Super Touring (TOCA2/WTC/RACE07/GTR2)

Do not get motion joy under any circumstances. it's bugged and has wares built in very bad advice Jason ... That thing has caused so many people to reinstall windows as it messes the drivers up
I used motionjoy for many months with no issues.

So i'm happy to say I have initial permission to release part #1 of a UI mod designed for the Super Touring mod for menu screens, etc.

And as promised, it is released!

117841.jpg

117842.jpg

117843.jpg

117844.jpg

117845.jpg

Link

Don't think there's a better place to put this.

Just got the original TOCA Race Driver for PC and went to install it, that didn't work but found a guide on the Codemasters forums to install it. Now it's installed but won't start.

Just loops on the hardware configuration every single time.

Don't think there's a better place to put this.

Just got the original TOCA Race Driver for PC and went to install it, that didn't work but found a guide on the Codemasters forums to install it. Now it's installed but won't start.

Just loops on the hardware configuration every single time.

Similar issue can happen with gtr2 make sure all config files and the game exe are set to run as administrator.

Similar issue can happen with gtr2 make sure all config files and the game exe are set to run as administrator.
Actually sorted it. When installing I forgot to put some .big files into the gamedata folder and needed to install the 1.1 patch.

Sorry to bump this old thread but TOCA2 runs on Windows 10 as well :D

1. Copy CD-ROM to a folder of your choice
2. Go into Game folder
3. Open TC2.exe with hex editor
4. Scroll down to offset 0x706ED (row 000706E0, column 0D) and change 7E to EB
5. Save TC2.exe
6. Create ISO
7. Connect ISO as cd
8. Run full setup
9. Play game

Last edited:
This seems like the most recent appropriate thread, so...

Is anyone else having trouble getting Race 07 to run in Steam? It'll load up, I can select the car and track. It gets to the point where it says it's initializing and then crashes and gives a minidump code. I could post the code here if need be

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, verified the game cache in Steam but no joy

Thanks in advance 👍

This seems like the most recent appropriate thread, so...

Is anyone else having trouble getting Race 07 to run in Steam? It'll load up, I can select the car and track. It gets to the point where it says it's initializing and then crashes and gives a minidump code. I could post the code here if need be

Thanks in advance 👍

Run as admin, and re-do Graphics Configuration? Works with GTR2 and RF online for me and Race07 has a similar structure.

And anyone want to see some work i'm doing track wise?

You know, if any series has made touring car racing great, it has been Codemasters with the ToCA games. The racing only got better once they decided to branch out to many more motorsports disciplines starting with Pro Race Driver (and its thug AI). I honestly have never played (or remember playing) ToCA 2. "ToCA World Touring Cars" (I refuse to go by its American name of "Jarrett and LaBonte Stock Car Racing") is one of the best racing games on the PlayStation 1. It just has that sort of gritty style that is also fun.

Earlier this year, I bought GTR2 on Amazon. I kind of stayed away from GTR2 but really like how it plays. Part of me wants to get into the modding realm and design stuff for it. Who knows? I could even try my hand at fantasy racing series that I may share online just like what you fine GTPlaneteers are posting on YouTube.

I regret a lot of things in my life. Ever since trying to upgrade my previous PC's RAM, I did so in hopes of getting RACE 07. I never got to get RACE and still haven't bought RACE 07. That will be the next game I want to get online (not doing the Steam version). What draws me most to the RACE series is the various forms of racing. Most of them are like lower-level or mid-level racing, but you also get to race on MANY tracks in many nations. You even get to take on perhaps the most brutal street course in the world- the Macau Guia Circuit.

Needless to say, all of the games mentioned in this thread are all quality games. I'd surely recommend them to any and all racing games players. Play at least one of these games mentioned in this thread.

@JohnBM01 RAce07 is a disappointment for me. There's a lot more cars and tracks yes, but the physics and FFB have been dumbed down by Simbin compared to GTR2. That being said, if you only drive with a keyboard/gamepad it's not so bad.

If you like older/vintage cars I'd suggest getting GTR2's Power & Glory mod. It's taking GT Legends' cars and GTR2's tracks, and improved the physics/graphics/sounds. Absolutely amazing and best of all it's free! 👍

Automobilista is also great, but it's more Formula based than touring.

Thanks in advance 👍

Are you running any mods? I have only ever experienced this problem when running mods. The solution in that event is a clean re-install and adding the mods back in, hopefully you know what the problematic mod is. It's usually a carset and not a track.

Are you running any mods? I have only ever experienced this problem when running mods. The solution in that event is a clean re-install and adding the mods back in, hopefully you know what the problematic mod is. It's usually a carset and not a track
Thanks for taking the time to post 👍 No, its not a mod I'm afraid. I have the same issue after a clean re-install :(

I was about to post the same suggestion as Liquid.

The reason it's normally a carset is because Race07 and the various Simbin add ons (Race On, STCC2) all have a specific car value for each car. The issue is, there is only something like 255 car values that you can use. If you install a car or carset and it causes the game to crash it's normally because you have 2 different cars in the same value. I found a BTCC mod a while back where each year's car was a different value. Considering that it was a 2002-2011 mod, there were a lot of car values. So, I took an afternoon and went through and cleaned the entire thing up. I'm sure that there is a launcher that could have taken care of it, but be a bit careful with multiple car mods running at the same time 👍

Bringing this back from the dead...:)

Downloaded Race '07 with the new BTCC mods. Absolute fantastic work. Got incar displays working and figured out how to fix windowed mode.

Only thing that isn't working is the Silverstone Mod, it keeps crashing and screen stays black.

Anyone found a solution for this?

Latest Posts

Back