Super GT Thread ArchiveTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Appie
  • 1,268 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuji is back to 500KM in its longer race and Suzuka goes back to 1000KM for the first time in 4 years.

http://supergt.net/en/

As a note, posting links that seem to be of the page you're looking for on the Super GT website will just link to the homepage. At least the actual articles will be found easily enough after that...

So is there any easy way of watching this year? Or is it back to Youtube for highlights.

Not this time there won't be me thinks. Though there are now full race vids on Youtube for the 2011 races.

Has anyone ever been to a Super GT race? I'm moving to Japan soon and I'm thinking about going to either Fuji or Suzuka. I'll be living in Tokyo, so Fuji will be more convenient, but my soon to be inlaws live in Nagoya near Suzuka.

Honda have revealed the CR-Z GT300 for real now.

1328597645_109024239.jpg

Page is linked in Japanese but you can clearly see from this image that Mugen are planning on a main entry for the CR-Z.

The SuperGT website got a bit of a facelift in recent weeks, but it looks like they've taken the English language section down in the process. Anyone here think they're giving the English part a similar revamp as well?

Nissan Announced it will enter the "NISMO GTR GT3" into the Japanese Super GT GT300 Class.
As usual the GTR will be campaigned in GT500 but this year marks the first time the R35 GTR will compete in GT300 aswell... the chassis is more similar to the production car aswell as using the V6 VR38 engine instead of the V8 used in GT500 as it now conforms to FIA rules... the GT300 team competing will be known as NDDP (Nissan Driver Development Program)

Nissan Announced it will enter the "NISMO GTR GT3" into the Japanese Super GT GT300 Class.
As usual the GTR will be campaigned in GT500 but this year marks the first time the R35 GTR will compete in GT300 aswell... the chassis is more similar to the production car aswell as using the V6 VR38 engine instead of the V8 used in GT500 as it now conforms to FIA rules... the GT300 team competing will be known as NDDP (Nissan Driver Development Program)

Very nice thanks for the infos

Why? Whats the point? The Nissan Z was a competitve GT300 package and a good marketing opportunity for the Fairlady Z. Now it's going to be confusing with GTRs (though very different looking cars, and easily differentiated by headlamp colour) in both classes.

Why? Whats the point? The Nissan Z was a competitve GT300 package and a good marketing opportunity for the Fairlady Z. Now it's going to be confusing with GTRs (though very different looking cars, and easily differentiated by headlamp colour) in both classes.

The GT300 Fairlady was based on the Z33, and the Z33 has been out of production for almost four years. Also, an FIA GT3 car can be campaigned elsewhere too, making it more financially viable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it really any less confusing at the time when Nissan was fielding the 350Z in both classes?

Also, how are you not gonna be able to tell apart a GT3 car from a GT500 car? Anybody who's familiar with FIA's GT regulations and Super GT's far more loose regulations should not have any trouble telling them apart. Also as stated, its more finacially feaseable since this is car that can be use everywhere...well almost.

I'd have thought they could run the 370Z in GT300 and the GT-R in GT500 to promote both cars?

I'd have thought they could run the 370Z in GT300 and the GT-R in GT500 to promote both cars?

It does seem odd that they never even seemed interested in replacing the 350Z with the 370Z at all. The way they seemed to be happy in campaigning it in international racing would make it seem like it was eventually coming to Super GT.

It's a shame that the FIA GT3 cars are running out the homegrown Japanese racers. Only a handful seem to remain, including the perennial Garaiya.

It's a shame that the FIA GT3 cars are running out the homegrown Japanese racers. Only a handful seem to remain, including the perennial Garaiya.

I seem to only count 11 GT3 cars out of those 25 entires, hardly running them out really. If It was around 17 or 18, then I'd be concerned.

I seem to only count 11 GT3 cars out of those 25 entires, hardly running them out really. If It was around 17 or 18, then I'd be concerned.

Its 17 to be precise but one is japanese (GT-R nismo GT3) You must have forgotten to count the porsches or the lambos or the ferraris or the BMWs or the Audis or the Aston or the Mercedes or the Corvette(they are all GT3 spec even if it isnt included in the name)

Are you concerned? Im not... actually I think its great... its one good change to drive a GT3 car in a future Gran Turismo game

Its 17 to be precise but one is japanese (GT-R nismo GT3) You must have forgotten to count the porsches or the lambos or the ferraris or the BMWs or the Audis or the Aston or the Mercedes or the Corvette(they are all GT3 spec even if it isnt included in the name)

You make it appear like I didn't count at all the way you worded that post. Pretty sure I did count the Audis, the BMWs, the Mercedes and Porsches. I could've sworn the Lambos were still the JLOC cars so didn't count them and I was under the impression the Corvette was that lone white one from years ago.

Last edited:
You make it appear like I didn't count at all the way you worded that post. Pretty sure I did count the Audis, the BMWs, the Mercedes and Porsches. I could've sworn the Lambos were still the JLOC cars so didn't count them and I was under the impression the Corvette was that lone white one from years ago.

The Corvette from last year was a GT3 spec car (Callaway is incharge of the GT3 corvette dev) and so were the Lambos - Jloc entered the 24h of dubay with at least one (GT3 spec)

What, not GT Academy?:indiff:

Maybe there will be in this time then. They did add the US last time. They can add Japan this time.

I think now I'm actually concerned. Why? Not so much with GT3 but with the slow dissappearance of GT300 cars. If the GT3 cars dominate this season and leave cars like the Garaiya and Shiden in the dust, then it'll very likely become another GT3 class. Those insane bodykits were what made GT300 unique from other lower end GT categories and on top of that, there's cars there you see racing that you wouldn't see anywhere else(like the Garaiya and Shiden I mentioned). It won't be so unique should those dissappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back