Supercar Handicap Championship, It's over folks. Massive thankyou to all who took part.

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 277 comments
United Kingdom
England
Zolon32
Greetings folks. The Racers Reunited Coupe Trinity Championship of 2017 provided tight, clean racing, and a tight Championship too, which Jammy eventually won.

Time for a GT Sport version...​

The three Supercars in question are, Lambo Huracan LP610-4, McLaren MP4-12c, Ferrari 458 Italia. With 558BHP and 1552kg the McLaren is slightly slower than the Ferrari, set at 591BHP and 1514kg, which is slightly slower than the Lambo, delivering 638BHP and weighing in at 1450kg. Ideal!

Tuning will be prohibited, but the weights/BHP can still be adjusted. In order to get the McLaren up to 1552kg you must 'level up' to level 4 in the settings. This allows the weight to be set at 115%.

supercar trio.jpg

There will be eight weeks of racing, with two races per meet. The lap count for the first will be set so that it lasts around fifteen minutes. The cars will have S/M tyres, with fuel and tyre depletion set at No1. ** OWING TO THE DIFFICULTIES ON 13TH FEB, WE WILL INCORPORATE THE 2ND RACE FROM THAT MEET INTO THE MEETING ON 20TH FEB. ALL THREE RACES WILL BE SHORTER THAN USUAL IN ORDER FOR THIS TO TAKE PLACE.**

The second race will have three times as many laps, and last around forty-five minutes, with fuel set at 1X and tyres at 4X. In that second race, both S/S and S/M tyres must be used, but you get only one set of S/S. You can start on either S/M or S/S, but once you have trashed your S/S, it's S/M for the rest of the race. Starting grid will be reverse of first race finish.

The handicap will kick in after the first race of the series (for which everyone will use the Ferrari). Under the handicap, the fastest third of the drivers in the championship will drive the McLaren, with those who's results are in the lowest third being given the keys to the Lambo. The drivers in the mid field will use the Ferrari.

The cars drivers are allocated may change from race to race, dependent upon his/her results.

TRACKS:

Week 1. Dragon Trail, Seaside. 7 laps, 21 laps.

Week 2. Autodrome Lago Maggiore GP Reverse. 6 laps, 18 laps. McLaren at 93% power. Lambo at 106% power

Week 3. Maggiore GP Reverse,12 laps. Kyoto Driving Park, Yamagiwa+Miyabi 4 laps and12 laps.

Week 4. Alsace Village Reverse. 7 laps and 21 laps.

Week 5. Dragon Trail, Seaside Reverse. 7 laps and 21 laps.

Week 6. Autodrome Lago Magiore GP.

Week 7. Kyoto Driving Park, Yamagiwa Reverse. 8 laps and 23 laps.

Week 8. Alsace Village. 7 laps and 21 laps.

The points system will be 15 for 1st, 13 for 2nd, 11 for third, then one less per place. There will be a bonus point for fastest lap.

The results of your worst week will be discounted, allowing everyone to miss a week where necessary, without losing out too much. **DUE TO THE PROBLEMS IN WEEK TWO, THIS RULE WILL APPLY TO YOUR TWO WORST RACE SCORES, WHICH MAY BE ON TWO DIFFERENT WEEKS. BUT, IF SOMEONE DOES MISS A WEEK, THEN THEY ONLY DROP TWO SCORES.**

And, when all the racing is over, the champion will be able to claim this magnificent trophy, lovingly crafted by my own fair hands from the very finest of random offcuts of wood...

2018 trophy.JPG

@jammy21 Come and defend your title!

@numbnuts70 @AndreasR @lunchbox147 @buybon355 @IfAndOr @Sutsagrd @Team_SWE_1 @JockeP22 @Famine @Venari @SerenityRiver @qken @Mr Gear and anyone else who is prepared to commit to compete throughout the Championship, please indicate your interest.

Oops, better mention room settings... the usual :)... although, BoP, tuning prohibited.

Gents, I feel the need to clarify the car specifications thing.Where a driver is allocated the McLaren, then he uses the McLaren with the power set at 93%, and weight set at 115%.

When he is allocated the Ferrari, then he can use either the Ferrari, set at 105% power, and 102% weight, or (because the Ferrari can be tricky to drive) the McLaren set at 98% power and 112% weight.

Those who are allocated the Lambo use that car set to 106% power and 102% weight.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Right folks, there has been a little shuffling around regarding who's on the primary signup list and who's on reserves. Here is how we stand.

Signups:
Venari.

Qken.

BB.

Famine.

Sparkz.

Andreas.

Goofy.
Filo.

Numbnuts.

Mr Gear.

Jocke.

Harsk.

Zo.

@CrazyJohn

@Sutsagrd

Reserves:
IfAndOr.

Holsy.

Jammy.

Koutch.

Rinsky.

Last edited:
And we have our first results...

Race 1 at Dragon Trail, Seaside.

1/ John. 2/ Andreas. 3/ Venari. 4/ BB. 5/ Goofy. 6/ Famine. 7/ Jocke. 8/ Zo. 9/ Koutch. 10/ Russ.

Race 2.

1/ Zo. 2/ Andreas. 3/ Famine. 4/ Goofy. 5/ Jocke. 6/ Venari. 7/ BB. 8/ Harsk. 9/ Russ. 10/ Koutch.

Maggiore GP Reverse.

Race 1. 1/Harsk (fastest lap bonus) 2/ Nuts. 3/ Zo. 4/ Goofy. 5/ Filo. 6/ BB. 7/ Andreas. 8/ Suts. 9/ Sparkz. 10/ Famine. 11/ Russ. 12/ Qken. 13/ Jocke. 14/ Paul. (Hell of a turnout fellas!)

Race 2.

1/ Sparkz. 2/ Famine. 3/ Andreas. 4/ Zo. 5/ Harsk. 6/ Venari(Fastest lap). 7/ Jocke. 8/ Suts. 9/ Goofy. 10/ Koutch. 11/ John. 12/ Russ. 13/ Nuts. 14/ Paul.

YAMAGIWA+MIYABI.

Race 1.

1/ Nuts. 2/ Sparkz. 3/ Suts (Fastest lap). 4/ Venari. 5/ Zo. 6/ Famine. 7/ Harsk. 8/ Andreas. 9/ Goofy. 10/ Koutch. 11/ John. 12/ Jocke. 13/ Paul. 14/ Russ.

Race 2.

1/ Nuts (Fastest lap). 2/ Famine. 3/ Zo. 4/ Sparkz. 5/ Andreas. 6/ Suts. 7/ Harsk. 8/ Goofy. 9/ Koutch. 10/ Paul. 11/ Venari. 12/ Russ.

Alsace Village II.

Race 1.

1/ John (Fastest lap bonus). 2/ Zo. 3/ Jocke. 4/ Goofy. 5/ Harsk. 6/ Sparkz. 7/ Andreas. 8/ Famine. 9/ Paul. 10/ Nuts. 11/ Suts.

Race 2.

1/ Sparkz. 2/ Zo. 3/ Famine. 4/ John (Fastest lap bonus) 5/ Andreas. 6/ Goofy. 7/ Jocke. 8/ Harsk. 9/ Suts. 10/ Paul. 11/ Nuts.

Dragon Trail II.

Race 1.

1/ Harsk. 2/ Venari. 3/ Koutch. 4/ Nuts. 5/ Sparkz. 6/ Andreas. 7/ Suts. 8/ Zo. 9/ Goofy. 10/ Famine. 11/ Jocke (fastest lap). 12/ BB.

Race 2. 1/ Zo. 2/ Suts. 3/ Jocke. 4/ Nuts (fastest lap) 5/ Sparkz. 6/ Harsk. 7/ Famine. 8/ Goofy. 9/ Koutch. 10/ Venari. 11/ Andreas. 12/ BB.

Lago Maggiore GP.

Race 1.

1/ Goofy (Fastest lap). 2/ Andreas. 3/ Sparkz. 4/ Famine. 5/ John. 6/ Koutch. 7/ BB. 8/ Harsk. 9/ Suts. 10/ Nuts. 11/ Zo. 12/ Paul.

Race 2.

1/ Suts. 2/ Koutch (Fastest lap). 3/ Goofy. 4/ Famine. 5/ BB. 6/ Andreas. 7/ Sparkz. 8/ Zo. 9/ Nuts. 10/ Harsk. 11/ Venari. 12/ John.

YAMAGIWA

Race 1.

1. Venari (Huracan)
2. CrazyJohn (Huracan) +FL
3. JockeP22 (Huracan)
4. numbnuts70 (McLaren-488)
5. Sparkz_360 (McLaren)
6. buybon355 (Huracan)
7. Famine (Ferrari)
8. Koutch_Pro (Huracan)
9. AndreasR (McLaren)
10. Goofy(McLaren)

Race 2
1. CrazyJohn (Huracan) +FL
2. AndreasR (McLaren)
3. Famine (Ferrari)
4. Venari (Huracan)
5. buybon355 (Huracan)
6. Goofy (McLaren)
7. Koutch_Pro (Huracan)
8. Sparkz_360 (McLaren)
9. JockeP22 (Huracan)
10. numbnuts70 (McLaren-488)

With which my sheet calculates the new standings as:
1 Zo - 120pt/4.67 (McLaren)
2 Sparkz - 117pt/4.67 (McLaren)
3 Andreas - 117pt/5.36 (Ferrari)
4 Famine - 115pt/5.36 (Ferrari)
5 Goofy - 104pt/6.14 (Ferrari)
6 Nuts - 96pt/6.58 (Lamborghini)
7 Harsk - 93pt/6.00 (Ferrari)
8 John - 92pt/5.33 (Ferrari)
9 Venari - 87pt/6.45 (??)
10 Suts - 80pt/6.40 (??)
11 Jocke - 75pt/7.27 (Lamborghini)

12 Koutch - 73pt/7.55 (Lamborghini)
13 BB - 62[t/7.11 (Lamborghini)
14 Russ - 16pt/11.33 (Lamborghini)
15 Paul - 16pt/11.71 (Lamborghini)

This gives us the following positions in the Championship WITH TWO LOWEST RESULTS REMOVED PER DRIVER.

The entries go like this... Name/ Points/ Average finish position-Car allocation for next WEEK. (We will complete both races at each meeting in the car we are allocated at the end of the previous meeting from now on folks. So, if you have the time, you can practice in the knowledge that you won't be having to change cars. And we can move quickly from race 1 to race 2 without messing around with car changes.)

Zo. 120 /4.67-McLaren.

Sparkz. 117/ 4.67-McLaren.

Andreas. 117/ 5.36-Ferrari.

Famine. 115/ 5.36-Ferrari.

Goofy. 104/ 6.14-Ferrari.

Nuts. 96/ 6.58-Lambo.

Harsk. 93/6.0-Ferrari.

John. 92/ 5.33-Ferrari.

Venari. 87/ 6.45-Lambo.

Suts. 80/6.4-Lambo.

Jocke. 75/ 7.27-Lambo.

Koutch. 73/ 7.55-Lambo.

BB. 62/ 7.11-Lambo.

Paul. (Ignore me, I'm just looking :)).

Where drivers are on the same points, I have used their average finishing position to separate them.

I am (still) conscious of the fact that it's pretty uncool to lead a championship of your own fellas. But no one is going to take this lying down, and there are several drivers in this series who can show me a clean pair of heals. COME ON TOMORROW!

Last edited:
I think Zolon tagged everyone via an edit on his original post - you wouldn't get a notification that way. So I'll just tag you all again. Except for Jammy and Suts who I see have spotted it.

@numbnuts70 @AndreasR @lunchbox147 @buybon355 @IfAndOr @Team_SWE_1 @JockeP22 @Famine @Venari @SerenityRiver @qken @Mr Gear @Aaroh @Sparkz_360
Please see above for a chance to win a work of art trophy which would look good in on any fireplace.

@Zolon32 - It's Tuesdays so I should usually make it to most of the meetings. There maybe times I might have to drop out of the longer race but I'll see how it goes.
I just need the game to give me two of the cars and I'll be sorted. Yes I'm a skinflint. :)

Zo could you give more info for room/event settings? What is BoP - N600? What you can tune? Is there setting No Tunning?
(I had played GTS so little that this is littel confusing)

Zo could you give more info for room/event settings? What is BoP - N600? What you can tune? Is there setting No Tunning?

Hi Jammy. BoP means Balance of Performance, and N600 is the class of car these three come under. BoP in the room settings automatically adjusts the power and weight settings to try to make motors from the same class run the same lap times. In this case they're too close, so I'm binning the BoP thing, and applying my own power/weight settings, so that the differences between the cars are slightly greater.

Unfortunately there is no option to prohibit tuning in a room, so, apart from the power and weight limits, other adjustments, to suspension and gearing will be open.

The room will be set to have light damage, strong short cut penalty, ABS and Driving Line allowed, but all other assists prohibited.

Got my cars ready...

20180104142435.jpg

Folks, as mentioned above BoP is out of the window. The Huracan will have 100% settings for power and weight, 601BHP and 1422kg. The Ferrari will be at the same as with BoP, 591BHP and 1514kg, whilst the McLaren takes a BHP hit, set at 570BHP and 1525kg

Cheers, Zo.

sign me up #23
I may not be able to join the first race week. Because my wife is expected to have our 2nd kid February 6th
:)

Can you enable this tuning prohibited feature, but still allow the changes to weight and power to be manually adjusted?

Can you enable this tuning prohibited feature, but still allow the changes to weight and power to be manually adjusted?

Tuning prohibited restricts all setting for suspension differential and transmission. Bop or specific HP and weight restrictions are determined with their own settings. With BoP on as the OP suggests, I think those are the numbers he posted in the initial post in this thread. There is no way to set different HP or weight by car type in a race other than BoP or to leave it free to adjust by each driver.

There is now a tuning prohibited option in private lobbies.

Thanks Ticles. That's thrown a bit of a spanner in the works! But, given that almost all of the racing I've done with Racers Reunited has been with tuning prohibited, I'll revert to BoP and have fixed stock settings... Back to the OP...

sign me up #23
I may not be able to join the first race week. Because my wife is expected to have our 2nd kid February 6th

Congratulations Qken :) I'll pop you on.

Sign me up #77. Need to practice those reverse tracks.

Got you BB. Don't worry too much about the tracks, there's plenty of time (said a fella who's virtually retired.)

Cheers, Zo.

So is it now BoP (N600) with no tuning?

I'll start 8 weeks studing from Monday which will restrict my free time as my game playing, but I'm interested to join as much as I could.
I'll use #21.

As it happened I'd actually got all the cars. Who'd think you could miss a Ferrari and Lamborghini parked in your garage!

So I've got the motors ready. I visited the livery editor and hours later (because I didn't know what I was doing) they emerged.

Pictures to follow...

Last edited:
Bloody hell it's like driving on an ice-rink!

You sure it's S/H tyres for 15 minutes?

You sure it's S/H tyres for 15 minutes?
And the second 45 minute race has 10X tyre wear! :eek:

I've spent so long tarting the cars up in the livery editor that I haven't actually tried them out on track yet. It sounds like this might be a good idea.

(Did you get the drivehub talking to your wheel at all?)

Nope, I'm on sticks. In Arcade Timetrial mode I'm pulling a 1m55 with a very nervous throttle thumb. I reckon I can put three laps together - i.e. the chances of a full spin in any one lap the way I drive is about 50-50.

I'm faster in the McLaren though. And then, correctly, faster in the Lambo. Which, you know, actually has some traction. :D

Last edited:
I´m in - thinking of a "Snoopy"-liverie for the cars.

@Zolon32 Are you really sure with SH tyres? And what if I need a second pitstop - am I getting a penalty then?
And - one more - when exactly do we have to use those other cars after the first race? Is this after the first 7 laps sprint race or after the first racing day?

So is it now BoP (N600) with no tuning?

Joy of joys Jammy, the 'no tuning' restriction still allows for a reduction in BHP. So, we'll be running no tuning, with the Lambo with it's full power, and the McLaren on 570BHP, with the Ferrari somewhere in between, similar to BoP.

Are you really sure with SH tyres?

Okay fellas, I feel that there is a desire to go for something more grippy. We'll move the tyres up one grade, replacing S/M with S/S and S/H with S/M.

That being the case, I'll reduce the wear rate...

And the second 45 minute race has 10X tyre wear! :eek:
... to 8X :)

when exactly do we have to use those other cars after the first race?

Yes, the handicap will kick in straight away Andreas. So, for instance, if you were to win the first 7 lap race, then you'd start the second race in pole position in the McLaren.

And what if I need a second pitstop - am I getting a penalty then?

Good point. I introduced that to stop people from doing the whole race, except for one lap, on the grippier tyres. But, it would be wrong to put people in the position that they can't have a 2nd pitstop for any reason. Therefore, the ruling shall be, any number of pitstops are allowed, however, a driver may only use S/S once during the race.

Only just got round to reading this, definitely interested. Count me in #31 :cheers:.

Smashing Sparks, you're in.

I shall present myself for this.

Not too graphically I hope Famine!

I will join you all.
My number is 21.
See you soon it's now only 1 week left of my vacation

Splendid Goofy, I trust your stay in sunny Spain has been a pleasant one? Oops, sorry fella, I just noticed that Jammy has beaten you to No 21. Do you have any other in mind?

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Splendid Goofy, I trust your stay in sunny Spain has been a pleasant one? Oops, sorry fella, I just noticed that Jammy has beaten you to No 21. Do you have any other in mind?

Then I go for #55

See you all soon.

Hi Z,

Due to my bad habit of not signing in each site visit and consequently not seeing notifications, I've only just seen this event.

Am I too late for a spot on the grid, my good man?

Filling up nicely @Zolon32 👍

If it does get full I'd quite happily relinquish my place and drop to a reserve. My attendance is unfortunately never completely predictable so you might as well have someone who could possibly attend all rounds. There's usually room for a spare one anyway.

Back