Super License woes.

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 33 comments
Trinidad and Tobago
Port of Spain
davidtsmith333
God damn they're so friggin hard. I've been really trying to cross this hurdle in order to proceed with no joy. I've cussed so many times trying to pass some of these time trial tests I'm just about ready to give up. I managed somehow (don't ask me how) to get bronze in let's see... S1 (Aprocot Hill Raceway), and S-3 (Silverstone The Stowe Circuit)....two so far. But the other three S2, S-4 and the dredded S-5, Ascari (with the heavy Veryron tank) for the life of me I just can't get by. I've read some of y'all advices and words of encouragement on same regarding the topic but trying to cross this hurdle now is really ticking me off. I wish there was someone whom I knew or even a stranger in my area who had done them and passed i.e proficient to come do the remaining for me and call that George. It's become too bloody frustrating.

Sorry but I just needed to rant.

I have got gold in the Super licences. What I recommend is have traction control off, ABS on 10 & then have Active stability manger on when it comes to FR, 4WD & MR cars. FF drive cars should have traction control off & active steering off since the car will go better around corners that way. Also I done this with controller not a wheel since I am a controller user.

Last edited:
Well after I posted that rant even though I said I had enough I just tried about 15 times on the S-5 with the tank. Persistency is a helluva ting.

I'll try your advice CaptainTNT having now seen it. Wish me luck.

One word.

PRACTICE :D

That is the only advise any one can give you belive me, when I first started out on GT6 I had TC-1 ,AS- strong(apart from the seasonals nowadays) and all the other aids on but now the on aids i use is the DL(for for judging my breaking points) and ABS set at 1, if not make some friends on GT6(or on this website) who has passed those tests, learn the lines they have taken and try and do the same, but
One word.

PRACTICE :D
that is the best option.

Thanks again for the encouragement guys. I think I needed that. Just tried again but still no luck.
I think the adjustments you recommended CaptainTNT made it a bit better handling though. I'll try again soon, maybe tomorrow. Cheers all.

Thanks again for the encouragement guys. I think I needed that. Just tried again but still no luck.
I think the adjustments you recommended CaptainTNT made it a bit better handling though. I'll try again soon, maybe tomorrow. Cheers all.
Do you use any driving aids? 4WD cars tend to perform better with out TCS and SRF from my experience.

That's what makes Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo.
It took me two and a half weeks to get gold on the S-Class Mission (Old meets New).
I use a DS3 with manual transmission and ABS=1 (nothing else).
I love it. I go away from the game for a while then come back and thrash it out again.

Practice makes perfect mate.

I have got gold in the Super licences. What I recommend is have traction control off, ABS on 10 & then have Active stability manger on when it comes to FR, 4WD & MR cars. FF drive cars should have traction control off & active steering off since the car will go better around corners that way. Also I done this with controller not a wheel since I am a controller user.

One thing. After I adjusted the default settings in "Driving Options" for the Super License Test as suggested, I noticed when I went to other races afterwards with a different car that the settings had remained and so was affecting the drivability a bit shaky. I thought the settings would have gone back to default after I finished the Super License. Problem is I can't remember the default settings so it wouldn't affect others cars and races. I would like to go back to default settings for those.

CaptainTNT or anyone else, how do I get the "Driving Options" back to the default settings. Do you recall the defaults or know how I could get them back? I'll check back tomorrow as it's now 11:59pm to see any responses.

Keep practicing, they're actually super easy especially in comparison to older S Licenses. I beat all the license tests by around 1-4s except for the GT86 one which for some reason I didn't beat by so much. All I can say though is keep practicing and you WILL get there.

For example the final S license (Veyron at Ascari) I didn't even do a clean lap but got a 2:10

One thing. After I adjusted the default settings in "Driving Options" for the Super License Test as suggested, I noticed when I went to other races afterwards with a different car that the settings had remained and so was affecting the drivability a bit shaky. I thought the settings would have gone back to default after I finished the Super License. Problem is I can't remember the default settings so it wouldn't affect others cars and races. I would like to go back to default settings for those.

CaptainTNT or anyone else, how do I get the "Driving Options" back to the default settings. Do you recall the defaults or know how I could get them back? I'll check back tomorrow as it's now 11:59pm to see any responses.

You have to manually turn driving aids back on. Just turn Active Stability Manager on, Active steering on & turn traction control back to 5.

To be honest with you, turn the driving aids (stick with ABS 1) off. They'll give you a lot more stability but they'll also limit the power when you're asking for it and cost you valuable time. ASM especially. If you need a bit of TC for middle and corner exit, drop it to one. Five cuts the power too much. Especially in the Veyron where you need it's power to get it's weight round the corners.

Grab the car they use in the license test and free run it on that track for a few laps to familiarize yourself with both. You'll gradually see your time drop into license test time territory.

Learn from your mistakes and persevere. You'll get there.

Just an update and rant. This Super License test is really ticking me off now. I just don't get why they had to make this so frikkin hard. I could understand make it damn hard to get gold and maybe silver but for crying out loud why make it so freaking hard to even get bronze to clear this license test series....Particularly referring to the last two...S-4 and S-5.

On the bright side I've managed to pass the first three....S-1, S-2 and S-3. Bronze. Hell I'll take bronze I'm not greedy. But for the life of me I just can't even manage to get bronze in S-4 and S-5 although I don't think my driving was all that bad. Mind you, I've tried now about a million times, tried different suggested driving options settings, watched numerous videos of those pros on steroids who say they passed the test easy making Gold to boot, as if to add insult to injury, rubbing salt in the wound. I've tried and tried and tried and tried up to just now but it is so freaking frustrating I'm just about to give up again. And just to be clear I am grateful for all the advice and words of encouragement given previously. I know...try and try again and don't give up. Well, easier said than done. I swear, if I knew of someone in my area who is a fellow GT6 player (could be a complete stranger I don't care right now) who passed these last S-5 and S-6 tests I'd pay him or her to come do it for me and call it George. But alas I don't know of anyone. Bloody frustrating to say the least. End of rant.

Just an update and rant. This Super License test is really ticking me off now. I just don't get why they had to make this so frikkin hard. I could understand make it damn hard to get gold and maybe silver but for crying out loud why make it so freaking hard to even get bronze to clear this license test series....Particularly referring to the last two...S-4 and S-5.

On the bright side I've managed to pass the first three....S-1, S-2 and S-3. Bronze. Hell I'll take bronze I'm not greedy. But for the life of me I just can't even manage to get bronze in S-4 and S-5 although I don't think my driving was all that bad. Mind you, I've tried now about a million times, tried different suggested driving options settings, watched numerous videos of those pros on steroids who say they passed the test easy making Gold to boot, as if to add insult to injury, rubbing salt in the wound. I've tried and tried and tried and tried up to just now but it is so freaking frustrating I'm just about to give up again. And just to be clear I am grateful for all the advice and words of encouragement given previously. I know...try and try again and don't give up. Well, easier said than done. I swear, if I knew of someone in my area who is a fellow GT6 player (could be a complete stranger I don't care right now) who passed these last S-5 and S-6 tests I'd pay him or her to come do it for me and call it George. But alas I don't know of anyone. Bloody frustrating to say the least. End of rant.
GTPlanet's guide book has descriptions and videos in it that might help you out.

However, both of those tests use cars that are very quick and quite understeery. Brake a little (a lot in the Veyron) earlier than you think you should, and only accelerate when you don't have to turn any more.

GTPlanet's guide book has descriptions and videos in it that might help you out.

Yeah I know. I bought the book earlier on when I saw it. Was very useful in guiding and giving insights along the way from the get go. Kudos to the author for making it available. Are you the author Famine? I'm thinking he was a founder and/or admin here but I don't see his name.

Yeah I know. I bought the book earlier on when I saw it. Was very useful in guiding and giving insights along the way from the get go. Kudos to the author for making it available. Are you the author Famine? I'm thinking he was a founder and/or admin here but I don't see his name.
Indeed I am :D Though @Jordan is the man responsible for editing and publishing the books and getting them out there.

Hope it helps you along some. If I recall I did all of the videos - even the licences - with the DS3, simply on the basis that it's what most players would use. I will say that a wheel will save time for most people, but it's a bit of an expensive path to take!

Thanks for confirming Famine. I was wondering if you were indeed the author (clue from your avatar) but wasn't sure. It is a great book and very cheap too in my opinion. Very comprehensive. You put some good work into that. I've referred to it often along the way. I also encourage others like me to get it also.

As for my status right now, I've been all through the Career stages from Novice right up to International A, passed all licenses, passed all races, achieved all stars. The Super License Tests of S-4 and S-5 remain which are bugging and evading me in order to proceed to the last Career "Super" stage.

Again, cheers on your book. Many thanks.

...Here's an idea: why don't you buy the offending bathtubs masquerading as supercars, take them to the tracks from the tests, and practice the hell out of it? Set the conditions similarly, and I don't see why not you can't improve.

Heh, this is what I did too. And it worked like a charm.

Last edited:

I just had to come and tell you all I FINALLY passed the last test, specifically the dreaded S-5 of the Bugatti Veyron which I previously hated so much because it gave me so much heartache before.
Well I just decided to give it one more go, as I had done from time to time. This time I said to myself..."myself, take a look again at the thread and check out the tips" as I recalled there was a particular one that had previously benefitted me well (in addition to others of course). It was the one quoted above there by @CaptainTNT .

While previously I wasn't as confident with the adjustment in one or two settings especially to take off Traction Control entirely, with the experience I now have with driving every day since I started in December I thought I might be better able to do it justice. So with TC set to "0" and ABS set to "10" (which compensated I imagine) as advised I was set to give it one more shot and off I went. Took about three tries but what I found was that I was managing way better than before with each one. And voila....I did it. I'm so happy. And the thing is before tonight I had pretty much given up on that S-5 eh. I was actually on the hunt to try and get someone else to come do it for me and call it George. But I'm glad I was able to finally do it myself.

Mind you, I only got Bronze in all of those final S-Licences eh but I'm pretty much content with that just happy to have completed them so now I finally could go on to the "Super" Career Mode races section.

I really want to thank you all for all the words of encouragement and all the fine tips. Cheers. You guys are truly the best.
And special thanks to CaptainTNT. I owe you one.

I've found that using Vision GT cars makes most of these races a doddle as there's no limitation on them at all, which I find to be abit silly imo.

I've run a Toyota FT-1 with an oil change that takes it to 645pp and has me running over a minute ahead of the competition on Brands Hatch, and the Chaparral X2 can just about be limited to 750pp and also run a minute ahead, even on Sarthe with me making repeated mistakes.
Although the FT-1 is closer to what you'd drive in JGTC races, the aerodynamic steering of the Chaparral and its brakes make the Super class feel like an average International B race, even with rain and fuel/tire depletion thrown in.

*sigh* I think the S class license is the only class of license I couldn't get all gold for, and all thanks to the 🤬 Veyron. This game really made me hate the car.

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I'm pretty sure that it got a lot harder to get good times in license tests now, even if the tests themselves are exactly the same. There was this update to GT6 that suddenly gave all stock cars a 6 degree toe out at the rear, which, in the context of the already reluctant to turn Veyron, made it feel like a dragster to corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
*sigh* I think the S class license is the only class of license I couldn't get all gold for, and all thanks to the 🤬 Veyron. This game really made me hate the car.

".....all gold for"? I was happy, no...exhilarated to get Bronze in all. I don't ever want to go back to those S-License tests again. Was happy to see the back of them. And I hear ya about the Veyron.

Last edited by a moderator:
God damn they're so friggin hard. I've been really trying to cross this hurdle in order to proceed with no joy. I've cussed so many times trying to pass some of these time trial tests I'm just about ready to give up. I managed somehow (don't ask me how) to get bronze in let's see... S1 (Aprocot Hill Raceway), and S-3 (Silverstone The Stowe Circuit)....two so far. But the other three S2, S-4 and the dredded S-5, Ascari (with the heavy Veryron tank) for the life of me I just can't get by. I've read some of y'all advices and words of encouragement on same regarding the topic but trying to cross this hurdle now is really ticking me off. I wish there was someone whom I knew or even a stranger in my area who had done them and passed i.e proficient to come do the remaining for me and call that George. It's become too bloody frustrating.

Sorry but I just needed to rant.

Don't feel bad David! I'm stuck on Super License International A. I simply cannot drive that damn Lamborghini or that Bugatti. It drives me crazy! LOL

Don't feel bad David! I'm stuck on Super License International A. I simply cannot drive that damn Lamborghini or that Bugatti. It drives me crazy! LOL

This is what finally helped me get over the hurdle with the Super Licence tests Testorz especially with the dreaded Veyron. Good thing to keep in mind. This advice from @CaptainTNT

I just finished these within the last month and also got all bronze. It took a hell of a time to get those last few down for me as well, so I'm glad you stuck with it! I'm actually about to do a Super class race or two now.

I just finished these within the last month and also got all bronze. It took a hell of a time to get those last few down for me as well, so I'm glad you stuck with it! I'm actually about to do a Super class race or two now.

They are rough indeed. Can't tell you the amount of times I cuss and got high blood pressure and smoked a lot more. Many times giving up after numerous times but then going back to try "one more time". Was pure pressure.
I actually gave up and was searching for somebody who had passed them before to come do it for me such was the predicament. And then by some leap of faith after I had reached out to somebody with the intention to come do it for me (the last two...S-4 and S-5) while I was waiting a response gave it one more try with the last suggestions I outline earlier.... ((((BOOM))))....I did it. Bronze eh, but still I ran with it and celebrated and that was that. Was sure glad to get that over-with.

Back