• 76 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
OK, well, not directly to Polyphony Digital, but to someone who is going to be interviewing a member of the GT PSP team. I have made contact with the person conducting the interview, and we have a few hours to gather and suggest our own questions for him to ask. Since he is talking to someone who has worked on developing the PSP game, it would be best to keep the questions focused on that instead of GT5 - although inquiries about how the two games could interact are certainly fair game.

As I said, we only have a few hours from this posting to get these questions together, so don't hesitate to post if there is something that you want to know!

If it's about GT Mobile, shouldn't it go in that section?

I really only have one question and that is what will the game be comprised of.
Will it be like TT where there aren't any halls, just races with certain limitations?
Or will it be strictly missions like the ones in GT4?

Edit: One More
How will the car trading feature work with GT Mobile and GT5?

For throttle application how do you get round the problem of having a digital button rather than analogue control of the throttle? If it is only on/off will this not lead to a lot of wheelspin in the more powerful cars?

What new features will GT PSP bring to the GT series that we have not yet seen in previous GT games?

If it's about GT Mobile, shouldn't it go in that section?
Due to the very time-sensitive nature of this thread, I'm putting it here to get the greatest immediate response. It will be moved later.

Can we expect all cars from GT PSP in GT5 and will we be able to share the cars with GT5 and vice versa?

Has developing GT PSP for such a small amount of memory helped you get more out of the PS3 by being more skillful with memory management for GT5?

Q: Could it be possible to start interacting more with the fans of the GT-series?

Let me explain how I think it COULD work (knowing PD), perhaps;

Using their own wise judgement, allow some notable persons in the "scene" (like you, Jordan) to have a straight connection to a person within PD. Being the link between a big part of the fan base, these connection persons could filter the feedback / questions / hopes / wishes / etc.. so that it wouldn't turn into a big pile of the same questions and wishlists all over again... Maybe 1-4 times a year they could ask things directly from "us" or allow us to send feedback in a one simple single sheet of paper. This way we could at least know that they know how we feel.

As I think many are still wondering if they even are interested at all, what their customers & fans think. OK, they have people searching the net for feedback, but that's just a little lame, isn't it? Can we expect then to read every single post in here & the other 100 forums that are based on GT. ?? Wouldn't it also help them? The real information & feedback would come to their hands without using a single hour of their precious time surfing in the net. Would that just be reasonable? We're not expecting them to do as we hope. Just hoping for an opportunity to say a few of our wisely chosen words to them.. even if it doesn't change anything.

I think that would bring PD a tad closer to this century.. ;)

Last edited:
1)in an interview a yaer ago you laughed @ a 2010 release for gt5, has anything changed since then.

2) you said you wanted gt5 and gtpsp to release around the same time, can we still expect to see that happening.

1. Physics. Are they based on GT5p or GT4?
2. Are we going to see things like tire wear and fuel consumption?
3. Endurance races?
4. Are there cars that will only be in GTPSP and not GT5? Examples?
5. What cars will be transferable?
6. Besides the Enzo and GTR Spec-V what are some of the new cars in GTPSP that we have not seen in previous GT games?
7. Will Porsche and/or Lamborghini be in GTPSP?
8. Will there be any online play besides ad-hoc?
9. Besides sharing cars what are some other ways GTPSP will connect with GT5? Rear view mirror? Telemetry?
10. Will we see any car customization? Rims and wings like GT4 or even more?
11. What is the max number of cars on screen at once in GTPSP?
12. Will license tests make a return?
13. C0(kp1t view?
14. Do you plan on using sites like the official PS Blog to promote GT? Because you should...
15. And finally, should we look forward to TGS or is your definition of "soon" later than that?

While not being aimed directly at PSP-GT, this would be my biggest issue as well:
Q: Could it be possible to start interacting more with the fans of the GT-series?
I think there should be at least a tiny little bit of two-way-communication possible, and if not (as to date), I'd at least like to know what's the problem.

Question 1: Will same production car model be upgraded with the latest year model? See 06 Viper's 510hp vs 08's Viper's 600 hp and other upgraded components.

Question 2: Porsche and Lamborghini? Are they in? What are the issues regarding whose fault is it?

How will the track layouts in GT Mobile be different from those of GT4 and GT5, respectively?

Will GT Mobile allow the use of music during the game, i.e. in races or in replays, that is on a user's PSP?

Will getting different region GT PSP and GT5 have any region locks which prevents any link up between each other (say someone gets GT PSP US version and GT5 Asian and the link could not be made due to different regional game versions).

Let me explain how I think it COULD work (knowing PD), perhaps;

Using their own wise judgement, allow some notable persons in the "scene" (like you, Jordan) to have a straight connection to a person within PD. Being the link between a big part of the fan base, these connection persons could filter the feedback / questions / hopes / wishes / etc.. so that it wouldn't turn into a big pile of the same questions and wishlists all over again... Maybe 1-4 times a year they could ask things directly from "us" or allow us to send feedback in a one simple single sheet of paper. This way we could at least know that they know how we feel.

As I think many are still wondering if they even are interested at all, what their customers & fans think. OK, they have people searching the net for feedback, but that's just a little lame, isn't it? Can we expect then to read every single post in here & the other 100 forums that are based on GT. ?? Wouldn't it also help them? The real information & feedback would come to their hands without using a single hour of their precious time surfing in the net. Would that just be reasonable? We're not expecting them to do as we hope. Just hoping for an opportunity to say a few of our wisely chosen words to them.. even if it doesn't change anything.

I think that would bring PD a tad closer to this century.. ;)

Now that, sound's like a plan. 👍

Question 2: Porsche and Lamborghini? Are they in? What are the issues regarding whose fault is it?

+1

and second would be how much the development afected GT5 (how much time it took from GT5)

I find really important this question (the same both quotes really):
I'd like to know if the physics are comparable to GT5/GT5: Prologue. :)👍

1. Physics. Are they based on GT5p or GT4?

And add one:

¿There will be damage or what kind of penalty system has the game?

Another, that is not as stupid as you might think first:

¿Could we connect the game with PS3 and control it with DualShock (like Resistance Retribution do, for example) or Logitech steering wheels to solve the "digital" control problem of the PSP?

Last edited:
Is there going to be any Real time news update with racing news that should go accordance with GT? like how they do it in ESPN games?

I would like know if they would add 1:1 tracking of steering wheel controller and game hands animation?

It would be nice to have this option at least when using wheel.

I would like know if they would add 1:1 tracking of steering wheel controller and game hands animation?

It would be nice to have this option at least when using wheel.

How is this related to the PSP version?

This thread was posted on GT5 area so PSP version is not the topic here.

OK, well, not directly to Polyphony Digital, but to someone who is going to be interviewing a member of the GT PSP team. I have made contact with the person conducting the interview, and we have a few hours to gather and suggest our own questions for him to ask. Since he is talking to someone who has worked on developing the PSP game, it would be best to keep the questions focused on that instead of GT5 - although inquiries about how the two games could interact are certainly fair game.

As I said, we only have a few hours from this posting to get these questions together, so don't hesitate to post if there is something that you want to know!

Emphasis added.

Back