Subaru Impreza Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 219 comments

Oh yea, sorry about that, I had to go poop and completely forgot about finishing my post....went straight back to the Playseat. :lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, first things first, improved now to 1'15.575 for 38th place atm. (Time still being left out there)

Ok, now to the secret. :sly: Its not really a secret at all, but just something I picked up on way back in GT5 while running some of the bumpier tracks. For the part of the track I mentioned above, what I do is this. Coming up to that point, I'm in 3rd gear, I get the car to rotate to just the right angle by quickly dabbing the brakes. (about 1/4 on the brake meter) Once I got the car pointed, I get back on the gas full throttle (this is the important and advantageous part) clipping the left hand curb getting the car to launch airborn. While the car is airborn, I shift up to 4th. Once the car lands back on the track in 4th gear, it takes off like a rocket out of there continuously building up a great deal of speed. The reason this works so well is because of the RPM spike while you are in the air and when you land, you are right at the perfect point in the power band for that gear. I have picked up as much as .600 in just that section alone, and have consistently made up time there while trailing my ghost. Like I said, this is a trick I've been doing going way back to my early days in GT5 on tracks that lent me the opportunity to do so. I say I started doing it on bumy tracks because the first place I started doing it was on Trial Mountain. There is a spot just before the second tunnel there that if you hit it just right, the wheels will come off the ground for a split second. I have applied this same technique there and have always gained time in that spot. Anyways, its not really a big secret as I'm sure I'm not the only one that's done this, but just thought I'd share and maybe it will help a few people out.

I'm still using @yannagas tune but I have modified the gearing somewhat to help with the uphill part of the track. The changes I made are as follows:

1st - 4.632
2nd - 3.240
3rd - 2.664
4th - 2.133
5th - 1.712
6th - 1.339
FG - 2.900

That's all I changed, the procedure of setting them up is still the same as he has it outlined in the tune. I did change the rear LSD to 5/60/5 and the front and rear dampers (compression) both to 1. Other than those changes, everything else is the same.

Other tips. I drive with a Turtle Beach headset. Why did I just bring that up you may ask? Well, here's why. I believe using a headset is very advantageous, especially at this track. It lets you hear every little sound the car is making that you might not normally hear, or notice, through your TV or other speakers. I feel that this is especially helpful when listening to what the tires are telling you. For instance, going up that first big hill at the very beginning of the lap. I can hear exactly when the tires regain traction after cresting that hill, therefor enabling me to get back on the gas sooner that I normally would. I never really heard that little nuance till I put my headset on. Upon hearing it and then knowing exactly when to get back on the gas, I was able to pick up time there as well, and also run through there more consistently. Its a small detail that some may dismiss or not really think about, but when you really listen to what the car is telling you and respond accordingly, there is a good bit of time to be had. So, if at all possible, play with a decent set of headphones or a headset, it can really pay off, not to mention your neighbors will love you. :lol:

Anyways, that's about it for me tonight/this morning. Its 3:30am, gotta get some sleep. Peace everyone.

EDIT: Just seen @et_ post. No, I don't cheat like that. :mad: Kinda pisses me off that you would think that I would stoop to that level. :mad: Thanks for not thinking anymore of me than that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Very interesting tips Mitch. I might just give the headphone tip a go to see if i can hear any differences but i won't be doing it frequently as having them on too long can blow your ear drums i heard haha. Thanks for sharing bud 👍

Time to go in this:

Matterhorn Rotenboden_3.jpg

After much off-roading and rolling I got gold with the Coupe 22B STi '98 - tuned by Praiano, and later on lowered time with GTP_CargoRatt's tune.
Then I tried lisanorm's WRX STI spec C '09 and got 1'18.3, and it seemed like I reached my limit there.
I went back to the 22B again and managed to get the same lap time 1'18.3, with a blend of several tunes posted in this thread.
But last night I decided to try yannagas' WRX STi '07 - and pretty quick shaved over a second off my best lap, to 1'17.2, putting me at 385th place and for the first time inside top 1000 on a TT! :cheers:

So thank you to the guys mentioned above, and to everyone else that shared their tunes for this event!
Hi there, I think there is still a bit of time for you to try something. Use your 22b and cargo's set up with power and such, gearing and ride height and suspension. leave the dampers and anti roll as is. I suggest the torque distribution of 50-50. Make the ballast balance all the way to the right and add ballast weight until you reach 52-48. Have the front toe out (negative) 10-15 depending on your control of steering and rear toe as is. Adjust the power until it just clicks 501pp then tap it back to 500pp. You'll find you should be able to squeak a bit more off your lap. I'm in 22nd and 1:15.327 and use the same set up as #2 nebneb1978. Of course he has a few little things different for his handling characteristics.
Let me know if you try it and how you go. Nick

Last edited:
I'm about 400th ATM, still time to suck out of my K-Sport 22B.

Oh yea, sorry about that, I had to go poop and completely forgot about finishing my post....
Dude, you just confirmed the myth; "Pooping your brains out"! :lol:

But here at gtplanet we dont' discriminate against those with disabilities, so hang in there, m8!
Nothing's wrong with you, you're just "different"... :crazy:

Anyway, I'll connecting my Beats by Dr.Dre as we speak to pick up on the wheel spin over the crest...
Info like this is GOLD when you you're fighting those friggin milliseconds! Thanks a lot!

Dude, you just confirmed the myth; "Pooping your brains out"! :lol:

But here at gtplanet we dont' discriminate against those with disabilities, so hang in there, m8!
Nothing's wrong with you, you're just "different"... :crazy:

Anyway, I'll connecting my Beats by Dr.Dre as we speak to pick up on the wheel spin over the crest...
Info like this is GOLD when you you're fighting those friggin milliseconds! Thanks a lot!

Ha ha, thanks for that......I guess. :lol: And glad I could have been of assistance. 👍 Now if you'll excuse me, I have to poop again. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Stay fast my friend. :cheers:

Hi there, I think there is still a bit of time for you to try something. Use your 22b and cargo's set up with power and such, gearing and ride height and suspension. leave the dampers and anti roll as is. I suggest the torque distribution of 50-50. Make the ballast balance all the way to the right and add ballast weight until you reach 52-48. Have the front toe out (negative) 10-15 depending on your control of steering and rear toe as is. Adjust the power until it just clicks 501pp then tap it back to 500pp. You'll find you should be able to squeak a bit more off your lap. I'm in 22nd and 1:15.327 and use the same set up as #2 nebneb1978. Of course he has a few little things different for his handling characteristics.
Let me know if you try it and how you go. Nick

I have printed out your post, and will give it a go! This could be the medicine I've been looking for to make the 22B that little extra! Thank you NKF, I really appreciate it!
I let you know how this affects my lap times...

Determined to beat my time, but to no avail ao far, moving to wheel now after a short break, my ds3 skills limited as i use x and square for accel/break... guessing/hoping i have a huge advantage switching to the wheel.. ,
@GTP_CargoRatt ive been trying the shift up to fourth over the curb but just cant catch it right, i dont seem to have the revs in third and the car understeers before i can get tp the inside, any slower and id be in second,,, i guess the line is pretty wide to get that curb?
Would love to see your replay... go on, get in the top ten :cheers:👍...
going to do the final hour and improve my rank if...... :banghead::banghead::banghead: only i could it would feel great

Yea, its just not happening tonight, just can't get into the flow so I'm throwing in the towel. Final time is 1'15.549 for 40th place atm. Pretty crappy performance for having roughly 2,780 miles in this event but that's all there is in the tank. I've developed yet more blisters between my thumb and first finger on both hands that's been bleeding all over my wheel, so its time to clean the wheel, bandage my hands up, and get ready for the next set of challenges.

A special thanks to my friend @yannagas for renewing my interest in this event with his awesome tune. You picked me up when I was down and out my friend and I appreciate that more than words can express. :bowdown: I couldn't have done it without you my friend, not at all. You are truly an amazing friend and awesome competitor. :cheers:

To all my other fellow competitors, a job well done by all. Some amazing lap times and major improvements by all. It has been another great 2 weeks, lets see what the next set of challenges have in store for us. Until then, stay fast my friends. :cheers:

Odd, they changed the thumbnail car to a 22B... Also the new Peugot seasonal has a standard as a thumbnail. :confused:

EDIT: Also, it appears SRF is forced on for the Peugot event and forced off for the RX-7 event (based on the event comments; I didn't enter them to check.) Baffling...

Last edited:
what the?? when did they change the thumbnail for this? and why? because fastest lap was with 22b? wierd indeed.
and we now have 3 standard cars as thumbnails, never seen that before either...

Just seen @et_ post. No, I don't cheat like that. :mad: Kinda pisses me off that you would think that I would stoop to that level. :mad: Thanks for not thinking anymore of me than that. :rolleyes:
haha, sorry m8, but if you had all four wheels in the air, then you did in fact put al four wheels on the grass aswell;) but everybody did it anyway:)

et_
what the?? when did they change the thumbnail for this? and why? because fastest lap was with 22b? wierd indeed.
and we now have 3 standard cars as thumbnails, never seen that before either...

haha, sorry m8, but if you had all four wheels in the air, then you did in fact put al four wheels on the grass aswell;) but everybody did it anyway:)

No, that's NOT the case...go and read the WRS rules, which is what I go by. Nevermind, here, I'll do it for you:

In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.

Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.

On my lap, this is exactly the case. The outside wheels, while air born, would have made contact with the track (rumble strips, which are part of the track) had they not been air born. Therefore, what I did was perfectly legal, not dirty at all. I do not cheat in anyway by cutting corners or otherwise cutting the track. I very much pride myself on being a clean driver and it pisses me off to no end when people accuse me of cheating. You know, I really thought you were a nice guy and I thought it would be a joy competing with you which is why I added you to my friends list, but if you're going to sit there on your elitist perch and look down your nose at me and accuse me of cheating, then I guess I was wrong. I really don't get some of you top drivers and your condescending attitudes towards us lesser skilled drivers, its really a big turn off.

@et_ Elias, I can confirm Mitch's claim. His best time line just nails that chicane like part very nicely and is 100% legit. He takes an incredibly wide entry and aims straight for the uphill apex, clearing both curbs. His line was clearly on the tarmac. My guess is he hit the inner left curb with his left wheels and cleared the right one completely. I remember because I tried to do that (follow his line) but failed repeatedly. Although faster than Mitch in the double right before the chicane, I just couldn't get that exit speed as he did. I had to brake slightly before entry and i kept doing it a little late. I had different lines in that section, and different gearing. Maybe if I gave it more time, and tweaked my gears I would get it right. Anyway managed a decent 1:15.724 at p57.
I used Mitch's Compression Dampers at 2, 1 was too loose for no AS, and an even lower final gear of 2700.
( Gears for anybody interested 4.632,3.240,2.624,2.172,1.774,1.408).

@Sidebrowns yes they changed the thumbnail... They had that Nurb special package, showing there before, and it was the first impreza I bought for this TT, just to find out that the gearbox was locked:tdown:.

@GTP_CargoRatt thanks friend for your uber kind words, It was fun racing with you, I'll give you a hard time in the future!:cheers:

Also found out they fixed the Copy Settings function:tup:

Thanks to all friends who tried their best, really had a good time with this one, and thanks again for your kind words!
See you in the next TT's!:gtpflag:

EDIT: OOOH!!! Chil Mitch!

@et_ Elias, I can confirm Mitch's claim. His best time line just nails that chicane like part very nicely and is 100% legit. He takes an incredibly wide entry and aims straight for the uphill apex, clearing both curbs. His line was clearly on the tarmac. My guess is he hit the inner left curb with his left wheels and cleared the right one completely. I remember because I tried to do that (follow his line) but failed repeatedly. Although faster than Mitch in the double right before the chicane, I just couldn't get that exit speed as he did. I had to brake slightly before entry and i kept doing it a little late. I had different lines in that section, and different gearing. Maybe if I gave it more time, and tweaked my gears I would get it right. Anyway managed a decent 1:15.724 at p57.
I used Mitch's Compression Dampers at 2, 1 was too loose for no AS, and an even lower final gear of 2700.
( Gears for anybody interested 4.632,3.240,2.624,2.172,1.774,1.408).

@Sidebrowns yes they changed the thumbnail... They had that Nurb special package, showing there before, and it was the first impreza I bought for this TT, just to find out that the gearbox was locked:tdown:.

@GTP_CargoRatt thanks friend for your uber kind words, It was fun racing with you, I'll give you a hard time in the future!:cheers:

Also found out they fixed the Copy Settings function:tup:

Thanks to all friends who tried their best, really had a good time with this one, and thanks again for your kind words!
See you in the next TT's!:gtpflag:

EDIT: OOOH!!! Chil Mitch!

Thanks Yan for backing me up on this issue. Its nice to know I have friends like you that have my back in situations like this. I wish that I was able to record my replay because I would gladly put it on display here for all to see to prove that in no way did I cheat by cutting corners. I put in over 2,000 miles in this TT and worked my ass off (ran till my hands were bleeding from blisters) to try and perfect my lines and make sure all corners were clean while having a fast lap and that's why this really pisses me off. I do not cheat. What I can do though for anyone that wants to doubt me, I will gladly post my zip replay here for anyone to download so they can see for themselves that in no way did I cut any corners. If anyone wants it, say the word and I'll gladly post the zip file.

No, that's NOT the case...go and read the WRS rules, which is what I go by. Nevermind, here, I'll do it for you:

In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.

On my lap, this is exactly the case. The outside wheels, while air born, would have made contact with the track (rumble strips, which are part of the track) had they not been air born. Therefore, what I did was perfectly legal, not dirty at all. I do not cheat in anyway by cutting corners or otherwise cutting the track. I very much pride myself on being a clean driver and it pisses me off to no end when people accuse me of cheating. You know, I really thought you were a nice guy and I thought it would be a joy competing with you which is why I added you to my friends list, but if you're going to sit there on your elitist perch and look down your nose at me and accuse me of cheating, then I guess I was wrong. I really don't get some of you top drivers and your condescending attitudes towards us lesser skilled drivers, its really a big turn off.
Hey man relax, I did'nt ment to offend you, in my world anything that is'nt red is ok, so just relax, I never said you cheated!
If that was cheating then EVERYONE was cheating in the Ferrari FXX challenge

edit: and I'm flattered you consider me a "top driver":)

Last edited:
et_
Hey man relax, I did'nt ment to offend you, in my world anything that is'nt red is ok, so just relax, I never said you cheated!

edit: and I'm flattered you consider me a "top driver":)

No, you didn't say it directly, but you damn sure insinuated it. And yea, you did offend me for the simple fact that I take great pride and work very hard in being the cleanest driver that I can be. And for someone to come along and insinuate that I cheated to get the time I did, well yes, it really strikes a nerve.

And yes, I do consider you a top driver and even look up to you, and others with your great skill set, for advice and such. That's another reason why it pissed me off because I didn't think you were like that, to just go and throw the cheating word around so freely with such a condescending tone. At any rate, if that wasn't your intention, than that's fine, we're all good. Look forward to further compete and learn from you. Stay fast. :cheers:

Didn't spend much time with this one, but i'm quite happy with a 1.16.285 for three small sessions, and i'd like to take this opportunity to thank yannagas for the WRS 07-tune that got me there -and foremost for his general services to the community!👍

Congrats to all who did good, see you on the Next one!

Thanks Yan for backing me up on this issue. Its nice to know I have friends like you that have my back in situations like this. I wish that I was able to record my replay because I would gladly put it on display here for all to see to prove that in no way did I cheat by cutting corners. I put in over 2,000 miles in this TT and worked my ass off (ran till my hands were bleeding from blisters) to try and perfect my lines and make sure all corners were clean while having a fast lap and that's why this really pisses me off. I do not cheat. What I can do though for anyone that wants to doubt me, I will gladly post my zip replay here for anyone to download so they can see for themselves that in no way did I cut any corners. If anyone wants it, say the word and I'll gladly post the zip file.
Hey Mitch, I tried for ages to follow that advice up the hill, and would love to see the file just so i can see how its done in car, in no way do i want to see it to clarify that what you're saying is true, I am sure that it is 👍. Nice lap! Was chasing you all night and was actually ahead a few times after the top of the fist hill section, for like, a tenth of a second, and then could keep you nicely in my sights all the way to the bit i just cant get(quick left right section before the hill climb), and eventually you always just shot off into the distance. People seemed to be carrying 113-116 mph even on that sweeping left after the second uphill section , my car was always straightening up out of there at about 111...just dont see how they keep the tyres fully in contact with the road, and keep the speed going whilst slowly turning....
Going to keep on this lap till i break into the 1.15s, ive done about 650km so far on this i think, and still not bored of the combo!
👍👍

Hey Mitch, I tried for ages to follow that advice up the hill, and would love to see the file just so i can see how its done in car, in no way do i want to see it to clarify that what you're saying is true, I am sure that it is 👍. Nice lap! Was chasing you all night and was actually ahead a few times after the top of the fist hill section, for like, a tenth of a second, and then could keep you nicely in my sights all the way to the bit i just cant get(quick left right section before the hill climb), and eventually you always just shot off into the distance. People seemed to be carrying 113-116 mph even on that sweeping left after the second uphill section , my car was always straightening up out of there at about 111...just dont see how they keep the tyres fully in contact with the road, and keep the speed going whilst slowly turning....
Going to keep on this lap till i break into the 1.15s, ive done about 650km so far on this i think, and still not bored of the combo!
👍👍

Sure thing, I'll post the zip file a bit later. 👍

Wow that's cool now! Thanks Mitch! :cheers:Maybe I need to share more of those tunes,
they're not bad after all:). That car in the photo is quite ugly though...:eek:

You're welcome my friend, you truly deserve it...for all you do here. Glad to see you get the recognition you deserve. :cheers:

This track is a blast! :lol:

I gave up all my frustrations about GT6 and spend the hole evening trying to get as good a time, using less than 650PP. Best time so far was 1:06.370, but some of you race drivers can do way better.

Latest Posts

Back