Supercar Handicap Championship, It's over folks. Massive thankyou to all who took part.

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 277 comments
I don't make it next week races - too busy with real life commitments. It's seems that I'm too busy anyway so Zo put me as reserve driver. I'll try to join you maybe couple of last races.

I'm hugely sorry to hear that Jammy, it won't be the same without the guy who won the last Championship taking part. But life does go on out side GT, so they tell me :)

Cheers, Zo.

Got my cars done tonight, the liveries anyway.
I haven't put a single mile on them yet. You know me with regards to tuning,
I'm hopeless.

The Swedish Car
The decals are all Swedish companies and logos. These are the signs you will see
if you ever visit this weird country up north.

The Nerd Car

The Horror Car

@gkgamer I think you're the only one that hasn't been tagged in here.
So, now you're tagged. Can't remember if you acquired the full game or
not after the beta.

any places left in this?
'm interested to join. 👍

The series has already got a full compliment of signups, and some reserves folks. However, it is always the case that some people who sign up to events like these don't turn up, or drop out after a week or two. I expect that you will be able to join us if you would like.

The system we have in place is that those on the primary signup list can join the room at any time before 8:30pm GMT. If the room isn't full, then the reserves can join between 8:30pm and 8:40pm, when the racing will begin. I will put your names down as reserves, and I honestly think that, come 8:30pm, you will find that there are still places available; that's just the way these things go.

@banckzy you'll need to send me a F/R, because the room will be friends only.

@gkgamer I think you're the only one that hasn't been tagged in here.
So, now you're tagged

Thanks Jocke, and sorry Gamer. It was out of sight out of mind I'm afraid. But it would be great to have Gamer aboard, especially since we're not doing Suzuka in the wet, I seem to recall he was embarrassingly quick in those conditions.

Right folks, there has been a little shuffling around regarding who's on the primary signup list and who's on reserves. Here is how we stand.

Signups:

Venari.

Qken.

BB.

Famine.

Sparkz.

Andreas.

Goofy.

Chris.

Filo.

Numbnuts.

Mr Gear.

Holsy.

Jocke.

Zo.

@CrazyJohn

@Sutsagrd

Reserves:

IfAndOr.

Jammy.

Jaysee.

Koutch.

Banckzy.

Harsk.

You know me with regards to tuning,
I'm hopeless.

There's no tuning Jocke. You just do the 'level up' thing in 'settings', and adjust the power/weight accordingly.

That reminds me everyone, don't forget to set you Ferraris to 103% power and 102% weight for the racing tomorrow. Those are its settings throughout the competition.

Cheers, Zo.

The series has already got a full compliment of signups, and some reserves folks. However, it is always the case that some people who sign up to events like these don't turn up, or drop out after a week or two. I expect that you will be able to join us if you would like.

The system we have in place is that those on the primary signup list can join the room at any time before 8:30pm GMT. If the room isn't full, then the reserves can join between 8:30pm and 8:40pm, when the racing will begin. I will put your names down as reserves, and I honestly think that, come 8:30pm, you will find that there are still places available; that's just the way these things go.
Ok Zolon. In that case, I want to go with number #3 please. 👍

There's no tuning Jocke. You just do the 'level up' thing in 'settings', and adjust the power/weight accordingly.
Excellent, thanks Zo.
I haven't done any level-upping on any car in this game as of yet, but I'm sure I'll find the level-upping-thing-a-majig-button somewhere.

@Zolon32 , sorry but I don't think I'll be able to make this tomorrow mate so give my place away to one of the reserves for the series please fella.

Apologies for the short notice and all.

Have some epic racing all. :gtpflag:

Hoki koki Nuts. You'll be missed you know.

@RealJaySee this puts you into the primary list for tonight, so you can join as soon as the room is open if you like.

Cheers, Zo.

Damn, im not available tonight :/ most Tuesday nights in fact. I'll try to join as much as i can in the upcoming races!

Pfieuw, got the cars ready at least ! Thanks for the reserve spot!
Haven't driven 2 of them for a single meter yet...
6061868272073048588_0.jpg

5053624897376388620_0.jpg

Just making sure that lead cars do recognize that this is a student driver :lol:. If you would get too close in the back, you will hit the wall ;).

Hi guys! My wife and I had a little daughter earlier today! So I can not join the race tonight. But see you all next week.
Congratulations with the birth of you're daughter! Get you're sleep while you can and enjoy!

Pfieuw, got the cars ready at least ! Thanks for the reserve spot!
Haven't driven 2 of them for a single meter yet...

Just making sure that lead cars do recognize that this is a student driver :lol:. If you would get too close in the back, you will hit the wall ;).

You need this: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/discover/search/decal/decal/2357793/5980789114746733592

That's how you tell a newbie racer in the real world. :D It's about 150mm square in real life, and it put on the back bumper, usually to the left. I think. (Doesn't matter.)

See:

DSC01182.jpg

sign me up #23
I may not be able to join the first race week. Because my wife is expected to have our 2nd kid February 6th
:)

Hi guys! My wife and I had a little daughter earlier today! So I can not join the race tonight. But see you all next week.

Kid was bang on time! Rally driver in the making.

Hi guys! My wife and I had a little daughter earlier today! So I can not join the race tonight. But see you all next week

Congratulations Qken. You know what they say, the first eighteen years are the hardest ;)

Hey Zo, sign me up as a reserve 👍

It'll be good to see you Aaroh, it's been a while :)

I don't know if I'll make it home in time

If you can make it for the second race you'll be welcome Filo.

CALLING ALL THOSE ON THE RESERVE LIST. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO JOIN THE ROOM AS SOON AS IT IS OPEN (about 15 minutes from now), I REALLY DON'T THINK THAT WE'LL HAVE MORE THAN 16 TONIGHT.

Cheers, Zo.

Hi Zo.
I'm really sorry but I can't race either tonight as I still have this hideous flu. It's totally incapacitated me. I was hoping to join tonight and pleased I'd made it up from the reserve list but I think I'll be an even bigger liability on track than normal.

Great to see a good turn out. qken still has the best excuse for not making tonight. Congrats @qken.

Have a great race all. I might try to join the second race but don't wait for me. I will try to be there the coming weeks.

:cheers:

CALLING ALL THOSE ON THE RESERVE LIST. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO JOIN THE ROOM AS SOON AS IT IS OPEN (about 15 minutes from now), I REALLY DON'T THINK THAT WE'LL HAVE MORE THAN 16 TONIGHT.

Cheers, Zo.
Hello Zolon, I have you added on my PSN and for some reason, I don't see the lobby open.

Thank you guys for this first expierence, it was an amazing evening, did unfortunally f-up :(:grumpy: here and there. It gave the biggest rush in gaming ever to date. Struggled quite hard on the older tyres, but thats far more realistic. Under effect from adranaline kick I even forgot to get the soft tyre, and was pumping fuel...

Race 1: perfect for me. Didn't expect me to be that fast. It was fun driving the Ferrari. I will soon upload a video of my point of view.

Race 2: was watching everyone before race started. @Zolon32 starts the race, my car exits the track for no reason, game crashes. Spectacular.

Well, it has begun quite nicely I think chaps. Congratulations to John on his pole position, and win in the first race, commiserations about his machine throwing a fit in the second.

And well done to Andreas, who has taken an early lead in the Championship.

Thanks to all those who made it, and I hope you enjoyed the challenge that the tyres/pit-stops provided.

Just a few piccis...

The first race of the series gets under way.

theyre away.jpg

John wins the first race in style. (Fortunately not Richroo style).

john wins in style.jpg

Harsk grabs lead of the second race.

harsk grabs lead.jpg

Battle of the cartoons, Goofy goes sideways under pressure from Snoopy.

goofy goes sideways.jpg

But holds on ahead.

but holds on ahead.jpg

Then smokes his tyres approaching the chicane.

then tortures tyres.jpg

Snoopy gets past.

snoopy gets past.jpg

Russ isn't distracted by Koutch's interesting livery.

russ passes koutch.jpg

Jocke chases Famine.

jocke chases famine.jpg

And Famine makes a move for his Willy.

famine makes a move for jockes willy.jpg

Three leaders in the chicane.

three leaders in chicane.jpg

This looks like it might not end well...

this isnt going to end well.jpg

And it didn't. Sorry BB :dunce:

and it didnt.jpg

Damned wheel, it's like the grandkids, great when things are going okay, but very annoying when they're not.

Hope you like the photos folks. I'm off to update the results on page 1 now. See you next Tuesday 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Back