Suspended:The Endurance World Tour,

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 1,015 comments
Geeezz, what an idiot I am :crazy:
Wondered why Ned commented, "scotts doing the same thing again" at the start of the race :confused:
Reading back through some post and realized the am's (me) were supposed to Pace to our normal start point. Only the pro's started from the grid, no pace.
Sorry, won't happen again.

Doesn't bode well for me considering where I finished even with a head start:scared: 🤬

:lol: :cheers:

Great practice session guys thank you again Ned for setting this up and to everyone for the clean and exciting racing. My roommate, who has been playing GT for almost as long as me and is fairly quick on the ring himself, came in and watched our first lap in GT3s. "Why are those guys ahead of you?" :P I was just like man you have no idea what I'm up against.

Tomorrow we will set a speed baseline for all drivers. Unlike most sessions of this type we will simply do it in race conditions with all normal settings except for no damage. We will all drive a selected easy to drive car with rs tyres. We’ll run a normal 5 lap race with no pit stops. Record your fastest lap. We will use it for two things. First we can make sure our pro am ratings are good, and then we will insert your time into Anthonys app and then give it a try in a Pursuit race. One thought is to see if the delta transfers to other classes when multiplied by the time difference between classes. More on that when we can all talk tomorrow. It is important to get as many of you as we can so show up if at all possible..plz. @ZOPPO GT can you pass on to the Thunderclub guys as we do not have all of them on this chat.
83421D9E-2D3E-469B-B360-AE60172A383F.png

My opinion: Nordschleife is not a representative indicator for overall Pro/Am rating as experience is exceptionally important here. Nordschleife is Nordschleife. If you want to make sure who´s what, you have to you calculate a mean value of (mean) lap times from several tracks of the calendar, the more tracks you include, the better. And you should exclude the Nordschleife from that calculation as it creates bias. But that would mean quite an effort. :rolleyes:
I don´t think you can transfer baseline for car A to car B by calculation as differences in speed between drivers vary too much with type of car.

Ps: Quiddelbacher "Hoe" :lol:

Last edited:
agreed, but we will need to do this for every track when we race on it. It WILL give the proper speed there which will be used in the race. Should we want a universal rating Id pick an “easy” track like... no wait... there are no easy tracks.

ho ho ho

agreed, but we will need to do this for every track when we race on it. It WILL give the proper speed there which will be used in the race. Should we want a universal rating Id pick an “easy” track like... no wait... there are no easy tracks.

ho ho ho

See my updated post. I was talking about the Pro/Am rating. For the pursuit races I agree with you.

tenor.gif

Ok my bad. NEVER let someone you do not know into your room. That was horrible! the awful person talked about his exploits for the entire second race, including after he quit. I seriously considered quitting and then ejecting him, but I was greedy because I was having a great race with @Revo 54 and @ZOPPO GT and I did not want to leave. I noted the mass exodus immediately after the race... as in, the last one out gets to keep that guy amused. My bad.

But , given the one time fubar in time zones, and at least three restarts, that Pursuit race was fun! Even if the Stig won( by inches). That is worthy of being our support series once or twice a month with points and everything. Perhaps it needs its own series. It was like racing, only less boring!

@GTP_Nail, I think you will find once we move this idea to other tracks that are not so long and demanding, we will start to see more bunching up on the last lap. I also think that @Argon's concern regarding the amount of time waiting to start could be avoided if we all use the same group of car.
Congratulations to @GTP_Versatile, @Missedapex420 and @Goldomor on their close race. I for one enjoyed the "race" even though I took out my team mate into Bergwerk - Sorry @Bass Addict.

:gtpflag::gtplanet:

@GTP_Nail, I think you will find once we move this idea to other tracks that are not so long and demanding, we will start to see more bunching up on the last lap. I also think that @Argon's concern regarding the amount of time waiting to start could be avoided if we all use the same group of car.
Congratulations to @GTP_Versatile, @Missedapex420 and @Goldomor on their close race. I for one enjoyed the "race" even though I took out my team mate into Bergwerk - Sorry @Bass Addict.

:gtpflag::gtplanet:
The issue at the start was entirely my stupid fault so please don't let that swing the way we run these. If I hadn't screwed up then it would have been really close at the end of the race ( based on lost time on my limp lap) Really keen to have another handicap race as I still enjoyed the chase. 👍

@GTP_Nail I was never more thankful for the mute option in the chat :lol:

Last edited:
I enjoyed the new race format a lot. As I said after the race it felt "more like racing". And it was a fantastic idea to do it!

Nevertheless I didn´t consider it to be a really close race as I already figured at the end of lap 5 that it wouldn´t be possible to catch up with @Missedapex420. In the end there was a gap of 3.7 seconds which is pretty much the time I can gain on him on a lap. So I would´ve needed an additional lap to be on eye level. Considering that his fastest lap was a 6.38, while mine was a 6.37 (which was also the time my handicap was calculated on) that might not even have been enough. No doubt at all Joe did a great race without mistakes and absolutely deserved second place or even the win! His learning curve is just still very steep (and he´s a fast learner as already became apparent in Brands) because he is still in an early stage of learning the track and his lap times are probably also less consistent than that of a more experienced driver, So it´s really not easy to calculate an appropriate handicap for him. At the moment he can probably not do a 6.38 constantly but there will be a time when he can ;)

But anyway, the chasing was fun and I´m looking forward to doing it again!:cheers:

Last edited:
do we keep this as part of the tour or make it a bimonthly stand alone series. Hell, even Setted had to concentrate.

So, you think we should make this a race for points, either additional points for the tour or a standalone series, right?

So, you think we should make this a race for points, either additional points for the tour or a standalone series, right?
a firm maybe. I see no reason not to do it five times a week... hell Anthony saved us all from well scripted boredom occasionally ruined by the appearance of another car. This was the first time I really felt good old fashioned fun, punctuated by fear of falling off in one hell of along time.

But, all kidding aside, that means the hosts need to learn how to use “The SA cure for boring racing” program. Remember this was devised for use by real race cars... think how much fun this must have been at Kyalami.

Considering that his fastest lap was a 6.38, while mine was a 6.37 (which was also the time my handicap was calculated on) that might not even have been enough.
Hi Markus,
Joe's best time in the practice race was a 6:42, while yours was a 6:37 which is probably the reason why there was such a large gap at the start. You will see in the image below that there is in fact a "Break Out Time" column on the RHS which is there for exactly what you were talking about. If you go faster than your break out time in the race, you would be DQ'ed. The value has been initially set for 2.5 % but should be set probably closer to 1.5% for the second race. Still work in progress but i think the basics are there for us to really to make this a worthwhile addition to the event.

upload_2019-10-29_8-43-11.png

If anyone has some ideas on how we can improve this, that would be great.

Cheers:cheers:
:gtplanet:

Hey guys. Our first real try at this at the ring of all places and it ended up being fairly close. I had a nearly perfect race, really only losing time to dodge Ned falling off the track. :P obviously there are a lot of variables including my own inconsistency but overall it was excellent. Personally I would love to see this be a weekly series with its own points standings but monthly will work just fine as well. My only suggestion is that we try to vary the tracks and cars to keep it fresh.

Hi Markus,
Joe's best time in the practice race was a 6:42, while yours was a 6:37 which is probably the reason why there was such a large gap at the start.
:gtplanet:

Hello Antony,

You´re right and the gap in the end was mainly caused by a lap time that was 4 seconds faster than the fast lap in the practice race. But talking about gap at the start. Looking at the table I was wondering why it says -66 for my Heat Start Time as I actually was told to start at -60. Also you started at -55 or -56 (I can´t exactly tell from the replay) instead of -60, while, as far as I can tell from the replay, the other drivers started at the time that the table displays.
I agree with you that the value for the break out time is too high, especially for the Nordschleife. 2.5 % would mean that I´d have to go almost 10 seconds faster than my fastest lap in the practice race. Even 1.5 % might be too high as it would still mean a lap time that is almost 6 seconds faster than the fastest practice lap I did. On a shorter Track 1.5 % could be a realistic value though.

lets talk about it tomorrow....we are considering Sunday Pursuit races, perhaps with partial points at the monthly Tour track . This month will be refining the whole thing on Wednesdays we will use G4 cars and Sundays the cars you drive in the Tour.

We are considering sliding the Tour to the Sunday closest to the middle of the month. If we do that we will play with Spa on Sunday and do a Pursuit race there also. That would make the following Sunday a 90 min prelim race on the Ring and then the Tour 2.5 on the 17th. We’ll look at the existing schedule to adjust any other Tour race dates and let you know where a 2.5 race at Spa will be inserted

Back