Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - AMOC & BSCC - Champions: Harsk, Pimiki and SimbaLoraFinished 

Sunday racing is no longer possible due to network instability. Please vote below as appropriate.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Round 9 From Mount Panorama

I am so fed up with the failure of Sony / PD to fix what broke five weeks ago that I'm getting close to packing up altogether and selling the PS3. I had high hopes that the maintenance that was done on PSN last week would have fixed the problem - it seems ridiculous that people like Flaco and Pimiki who I know have top quality, high speed internet connections can't stay connected long enough to complete a race.

Pimiki has suggested that we try a different time or day - I will post a questionnaire onto the thread. I didn't want to change the time or day because the current arrangement suits my family and if I change it, I might not be able to attend as often, but in view of the continuing problems I think we have to consider alternatives.

Championship Points - Top two results out of four count towards BSCC, top result out of two counts towards AMOC.

Round 9 BSCC Points.jpg
Round 9 AMOC Points.jpg

Manufacturers Points - top result for Nissan this week.

Round 9 BSCC Manufact.jpg

Above: F1 Champion Jim Clark added the 1964 BSCC to his list of achievements. For 1964 class (C) 3 litres was increased to 5 litres in order to put the Jaguar Mark Two 3.8's into a separate class from the big Ford Galaxie's (D) which had been making mincemeat of them. However if we look at an analysis of fastest laps by class we can see that by 1964 the smaller cars had developed to match or beat the Jaguars.

Round 9 BSCC Fastest Laps.jpg

Interview - none this week, but hopefully we can publish one next week with Maximusmonster.

Car Change - we change cars at the next round. Please refer to the following guidance (Note it refers to 9-12, but we changed to 10-12 as a result of cancelled rounds due to connection problems):

Round 8 BSCC Colours.jpg

Featured Video - Hillman Imp at Brands Hatch Indy

Next Round 10 from Grand Valley Speedway - Spaces for information contact Sick Cylinder

You won race 1 of AMOC and Eran won race 2. AMOC points are now the best result out of two races with BSCC being the best two results out of four races - we implemented this change to the scoring system in response to the network instability / disconnection problems.
Alright then. Thanks for the clarification. 👍

Any slots for Sunday sick? If so, what cars and spec?

Yes - plenty of slots - Historic BSCC: Mini 1998, colour Claret from Jaguar E Type 1961, wheels silver P525N (I think you may have to go up 1 inch to get those wheels, but I can't remember offhand) - NB this car is a replica of a Broadspeed Team Mini, Harsk will be driving a replica of a Cooper Team Mini. Spec: 640kg, SS tyres, max tune.

AMOC - Jaguar XKR or XKRS, custom wing as large as possible, colour and wheels of choice, race number font A type A. Spec: 1350 kg minimum weight, 560PP maximum and as much power as you can get, tyres SM.

Maybe split the race days into two? Have Lex host a second meeting on Monday for example, for those that couldn't hold a connection on Sunday?

This is a good suggestion from Flaco - would you be able to do that @LexLathor ?

If so there would be a second chance for people to race - hopefully we still get a full room on Sunday's and maybe some new people for the second meeting - feel free to discuss further times and dates that would be possible. Note it would be without me as I am not free to race in the week, but this would not be a problem if Lex or another Steward is willing to host a second meeting.

PS - Great shots as always @John Wells

Irish Rallying - Everyone should watch this this amazing clip of Frank Kelly (Driver) and Liam Brennan (Co-Driver) - it will open your eyes (and ears) to how vitally important a good Co-Driver is. Note - in Irish, three is pronounced tree - hope that helps!

Last edited:
Race Impressions Round 10 Grand Valley Speedway

I got back to the house just in time and on the way remembered the car change to Buick in Historic BSCC and Jaguar in AMOC. I had time to set the gearbox of the Buick, but the handling was awful with chronic understeer. In the races I was able to use the power to blast off the line, but promptly lost any places gained as the big Buick struggled round the corners. It was fun though trying to stay with the Mini's and other cars which seemed to swarm all around me, passing at will as I struggled with my land yacht! I will need to test some tunes this week.

@tarnheld appeared to be finding the GT350 a handful - I will post the tune that I used on the thread. I found it lopped some time off the laps, but the car continues to have an over lively rear end.

The Jaguar XKR was a revelation - I have used my AMOC cars with just race soft suspension and an LSD tune - the Jaguar handles and grips beautifully. It is probably the best handling AMOC car on standard settings. I had some great battles with IFAndOR - ever the gentleman he never pressed to the point of contact, but I am sure he could have forced his way through a few times. It looked like he was struggling with understeer on his Aston Martin.

Provisional Results - NB there was some track cutting. Note - as previously stated anything beyond the kerb is outside the track limits including paved runoff areas.

Championship Points tables will follow later in the week. A big welcome back to @buybon355 and congratulations on scoring a double podium in Historic BSCC.

Sick Cylinder 7 4 5 6 6 6
SimbaLora - - - 9 - 5
Lex Lathor 8 5 4 3 4 3
Flaco 2 1 1 1 2 -
BBB 5 - - - - -
Max 4 - - 8 8 -
Eran 11 - - - - -
Tarnheld - - 7 10 - -
Pimiki 1 - 3 2 1 1
John Wells 3 - 6 7 9 -
Buybon 6 3 2 4 5 4
IfAndOr 10 6 9 - 7 7
Harsk 9 2 8 5 3 2

Thanks for having me Sick. Had a wee window in my day, so was good to get back on track with you guys. Disconnections seem to have been hampering you which is a real shame.

I've not got any Sundays free for the next few weeks, but if there are any vacant slots in the future, and I'm available, I'd love to join and fill the grid up a bit.

Had some really good battles, the Mini was surprisingly good at this PP. Enjoyed trying to find my way past your land yacht in one of the races, and had a great battle with Harsk in the other mini, just getting past at the line.

Still a good show Sick, hope the servers sort themselves out so you can get back to normal service.

tarnheld appeared to be finding the GT350 a handful
He wasn't the only one! It's not the loose rear end so much it was the understeer that got me. Oh and the brakes. Other than that it's fine.

I had some great battles with IFAndOR - ever the gentleman he never pressed to the point of contact, but I am sure he could have forced his way through a few times. It looked like he was struggling with understeer on his Aston Martin
I never force my way through. ;)
It's not too bad the Aston - I'm running it nearly stock. My problem was that I'd got quite a long gearbox setting which meant you accelerated away from me after every corner. But yes, good battles Sick. :)

Shame about the DC's again. There were only a few of us who managed to remain for the whole meeting. Good to see @buybon355 amongst the Sunday crew again. Although he's getting too fast. :P

Although not to everyone's taste, I'm quite enjoying the shorter race format. It does make it more intense. And if you mess up one race there's always another coming up.

I haven't taken any pictures lately so here's a few...
7419846.jpg

7eda602.jpg

83dd692.jpg

87cec35.jpg

Last edited:
Hello there. Good to see you guys still racing. Sorry about last time, that was probably childish me of. I was busy at the time either way, so I would have stopped racing back then anyway. If you got a free spot I'd like to join if you don't mind. Though, I'm a little rusty... been a while since I last played.

Hello there. Good to see you guys still racing. Sorry about last time, that was probably childish me of. I was busy at the time either way, so I would have stopped racing back then anyway. If you got a free spot I'd like to join if you don't mind. Though, I'm a little rusty... been a while since I last played.

I would love to have you back @rehdogg15 - I am just rushing off to work now so I will let you know about cars etc. tomorrow morning.

Hi Rehdogg! Welcome back.

It's okay about the last time. It's not your fault. It's my fault, because in that time, I was recovering my strength from 2014 WCR.

Hello there. Good to see you guys still racing.

Hi Rehdogg - cars for Sunday:

Historic BSCC: Mini 1998, colour Claret from Jaguar E Type 1961, wheels silver P525N (I think you may have to go up 1 inch to get those wheels, but I can't remember offhand) - NB this car is a replica of a Broadspeed Team Mini, Harsk will be driving a replica of a Cooper Team Mini. Spec: 640kg, SS tyres, max tune.
AMOC - Jaguar XKR or XKRS, custom wing as large as possible, colour and wheels of choice, race number font A type A. Spec: 1350 kg minimum weight, 560PP maximum and as much power as you can get, tyres SM.

Please remind me of your race number. Note we now race in a club lobby: ID 1000875.

This morning I had a power cut and after the power came back on my broadband connection had failed so I am writing this from a friends house - hopefully I will be back online soon, but if I am not back by Sunday Lex will need to host.

Added by edit:

I found that my router failed - I have borrowed another so I now have internet again - hopefully no problems on Sunday. I will check if Rehdogg is a member of the club and if not will send out an invitation later.

Championship points will be published next week and I will also respond to any outstanding queries - this week has been a bit busy!

Last edited:
Hi Rehdogg - cars for Sunday:

Historic BSCC: Mini 1998, colour Claret from Jaguar E Type 1961, wheels silver P525N (I think you may have to go up 1 inch to get those wheels, but I can't remember offhand) - NB this car is a replica of a Broadspeed Team Mini, Harsk will be driving a replica of a Cooper Team Mini. Spec: 640kg, SS tyres, max tune.

Please remind me of your race number. Note we now race in a club lobby: ID 1000875.

This morning I had a power cut and after the power came back on my broadband connection had failed so I am writing this from a friends house - hopefully I will be back online soon, but if I am not back by Sunday Lex will need to host.

Added by edit:

I found that my router failed - I have borrowed another so I now have internet again - hopefully no problems on Sunday. I will check if Rehdogg is a member of the club and if not will send out an invitation later.

Championship points will be published next week and I will also respond to any outstanding queries - this week has been a bit busy!
Thanks Sick. I believe it was 15. edit: nvm, it was 86

Last edited:

Great video Flaco - the white Ford Zephyr in the clip is very similar to the one used by Jeff Uren to win the BSCC in 1959 - at that time it was in class C, but the MK 2 Jaguars (3.4 and 3.8) were in class D apart from Peter Blond's 2.4 litre example which won at Silverstone beating Uren's 2.6 litre Ford - the only time it was beaten in class that year.

The huge grey Jaguar is a Mark 7 - Jaguars big luxury saloon - these were raced in the 1950's by Stirling Moss.

The red Austin A40 at the front is so fast because in 1960 the BSCC was run to special regulations (Super Tura) - the Jaguars competed, but the BSCC championship was only open to cars under 1 litre that year. Doc Shepherd won almost all the races in his Austin A40 - the small cars lapped at the same speed on most tracks as the big Jaguars because they were custom built race cars, with many modifications allowed whereas the Jaguars were lightly modified saloons. This is why I missed Doc Shepherd out of the list of champions for our current series - the cars in 1960 were built to unique regulations whereas the other years 1959 to 1965 (the years of our championship) the cars ran to Group 2 (or similar) regulations. From 1966 to 1969 the BSCC ran to Group 5 regulations which allowed extensive modifications including widely flared arches and wide wheel rims.

Crazy how big that zephyr looks, there's one like that that comes to the car shows around here and it looks like that A40 compared to the 50s and 60s American cars

They were big cars by European standards, but check out the enormous Jaguar Mark 7! My favourite Zephyr is the slightly later (1962) Mark 3 which didn't win the BSCC like the Mark 2, but did score some class victories with Alan Mann driving and was very successful in New Zealand in the hands of Ernie Sprague.

People from the UK of a certain age will remember the popular TV Police show Z cars which featured the Ford Zephyr and Zodiac - do you remember it @IfAndOr or were you too young at the time?

Last edited:
I remember it was on (it's a catchy tune) but I don't remember much about it. I was more of the era of the Sweeny guv. Shut it!

You should enjoy this then If - I loved the Sweeney and the Professionals! PS for those not familiar with the show, Sweeny is Cockney rhyming slang for Fying Squad (the Metropolitan Police's elite unit for dealing with armed robbers - Sweeny Todd rhymes with Flying Squad) UK people born within sound of the church bells in Bow speak Cockney rhyming slang instead of normal English - it would be very difficult for a foreigner to understand because as well as a strong London accent they substitute words so a suit is a whistle (whistle and flute), stairs are apples (apples and pears), a car is a jam (jam jar) - whenever I try to explain it to foreign friends or speak cockney to them they are always completely baffled and ask why - I can't explain why - it is just a very strange English custom of Cockney Londoners.

Last edited:
Yet again we have had to cancel an online race meeting due to the appalling service offered by Sony / Polyphony Digital. I fail to understand how or why they have been unable to fix the current network instability problems which began about two months ago.

Sony cannot possibly expect anybody to bother buying a PS4 and paying for an online service when they have shown themselves to be incapable of providing a proper service for their customers. The current situation is nothing short of disgraceful.

I have started making enquires regarding the stability of the Microsoft network used for the X Box, which I am told by avid gamers at work who use it is virtually problem free.

If Sony / Polyphony Digital don't stop sitting on their hands and actually start fixing this problem I don't see that there is any alternative, but to skip the PS4 and GTS / GT7 and switch to the X Box and either Forza, Project Cars or Asetto Corsa.

Unfortunately for those of us with wheels this is an expensive decision - it may not be so bad for those people waiting to buy a PS4 compatible wheel as they could now buy an Xbox one instead. For me with an old PS4 compatible wheel (a Version 1 T500 which has little secondhand value) it is more likely that I will pack up racing altogether.

I can't see any point in buying a PS4 and paying a subscription to race online to a Company which has shown itself to be incapable of providing a satisfactory network.

What do you guys think? Are you ready to give up altogether? I know my wife would be more than happy if I did and put the money for a PS4 towards a new, larger fridge instead.

Is there anything else we can try? Or is it time to just say that's it - Sony and Polyphony Digital you had your chance and you blew it and no you are not getting any more of our hard earned cash?

What do you guys think? Are you ready to give up altogether? I know my wife would be more than happy if I did and put the money for a PS4 towards a new, larger fridge instead.

Yes, it seems weekends are useless for GT6 online races, yet i race relatively trouble-free on weekdays (Mon-Fri), even with some of the racers from here -- case in point for server overload on weekends. So maybe the last resort would be to find a weekday spot for our races?

Latest Posts

Back