Subaru Impreza STi Fan Club

  • Thread starter Thread starter rollazn
  • 148 comments
  • 78,143 views
I heard from a friend that someone he knew, an owner of a new STi (canadian version), topped out at 321 on the dyno. Then again, it is a friend of a friend...there may be some truth to it though.
 
rollazn, haha, its not bad. Some of it makes me think that some idiot turned a WRX into pile of crap though.

360rider, It might of been with a stock turbo. I just read on NASIOC somewhere that a guy had about those same numbers with a few upgrades, but the original turbo.
 
So beautiful!!
 

Attachments

  • top08.jpg
    top08.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 125
I've seen that one on a Subaru board, a STi to commemorate Tommy Makinen (Damn foreigners and their hard to spell names).

Ever hear of the C-Spec STi? I think only a thousand were made and I believe is the JDM Spec STi engine, but in a nice, lightweight ~2900lb body. Take that Evo RS.
 
Yeah, i know of the Spec C. There was an 03 model Spec C but im not sure of its weight... but the new one is just like you said 2900 around that. Ours STi is just as the same as our Evo here which is 3263lbs.

The Spec C STi has a different wing... its the wing in the picture below. Their base STi (non Spec C) has the same wing as our USDM model.

One more thing Goomba, What do you think is the fastest STi stock? I mean we all know that the Japanese STi including the Spec C is rated at 276 but really push out more than 300hp just like ours but do you think ours is faster because its a 2.5L? The other still has the 2.0L engine and we recieve the 2.5L should that make a difference. If not then im sure the fastest would be the current STi Spec C (JDM) because its so light weight. Is there any GC8 that is faster than the current STi Spec C do you think? Circuit wise that is.

I think the only competition for the current STi Spec C is the older STi 22B (it creates a mind blowing 350hp at dyno) now thats amazing and it also has a short geared 5 speed manual that favor racing... so what do you think?


Here is the Spec C (current) wing.
 

Attachments

  • rs2.jpg
    rs2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 110
I have no clue around the circuit. I never feel like putting in enough effort to research track times.
 
My cousin just took pictures of his new STi.... Shes a beauty aint she ;)

OSOSJLA.jpg
OSOSJLAA.jpg
OSOSJLDFSA.jpg
OSOSJLK.jpg
OSOSJLS.jpg


STi!!!!
 
Originally posted by I6-4-eva
can i get a ride in it?

DAMN SON!! Wait in line!! Im his cousin and i have yet to see it in person or ride in it... Sheeze! :mad:
 
By the way.. i was kidding! Sure you can just after me! :D No line braking either... that look its a dog think wont work!
 
Originally posted by NISMOskyline
Wait until the aftermarket starts embracing the STi, then it'll own.

It already own!! :lol: Oh and there is already alot of aftermarket parts for the STi, But i know what you mean.

"then it'll own."

Get on your mountain bike and im sure my cousin will own you!! :lol: JP!! I dont even have a mountain bike... me own a tricycle... Hell Yeah.. Im pimp!
 
Look at that face..
 

Attachments

  • 22b.jpg
    22b.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 111
Originally posted by NISMOskyline
Wait until the aftermarket starts embracing the STi, then it'll own.

You can already upgrade the whole exhaust system, I think. I haven't seen a whole lot for ECU, but thats one way the WRXs have reach decent power. It's not too uncommon to see 300whp-400whp for heavily modified WRXs.

Ferrari vs. WRX STi
 
hehe those ferrari owners arnt to happy about it

here are some quotes
Don't feel bad HMS, at the end of the day you are in a 360 and he is not. On the other hand, I leave STI's alone since most that I have seen are already heavily modded.
I hate Subaru's!!! Looked like a new WRX. That little **** is fast. He was on my tail going up Cold Water Canyon, so I stepped on it and tried to pull away but couldn't shake this guy!! I know there is no comparison between the two cars but it still bugs me that a 30K 4 cylinder car can do this to a 360.
You should just ignore him and make him look stupid. Winning or loosing to a Suburu with a 360 is just pointless, you are way out of his league
Well you know, Ferrari arent all about going fast. I mean you could of told him all about Ferraris racing heritage. Im sure he wouldnt of felt as good for beating you after that!
Boy, that thing might be fast, but it ain't pretty!!
 
Originally posted by rollazn
My cousin just took pictures of his new STi.... Shes a beauty aint she ;)

OSOSJLA.jpg
OSOSJLAA.jpg
OSOSJLDFSA.jpg
OSOSJLK.jpg
OSOSJLS.jpg


STi!!!!


:drool:

That new sti front end has grown on me.
 
Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
hehe those ferrari owners arnt to happy about it

here are some quotes

I love how they keep whining about Ferrari's racing heritage. You can't mention WRC without even thinking of STi (not ignoring the other amazing WRC cars out there, but they're not the point of this). That's where the STi's heritage is, not racing Ferrari's, but it seems to be doing well there too.

My favorite was about a guy that raced a WRX from a roll in his Boxter and sold the Porsche the next day. In my opinion, not a smart thing to do. A Boxter would kill the WRX in the corners.
 
Originally posted by Goomba

Ferrari vs. WRX STi

:lol: 👍 I needed a laugh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hate Subaru's!!! Looked like a new WRX. That little **** is fast. He was on my tail going up Cold Water Canyon, so I stepped on it and tried to pull away but couldn't shake this guy!! I know there is no comparison between the two cars but it still bugs me that a 30K 4 cylinder car can do this to a 360.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You should just ignore him and make him look stupid. Winning or loosing to a Suburu with a 360 is just pointless, you are way out of his league
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well you know, Ferrari arent all about going fast. I mean you could of told him all about Ferraris racing heritage. Im sure he wouldnt of felt as good for beating you after that!

3 best!! :lol: 👍
 
Originally posted by Goomba
You can already upgrade the whole exhaust system, I think. I haven't seen a whole lot for ECU, but thats one way the WRXs have reach decent power. It's not too uncommon to see 300whp-400whp for heavily modified WRXs.

Ferrari vs. WRX STi

An upgraded exhaust isn't exactly an embrace, that's more like a pat on the back. I wanna see turbo upgrades and suspension pieces, like what Mopar has done with the SRT-4. :D
 
Originally posted by NISMOskyline
An upgraded exhaust isn't exactly an embrace, that's more like a pat on the back. I wanna see turbo upgrades and suspension pieces, like what Mopar has done with the
SRT-4. :D

An full exhaust upgrade on the Impreza STi will get the job done no doubt about it ;). Im not sure if STi has any turbo upgrades, i havent heard of any but its likely that it would be in the future. STi needs to bring over more cars like the STi Legacy.. those things are hot!!

Actually to tell you the truth, i think the WRX STi already have great power and suspention work. It handle nicely, the normal 4WD understeer but if you punch the gas at the corner it will go the way you want it. WRX STi has a better corner speed than the evolution, even though it handles better than the WRX STi.

Lancer Evolutions are faster in braking and corner enternce but the STi are better at corner speed... how you might ask.. Because of its well balance chassic and suspention. Its hard to judge the faster of the two. The evo was built on a different concept where to built a good 4WD supported by computers. The impreza on the other hand was design on a totally different concept. The Impreza has achieve the same as the Evo by improving and futher improving the raw essistance of the car itself by not turning to the computers.

The reason the Impreza is so fast is the secret of the symmetric layout. The engine is placed infront of the front wheels where it make the balance good on both sides. Another one is that the transmission is behind the engine and behind the front wheels as well. It prevent all the weight to be on top of the front wheels, helping to balance out the entire car. The impreza weight is organize leaving much weight in the back and front as well. As a 4 door sedan its a great balance.
 
Originally posted by NISMOskyline
An upgraded exhaust isn't exactly an embrace, that's more like a pat on the back. I wanna see turbo upgrades and suspension pieces, like what Mopar has done with the SRT-4. :D

I haven't really seen upgrades for turbos so far in STis. I believe a lot of the heavily modded WRXs are using the STi turbos though.
 
Could you guys count the Forester 2.5XT or Forester STi? If yes, can I jump in with you guys?

Forester 2.5XT:
norm_11_XT_Japan.jpg

BTW this color is not available in the US. :cool:


Forester STi:
photo_01.jpg

BTW this wagon is not available in the US. :drool:

I'm a fan with turbo w/ AWD wagons. 👍
 
Yes, its fine. :lol: Yeah, Why cant the US get the Forester STi or the Legacy STi.

I have heard rumors that STi is going to bring over the Legacy STi, but i dont know if its true or not. After all it is a rumor.
 
13_3.jpg

14_3.jpg

9_3.jpg

6_3.jpg

7_3.jpg

They tune even SUV such as the forester.
i_mainimg.jpg


all of those are tuned by STi beside the first two.. i dont think STi had any involation with those.

:)
 
The Legacy look like a cross between a Maxima and Audi A4 and Saab. It seems like such an old design or car. They haven't updated it much. Nice pics though.
 
:lol: thats a mix... Maxima, A4 and Saab. :)
 
Back