• Thread starter Kent
  • 1,615 comments

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
Would you all like to make some suggestions for possible race combos to be used in the WRS?

Well don't hold back.
Come up with whatever you like and the staff will consider your suggestions.

Thanks for participating in the series. :cheers:

I'd like to see a first race at a technical track, but not something too long right away (Nurb anyone?). Based on this I think El Capitan is a good choice. It's a new track also, something that should make a good candidate for a first race. Car doesn't really matter too much right now, but arcade might be a good choice in the early stages. JGTC sounds good.

Autumn Ring would be another good choice for Icemanshooter's suggestion :-)

Personally, I'd like to see a few races in some lower-powered road cars, at some of the shorter tracks (preferably on sports tires). They're fun, and the challenge is in keeping momentum. An "easy" race means close racing, especially amongst the more experienced drivers.

I think that a JGTC car (especially an MR one) at El Capitan might scare off a lot of new participants. That's not an easy combo, by any means, and it would be discouraging for newbies to find that they're many seconds behind.

Give it a few weeks for people to learn the ropes on an easier one, and they'll be hooked for good, like the rest of us :D

Here's three combos I'd love to run ....

Ginetta G4 @ Tsukuba
BMW 2002 Turbo @ Opera Paris
Miata @ Motorland

How about Begginner course? :lol: Now that would level the field afair bit.

I think Motegi East would be a good track though, with something like an arcade Holden Monaro or something .... Can you tell I'm an Aussie? ;)

Blake

Some low to midium powered at a nice track. MR2 SC or something in that range at Autumn Ring sounds like something that could appeal to a fair about of racers.

I back up luxys ideas.

id like to see something on Grand Valley East or clubman SS5 (short one)

Grand Valley East is good too, I like it as much as the original Grand Valley 👍.

I think El Capitan is the best new track to Gran Turismo ... looking forward to racing there in the WRS :) 👍

Superfast cars with 600+hp will be problematic for some! ... but I think Arcade supras, nsx's and the other JGTC cars would be cool and managable for most :cool:
with hundreds of cars to choose from its crazy how many combo's we can have .. Nice one! 👍

Mr P
with hundreds of cars to choose from its crazy how many combo's we can have .. Nice one! 👍
Over 35,000 possible combos :sly:

Blake

Of course, especially with the extra time we'll get due to GT5 delays ;)

Blake

Maybe something with an arcade DB9? Seems like a pretty balanced car. Grand Valley would be fun. We definately ned a DB9 on the Nurburgrung sometime in the WRS.

Luxy
Ginetta G4 @ Tsukuba
BMW 2002 Turbo @ Opera Paris
Miata @ Motorland

I like the idea of a 2002, but maybe not opera, Tsukuba sounds good. Then again I may be biased as I have one... (well not a turbo). Also there is the consideration that early on, we should stick to cars that don't have to be unlocked, which rules out the 2002.

I'd like to see more musclecars in the combos, that'd be fun! :)

EDIT: Off-topic, but if someone could just answer this in the next post it would be great. Question: How do I upload my own avatars?

Yes, but anyone can win the "1 series trophy" very easily, to get the 2002 turbo. And I think that any relatively tight course should do. Obviously nothing like NYC.

I used to own a '70 2002. Fun car. Alas, I didn't have the money for the proper care of my beloved Betty. :(

AVATARS: Go to where you got that one and go all the way to the bottom and you will see.

I would love to see a well balanced set of cars appearing, since there is plenty to choose from.

I look forward to classis on street courses, everyday cars with N-tires on 'trackday' circuits, and the powerfull on the originals.

....and start with ae86 on motorsportland?

Mojo Rising
I like this one alot. Excellent combo, my friend.

Thanks :-) Found that one running the Schwarzwald Liga A in European Hall ... the 2002 is a great car for that series, bone stock. Doable, but a challenge 👍

And, as far as the 2002 being a prize car, it's super-easy to win, takes all of half an hour, so I don't think that's really an issue.

no winning cars in that time isnt an issue, i rember a race with the super autobacs mrs in gt3 that took 3 hours to win the stupid thing :(.

These combos are great 👍

Winning cars realy shouldn't be an issue, I've had the game just over a week and I have everything I need to win any car in the game that may be needed, I think maybe for the next 2-3 weeks we should use arcade cars just to be safe but I don't think it should really be an issue to anyone by now.

Blake

In my opinion we should use Arcade cars, for the first races. And the ones that are available since the beginning, as not all people might be too far into the game, yet.

As far as track, I really do not mind. Everything works here. As far as it's not anything too technical or long (Nürburgring Nordschleife or Circuit de la Sarthe I or II). These would definitely scare a lot of new partecipants away, just like Luxy said. Plus they take far too much time for somebody to even complete one lap, not mentioning getting it clean.

I think we should use Arcade cars as much as possible. This way we will all be able to post our times at db.granturismo.de and here in GTPlanet, whenever the Leaderboards are completed.

SADJO
EDIT: Off-topic, but if someone could just answer this in the next post it would be great. Question: How do I upload my own avatars?

You have to wait until you posted at least 100 posts, before you can upload your custom Avatar.

Now, with that said, do not go spamming all over the place ;) :D

This useful post made by Jordan - Custom Avatar & Title Requirements - explains all you need to know about it.

The Wizard.

I would love to do some to do some longer tracks like the 'ring and Sarthe, but I agree with TheWizard that that would take a lot of time to get a clean lap. Maybe when one of those tracks is used, a two week deadline could be used.

the pagani zonda lm race car would make for an interesting race, its very fast indeed.
it would be a good car too drive on el capitan or trial mountain or something along those lines.

I thought you only can win the Pagani Zonda Race Car from driving missions 21-24.Correct me if I'm wrong but if it is so, that would be a prob for th epeople who are having troubles with the driving missions.

But yeah, the Zonda LM would be great 👍

or an ESSO Ultraflo Supra JGTC :drool: (like it more then the WOODONE)

Cheers,

good point.

what about a free for all JGTC race, any supra skyline or nsx from the given year.

like, any 2001 jgtc or something.

I thought missions 21-24 were pretty easy, as long as you read up on the forums. So I think that that would be a good idea, but probably not the first race, something slow to start off.

Back