Super Aguri Honda Racing is Virtually GO!!!!

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Yuichi, Nov 1, 2005.

1. fujiwaratofuuuu

fujiwaratofuuuu

I was really disappointed by Sato this year, because he had some brilliant (and some overeager) drives last year, and he was convincing enough to be rated 5th midseason by F1 Racing - I think he has the speed but his main problem is his overtaking abilities. I'd like to see him again in F1.

2. THE ED3

THE ED3 (Banned)

i agree with that.

3. Mr. Boy

Mr. Boy

4. Lee

Lee Premium

And you are really slow. Link

5. Blake

Blake Premium

Super Aguri could get the green light for 2006. I’ve read various stories and no-one seems to be against them joining the grid for 2006. Anyway, maybe we will get an announcement in a few days.

Link.

6. Sting

Sting Premium

from BBC Sport

7. Omnis

Omnis Staff Emeritus

Uh-ohhhh.

8. THE ED3

THE ED3 (Banned)

YAY!

I hope they can fix things so they can race next year.

9. Blake

Blake Premium

They’re in.

10. THE ED3

THE ED3 (Banned)

would you be so kind to quote from the site so I dont have to open a new page... Dial up sucks.

11. VNAF Ace

VNAF Ace

The more the merrier. Welcome to F1.

12. Blake

Blake Premium

Welcome to GTPlanet VNAF Ace. Enjoy your stay. :cheers:

13. VNAF Ace

VNAF Ace

Actually, I'm y2kgamer...

I wanted to change my sn, and the only way to do that was to get a new one. :lol:

But I'll drink to that... :cheers:

14. m7ammed

m7ammed

its going to be cool seeing some fights at the bottom of league , midland Redbull Jr. team and Super Aguri :D

15. Blake

Blake Premium

Oh, ok. Could have gotten premium. :lol:

BMW318ciC – I don’t think Super Aguri will be that competetive. Especially not initially…

16. Appie

Appie

cool a new team

17. Lee

Lee Premium

Yeah, arn't they using Arrows chassis from back in '02 or something?

18. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

http://www.formula1.com/news/3948.html

Official confirmation. A 4 year old modified Arrows chassis, Sato as number 1....oh dear.

They will launch their own car midway through the season.

19. Lee

Lee Premium

I think that will be the only time "Sato" and "1" will ever be in the same sentance...

20. THE ED3

THE ED3 (Banned)

I like this. Having a new team will be fun.

They will be lucky to be within 2 seconds of STR but still...

21. zoxxy

zoxxy (Banned)

Hahaha! Oh my god! A 2002 Arrows chassies?! Sato needs all the handling he could get, not a car that handled poor even back then! :lol:

22. X-Othermic

X-Othermic

So who wants to tak ebets on how far they will be off the pace? The honda engines will help, but even a new chassis won't help this team much.

23. Blake

Blake Premium

They’ll have a 2002 chassis, that is modified to current aero regulations, as well as modified to withstand the latest crash test figures. The latter part means it will be quite heavy, so I’m not sure if they’ll have much, if any, ballast to play around with…

I don’t think the new chassis will be competitive either, tbh. They seem to be rushing things too much… :indiff:

24. THE ED3

THE ED3 (Banned)

Well, the first part of the season will be a struggle, but when they get their new car going they should be able to battle with STR and maybe midland every now and then.

How much lighter were the cars back then?

I good idea for them would be to do what mitsubishi did in the WRC. Go with the new aero regs for 08 so they get a major jump on the teams. They will already be very uncompetitive so why not get a ton of testing over the other teams?

25. Blake

Blake Premium

The cars weren’t any lighter. But increasing the rigidity of an old chassis to cope with the new crash test figures will increase the weight quite a lot. A new chassis wouldn’t have that problem because they can design new solutions from the outset, rather than patching the chassis up to cope.

26. red70mach1

red70mach1

It be a revelation if the new team scores points throughout the F1 Season.

27. Lee

Lee Premium

Uh oh...

(Taken from sniffpetrol.com)

STUPID AGURI IN STUPID ENGINE ERROR

There was hilarity in Formula 1 this week with news that back markers elect and comedy 11th man team Stupid Aguri haven't got any engines. The foolish making-up-the-numbers last row sitters' embarrassing error came to light when one of the team's engineers was spotted ahead of the forthcoming season skulking around a branch of HMV trying to buy an F1 car sound effects CD. "Yes it is true, we have no engines," admitted a shamefaced insider. "Instead our drivers will propel the car with their legs in the manner of Fred Flintstone whilst a lightweight in-car stereo system plays the appropriate noises from some speakers mounted in the side pods. Since we're going to get lapped a lot anyway we thought no one would notice".
    However, the rubbish recording-based plan is only the tip of the pointless entry iceberg. "We are delighted to have signed Takuma Sato," said another nameless team source. "Thanks to a sophisticated in-helmet microphone Takuma will be able to add his own audio embellishments such as popping on the over-run and the distinctive noise of him twatting into something. For a second driver we are hoping to recruit the man who played the amusing Sgt. Larvell Jones in Police Academy".
    Nonetheless, some F1 observers have been puzzled at Aguri's inexplicable motor loss situation since they were widely understood to have signed an engine deal with Honda. "Ah yes, I can explain that one," said a Stupid Aguri spokesman. "You see, we were meant to pick up the engines from our local Honda dealer, but we forgot. Just like we almost forgot to sign up with the FIA but then we simply promised that we would hand over the $30 and it was all sorted out… $30 million? Oh God, I have to ring the bank…"

:lol: Just a bit of comedy for you guys. :D

28. zoxxy

zoxxy (Banned)

The sad part is that this could be true. :lol:

29. Electric.......

Electric....... (Banned)

Well,we'll see on February 21st...

30. red70mach1

red70mach1

Knowing the relationship between Honda and Aguri Suzuki the development of the car and team will gel better in the 2007 F1 Season with a whole new car.