru first! I just wish it had a certain engine, though I'm not quite sure which one...
 
M5Power
I'm beginning to like this thing - I really like the interior. Finally a navigation system - a Subaru first! I just wish it had a certain engine, though I'm not quite sure which one...

Yeah, that's a good question Could it be a V8 between 5.2 and 5.4 liters putting out somewhere between 280 and 310 horsepower?
 
Takumi Fujiwara
Yeah, that's a good question Could it be a V8 between 5.2 and 5.4 liters putting out somewhere between 280 and 310 horsepower?

What the hell? Why wouldn't you just say '300hp 5.3L V8'? Weirdo.

:p
 
Actually, I like the interior – I was in a Tribeca at the L.A. Auto Show, and it's easily the best interior Subaru has ever made. You don't see so much "swoop" when actually sitting in it. But really, the material quality is top-notch.

Though I still hate the exterior. ;) Doug, you should buy one just so you can stuff your beloved engine in it.
 
Everything's way too curvy and spaceship-like for me... It looks like they pulled the dash out of an old Toyota Previa, and sticked some more random stuff to it. You can probably fit an extra large pizza on the flat part at the bottom of the windshield.
 
M5Power
I'm beginning to like this thing - I really like the interior.
If you're not careful, I'm going to start asking you for advice, and then doing the precise opposite.
 
PunkRock
Everything's way too curvy and spaceship-like for me... It looks like they pulled the dash out of an old Toyota Previa, and sticked some more random stuff to it. You can probably fit an extra large pizza on the flat part at the bottom of the windshield.

I thought the Previa's Interior dash kicked ass! Same for the... Mark 8 and 94? Poolude.

previa-inside.jpg


mk_8_5.jpg


COTM22_interior4.jpg
 
Saw one tonight in black. Frankly black's far and away the best color on this car - it actually managed to look pretty boring. It was at the Subaru dealer so I knew it was a Subaru but initially I thought it was an Outback - I actually had to do a doubletake to realise it was the B9 Tribeca.

Sage
Though I still hate the exterior. ;) Doug, you should buy one just so you can stuff your beloved engine in it.

I wanted to do that with a Grand Caravan and our S6, but you guys wouldn't let me.
 
Bah. This is our next Forrester.

Bah.
 
ultrabeat
Bah. This is our next Forrester.

Bah.

I'm fairly sure Subaru intends on a new Forester in the next few years.
 
It certainly does. Actually, I think a brand new Forester is planned for model year '07 (the new nose job on the current Forester is just to tide it over till then).
 
It's already been released that that will be our next Forester.

Joy.
 
Duke
What in the name of holy hell were they thinking?! Discuss.

2005120323363323_01.jpg

They obviously can't have been thinking to make a familly car, small children will cry
 
Don't forget the grazed knees from falling whilst running away.:D
 
Back