Sunday Mornings - Battery Tender Global MX-5 Cup by Gentleman Racing

United States
United States
Roadster S (ND) '15.jpg
Series inspired by the Battery Tender Global MX-5 Cup

Races will be Sunday mornings 9am EST - tuning will be allowed

Two 20 minute races - field order by fastest first

The Car - '15 Mazda Roadster S (ND) - increase power to 126% (175 hp), decrease weight to 97% (2,116 lbs) and install RH tires. Wheels are ADVAN Racing RZ - +1 size.

Upgrade to Fully Customizable transmission.

My gear set:
Top Speed - 143mph

1st - 3.187
2nd - 2.382
3rd - 1.892
4th - 1.570
5th - 1.362
6th - 1.235

Final - 2.866

ASM and CSA are not allowed
All other assists allowed

Tire wear will be set to 4x and Fuel consumption will be set to 2x

My Set Up:

Ride Height = 4.17, 4.21
Natural Frequency = 2.00, 2.00
Anti-Roll Bars = 6, 5
Damping (Compression) = 66, 66
Damping (Rebound) = 93, 93
Neg. Camber = .6,1.8
Toe = 0.0,0.0

I left the standard differential.
I'm still working on fine tuning the gear set. I have already posted what I have so far.

Race meets start this Sunday, August 5th at 9am. The first few weeks we will be running practice sessions and 4 to 5 lap races at various tracks to let drivers get accustomed to the car and to help determine what tracks to use for the main series. I will be opening the lobby at 8:30 for folks to get settled in and practice. I'll start the short 4-5 lap races promptly at 9am. Drivers who enter the lobby late should stick around for the next race.

This is a friendly series with an emphasis on courtesy in competition with your fellow driver.

Note: Please don't post opinions about open tuning vs no tuning or your ideas about how to run the series in this thread. If you have a suggestion or an idea please PM me about it. This thread is for drivers that want to sign up, have questions or need an update.

If you're a driver who needs a set up feel free to PM or post your questions here. I would like to see drivers help each other in that regard.

Set ups/Tunes: I will post up my set ups in this thread and I'm happy to help anyone with theirs. Just bare in mind that I use a Thrustmaster wheel and pedals so the set up may not work for everyone. Drivers are encouraged to post set ups.

Lobby will be friends only, so if your interested send me a Friend Request. PSN ID = GentlemanRacing

Post up here if you are interested so you can be added to the driver roster. Thanks.

Hope to see some of you on track!

This Sunday, August 19th, 2018, I will be hosting a session starting at 9:00 am EST.

This series may be set for some changes coming soon. I will still be hosting Sunday morning sessions for the near future. Stay tuned to this thread for more info... In the meantime, see you on track Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Driver Roster

GentlemanRacing - #93
oldguy58
coxbox - #88
swiftsmith - #50
LineR32 - #76
Macboyilija
Spyder_907
nog3861

Last edited:
Livery Gallery - here you will find liveries that I have prepared and shared in game. They are not mandatory, simply available for drivers to use if they wish to do so. Enjoy.

These liveries use the in game number board type15 but any of the in game number boards will work with them.

Duracell MX-5
BT MX-5 Cup livery.jpg

LOCTITE MX-5
BT MX-5 Cup livery.jpg

DENSO MX-5
Global MX-5 Cup livery.jpg

NGK MX-5
NGK MX-5 Cup livery.jpg

ADVAN MX-5
ADVAN MX-5 livery.jpg

LUCAS OIL MX-5
BT Lucas Oil.jpg

Red Bull MX-5
BT MX-5 Cup livery.jpg

BWT MX-5
BT MX-5 Cup livery.jpg

Last edited:
OP updated with info on tires, tire wear and fuel consumption settings. Friends only test session open on Sunday mornings.

Last edited:
I would like to join this, should be 2PM BST for me, as you know i ran my own series for this car, can i have the number "88"

PSN "Coxbox"

Last edited:
I would like to join this, should be 2PM BST for me, as you know i ran my own series for this car, can i have the number "88"

PSN "Coxbox"

Number 88 is yours. Have you tried the car with these settings - 175hp and 2116lbs?

Last edited:
Would you be interested in running this series twice, once in the morning and once at night? I can host it if you're not available. 8/9pm EST?

yes i have love this car with these specs.
Awesome! Well @coxbox, the series start is pending a few more reliable sign ups by I will be hosting practices starting tomorrow morning at 9am. Join us and run some laps!

Also, if you're in need of a livery just say so. I'm not the best artist but I try my best. The series will have specific sponsor logo requirements but they will be very basic and use mostly logos available in game.

See you in the morning?👍

Would you be interested in running this series twice, once in the morning and once at night? I can host it if you're not available. 8/9pm EST?

Not just yet, trying to get some more sign ups. In the future, please use PM method for such requests. Thanks.

Awesome! Well @coxbox, the series start is pending a few more reliable sign ups by I will be hosting practices starting tomorrow morning at 9am. Join us and run some laps!

Also, if you're in need of a livery just say so. I'm not the best artist but I try my best. The series will have specific sponsor logo requirements but they will be very basic and use mostly logos available in game.

See you in the morning?👍

Cool no problem, just to let you know that most of the official logos are available. I am good with logos as i have not only made my own made up sponsors, but use the same livery on all my cars.

Will try and join you tomorrow depends on what time i get up, though look forward to racing. I will also probably live stream things too if thats ok on here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAWgf8gVBwwQF5N6j2GLXiw/videos

https://twitter.com/The80sBusiness

I will have a lobby open this morning starting at 9am. Practice laps with a couple of short races.

Come join in. Friends only lobby. Send an FR if you're not on my friends list.

Take a break from grinding for a bit and come join in!! Lol

if you are interested i have made the place holder for the number here

Here is my Car BTW

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180812133338.png
    Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180812133338.png
    152 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
if you are interested i have made the place holder for the number here

Here is my Car BTW

I was planning on using the in-game #15 number plate as it sort of resembles the real thing and doesn't really get in the way. It's a white gumball with black trim.

Sign me up. Sunday Cup and J Sports have been quiet the last couple weeks, so this will fill the gap on a Sunday for me.

LineR32 #76

Some updates to the car. A little more power and transmission change. I posted my gear set as well. Use the custom transmission - i posted my gear settings as well.

I will post my set up by later tonight.

See you guys on track!

Back