Surprised by PD

I'm different than most. I hadn't played GT since 5 prologue. Bought the deluxe edition digital, with no research. Started researching and thought I was gonna hate it.

Fell in love with it again! Just refunded the horrid bug fest that is FM7, and this GT is sooo much more polished. I know it's not full of dozens of tracks, and hundreds of cars, but what's there is so solid. I love that they are giving away DLC in 2017, when most devs are charging for future DLC in pre orders. This is fantastic news, and I hope people figure it out and it nets more sales!

Used the wrong comparison. Just liked the idea of a game that keeps getting improved over time. But the initial offering should be solid enough to warrant buying at full price.

What you are referring to I think is gaming as a service. Releasing a stable platform with the ability to improve and add upon it as it grows. Yes, I think this is exactly what PD has in mind for this a game and just 34 days after release they have proved it in my mind.

What you are referring to I think is gaming as a service. Releasing a stable platform with the ability to improve and add upon it as it grows. Yes, I think this is exactly what PD has in mind for this a game and just 34 days after release they have proved it in my mind.

Except GTs clearly is not a service.

Gts Is as old a regualr AAA title release with post launch support as there is.

Except GTs clearly is not a service.

Gts Is as old a regualr AAA title release with post launch support as there is.

Definition of "Service"
Noun: A systematic supply for public need.
Verb: To perform routine maintenance or inspections.

Sounds a lot like post-release content to me. One could easily look at GT Sport's situation and call it a service in my opinion.

Also I've noticed this with a lot of your posts but please try to use proper grammar as much as possible.

Definition of "Service"

Sounds a lot like post-release content to me. One could easily look at GT Sport's situation and call it a service in my opinion.

Also I've noticed this with a lot of your posts but please try to use proper grammar as much as possible.

This is gaming, service implies "payed for" aka PS pLus or Live is a service. Gtsport is a regular AAA title, stop making things up to excuse Gts lack of launch day content. Never see dlc or updates being called a service.

This is gaming, service implies "payed for" aka PS pLus or Live is a service. Gtsport is a regular AAA title, stop making things up to excuse Gts lack of launch day content. Never see dlc or updates being called a service.
MrWaflz got you there! Then you accuse him of making stuff up! Classic! :D A game that gets regular updates regardless of whether it’s paid or not is a service in my book. Why should it not be a service if it’s free service?

Literally gaming as a whole has become so reliant on post-release support that the entire medium has become a service in itself, unlike the early days of GT where the first version was the last version.

The notion of a service in gaming is so widespread that terms such as DLC, updates and micro-transactions need to be invented to categorize them. Doesn't mean that they're any less of a service than the last.

(Although micro-transactions could be seen as a dis-service to the industry. Badum-crash)

Definition of "Service"

Sounds a lot like post-release content to me. One could easily look at GT Sport's situation and call it a service in my opinion./QUOTE] GT5 and GT6 could both fit that definition and yet I don't recall anyone ever referring to them as a service. Why now and why this game?

I think it is also important to note that, as far as I know, nobody connected with this game is referring to it as a service. That designation is entirely in the mind of a handful of forum posters.

Literally gaming as a whole has become so reliant on post-release support that the entire medium has become a service in itself, unlike the early days of GT where the first version was the last version.

The notion of a service in gaming is so widespread that terms such as DLC, updates and micro-transactions need to be invented to categorize them. Doesn't mean that they're any less of a service than the last.

(Although micro-transactions could be seen as a dis-service to the industry. Badum-crash)

In the old days it had to work. You didn't have 90% of your client base with internet and the ability to dl a 30 gig day one patch. Especially on console.

@Johnnypenso

Your post is broke, anyways. I guess it really depends on the marketing team and what tag lines they prefer to use. GT6's Vision GT program could have been called a monthly car service or whatever, but that'd make them look bad. :sly:

@Johnnypenso

Your post is broke, anyways. I guess it really depends on the marketing team and what tag lines they prefer to use. GT6's Vision GT program could have been called a monthly car service or whatever, but that'd make them look bad. :sly:
I'm on mobile and I've been trying to fix it but it isn't working for some reason.

MrWaflz got you there! Then you accuse him of making stuff up! Classic! :D A game that gets regular updates regardless of whether it’s paid or not is a service in my book. Why should it not be a service if it’s free service?

In the game industry none call it or refer to any of this as a "service" not sure why some of you are so gung ho on making stuff up and trying to justify and make it stick. I'm not arguing your opinion vs mine, just general outlook in a industry compared to some hilarious things GT fans come up.

Just saying.

In the game industry none call it or refer to any of this as a "service" not sure why some of you are so gung ho on making stuff up and trying to justify and make it stick. I'm not arguing your opinion vs mine, just general outlook in a industry compared to some hilarious things GT fans come up.

Just saying.

"Titles like Rainbow Six Siege, Destiny 2, Battlefield 1 and others are evolving every few weeks with constant patches and a steady stream of content. According to monetisation company Digital River, this push is resulting in great benefits to publishers."

https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/11/th...trend-has-tripled-the-industrys-value-report/

All I need is tuning in dailies brought back and this will be the most perfect game ever.

I disagree,
tuning in dailies is a pain in the butt for casual racers who don;t have the time to tune a car to it's nth degree.

It makes racing more of a level playing field, to race with a "control" car

I disagree,
tuning in dailies is a pain in the butt for casual racers who don;t have the time to tune a car to it's nth degree.

Maybe have the three daily races with no tuning like usual, then have another tab for a fourth race with tuning enabled? IDK, maybe have that race or however many races there would be stick around for longer than the regular daily races. Keeps both camps happy.

"According to monetisation company Digital River"

thank god developers don't talk like those greedy scum.

From 2014. You are wrong.

"What does Games as a Service actually mean? How do you define it?

When I think about Games as a Service, I think about games that deploy a web-based infrastructure so that they can be continuously updated. Developers use this to react to audience behaviours and deliver events and features that nurture long-term engagement."

http://www.develop-online.net/interview/games-as-a-service-what-does-it-mean-for-indies/0189880

I disagree,

Why not have both? I think they will at some point.

A good update for those that were living under a rock with no access to internet and had no idea GTS was going to be online focused. Not an update worth much for those of us that bought GTS because we knew it was online focused and were told we'd have a properly working DR/SR system and plenty of races to choose from in Sport mode to make up for the overall lack of content. Hopefully this means PD are getting the former whingers out of the way before they release an update very soon after for us latter whingers. Whinge and you shall receive :)

Thanks to all those Angry GT Fans.. We complained and whined and gave 1 star on Amazon review! Thanks to us... We did it! We whiners are the best! How dare they ignore us. They paid the price. Now they are climbing out of the hole they dug themselves in by ignoring us, the Proletariat and catering only for the 1%ers.

Quote from one of the Amazon reviewer "This game is going to turn away 90% of the GT series fans to appease the super competitive 10%." dated "Oct 18th".

:P

Last edited:
It's amusing to see the "whiners and moaners" claiming responsibility for successfully forcing PD to change tack and include a more extensive offline campaign. After all, before the game was even launched and any Amazon reviews could be posted, Kaz announced these updates would be appearing.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-updates-will-bring-offline-events/

(Dated October 13th)
They didnt just add events though, they added an entire new mode, while giving credit to fan feedback as the instigator for the change. Seems pretty clear cut that this update is something completely new.

They didnt just add events though, they added an entire new mode, while giving credit to fan feedback as the instigator for the change. Seems pretty clear cut that this update is something completely new.

No doubt credit to fans for their strong feedback. This overhaul to the game structure is all that Kaz have been saying gamer didn't want anymore. But people show exactly the other way around.

Other thing, I think, is that Manufacturer and Nations Cups tests didn't have the participation it was supposed (just speculating), many people walked away with the bunch of trolls bumping everything it moved and the broken penalty system (in this case, we have to concede that's anything but easy to code).

Don't believe that six months ago this was the plan for PD. Is seems they have much of the work done, but I believe this work was related to other GT project. Remember that, for much time, the rumors pointed to the franchise split in two directions, one pointed to FIA licences and online racing, other to a more offline career mode. At some point PD decided to drop the second direction, focusing on the FIA game, but for sure some work was done already, they are just working to merge it to Gt Sport code.

Latest Posts

Back