Super GT Thread ArchiveTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Appie
  • 1,268 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still confused as to why there are Gallardo's and Murcielago's in the GT300 class. I also notice the RE-Amemiya RX-7 has lost it's Asparadrink sponsors.

I'm still confused as to why there are Gallardo's and Murcielago's in the GT300 class. I also notice the RE-Amemiya RX-7 has lost it's Asparadrink sponsors.

Because GT500 went all expensive on them and they had to move to the more affordable lower class.

But the car did superb in his debut season winning the drivers and teams i think, but then it went downwards a bit. Can't wait to see the GT-R in action:D

Some folks have already noticed major profile similarities between the new GT500 "GTR" and the current GT500 "Soarer".

Considering that the cars are built on purpose designed tubular-spaceframe chassis and use dedicated racing engines (reportedly based on Formula Nippon engines, which are of the same spec as Indy Racing League engines) it doesn't surprise me that there's already some aerodynamic lookalike syndrome floating around.

Don't get me wrong, I wish Nissan all the best and can't wait to see this car in Xanavi or G'zox colors, but if you're going to call SuperGT a GT series, then you're going to have to admit that TransAm cars, despite their carburetors and locked rear axles, were GT cars too, and that'll pretty much debunk the whole argument against tube chassis in a nutshell.

Ah, Layla's Keeper. Long Time no see.

2008 Autobacs SuperGT Series Schedule
  • Round 1 - March 16th - Suzuka Circuit (300 km)
  • Round 2 - April 13th - Okayama International Circuit (300 km)
  • Round 3 - May 4th - Fuji Speedway (500 km)
  • Round 4 - June 22nd- Sepang Circuit, MAL (300 km)
  • Round 5 - July 27th - Sportsland Sugo (300 km)
  • Round 6 - August 24th - Suzuka Circuit (1000 km)
  • Round 7 - September 14th - Twin Ring Motegi (300 km)
  • Round 8 - October 19th - Autopolis (300 km)
  • Round 9 - November 9th - Fuji Speedway (300 km)
:sly:👍

2008 Autobacs SuperGT Series Schedule
  • Round 1 - March 16th - Suzuka Circuit (300 km)
  • Round 2 - April 13th - Okayama International Circuit (300 km)
  • Round 3 - May 4th - Fuji Speedway (500 km)
  • Round 4 - June 22nd- Sepang Circuit, MAL (300 km)
  • Round 5 - July 27th - Sportsland Sugo (300 km)
  • Round 6 - August 24th - Suzuka Circuit (1000 km)
  • Round 7 - September 14th - Twin Ring Motegi (300 km)
  • Round 8 - October 19th - Autopolis (300 km)
  • Round 9 - November 9th - Fuji Speedway (300 km)
:sly:👍

Wow, i didnt knew that SuperGT is starting this early. Cant'wait:D

Beating the 3rd-placing SC430 by 26 seconds apparently. But the downside is new limitations, damn it.

Just listen to her:

Looks like the Daytona Prototype is continuing to storm the GT300 field, too. Go Mooncraft Shiden! My favorite reskinned Riley MkXI!

RT-16_2006.JPG

You know, If a Daytona Prototype can compete in this series, then they must have a very open rules package.

The reason the Mooncraft Shiden is able to compete in the JGTC GT300 class is because there's actually a ROAD VERSION(!) available for purchase, just like its rivals the ASL Garaiya and the Vemac.

Personally speaking, I want one the way I want to lick caviar off of a Scandinavian blonde bombshell's thighs. There's something happily perverse about a race car turned into a street car so that it can be a race car again.

[/QUOTE]Personally speaking, I want one the way I want to lick caviar off of a Scandinavian blonde bombshell's thighs. There's something happily perverse about a race car turned into a street car so that it can be a race car again.[/QUOTE]

Thay has to be the best quote I've heard all year.:lol::lol:

BTW, do S15 Silvias still race in GT300?

BTW, do S15 Silvias still race in GT300?

No its 350Zs now and has been since 2003ish.

The ASL Garaiya was in GT4. As for the Shiden thats stupid but plausible. All current GT machines have to be based on a current model.

Hey, after driving some of the cars in Gran Turismo 5 i got really intrested in Super GT racing... just the problem is i cant find full 2010 season to catch up before 2011 starts... does anyone know any site sthat i can see most of 2010? and does anybody now any site where i can follow 2011 when it starts?

I was trying to find an answer for you and the first Google result I got was from a topic about this very same thing, right here on GTP, and from just last month. It was asking about UK coverage, but I don't know where you're from so I don't know if that will help you at all or not.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161472

I'm continuing to search for a better answer.

EDIT:
I found a list of European broadcasters. Unfortunately, it looks like it's all "Motors TV" which was already mentioned in the other thread.

http://supergt.net/supergt/broadcast/indexen.htm

Bring out your dead.... okay j/k with the Monty Python reference, but yeah, want to bump this thread.

New Honda HSV-010's in the SuperGT seem to be dominating over the GT-R's currently, nice looking kits on these cars!

super-gt-2010-suzuka-header.jpg

that's a Legacy?!? nice articles on this website in general, http://octanereport.com

Looking forward to Nakajima(中岛一贵) in Super GT!!! Hope Lexus can build a durable machine for him. Yuji Tachikawa(立川佑路) now has a new partner --- Richard Lyons no more in Super GT this year. Maybe see him in Le Mans Series or GT1 this year? Juichi Wakisaka now gone to Kraft, & some changes in Nissan camp as well --- but Nismo still has Satoshi Motoyama & Benoit Treluyer kept in their roster.
WedsSports & Mola now competing in GT500 class. Other than tat, no major changes.

Can't this just go in here? Just because a thread has fallen off the first page of a subforum, it doesn't mean it's okay to go creating threads that could reasonably be called duplicates. I know we try to avoid general discussion threads, but I don't think there's enough of a discussion to keep this thread alive for long. Especially since it would enhance the discussion in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back