Subaru BRZ Coming

• Thread starter tpark103
  • 126 comments
The only way next generation Premium models can be more detailed is by adding functional detail as engine bay, doors and hoods that can open, chassis detail, detachable panels when damaging the car, etc. However existing models will be perfectly usable, in no way looking "old-gen".

In case processing power in the next-gen Playstation allows, all they need to do to increase detail in order to make them even nicer looking (if you notice, in certain cases GT5 models can look "low poly" at a close distance) is bump up subdivision surface one step, then optimize the resulting 3D mesh and generate/tweak the added levels of detail needed for the game to smoothly work. With previous PS2 3D models they couldn't do that because they were made in a different way as I mentioned. And also, increase texture resolution (for interiors/dashboard...).

PS4 GPU is going to have DX11.

These models needs to be accurate as they are now. The only thing that can make them look better is just by adding polygons to the current models.

Then in-game by adding tessellation (which makes disappear those low poly curves) and more post processing effects.

Colour palette and lighting does the rest and you can have a realistic looking games.

Of course then comes textures that should be high quality for the tracks and environment to make it all looks more realistic and compound. 3D trees should do the work on the tracks too.
And more animated objects as those wheel protection walls around the tracks. Tracks in GT5 looks realistic but "death" at the same time.

Cars will be the same for GT6.

Compare GT5 cars to these videos from rendering:

By the way...Ray Tracing is the future of gaming.
Check this out everyone: http://raytracey.blogspot.co.nz/

As you can see there this is rendering but Ray Tracing can be used for real-time games as in the latest video. (i have that and a game similar to Portal 2 just to prove that this can be done with more GPU power than current generation...that´s why this could be and will be the future...almost true to life graphics) :drool:

And there you can compare GT5 cars with the 2 videos above...we don´t need better models at all if they are accurate. But they could have better textures inside for the interior. (take a look at pCARS textures and details for example)

As a last thing i wanted to show something that i find too. Ray tracing using 3 PS3´s back in 2007.

Real time ray tracing might be the future, but certainly not in the next generation consoles and most probably not in the next 2.
The videos you've taken as an example either had very high end hardware (the first one), were not in real time (second one) or in the case of the 3xPS3 real time rendering, had a single relatively simple model on an empty scene. The guy of the site you linked also uses 2xGeforce GTX580 video cards, and although results are impressing, they are not usable for real production games.

Processing power and 3D complexity must still increase significantly before real time ray tracing becomes feasible or even actually technically desirable over traditional rasterization.

Real time ray tracing might be the future, but certainly not in the next generation consoles and most probably not in the next 2.
The videos you've taken as an example either had very high end hardware (the first one), were not in real time (second one) or in the case of the 3xPS3 real time rendering, had a single relatively simple model on an empty scene. The guy of the site you linked also uses 2xGeforce GTX580 video cards, and although results are impressing, they are not usable for real production games.

Processing power and 3D complexity must still increase significantly before real time ray tracing becomes feasible or even actually technically desirable over traditional rasterization.

And that´s what i said "for the future". Not even mention next-gen consoles or anything.

But hardware is evolving exponentially year after year, so in a matter of a not so long period of time but still not short (because software needs to evolve too) we are going to see this.

My GTX560ti OC can handle a little demo with a Portal alike game and it runs smooth but it doesn´t look so good because of the Ray Tracing grains at the image and also looks too dark. But seeing it working gives me an idea of what can be possible again..."in the future..." And stops there.

I put the examples just to take a look at the CARS rendered there with that almost realistic look versus GT5 models.
GT5 car models are incredibly well done. Still needs more details in some areas like wheels, suspension and under the cars (all black...or a low resolution texture) but also those are not too much noticeable.

The rest of the information was just to show people what is happening meanwhile. Not just 4k resolution TV´s and stuff like that.

GT5 cars look almost as those rendered. That was the point of my comment.

👍

PS4 GPU is going to have DX11.

These models needs to be accurate as they are now. The only thing that can make them look better is just by adding polygons to the current models.

Then in-game by adding tessellation (which makes disappear those low poly curves) and more post processing effects.

Colour palette and lighting does the rest and you can have a realistic looking games.

Of course then comes textures that should be high quality for the tracks and environment to make it all looks more realistic and compound. 3D trees should do the work on the tracks too.
And more animated objects as those wheel protection walls around the tracks. Tracks in GT5 looks realistic but "death" at the same time.

Cars will be the same for GT6.

Compare GT5 cars to these videos from rendering:

By the way...Ray Tracing is the future of gaming.
Check this out everyone: http://raytracey.blogspot.co.nz/

As you can see there this is rendering but Ray Tracing can be used for real-time games as in the latest video. (i have that and a game similar to Portal 2 just to prove that this can be done with more GPU power than current generation...that´s why this could be and will be the future...almost true to life graphics) :drool:

And there you can compare GT5 cars with the 2 videos above...we don´t need better models at all if they are accurate. But they could have better textures inside for the interior. (take a look at pCARS textures and details for example)

As a last thing i wanted to show something that i find too. Ray tracing using 3 PS3´s back in 2007.

Raytracing has been available on videogames and demos for a number of years already, but it isn't the "future" because it is way too gpu demanding.

I'd rather see the "console compromise" (prioritizing since in consoles there are finite resources) going into a finished GT5 product instead of experimenting with raytracing and others.

As for the future of consoles, I think I just described how it is going to be for the next gen: Having a good enough platform to run the existing projects current consoles can't, and at the same time being able to handle the tendency of making consoles more comprehensive (closer to a PC really). For example running games at "true" 1080p (very few) and steady 60fps (even less), with good voice support, improved kinect, etc., instead of games being focused on running on 3 screens (massive resolution) or VR (with its practical problems) with the very latest technology and so on (hint: epic games demo isn't and dx11 is 5 years old).
Lets say I don't expect a snes-> n64 in the next 10 years, though I don't discard something "revolutionary" -more like gimmicky and not a true addition- but that's not too demanding. A good example is the supposed xbox720 leak in which it projects an image to your living room, and the WiiU device (will grow tired of that quite quick).

All that is pretty clear after watching WiiU videos, which essentially fulfills Wii's potential and nothing more, and the latest xbox360 software additions. Who knows what Sony is going to do though, as they have to recover their reputation and they've been lost for quite a while (PD similarities everywhere).

Last edited:
Kaz & PD fail once again, first the 8-6, then the FR-S, now the BRZ, that's 3 strikes you're out!! pure laziness at it's finest.

Kaz & PD fail once again, first the 8-6, then the FR-S, now the BRZ, that's 3 strikes you're out!! pure laziness at it's finest.

I was going to ignore you, but now you're just going to far, so I'll say this.

"Don't like it? Don't drive it. Don't look at it, don't even bother talk about it, if you have no intrest in it. Cus it doesn't like you, if you dislike it for a lousy reason..."

If you're looking for supercars, there some in the game. So at the meantime, don't expect you're getting new cars for GT5, which in fact they're being saved for GT6. Such as Porsche if possible.

So stop your hate, just ignore the damn thing. While the rest of us will enjoy it. :sly: Not a fanboy, just saying.

I was going to ignore you, but now you're just going to far, so I'll say this.

"Don't like it? Don't drive it. Don't look at it, don't even bother talk about it, if you have no intrest in it. Cus it doesn't like you, if you dislike it for a lousy reason..."

If you're looking for supercars, there some in the game. So at the meantime, don't expect you're getting new cars for GT5, which in fact they're being saved for GT6. Such as Porsche if possible.

So stop your hate, just ignore the damn thing. While the rest of us will enjoy it. :sly: Not a fanboy, just saying.

I agree

blind fanboyism will result in another GT5, and i think we can agree NO ONE wants that :ouch:

We already know we don't want GT6 to end up like GT5, but why must the BRZ be such a proof of that, I may ask? Complaining won't help this matter, because the BRZ was already been worked on months ago.

We don't know whether its for GT5 or GT6. So leave it at that.

blind fanboyism will result in another GT5, and i think we can agree NO ONE wants that :ouch:
To an extent, possibly. But, as you and others may know, I have been very critical of GT5 on GTPlanet, but even I don't think that just because one likes a duplicate car automatically means that they are a blind fanboy. I for one am taking the BRZ as a test to see whether PD has tried to address the issue where duplicate cars all handled the same, even though most of them shouldn't.

if the BRZ/8-6/FR-S had red tail lights i would take it more seriously, altezza style lights didn't look good 10 years ago and they still don't.

if the BRZ/8-6/FR-S had red tail lights i would take it more seriously, altezza style lights didn't look good 10 years ago and they still don't.
No seriously. Just what are you trying to say?

Losing an argument, so trying to turn our attention to something even more ludicrous?

Seriously, not wasting anymore time with you. You're nothing but a hater. 👎

Like I said before, don't bother with it. That's all you need to know.

I hope we get this for GT5 because it would be nice to have a subaru that is not a impreza or a legacy

also @TURNIP what if PD had 3 versions of the Bugatti Veyron which looked the same would you still be complaining

I hope we get this for GT5 because it would be nice to have a subaru that is not a impreza or a legacy

also @TURNIP what if PD had 3 versions of the Bugatti Veyron which looked the same would you still be complaining

We do, check the news page people :)

Well more than CONFIRMED now.

PD was really fast...the Honda HSV 010 and the Nissan from the 2012 Nürburgring 24hs race is a great addition too. ;)

8004349111_3e1f251e1b_o.jpg

8004349069_2a6ab61852_o.jpg

Did we get the previous two version for free? If yeah, I'm just going to imagine that my 99 cents will be for all three model.

^I'm kind of miffed at the idea that BR-Z is not free but the other two were.

I now wonder if all those hardcore BRZ supporters would consider paying for it justifiable. If it's going to handle differently like they say, then sure, but if it's the same?

Seriously, all those that said this car is technically different, suspension settings and whatnot, better be right.

Or, if this will have some special surprise body kit modification, that could work too.

I think PD has to make sure the different driving characteristics of this car are present to make fee the justifiable.

If not, then we'll hear some ragers on here post 25th of September that's for sure.

brzlw.jpg

They don't look the same, or is it that they create it from the 86? Cos I really hope it'll look like the one in your picture, fifomaniak :)

except for the missing side mirror, lol
Actually, the BRZ STI was the concept car that then evolved into the "Toyobaru."

Back