Super GT Thread ArchiveTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Appie
  • 1,268 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Can't this just go in here?" Can't you just not ask? God knows why I've not seen a post called "Super GT thread" before I made one for 2011.
That's an exaggeration of what I felt, as I understand that you've seen people make such mistakes; I could just not write it but that is a potential mental response to how you put it.

Now then. I hate to say but I have to say, very few people would go dig out 5 pages of the forum, which I did after but not before I posted and I saw this post. I found out and felt regretted for a moment, but then rather looking forward to what time the mods are gonna catch this; and there you go, got me pretty swiftly.

You know what? I don't want to represent the most, I'll keep it subjective. The idea of using the search function, or going through everything when I saw a rather exciting piece of news which I thought the potential readers would feel the same, just wouldn't come up. I want to tell everyone, share my passion and wish those that reply would respond in such a way. And when I look silly because they are bored by what's included, I felt bad and it is such a huge turnaround of the mood that can run in my mind for a long time. This time maybe not too much of that because I knew what's coming. But how about those that didn't know?? Hope that you can understand how they would be feeling.

Have you read Charles Dickens' "Hard Times" or any other of his works? I'm rather sure you have. We are not utilitarian Mr. Bounderby, nor am I Mr. Gradgrind; we make mistakes, and create a thing called history which we never learn from; and we have emotions. So how about tolerate some weakness of humanity and exemplify the rule of law without asking those that did "crea(te) threads that could reasonably be called duplicates" "can't this just go in here?" Same goes for those telling people "is Googling harder than typing all these in here?". It is indeed harder in actual fact.

Now if you don't wanna answer someone's question because it's been answered so many times, fine, leave him/her alone. Making people feel idiotique isn't the way to do, it might be fun for those that do so, it also might ruin his/her day.

You might say why do they not know? Rules are told everywhere. The thing is, I don't optimise my order of reading threads; I go for the one interests me the most, which most of the time, wouldn't happen to be the sticked thread. And I am guessing a lot of people do roughly the same.

To sum up, I've explained why most people create threads already existing (not attempting to justify it, mind you), and why you should try your best not to hurt someone, even if they made a rather explicit offence of rules. Would you please not reply if you understood what I've said, and glad that you did. If you haven't, or similar content has been there, just delete it.

Bring out your dead.... okay j/k with the Monty Python reference, but yeah, want to bump this thread.

New Honda HSV-010's in the SuperGT seem to be dominating over the GT-R's currently, nice looking kits on these cars!

super-gt-2010-suzuka-header.jpg

that's a Legacy?!? nice articles on this website in general, http://octanereport.com

Nice car 👍

Suddenly, revival! How did this go so dead. Am I really the only one interested in Super GT now, ever :lol:

So anyway, to keep you guys updated, I'll just give a quick review of the 2011 season for you all. As a note all of the races were actually shortened due to the Japan disasters prior to the season starting.

5679006213_fd05df8c34_z.jpg

#48, the S Road MOLA GT-R, in the MOLA team's first year having moved up from GT300, took the GT500 championship this year, driven by Masataka Yanagida and Ronnie Quintarelli. Despite taking just the one win this year at Sugo, they also got 4 2nd places over the course of the year and never failed to finish outside of the points. Very fast qualifying pace was also key, with 6 front row starts and 3 pole positions at the end of the season. Yanagida also became the first driver to win both GT300 and GT500 titles, having won GT300 last year and in 2003.

Nissan-MOTUL-AUTECH-GT-R.jpg

Second was the Nismo entry, #23 Motul Autech GT-R, driven by Satoshi Motoyama and Benoit Treluyer (also winner of Le Mans this year). They managed 3 wins over the course of the season, including a win from 12th on the grid at Autopolis, but they were unable to do much elsewhere and their lack of consistency lost it for them this year by 11 points.

5677798624_15eea5bb3f_z.jpg

Last year's champions in the Weider Honda HSV-010 #18 were third, with two wins at Sepang and the 500km Suzuka race. Again though, they didn't show a great consistency and finished a whole 33 points down on the championship winning GT-R.

sgt-d3d-37.jpg

The highest finishing SC430 this year, in its last year before being switched out for the LFA, was the Zent Cerumo SC430. Even though they only finished 6th, they were the only team from Lexus to take a win all year, at Round 6 at Fuji. The Denso Sard SC430 came very close a few times and also took three pole positions over the year, but they fell away in those races. The '09 champion and the previous year's runner up, the Petronas Tom's SC430, never finished higher than 4th this year and Team Kraft also had a bad year (but you should have seen them at the Fuji Sprint Cup...damn).

5736977340_c0c41cfb4f_z.jpg

Meanwhile, in GT300, the first FIA GT winner since the 2003 JGTC - the BMW Hatsune Miku GoodSmile Racing Z4 - became the champion. Nobuteru Taniguchi finally got his first Super GT championship after many years having finished in the top 3, along with his team-mate Taku Bamba. Like the Motul Autech GT-R, it managed to get three wins, but crucially managed to stay in the points for all 8 races in the year. Eventually they were able to beat out their nearest challengers and took a 4-point overall win.

sgt-d3d-19.jpg

Second, in its debut year in Super GT was the Ferrari Jimgainer 458 GTC. They lead the championship for much of the way, with 4 second places, but crucially a lack of a win and also a failure to score at Round 6 cost them, and they were only able to finish 3rd place at the final round, losing the championship with it.

Last year's champion in GT300, the Hasemi Motorsport team, did not return this year. Neither did veterans of GT300 RE Amemiya for this year, with the first year without a Mazda or Nissan in GT300 since 1995 also resulting in a European Top 3 for the series, with the Hankook Porsche 911 coming in 3rd for the year.

There hasn't been any rosters or schedules released for 2012 just yet, but we already know one car that is coming to GT300 this year - the Subaru BRZ to replace the Subaru Legacy - and of course, the GT500 series will see Toyota moving from the SC430 to the LF-A. In addition, we have already seen a Prius GT300 in the works, and also a possible Honda CR-Z bodyshell for use in GT300. The question is...where will this all lead? :sly:

There hasn't been any rosters or schedules released for 2012 just yet, but we already know one car that is coming to GT300 this year - the Subaru BRZ to replace the Subaru Legacy - and of course, the GT500 series will see Toyota moving from the SC430 to the LF-A. In addition, we have already seen a Prius GT300 in the works, and also a possible Honda CR-Z bodyshell for use in GT300. The question is...where will this all lead? :sly:

Is there actually any written evidence that the Toyota GT500 teams will move to LFA? I'm not doubting you or anything (I'd love to see it happen, personally) but I just haven't seen it anywhere. ):

The schedule (I think) is up on the Japanese SuperGT website:
https://ww2.supergt.net/gta_media_room/2011gta_data/201_releas/gta_20111025.pdf

The move to LF-A's was talked about earlier last year... The Petronas Rendering looked amazing.

So are GT300 class car eligible for FIA GT3 races? I'm confused.

So are GT300 class car eligible for FIA GT3 races? I'm confused.

No, GT cars can be specced to GT500 or 300 specs. In GT500 they're usually kept largely stock but have big aero disadvantages. GT300 they can stay competitive though with a lot of power limiting.

I dont beleive theres an LFA for 2012 Super GT. However ive heard that Toyota is bringing a HEAVILY revised SC430 that tested in secret at Fuji 1 or two weeks ago when Toyota has its big test session for all its Customers in various series.

What I dont understand is why Toyota continues to race the SC430 when they cancelled production of the unpopular two seater. LEads me to believe that what was actually tested was a LFA Mule with the innner workings of the LFa with SC430 body work....(revised to act similar to the LFA aero). So maybe there really is an LFA?

I know the HSV is not in production either but the HSV was supposed to be the next NSX. And the next NSX is slated for production. The SC430 is dead. Theyre never making the coupe again so wh ycontinue in SGT with it...what marketing purpose could this ever serve?

I call the HSV an NSX. The GTR is well...a GTR. But the SC430?

Last edited:
Any word on a GT300 Toyota 86GT? Would seem an option for the future....

Any word on a GT300 Toyota 86GT? Would seem an option for the future....

Nope, only the BRZ. No point in having essentially the same cars in the same class. Besides, Toyota is campaigning the Prius GT300 car.

I've seen the renderings - certainly beautiful, but no means of actual confirmation that it's LFA. The closest thing I've seen to confirmation is a member of Team Petronas Tom's blog, which says a blurb about the SC430 next year. My Japanese is non-existent, so if someone could translate, that'd be great (:

http://gazoo.com/G-BLOG/GazooRacing12/466878/Article.aspx

Found an interesting part after my Google toolbar translated that article:

Well, this week will be interesting to Arimashi with various variety, SC430 for next year is likely to die before it runs through the eye of everyone in slightly different behavior.

Staff and TRD will face but sometimes, we can work out the result of feedback. From the tests could be a solid foundation we are now looking forward to.

Last edited:
Found an interesting part after my Google toolbar translated that article:

Spotted that as well...but then the Babel Fish translation sounds completely different after that.

Man...that looks like a big threat. Too bad they canned the 458 so early though...bet you they would have stuck with it if they'd won the series last year. Or at least gone to the GT3 Ferrari but that was already being considered by them...would have been interesting if they'd gone with the MP4-12C too but it'll be cool to see an R8 LMS here.

Man...that looks like a big threat. Too bad they canned the 458 so early though...bet you they would have stuck with it if they'd won the series last year. Or at least gone to the GT3 Ferrari but that was already being considered by them...would have been interesting if they'd gone with the MP4-12C too but it'll be cool to see an R8 LMS here.

The Audi R8 as a GT car seems to be gaining alot of traction around the world. Grand-Am is also using several. Maybe its the next GT3 RSR?

And suddenly, the Prius TC has become underwhelming.

Because at the time there was an artists rendering of a Prius GT300 in the Japanese motorsport magazine (Autosport maybe).

Because at the time there was an artists rendering of a Prius GT300 in the Japanese motorsport magazine (Autosport maybe).

That was of course after the first DLC was released back in October though. Remember that we found out about that at the exact same time the trailer for the GT 86 came out in December(along with Subaru showing the BRZ GT300 car).

So basically, no LF-A as people were hoping and claiming. Once more a reason why I despise lexus in Super GT:indiff:

Last edited:
The SC430 is going to be used for 2012 is down to having left over spare cars at the Toyota factory shops. After this season the SC is rumored to be replaced by the LF-A.

Apparently Toyota is tired of the SC430 being aerodynamically wonky. That, and isn't the SC430 been discontinued for a while now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back