Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - AMOC & BSCC - Champions: Harsk, Pimiki and SimbaLoraFinished 

Sunday racing is no longer possible due to network instability. Please vote below as appropriate.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was browsing through the cancelled GTP Bathurst thread and it seems people have been it touch with PD about this problem

This from Whitetail (Click both to enlarge)
image.png

And this from our Harsk.
gt.JPG

It's interesting seeing from what's been posted that they are at least acknowledging there's an overall network problem (mainly at the weekends) and in effect pointing their fingers at the server farm.

From the wording of the reply's, perhaps both the GT6 lobby and the PSN servers are run by this external company thus compounding the problem. Being a software company PD may not have their own servers on site, it would make sense if they were housed and maintained elsewhere. And since they are pals with Sony...
And even if PD did have their own lobby servers they are still reliant on the PS network for online gaming.

So - They know there is a problem but what they are doing to fix it is uncertain. But I'm sure they they are looking into it because I expect network play is going to be integral for GTsport. However it might be out of PD's hands.
For Sony it's probably not easy to swap their network infrastructure to another company at short notice. But it needs sorting out none the less - particularly now it's paid for on the PS4.

As Tarn mentioned it's only really the weekends - which is unfortunate I know. So don't give up yet Sick. Put the fridge on hold for a little bit longer.

Yes, it seems weekends are useless for GT6 online races, yet i race relatively trouble-free on weekdays (Mon-Fri), even with some of the racers from here -- case in point for server overload on weekends. So maybe the last resort would be to find a weekday spot for our races?

If we switch to weekday evenings the meeting would need to be shorter - no more than 1.5 hours and preferably less. I could host from 20:30 - 22:00 on Wednesday or Friday evenings.

If the connection is good we would be able to have qualifying again. I am not particularly enjoying the current format of short races without qualifying which has been forced on us by the current problems - I prefer the intensity of proper qualifying followed by a decent length race. I would plan for 5 minutes qualifying with race 1 BSCC of 10 or 15 minutes and race 2 15 or 20 minutes.

If everybody could let me know which they would prefer Wednesday or Friday asap it would be helpful - I will put a questionnaire up on this thread.

I presume what has happened is that Sony underestimated the level of PS3 usage at weekends at this stage in the consoles life, but from looking on line today it seems that problems have afflicted the PS4 as well this weekend. There is one game (Xenoverse) where the players are having even bigger problems.

We could either try weekdays, or perhaps try to race earlier on Sunday's, if possible. I think Sunday evenings is pretty much the worst time for the servers.

Earlier on a Sunday would be possible, but I would prefer to avoid that option if possible because I sometimes go to car shows on a Sunday and an earlier time would result in me having to miss some meetings due to not being home in time. I will suggest Wednesday or Friday evenings on the poll.

Note - I have set the poll to be open for 48 hours so that we get a quick answer - please vote. PS Real Prizes have already started to arrive at Sick Cylinder Towers ready for our summer championships (Frank Gardner Series), but those prizes will remain a surprise for now!

Last edited:
If we switch to weekday evenings the meeting would need to be shorter - no more than 1.5 hours and preferably less. I could host from 20:30 - 22:00 on Wednesday or Friday evenings.

If the connection is good we would be able to have qualifying again. I am not particularly enjoying the current format of short races without qualifying which has been forced on us by the current problems - I prefer the intensity of proper qualifying followed by a decent length race. I would plan for 5 minutes qualifying with race 1 BSCC of 10 or 15 minutes and race 2 15 or 20 minutes.

If everybody could let me know which they would prefer Wednesday or Friday asap it would be helpful - I will put a questionnaire up on this thread.
I prefer in Wednesday, because in Friday, I have 2 racing series. So, that's why I voted in Wednesday, because it will be easier for me. 👍

Either way I personally can not ensure a regular attendance anymore, Wednesdays I would just miss so many races that I wouldnt be competitive, Friday I guess i'd miss some but sure less than Wed. I voted therefore for Fridays, with an option to having to drop out completely, should the decision go to Wednesday.

Sorry. Im not at all happy about this current situation, much like the rest of you, i'm sure.

:(

Last edited:
Just an observation, midweek is when the network seems at it's most stable at the moment. The closer to the weekend the more the problems develop.

I could in theory make it for either day but on Fridays I race with Blue in his Wagon series. It's run later but two events in one evening might be a bit to much. So Wednesday would be the best for me - sorry Flaco. :guilty:

What I would add though is that instead of continuing the current championship in the week and therefore having regular drivers unable to attend, why not just put it on hold until the network returns to "normal". I'm sure it will at some time. Run something different midweek that just gives you a chance to race. A different format or a mini series. Try out some ideas that could develop into a championship etc. Things like that. More casual.
Edit: It would be a good opportunity to try out the custom tracks to see if they work OK and also if they are good to race on.

If the network doesn't improve then you'd have to consider running a full championship midweek. And I suppose midweek you might attract drivers who can't race on Sundays.

Last edited:

I presume what has happened is that Sony underestimated the level of PS3 usage at weekends at this stage in the consoles life, but from looking on line today it seems that problems have afflicted the PS4 as well this weekend. There is one game (Xenoverse) where the players are having even bigger problems.

Earlier on a Sunday would be possible, but I would prefer to avoid that option if possible because I sometimes go to car shows on a Sunday and an earlier time would result in me having to miss some meetings due to not being home in time. I will suggest Wednesday or Friday evenings on the poll.

Note - I have set the poll to be open for 48 hours so that we get a quick answer - please vote. PS Real Prizes have already started to arrive at Sick Cylinder Towers ready for our summer championships (Frank Gardner Series), but those prizes will remain a surprise for now!
Unfortunately, the machine is not using masks adapted to man , one must adapt to the machine !
I think Wednesday and Friday might be a good basis of our experience . I hope not many tournaments you choose this solution because then we will be in the same place as Sunday.

Unfortunately, the machine is not using masks adapted to man , one must adapt to the machine !
I think Wednesday and Friday might be a good basis of our experience . I hope not many tournaments you choose this solution because then we will be in the same place as Sunday.

Championship Points including Round 11

Sadly Round 11 had to be cancelled due to network instability. A poll is being held to find a new day for the race meeting as Sunday is no longer a viable day for online racing. If you haven't voted yet please do so as soon as possible - the poll closes at 20:34 GMT on Tuesday 22nd March 2016.

The championship points are shown below prior to the deduction of the two lowest scoring rounds NB these are the two lowest scoring BSCC rounds, excluding the cancelled rounds and the deduction also applies to the AMOC championship. The cancelled rounds are now highlighted in green.

Round 11 BSCC.jpg
Round 11 AMOC.jpg
Round 11 Manufact.jpg

I was very disappointed not to be able to race the Buick as I able to do a bit of practise before the meeting and discovered why I was having so much trouble braking and getting round corners during the previous meeting - my car was 450kg over weight! Once the car was lightened and the 200kg of ballast was removed it was transformed and I was hoping for a good result. I knew I wasn't likely to win however because returning Platinum grade driver Rehdogg was lapping Eiger Nordwand in his Mini about 1.5 seconds faster - a great performance from him and I was looking forward to seeing how he fared against the other fast drivers such as Pimiki, Lex, Flaco and Harsk.

Hi Sick yes disappointed in network and with shift work unable to race every week if you change to week nights. So have to drop out of championship thanks for all you time you have put into your championships thanks to all racers.;) Max aka nonka.

With dropped scores, the results would be:
1- Pimiki 124 points (Missed 2 rounds, therefore, no points were dropped)
2- Lex, 123 points (8 points taken)
3- Harsk, 121 points (4 points taken)

I'm making my accounts for the title:
If I finish 1st and Pimiki 2nd, then I would win 2 points (146) over Pimiki (144). However, if Lex gets 2nd, then he will be 2nd with 143 points.

So, to get my title, Lex and Pimiki must not finish higher than 3rd.

So, here are: My fingers are crossed... :nervous:

With dropped scores, the results would be:
1- Pimiki 124 points (Missed 2 rounds, therefore, no points were dropped)
2- Lex, 123 points (8 points taken)
3- Harsk, 121 points (4 points taken)

I'm making my accounts for the title:
If I finish 1st and Pimiki 2nd, then I would win 2 points (146) over Pimiki (144). However, if Lex gets 2nd, then he will be 2nd with 143 points.

So, to get my title, Lex and Pimiki must not finish higher than 3rd.

So, here are: My fingers are crossed... :nervous:

Important Information for all Racers

I have decided to cancel the final round (12) due to the network instability problems - with this being an Easter Weekend and a lot of people on holiday I think that connectivity would be even worse this Sunday. There were therefore four cancelled rounds with no scores. I reduced the number of dropped scores from two rounds to one in view of the extra cancelled round. This makes the champions as follows:

Harsk is AMOC Champion on 125 points. Pimiki is Vice-Champion on 124 points. lex Lathor is third on 111 points.

Round 12 AMOC Points.jpg
Round 12 BSCC Points.jpg

Above: SimbaLora is Historic BSCC Class 1 Champion on 294 points and is promoted to Platinum License.

Pimiki is Historic BSCC Class 2 Champion on 223 points. Lex Lathor is Vice-Champion on 210 points.

Congratulations to the Champions and Vice-Champions and thank you to everyone who took part - hopefully as many of you as possible will join us in future series.

Poll Results - Important Announcement!

The votes cast were split between Wednesday and Friday so I have decided to host a one hour meeting on both days. I am very sad that some of you will not be able to race on either of those days, but hopefully as many of us as possible can keep racing and attract some new members to fill the vacant spaces. People who work shift work like Maximusmonster @nonka will be welcome to attend when they can - I am sure there will be spaces.

There will be no racing until Wednesday 30th March and Friday 1st April which will be test days for the new series. Cobra Sprint will run on Wednesdays and 1960 F2 (Friday Rockets) will run on Fridays from 20:30 to 21:30 GMT.

The new series will run to the following format: There will be no qualifying, but there will be a 10 minute qualification race with grid based on practise, followed by a 20 minute Feature Race with grid based on previous race finish. The feature race will be lengthened or shortened as appropriate to keep the meeting on schedule. Only the Feature race result will be scored towards the championship and there will be only one dropped score. The room will open at 20:25 with the qualification race starting as soon as possible after 20:35. If people are late they will start the Feature Race from the back of the grid. The Feature Race will be scheduled to finish between 21:20 and 21:25 so you will be ok to race in other series starting from 21:30 onwards.

Links to the new series will be added to this thread as soon as possible.

Pretty happy about my Amoc 4th place, considering that I have two rounds without points, that I used the Ruf in 2 out of 5 races and that I only used my best car (the Ferrari) once :D

Didn't do quite as good in the BSCC though, for some reason I never bounded with those cars.

It was a great series! Too bad with the server issues though. The highlight of the series I think was the amazing Mini battle at Spa :)

Enjoy the break everyone, and see you in the next series!

(my lowest score is 8, not 20. :ill:)

CONGRATULATIONS to CHAMPIONs and all competitors! 👍
Thank you @Sick Cylinder for organization! :bowdown:

Hi Lex - your lowest scoring BSCC round was round 2 with 18 points scored so those points were dropped from your total. (The two lowest scoring rounds are defined as those rounds in which the total points achieved in race 1 and race 2 are the lowest - at the time of designing the championship this meant BSCC.) Round 2 was therefore dropped from your AMOC score - a value of 20 rather than 8 was therefore deducted.

The number of rounds dropped was changed from 2 to 1 because the series was shortened by cancellations to 8 rounds instead of 12.

Hi Lex - your lowest scoring BSCC round was round 2 with 18 points scored so those points were dropped from your total. (The two lowest scoring rounds are defined as those rounds in which the total points achieved in race 1 and race 2 are the lowest - at the time of designing the championship this meant BSCC.) Round 2 was therefore dropped from your AMOC score - a value of 20 rather than 8 was therefore deducted.

The number of rounds dropped was changed from 2 to 1 because the series was shortened by cancellations to 8 rounds instead of 12.
Why can't the lowest scores from AMOC be dropped?

Why can't the lowest scores from AMOC be dropped?

They could be, but when the rules were written I anticipated the potential for confusion as to which rounds to drop and therefore inserted a definition making clear what was meant.

It does not affect the result because if 20 points is added to Lex's score and then 8 points deducted he would be on 123 points, which would still be third behind Harsk on 125 and Pimiki on 124.

They could be, but when the rules were written I anticipated the potential for confusion as to which rounds to drop and therefore inserted a definition making clear what was meant.

It does not affect the result because if 20 points is added to Lex's score and then 8 points deducted he would be on 123 points, which would still be third behind Harsk on 125 and Pimiki on 124.
So, if Round 2's lowest points from BSCC are dropped, then the Round 2's points from AMOC are also dropped, right? Just making sure.

Congratulations to all Champions and Vice-Champions.

Special mention that not only am I a Platinum driver but now also the proud son of a newly rewarded Platinum status holder: After only month's into GT6, SimbaLora managed to greatly improve driving skills and learning about GT's partly odd setup/tuning system.

Well deserved.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all Champions and Vice-Champions.

Special mention that not only am I a Platinum driver but now also the proud son of a newly rewarded Platinum status holder: After only month's into GT6, SimbaLora managed to greatly improve driving skills and learning about GT's partly odd setup/tuning system.

Well deserved.

This is very true and a remarkable achievement - there are fast genes in the SimbaLora Flaco family!

Back