Super events?? How do you beat it? Unreallistic gas mileage..

SummitBalt08
I am sure there are threads on this.. but could not find them

I am trying to beat the races in Super events that are normal car 650pp

The first one I tried is the 20 mile race. No matter what car I use- I am always on E halfway through the race on the 4th lap... what car goes through a full tank of gas in 10 miles???

I changed my driving habits and got a little better gas mileage but still

Anybody have a certain car that is good for these events?

I have tried all maybe I am just not good enough.. that or the tire wear/gas consumption in the game is seriously rediculous.

Any advice is appreciated

Have you tried the pit lane?

Fuel consumption and tyre wear is exaggerated to replicate a much longer race compressed into a very short time frame.

Imagine each mile to actually being 10 or 20 miles in terms of fuel and tyres.

Last edited:
Yeah you usually need to pit at least once for tires/fuel on all the super races. If you notice all the AI cars do. For the willow springs race a good choice would be the rocket car or NSX prototype road car. For the other 650pp races I used the black deltawing, during some of them you don't even have to pit because of that cars fuel consumption, major advantage. The 750pp races just grab one of the upper class LMP cars; I prefer the R10 or Sauber.

Yes I know there is a pit lane.. but the whole tire wear being exaggerated KILLS the fun of the race.. YOU CANT WIN.

Its rediculous... I can drive it easy not slide in corners and all that and I still have to pit on the 4th lap otherwise I will run out of gas before I get to the pits on the next lap..

THEN there are cars that DONT pit until the 6/7th lap.. how the hell is that possible?? Like I said it really kills the fun of the game.

I have been playing GT since the original Gran Turismo.. but the LACK of events in GT6, this whole thing in the super events really makes a disappointing game. They will be LUCKY if I buy GT7.. in the past I never bought new game systems until I had to because a new GT came out.. looks like I dont have to worry about ever buying a PS4!!

(I have never played any other system either.. never touched and xbox or anything.. before people start accusing me of being a fanboy of another game or whatever)

use rocket or chaparel j2
i think you might have to pit at least once but by then , you are far far ahead & the grip is still good [ specially J2 ]

I too, would suggest the NSX-R Prototype Road Car......or the GT-R Black Edition.......or either of the McLarens [F1 & MP4-12C] and also the TVR Tuscan or Tamora.

Yeah you usually need to pit at least once for tires/fuel on all the super races. If you notice all the AI cars do. For the willow springs race a good choice would be the rocket car or NSX prototype road car. For the other 650pp races I used the black deltawing, during some of them you don't even have to pit because of that cars fuel consumption, major advantage. The 750pp races just grab one of the upper class LMP cars; I prefer the R10 or Sauber.

First try with the NSX-R Prototype and won.. easily.. thats crazy. Its sad its almost impossible to win with any other car though

There are lots of cars that can win it pretty easy, no need to go to 650PP, The LCC Rocket with SS tires wins easy, no pit stop needed, I generally run it with 500PP cars, some can win and some can not. In general so long as you stay under 400hp fuel is not an issue. If you on the other hand go with lots of power then you will need to stop once or maybe even twice for fuel. Also a light weight car is much easier on the tires than a heavy beast so the best cars are lightweight lower power and well balanced. Some of which can complete the race without needing to stop for tires or fuel

Yes I know there is a pit lane.. but the whole tire wear being exaggerated KILLS the fun of the race.. YOU CANT WIN.

Its rediculous... I can drive it easy not slide in corners and all that and I still have to pit on the 4th lap otherwise I will run out of gas before I get to the pits on the next lap..

THEN there are cars that DONT pit until the 6/7th lap.. how the hell is that possible?? Like I said it really kills the fun of the game.

I have been playing GT since the original Gran Turismo.. but the LACK of events in GT6, this whole thing in the super events really makes a disappointing game. They will be LUCKY if I buy GT7.. in the past I never bought new game systems until I had to because a new GT came out.. looks like I dont have to worry about ever buying a PS4!!

(I have never played any other system either.. never touched and xbox or anything.. before people start accusing me of being a fanboy of another game or whatever)
What car are you using?

If you want a fast car that has really low fuel/tire consumption, use the rocket.
Still, in those races you are supposed to do a pit stop, thats the point...

For the normal car races, I used the Ford GT 06 if memory serves and pitted once halfway through the race and had no issues with winning or running out of fuel

Easy cheat for the 750 pp races don't waste money buy the redbull x2014 junior
Everything else magically transformes into a junior to
Then it's easy as heck to win you can even lap them twice no pitting on de spa one pit on la sarthe

I won the regular car races with an efini RX-7, and a Viper ACR. Used the GT-R GT500 Base model for the 650 PP races, and won the Lemons race with the 787B.

Only really had trouble @ Le Mans with AI running me off the road.

Depending on the event I can do all laps. but on the last 2 laps I have to let it loose and ride. so I have enough fuel. For the ones with race cars you'll have get good distance ahead pit early and youll be fine.

Every Super races (a.k.a pseudo-endurance races) have that little thing, that it can used in an online lobby, called "consumption speed", where you can set the consumption of the tyres and fuel in a race. It goes from (maybe) Real, to Very Fast.

So...
... What do we have here? :mischievous:

Somebody else mentioned it elsewhere, but Rocket Rocket Rocket... Build it up a bit, and even with the exaggerated fuel and tire consumption, it'll run those enduros from end to end with no stops.

Rocket is no doubt a wonderful little car and it's unexpectedly capable for many upper level events.

But I'd suggest not to pursue so-called 'easy win', at least not to make it the only goal. Winning is joyful of course, but losing could be fun, too. Too many possibilities ahead are waiting for you. Just feel free to try anything.

Both high power high performance race cars and low power light weight 'sneakers' can get the job done and give you different experiences.

When taking the former, you'd probably need as many pit stops as opponents, so prepare yourself for a tight battle and give your best shot to gain positions as soon as possible. Most LMP cars are in this group.

In the latter cases, you'd need less or no pit stop at all, so you need significantly slower pace to compete or even win. Quite a few low power light cars do this. And I've been digging out more and more. (In events for road cars, don't overlook those FF hatch, mind you.) For me, this is one of the most enjoyable portion of this game. :D

On road car endurance races, the LCC Rocket is the weapon of choice.

But for 650 and 750 PP, I use the DeltaWing. Epic fuel consumption, decent amount of speed. Just don't lose concentration with it, thougn.

If you can drive the car you're in, then just about any one that meets the PP limit will do. You just have to not cook the tires, use RM instead of RS, and change your driving style to use only one pit stop.

What car are you using?

I had a goal of beating every race I possibly could with the Premium Skyline R34.. as I wanted to have as many miles/wins as possible but its a gas guzzler lol.. Then I tried my tuned CTS-V, C7 Vette, a couple lambos, C6 ZR1 vette and a few more.. it just irritated me enough at that point to make this post lol

Thanks for the feedback! I will give the Suzuki and the Deltawing a try.. the LCC Rocket is a surprisingly capable car as you guys are saying.. it just needs a 6th gear lol.

As others have said. The Rocket can win the 650PP ones easily without pitting.
Easy way to figure it, less power less fuel consumption.

You can win. Very, very easily in fact. I think because pretty much any car around 50pp below the limit will easily dominate, your driving is what we need to brush up on here.

Easy cheat for the 750 pp races don't waste money buy the redbull x2014 junior
Everything else magically transformes into a junior to
Then it's easy as heck to win you can even lap them twice no pitting on de spa one pit on la sarthe
I believe that was "fixed" in the last update. Using the RBJ gets you the regular field.

I was going to suggest using the Tommy Kaira ZZII for the Willow Springs 20 Mile race, but it sounds like the LCC Rocket is the way to go.

Here's something that took me a while to figure out: if you're pitting, the crew doesn't top off your tank, but gives you only as much fuel they think you need to finish the race, probably based on your fuel economy so far. So if you don't quite get as good mileage after that, you will run out, so make sure you dial up the fuel a few liters on your last (or only) pit stop.

You can win. Very, very easily in fact. I think because pretty much any car around 50pp below the limit will easily dominate, your driving is what we need to brush up on here.

You are probably right.. All I can use is my controller.. I have a DFGT wheel but could not find the settings to change the steering ratio in the game. To make a turn was a full and a half turn almost.. In GT5 there was a setting for this so I would only have to turn the DFGT wheels a half of a full rotation to get a full lock turn in the game.

You know, I wouldn't mind these events, even if I thought they were kind of strange. But the lack of fuel and gas consumption in Arcade mode makes me hate them and wonder what PD is doing.

I never do Endurances longer than two hours (because I can't sit more than two hours in front of tv), but I think it would be good if they bring back the normal Endurance races that we are all used to.

I don't remember which cars I used for every event, but I know the Viper ACR and the Corvette ZR1 RM where the most helpful. The only two events I had problems with were Silverstone and Apricot Hill.

Last edited:
I beat Willow with my black FXX. After 4th lap pit I blasted forward and kept myself on conservative driving till the last lap.

Apricot and Suzuka were handily beaten in my F1 GTR.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/willow-springs-20-mile-race.295908/

loads of race reports and car trials here from various drivers.

The tyre conservation aspect can be a bind as tyres tend to fall away with grip on low numbers and wear even faster - and worn tyres on some cars spell disaster when they go off... Mid engine or rear engine cars suffer from chronic oversteer for example if your rear tyres go off.

Fuel - some cars are on the cusp of being able to go none stop - if you are half way (Lap4 end of) and you have less than 50% fuel then you will need to pit or adapt your driving - short shifting - coasting into corners...

Drive Hard with a Vengeance

I recommend to blast ahead of them and start driving like James May would drive a Dacia Sandero.

Back