Subaru Impreza Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 219 comments
I tried two different setups for this TT. The first one was CargoRatt's tune for 22B-STi Version '98:

I achieved a time 1:17.196 with this....and also a lot of crashed Subarus (because I often lost the control in jumps). :lol:

Then I tried yannagas's tune for WRX STi '07:

ok here is rev 2 of the WRX STi '07, called the " @GTP_CargoRatt mover" :D it has better flying characteristics, better bazoom and better woof properties, to name a few...:lol:
And of course everything else you would expect from a new and improved product!

With this one I achieved a better time 1:16.559 (and there is still some room for improvement). The reason, IMO, for better time was those "better flying characteristics" yannagas mentioned.

I'm not a top driver, but with your great setups I have achieved better times and rankings than before with my own crappy setups. So thank you guys and the :gtpflag:!

Sometimes I wonder why PD puts up these Japanese car TT's with so many cars to choose from... I start believing its a way to make you buy as many as you can afford, and stock your Garage with cars you wouldn't otherwise bother with...

ok here is rev 2 of the WRX STi '07, called the " @GTP_CargoRatt mover" :D it has better flying characteristics, better bazoom and better woof properties, to name a few...:lol:
And of course everything else you would expect from a new and improved product!
Just did a quick 1:16.138 with it, this little car is more than capable of braking into the 15's.

PS Made this tune to motivate my friend Mitch and make him have a break from that ball buster Madrid chicane :crazy: Cmmon buddy move your little 🤬 :cheers:

What a Great Tune!!!!! Thank you for sharing.

Another small improvement for me today after a run of 95 miles, dropped my time by almost 3 tenths, and jumped almost 300 places up the LB.

1:18.604 :D

Good for you my friend, good for you. I really admire your dedication to the non-aids undertaking of these TT's and it's great to see your hard work and dedication paying off. 👍 I'm not sure if you're in the WRS Registry or not, but if you aren't, it might be something for you to think about. I think you would do really well there. :cheers:

This 🤬 piece of 🤬 event can just 🤬 my 🤬! It is 🤬 idiotic that they decide to this 🤬 on this 🤬 track! the 🤬 elevation changes is just 🤬, not to mention 🤬! And the car simply takes off for no 🤬 reason!

Biggest:censored: of a track I've ever 🤬 seen. 🤬 :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks to all friends for your kind words, I'm really glad my tune helped some people in this great community enjoy this TT more! :cheers: :gtpflag:. I have been using and trying out other friends tunes in the TT's all this time, and this sharing is what makes this community so special!
Having a good friend and talented tuner like @GTP_CargoRatt appreciate this tune with a WOW! really gives me joy and proves what a true sportsman and fellow racer he is:tup:

et_
This 🤬 piece of 🤬 event can just 🤬 my 🤬! It is 🤬 idiotic that they decide to this 🤬 on this 🤬 track! the 🤬 elevation changes is just 🤬, not to mention 🤬! And the car simply takes off for no 🤬 reason!

Biggest:censored: of a track I've ever 🤬 seen. 🤬 :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

May I offer you one of my "chill pills" ? :lol:

On a positive note for me, after a serious go at this today, I improved to 1'15.912. Credit goes to @yannagas for his tune that he graciously created on my behalf. I made only a very minor change, front and rear damper compression down to 2. The tune is absolutely amazing and the trans is spot on. I've been shifting between 6800-7000rpm which really seems to maximize the torque. The thing launches out of the turns like a damn rocket.....its totally awesome. I don't use other peoples tunes much as whenever I would try them, I would always end up making so many tweaks to them to fit my style, it was just better for me to tune my own cars. But since Yan was gracious enough to make this tune for me, and even without me asking him, I thought the least I could do was give it a try. And OMG, I am so glad I did....totally brilliant right out of the box. :bowdown:

So to you Yan, I say thank you very much. I can't put into words how much I appreciate the tune, and like I said, for you to do it with me in mind and me not even asking you, you are totally awesome. :bowdown: Really means a lot to me and I appreciate it more than you'll even know. Wherever I end up in this event, I owe it all to you. Peace my valued friend, you are a savior. :cheers:

*I nominated this tune for TOTW. ;)

@JujiroMatsuda : Yeah, the S2000 was a pain in the 🤬, but this is worse.
And the ferrari at monza isn't that good either, track is fine, and the car is great, but the track boundaries makes no sense. that BMW was a peach tho.:)

@GTP_CargoRatt : maybe I should try that instead. but that is'nt for the sti coupe 22B-sti version '98 right? Seems to me that is the car to go for in this event...

May I offer you one of my "chill pills" ? :lol:

On a positive note for me, after a serious go at this today, I improved to 1'15.912. Credit goes to @yannagas for his tune that he graciously created on my behalf. I made only a very minor change, front and rear damper compression down to 2. The tune is absolutely amazing and the trans is spot on. I've been shifting between 6800-7000rpm which really seems to maximize the torque. The thing launches out of the turns like a damn rocket.....its totally awesome. I don't use other peoples tunes much as whenever I would try them, I would always end up making so many tweaks to them to fit my style, it was just better for me to tune my own cars. But since Yan was gracious enough to make this tune for me, and even without me asking him, I thought the least I could do was give it a try. And OMG, I am so glad I did....totally brilliant right out of the box. :bowdown:

So to you Yan, I say thank you very much. I can't put into words how much I appreciate the tune, and like I said, for you to do it with me in mind and me not even asking you, you are totally awesome. :bowdown: Really means a lot to me and I appreciate it more than you'll even know. Wherever I end up in this event, I owe it all to you. Peace my valued friend, you are a savior. :cheers:

*I nominated this tune for TOTW. ;)

Haha so that means I have to chase you again!!!:cheers:

et_
@JujiroMatsuda : Yeah, the S2000 was a pain in the 🤬, but this is worse.
And the ferrari at monza isn't that good either, track is fine, and the car is great, but the track boundaries makes no sense. that BMW was a peach tho.:)

@GTP_CargoRatt : maybe I should try that instead. but that is'nt for the sti coupe 22B-sti version '98 right? Seems to me that is the car to go for in this event...

Hey Elias, please don't make me buy the 22B, it will only make our Japanese PD friends so happy!
It will be the 5th IMPREZA in my garage bought for this TT...
so whats the deal with it? less PP? better handling? less flying? Maybe I have to find out myself...

Hey Elias, please don't make me buy the 22B, it will only make our Japanese PD friends so happy!
It will be the 5th IMPREZA in my garage bought for this TT...
haha:D well im up to 3, all of them works fine, but the track does not cooperate.

et_
haha:D well im up to 3, all of them works fine, but the track does not cooperate.

Haha yes what PD meant with "GT-6 new physics engine" was actually true...
It applies to this track , by redefining old basic physics laws, like the ones concerning gravity!!!
This TT could be called "the Matterhorn intergalactic experience" or something:lol:

HaHa! Thanks! I'm glad you liked the tune, it certainly is fast acting and the placebo effect is minimal! :lol:

the good part with having plenty of torque and a wider power band, is that you can use lower final gearing efficiently. This actually means gears are usable in a wider rpm range, and you can push more when you don't know a track very well. Also you might find it useful to momentarily downshift more to secure your lines, when you're faster than optimal on entry.
i.e. in that last corner before the finish you blew, you might think 4th gear will carry more speed coasting through the turn. This is true, but overall, downshifting to 3rd will enable you to coast less time at a slightly reduced speed, it will cement your line, and you will be able to accelerate earlier and faster, jumping in fourth speed well in the powerband for further fast acceleration out of the turn. This will give you a greatly improved overall cornering time, its more fun, and you can delegate and control a new track better. when you have gained confidence and have found your optimal run throughout the track, you can then fine tune your gearbox to tighten it up if you need to, and gain that little speed you miss here and there.

great tune yannagas. Which type of clutch did you use?

I'd like to quote this for others.

If you can't figure out how to get a car to settle with the transitions for this seasonal selection (I can't "tune" a car in this game, I usually leave cars alone) Insanely fun track though. This set up helped IMMENSELY to grab that gold. I didn't do anything competitive in terms of time logging. I think my best was a low 19. I'm going to try a couple more times to see if I can shave little more time off. Maybe another second or two if I committed myself and braved some corners. It's crazy that you all are doing low 16's.

I must ask, @GTP_CargoRatt are you using a wheel?

But thank you yannagas for posting this. Thank you. :cheers:

Hey there, if you want to know if someone is using the ds3 (dual shock controller 3) or a steering wheel usually the 900 degree, find them in the gt6 online time trial leader boards and enter their profile. Click on their time and it tells you their set up I.E. stick or d-pad, auto/manual and so on.
Does this help?

I'd like to quote this for others.

If you can't figure out how to get a car to settle with the transitions for this seasonal selection (I can't "tune" a car in this game, I usually leave cars alone) Insanely fun track though. This set up helped IMMENSELY to grab that gold. I didn't do anything competitive in terms of time logging. I think my best was a low 19. I'm going to try a couple more times to see if I can shave little more time off. Maybe another second or two if I committed myself and braved some corners. It's crazy that you all are doing low 16's.

I must ask, @GTP_CargoRatt are you using a wheel?

But thank you yannagas for posting this. Thank you. :cheers:

Yes, I'm using a wheel. (G27) Why do you ask?

great tune yannagas. Which type of clutch did you use?

Thanks! I usually fit the triple plate, but i guess the double will do the same job. I don't see the difference mentioned by PD in the notes when selecting them in tuning page. I could be wrong of course, only checked a couple of times in TT's with big uphill sections,while using SRF...so I have yet to check, maybe there's a difference without the magic soup... Anybody noticed a difference?

Thanks! I usually fit the triple plate, but i guess the double will do the same job. I don't see the difference mentioned by PD in the notes when selecting them in tuning page. I could be wrong of course, only checked a couple of times in TT's with big uphill sections,while using SRF...so I have yet to check, maybe there's a difference without the magic soup... Anybody noticed a difference?

I've tested it many times Yan and haven't seen that its made any difference on any of the tracks I have tested it on.

Thanks everyone for the tips and tunes. It took me forever to beat this, but I finally did. My spirits were crushed after the days trying to beat the FXX and BMW event so when it came time for this I had no energy left. Happy to say I did gold everything with a controller and made a Subaru 22b tune if anyone still can't beat it. I tried some others, but they just didn't suit my style. This one is similar to the other to a degree obviously, but was the difference between silver and gold for me.

http://www.team-shmo.com/GT6tunes/Subaru/Race/Subaru-IMPREZA-Coupe-22B-STI-Version-98.php

After much off-roading and rolling I got gold with the Coupe 22B STi '98 - tuned by Praiano, and later on lowered time with GTP_CargoRatt's tune.
Then I tried lisanorm's WRX STI spec C '09 and got 1'18.3, and it seemed like I reached my limit there.
I went back to the 22B again and managed to get the same lap time 1'18.3, with a blend of several tunes posted in this thread.
But last night I decided to try yannagas' WRX STi '07 - and pretty quick shaved over a second off my best lap, to 1'17.2, putting me at 385th place and for the first time inside top 1000 on a TT! :cheers:

So thank you to the guys mentioned above, and to everyone else that shared their tunes for this event!

EDIT: Down to 1'16.9, before I'll try to execute those highly interesting tips from GTP_CargoRatt's! -Thank you m8!

Last edited:
Oh how I wanted to get down to the 1.14's on this one! But after way to much time on this hellhole of a track, I'm stuck at 1.15.017, and to top it all of I screwed up a 1.14.8xx in the last corner!:banghead:
The frustration to miss by that little!:ouch:

And, as far as I'm concerned, a multiple plate clutch wont affect anything other than reducing clutch slip time, the lighter flywheel included however, will decrease the momentum. But for a hevier flywheel to really make sense, the uphill needs to be so steep that you actually loose speed, If you think of this one, your speed is increased all the way to the top, so it wont help much. but it will slow down your acceleration downhill considerably. I'd say you're better off with the triple plate. ;)

Last edited:
ok here is one for my fellow slow peeps it will get 1:18+ easy
wrx sti spec C '09 500pp 353bhp 1230kg weight53:47 torque 50kg
parts needed:
sports hard,sports exhaust,high turbo,twin clutch,carbon shaft,centre diff,weight stg 3+bonnet,now this is optional front aero + rear wing don't need it but will help some.
susp: 130/130, 4.72/4.23, 3/6, 6/3, 3/3 0.0/0.0, -0.15/-0.11 brakes:6/8
power: 95.3%
lsd:
5/5, 24/24, 5/5 centre diff 50:50
ballast: 32@50 now downforce is up to you whether you have it or not 5 to 20 or 0
trans: final gear all way right max speed all way left
1st 2965, 2nd 2333, 3rd 1901, 4th 1563, 5th 1303, 6th 1111 final gear 3830 can change
now this is not a fast tune its just there to help the struggling so have fun

i had a roll on that second downhill bit it was fun watching it spin about 8 times on its nose,but i forgot to save the replay damn

This just helped me get gold! Thanks! :cheers:

After much off-roading and rolling I got gold with the Coupe 22B STi '98 - tuned by Praiano, and later on lowered time with GTP_CargoRatt's tune.
Then I tried lisanorm's WRX STI spec C '09 and got 1'18.3, and it seemed like I reached my limit there.
I went back to the 22B again and managed to get the same lap time 1'18.3, with a blend of several tunes posted in this thread.
But last night I decided to try yannagas' WRX STi '07 - and pretty quick shaved over a second off my best lap, to 1'17.2, putting me at 385th place and for the first time inside top 1000 on a TT! :cheers:

So thank you to the guys mentioned above, and to everyone else that shared their tunes for this event!
Nice work. Also tried both and sitting on a 1.17.545, think it was on top 600 last time i checked, think its also my first top 1000, but still sure there is more time there, so your post has made me want to get right back it, :cheers:. i keep losing time now on the hill climb, and ghost always overtakes on the sweeping left hander that follows. Any ideas what i can do to counter this? 💡:ill:

Nice work. Also tried both and sitting on a 1.17.545, think it was on top 600 last time i checked, think its also my first top 1000, but still sure there is more time there, so your post has made me want to get right back it, :cheers:. i keep losing time now on the hill climb, and ghost always overtakes on the sweeping left hander that follows. Any ideas what i can do to counter this? 💡:ill:

not sure what tune you're using, but the trick is exit speed, and shifting points. So nail that left one carrying as much speed through it, accelerating as early as possible, and keep shifting while in the power band till the right sweeper at the end of the uphill section.

Last edited:
That dog leg part with the quick left than right before you start the up hill treck, you all know the part I'm talking about?..........well, I have a secret for gaining a tone of time there...........................

That dog leg part with the quick left than right before you start the up hill treck, you all know the part I'm talking about?..........well, I have a secret for gaining a tone of time there...........................
The fact that you can put all four wheels on the grass and not get red-lapped?

Back