Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Kent
  • 1,615 comments
I've been looking at the races on the archive, and I find the concept used for week 45 interesting. It sounds like fun, sending many times with the cars each one wants, and with small battles over different categories.
Maybe we could do something like this in one of the following weeks?

I have something in mind but it will take serious testing.
Like all the races I did with multiple cars it took hours to test.
Also a second opinion tester is needed.
CMir if you want to help ,I could send a pm with my ideas.

And Kyle,something fast on New York is always tempting.👍

hey sjaak, what if you were to pick a tire, a track, and a vehicle. You could say "Use this JGTC at New York with hard tires." The lower hp you used, the higher you finished [a 214 hp can't beat a 213 hp, even if it's faster.] And when the D1's get sick by using minimal hp, then time is the deciding factor. Maybe it's crazy.:crazy:

Kyle and I tried that NY combo out and its a real treat :) Hope to see it soon.

Jerome

The Judd with max power and r5 at NY rev :mischievous:
I can't see enough detail with my eyes, not big, not HD TV to be able to drive that direction at that speed. I hate slowing down for the first turn after the S/F line. Sure, I could use braking points, but still.

hey sjaak, what if you were to pick a tire, a track, and a vehicle. You could say "Use this JGTC at New York with hard tires." The lower hp you used, the higher you finished [a 214 hp can't beat a 213 hp, even if it's faster.] And when the D1's get sick by using minimal hp, then time is the deciding factor. Maybe it's crazy.:crazy:

So simply everyone will drive the lowest HP possible? :confused:

I really don't get the idea. So everybody runs less power, and then in the end run high power?

yeah, i was playing with the thought in my head and got interrupted during the post before I actually read it to make sure it made sense. The concept is something of a time-attack, where a time is set and then the racers see who can hit it with the lowest hp. It is probably from the handicapped races we ran earlier, but I'll agree there's not enough to the idea for it to work, yet. Maybe I can flesh it out later. In the meantime I'll try to complete a thought before I post it!!:dunce:

i'd like wrs to visit le mans again in the slower race cars like the m3 gtr or the dtm cars and let it be a division handicap race based on different tyre compounds or, prolly more simple to realize, based on ptw ratios.
make it gt mode also and i'd be in heaven.
if the steward (anybode knew sjaak is a good looker before ocho?) would need testing i'd be his man!

Has anyone run the Ford RS200 Rally Car @ DF Rev? I was having a blast on RM's / +20 / -10. 👍

I can only recall a few times we ran on Fuji, only once at 90's WAYYYY back in Week 5 I think (if I'm wrong, I'm only off by 1 or 2) and I would love a real shot at Fuji 90's in something really fast like the Minolta or R8 :) Can you help a bro out Jerry?

Jerome

I'll add it to the list, Jerome. 👍

Has anyone else have a track that they would like see in the near future?

hi jerry, great you're back 👍
i guess you saw my lm/gtr suggestion made earlier?
jerome's fuji's tip would suit me well too, tho the breaking point before the slow roundabout near the finish in such a fast car would give me the creeps :scared:

Jerry, just in time - my PS2 coughed today. Then GT4 started spinning again - in white.

So, can I celebrate with something not-too-powerful and N-tyred, preferably around a city-track? We haven't done Citta di Aria in a while, and I've been to the real version this summer, with pics to compare :P

Seattle Forward would be a blast, too. Something around 200HP, N-tyred at Seattle would be fun.

I like the idea of a GT/LM - haven't done one of those in a while. I also like Fuji so long as its one of the early versions - the later ones with all tarmac I find unpleasant as I can't see where the track is going :dunce:.

Now for my suggestion - a pick your ride: Jag E-Type / Mercedes Gullwing / Corvette C2 on Sport mediums at El Capitan.

If this seems like a possibility I'll spend some time to get the weights and powers set to get the performance levels close.

I'll add it to the list, Jerome. 👍

Has anyone else have a track that they would like see in the near future?

Oh, and Arcade Mode forgot that lil detail :) Hope all is well and GL in the future man!

Jerome

Seattle Forward would be a blast, too. Something around 200HP, N-tyred at Seattle would be fun.

I second the Seattle Forward! :)

I prefer something like the 69 GT40 or the 63 Corvette Race Car, but no sense being picky! :sly:

My vote has been cast.

:cheers:

Kevin

Now for my suggestion - a pick your ride: Jag E-Type / Mercedes Gullwing / Corvette C2 on Sport mediums at El Capitan.
WOOT el cap is always a favorite so that'd have my vote, but make it gt mode so we can fiddle the oldies a bit. maybe a handicap race where each div drives another classic car with slightly different ptw's?
anyway 👍 👍 👍

I have done the Stingray Vette at Seattle in LAN events and its another good combo, same with the Stratos, great for learning how and when to learn how a car can drift :)

Jerome

Have you ever used them?? You can't always drive a LM/GT car in every race you know.

Steven != Slippy. He likes his cars sticky.

I have done the Stingray Vette at Seattle in LAN events and its another good combo, same with the Stratos, great for learning how and when to learn how a car can drift :)

Jerome

If it wasn't appallingly similar to Week 75 (Which is a good thing), it'd be perfect. :P

while building up my new gamesave (currently at almost 50% without a single b-spec race) i did the vw new beetle series of races in gt mode. it'd be nice to pick one of them for wrs, if only because we don't do much ai racing these days.
it took me quite some tune-up to win from the idiots, but off course in wrs you wouldn't have to win to set a decent multilap time. it'd only make a clean race more difficult.
the new beetle is quite a strange car to steer. at first no under- or oversteer at all - quite razorsharp cornering in fact - but coming out of a corner you get some oversteer after all.

Jerry, You pick 'em I'll run 'em! 👍

The '63 vette at George would be interesting IMHO. I think it would be a handful.:scared: We can't have every car hooked up like it's on rails now can we?? :crazy:

One of the Nissan 350's would make a nice street car as well as one of the Mustangs I suspect, (love those muscle cars eh?) or one of the Honda 2000's at Midfield might prove interesting.

I also like the idea of selecting combos where your performance is based on "LINE" as opposed to horse power and stickies, if that makes any sense. IN any event as I said before, you pick 'em I'll run 'em mate! Looking forward to having you back at the helm. :cheers:

another idea from building my new gamesave ...

one of the nissan factory races is where you use a skyline (race of the red R emblem). one of those 5 races is a 6-lapper around trial mountain. i used a v-spec nur skyline (the best there is) and loaded it with all non-power specs and r1 tyres. it's great driving, also for a wrs week perhaps.

what could be added is a challenge how soon you can lap one of the ai drivers. this could result in a time bonus for each lapped car. the r1 compound guarantees that no pit stop is required. it might be necessary to add to the power in order to actually lap one of the ai cars :dopey:

if the steward would need further testing i'd gladly assist.

Back