Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - AMOC & BSCC - Champions: Harsk, Pimiki and SimbaLoraFinished 

Sunday racing is no longer possible due to network instability. Please vote below as appropriate.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had same problem as harsk so after 30 minutes of trying gave up sorry.
I didn't want to give up, but after failed tries, I had to.

I'm very sad for having to do this, because I love racing with you guys and that will take my chances for the title, as Pimiki is front of me... :(

At this time, do not expect the improvement, should another date because it does not make sense . Just pull up on it myself !
I guess you are.

I 'm so not ready because it makes no sense !

Thanks!

Same as above. I tried mostly unsuccessfully to get into the lobby and the one time I did I was disconnected! It was the same after 7pm in another lobby too.

It's definitely a sluggish network problem. Outside of GT6 the logging on, friends list populating and their avatars appearing was again very slow.

I think there are problems on the PS4 but I do wonder if it's quite so bad on the paid for network. If I hadn't gone and bought a G29 in the sales I might now be considering an Xbox one!

Edit - I've just spotted this so there might be hope..

Scheduled maintenance reminder

Affected Platforms:
PS4™ , PS3™ , PS Vita , Web , Other
Affected Services:
Routine maintenance and improvements for PlayStation™Network will be performed for approximately 2 hours between 02/03/2016, 05:30 and 02/03/2016, 07:30
Start:
02/03/2016, 05:30
End:
02/03/2016, 07:30

Last edited:
Same as above. I tried mostly unsuccessfully to get into the lobby and the one time I did I was disconnected! It was the same after 7pm in another lobby too.

It's definitely a sluggish network problem. Outside of GT6 the logging on, friends list populating and their avatars appearing was again very slow.

I think there are problems on the PS4 but I do wonder if it's quite so bad on the paid for network. If I hadn't gone and bought a G29 in the sales I might now be considering an Xbox one!

Edit - I've just spotted this so there might be hope..

Scheduled maintenance reminder

Affected Platforms:
PS4™ , PS3™ , PS Vita , Web , Other
Affected Services:
Routine maintenance and improvements for PlayStation™Network will be performed for approximately 2 hours between 02/03/2016, 05:30 and 02/03/2016, 07:30
Start:
02/03/2016, 05:30
End:
02/03/2016, 07:30
Great News mate, really great news. Let's hope this will fix it! FYI, it worked extraordinary good today for me. Don't know how, but I was disconnected only once during the whole meeting, I did have some invisibles, before one of the races I ended up as host and was asked to start the race, but since I only saw 1 car on track I decided to start the race and leave :D. I did have a hard time getting in the lobby though, also at the beginning. What I did was, after the first attempt that failed due to "incompatiblity with host server", I jumped in some random Lobby to see if I could get in there and left right after everything in that Lobby loaded up. Adter that I went straight back to Sick's Club room and entered without problems. Later, when I left on purpose, I accidentally jumped into a Lobby where bloodyboyblue was in, for whatever reason :boggled: he was... but he just so appeared as the first at top of the friendslist in the Community section and I didn't double-check if he was in BSCC2, so again I left that room (stock Vauxhall Vectra's though? Kinda interesting, just not the right time.... anywaays...) :lol: I got back in into our Lobby, and got disconnected :rolleyes: but then I went back in, after doing the random Lobby switch, again, and everything worked stunningly great. For me, pretty much all the others had lots of DC's. Poor Miki couldn't even get one race done in AMOC, so I replaced him there at the front of the grid. I love the F40! Made the right choice.

C'mon now Sony, give us you best shot and fix those nasty "Internet Gremlins" (this what Tarnheld says, no?) and give us back our fun in the races.

Or else...

Edit: If, don't go xbone!

And let us know how you find the G29, please.

And let us know how you find the G29, please.
I've only tried it briefly just to see if it worked and now it's back in its box awaiting a ps4. So I can't really give it a full review. But...

It felt OK in GT6 much like the G27. If anything it was just a slight bit noisier calibrating but wasn't noticeable in use. The FFB was I thought a little less strong (I had to fiddle with the settings), but I think this is down to the fact that on the PS3 it's recognised as a DFGT and thus is being sent signals appropriate for that. On the PS4 it should be fine. The brake pedal is a great improvement on the standard G27 one but will take some getting used to if you're not used to a progressive spring mod (which my G27 has).
I actually like the layout with all the buttons close to hand. It might look cluttered initially but it makes sense in use. And the leather rim has a slightly improved feel to it.

I bought it because it was a good price at the time - 200€ - and it future proofs me for the ps4. Also if my G27 fails (or the pedals) I have a direct swap outs ready to go.

Great News mate, really great news. Let's hope this will fix it!
Let's hope indeed, it certainly needs to. What we'll probably get though is an upgrade to the PS store. :P

I accidentally jumped into a Lobby where bloodyboyblue was in, for whatever reason :boggled: he was... but he just so appeared as the first at top of the friendslist in the Community section and I didn't double-check if he was in BSCC2, so again I left that room (stock Vauxhall Vectra's though? Kinda interesting, just not the right time.... anywaays...)

That's the club I ran in from 1 to 3 before I came into sick's rooms, and I usually run Sick's room 12-2, and that one 2-3. We run every car on the European car list stock from a-to-z, so now we're doing all the vauxhalls, and VWs next. It's usually slightly more stable and we actually stick to the schedule unlike this series lately so I've been running those more often again, the host hasn't been stable though so he usually cancels after a little while, I was hosting those today and it was working well though.

Last edited:
Race Impressions

The good thing was that we managed to hold some races yesterday - the bad news was that they had to be very short and only a handful of people were able attend. It was our first set of races using a new disconnection friendly format - short races back to back and if people miss one they try to get in for the next race.

We had a great suggestion from @bloodyboyblue that we only count the best results - therefore the two best results from BSCC and one best result from AMOC count. I will post the updated points table in the next couple of days.

It was disappointing that some people were online and trying to get into the room, but couldn't and I sincerely hope that the maintenance recently announced by PSN fixes this and isn't just to install a second Singstar logo onto our PS3's.

The room is now in the Community section - click on your clubs then click on the club and the club lobby should appear on the left hand side - click on that and hopefully you will be allowed to enter. You might need to find the club 1000875 and go via that or try @flaco idea of entering another room first (refer to his earlier post)

I was disconnected or thrown out of the room multiple times - I cleared my cache before each attempt to rejoin - I suggest that everyone does this. Also, if you haven't already hardwired your PS3 to your Router, do so - either with an Ethernet cable or if the distance is too great to allow that use "Powerline" network adapters. Personally I have to use those because the PS3 room is on a different floor from the Router / where the cable comes into the house and the physical distance for a cable would be too great.

There was some good close action in the races - hopefully some photos of the action will be posted and also I hope we are able to have more racers on track next Sunday.

C'mon now Sony, give us you best shot and fix those nasty "Internet Gremlins" (this what Tarnheld says, no?) and give us back our fun in the races.
nogremlins.png

Round 8 from Midfield

Our first round using the new disconnection friendly format of multiple short races gave racers several chances to get in the room and hopefully stay connected long enough to complete a race. The best two scores count towards BSCC and the single best score counts towards the AMOC championship - note this means that there can be more than one person showing in each position.

After eight rounds (and before the deduction of dropped scores) we can see that Pimiki leads Lex Lathor by six points in Class 2, while SimbaLora leads Class 1 and overall.

Round 8 BSCC Points.jpg
Round 8 BSCC Man Points.jpg

Below AMOC points - Flaco was amazingly fast in the Ferrari F40.

Round 8 AMOC.jpg

Interview with IfAndOr

1. What is the secret behind your speed?
Er, the throttle peddle. :)
Seriously though it's probably the brake! Knowing when to brake, how much to brake and, most importantly, when not to brake increases your overall pace. When you're braking you're not accelerating!
I find I'm considerably slower in races than I am in time trials, where I can usually set some good times comparable to those on my friends list. In races I find I get too concerned about where everyone is around me. I really do miss the zoom-able map from GT5 - it was a great help.
I also find the friends ghost lines in the time trials are very useful. If someone has taken a corner at a faster speed it means I should be able to do so also.

2. Do you use a wheel or controller?
Wheel. I've always used a wheel even in my PC days prior to getting a PS3 and I don't think I could revert to a controller now. I recently tried out Forza 6 (seemed very good) using a controller and my driving was very erratic - yes even more than usual!

3. If you use a wheel, what sort of wheel and rig or stand?
My initial proper wheel for the PS3 was the DFGT and I was very happy with it and probably would have stuck with it, but I had some extra cash at one point and decided to get a G27. Although the peddles were good, I added a progressive brake spring mod. I've recently removed all the peddles from their casing and mounted them to a raised box I made - it's made them more stable and in a more natural/comfortable position to use.
I've also recently bought a new "comfortable looking" chair off the Internet - it wasn't! Don't buy chairs on looks.
My "rig" is a wrap around office desk to which the G27 is attached - it's all very sturdy. My viewing is via a 27" monitor around ¾ meter away - this might be upgraded to a bigger screen soon.

4. How many hours per week do you practice?
I used to be on regularly in my spare time, many hours were spent "messing about". Recently that's dropped. There are sometimes when I literally turn it on and race - which accounts for some of my performances!
If you see me online now I'm probably fiddling around with the course maker.

5. How do you tune your cars - what do you start with first?
I look to see if there's one available in the Piriano app on my tablet! If there isn't, race soft/hard suspension is all I do these days.The tuning aspect is my least favorite part of the game.

6. How long have you been playing GT?

My GT experience started with the PS3 and GT5. I didn't get GT5 straight away it was second hand copy off Ebay around Christmas of the year it came out - so it's however long that is. Apart from a 4-5 month period when I got addicted to the game Red Dead Redemption (I love westerns), I've been playing it on and off ever since. In GT5 it was mainly with the course maker and in GT6 it's mainly online racing.

7. How old are you or is that private?
Well 1961 was a good year.

8. What does your family think of your hobby?
I look after and care for my elderly mother (which is why I sometimes can't race) and she finds it comical with me sitting at the steering wheel driving my imaginary cars. But she also finds it fascinating that I'm racing with people from all around the world.

9. What sort of car do you drive in real life?
Working through them all I've had 14 cars so far from a Renault 5 Turbo up to a 2.8i Capri. With a few other interesting ones in between.
Currently it's a Honda Accord 2.4 - goes well but it's a bit thirsty.

10. Do you drive fast in real life?
Not really, there's little opportunity to do so these days. Although I used to have my moments - See R5 Turbo above! ;)

11. What car would you drive if you won a lot of money?
I'd probably buy a Limo and get a chauffeur.

Future Interviews - I think we have now interviewed all our racers, but if I have forgotten anyone - I apologise - just send me a reminder. This feature has been popular so I am currently devising a second round of interview questions - if you have any suggestions for questions you would like answered send them to me via the conversation feature - they don't have to be car or motor racing related.

Car Change - Please note this has been postponed until round 10. I have produced a car and colour chart which I will post after round 9.

Supported Car Suggestion - Ford Galaxie - I can't remember if I have suggested this already, but it needs more votes. Ford produced 200 lightweight Galaxies in 1963 known as Code R. Most of these were destined for the drag strips and NASCAR tracks of the USA, but three were prepared by Holman Moody and shipped to the UK where they created an immediate impression on the public and broke the long standing Jaguar stranglehold of the big class (D) of BSCC.

Click on this link and click like to the first post to try and get this great car added to a future version of Gran Turismo:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ford-galaxie-500-sport-special-tudor-fastback-1963.306617/

Next Round 9 from Mount Panorama - Sunday 6th March

I think we have now interviewed all our racers
I can't remember the "Interview with Sick Cylinder"! ;)

Nice pictures @TonyLomas. They show me what I've been missing.

I'll probably try and join again this weekend. Has anyone seen any improvement after the PSN update?
I've raced online a few times this week and it's been OK - especially midweek.

a Renault 5 Turbo

Oh là là! :dopey:👍

That's a great idea, i second that! :cool:

I'll be away this weekend and next week and can't race with you this Sunday. :( Keeping my fingers crossed and hope the net problems are gone and you all have terrific races, see you next weekend. :cheers:

Last edited:
Hello!

Tonight I had practiced the Lexel , but we gave up because we could not stay in the room is not a good omen for tomorrow !

OK - I'll interview myself in time for next week!

Has anyone seen any improvement after the PSN update?

Tonight I practised, but we gave up because we could not stay in the room - this is not a good omen for tomorrow !

Unfortunately from Pimiki's experience it sounds as if the PSN Maintenance wasn't to fix the current network instability / connection problems - a big shame, let's just hope we are able to get some good races tomorrow.

In the meantime enjoy this clip of a Hillman Imp trying to keep up with the big cars around Mount Panorama - we will make it into a competition - send me a message by Sunday 13th of March listing all the makes and models of car that you were able to identify from the clip. The winner will be the person who correctly identified the most cars and will be announced in that weeks race report - good luck!

Note - our races at Mount Panorama will be 4 laps long - this should give people more chances to race and less time to wait for another go if they get disconnected.

I'll try and make a start. I believe I have seen two Lotus Cortina's, a Ford Fairlane, Holden Commodore 1x gold 1x blue, Alfa Giulia Coupe and Sedan, Morris (?)

Last edited:
this clip of a Hillman Imp trying to keep up with the big cars around Mount Panorama
And making quite a good job of it. He just needed a nitro button for the straights!

It all gets a bit vague after the obvious Cortinas. Flaco has already recognised more than me.
Possibly add a Ford Anglia? And that little one at the start is a Austin of some sort I think.

Sorry competitive series but what I meant is long dead .Now I can not go on . Are you the reason why you should keep this point in time , for me it is not so Corresponding date is not ready to seat more competitive in a very annoying situation . Separate subscription to the game server from the Internet direct cable connectors and even good only during the week , I stepped improve the situation .If you let me know and I'll be trying it again!
Hello

It was good to be back on the track, I think I missed four rounds in a row...

Mount Panorama is always exciting, I love racing inches from the walls! I was a bit rusty though. From the first BSCC race to the fourth I improved my best lap time by 7 seconds :lol:

It was great to get a win in the last race. On the first lap it was extremely close between me and Harsk. I got a great start and was able to pass Harsk in the first corner when he ran wide. At the top of the mountain he caught up and we came down the mountain side by side at full speed (great performance balance @Sick Cylinder)! When approaching the fast right-hand turn before the chicane Harsk was slightly ahead, but with Harsk on the inside and me on the outside I had a potentially faster line through the corner. I tapped the brakes slightly before the turn to let Harsk go first, and fortunately for me he went wide, got out on the grass and had no chance to recover.

For the rest of the race I had Lex on my tail, but it's very difficult to overtake up on the mountain, and on the final lap he ran wide at the chicane and, as they say in Denmark, det var det hele*.

* = "that was it"

It was good to be back on the track, I think I missed four rounds in a row...

Mount Panorama is always exciting, I love racing inches from the walls! I was a bit rusty though. From the first BSCC race to the fourth I improved my best lap time by 7 seconds :lol:

It was great to get a win in the last race. On the first lap it was extremely close between me and Harsk. I got a great start and was able to pass Harsk in the first corner when he ran wide. At the top of the mountain he caught up and we came down the mountain side by side at full speed (great performance balance @Sick Cylinder)! When approaching the fast right-hand turn before the chicane Harsk was slightly ahead, but with Harsk on the inside and me on the outside I had a potentially faster line through the corner. I tapped the brakes slightly before the turn to let Harsk go first, and fortunately for me he went wide, got out on the grass and had no chance to recover.

For the rest of the race I had Lex on my tail, but it's very difficult to overtake up on the mountain, and on the final lap he ran wide at the chicane and, as they say in Denmark, det var det hele*.

* = "that was it"
Well, I felt in a trap because I thought that you were going to brake later the same time as me, so, that's why I did.

I just can't believe that you set me a trap, so you could win the race...

Anyways, I learned the lesson. Now next time, I will brake early....

I could not stay 5 minutes in the Lobby before I DC'd. As soon as I left the Pitlane or minutes in watching the race. When I was able to make 3/4 of a lap I got told I had lag. Gave up trying very early as all signs pointed to a not-enjoyable round. Not sure I bother trying the next.

Latest Posts

Back