Suspended:The Endurance World Tour,

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 1,015 comments
We had a sort of rebellion late this afternoon and we left Sunny Northern Italy for the foggy hills of Germany. One and all were pleased to be home on the Ring!
And I had the bright idea ( don’t I always) that we should have one Tour 1/2 point race on the Ring per month on the Sunday before the Monthly Tour race. Thoughts?

Please cast your vote in the poll on page 1.
We are going to run at the Ring every Wednesday as the last race of the day and if the poll approves we will run a half point feature race. length to be either 90 minutes or two hours.

Last edited:

@GTP_Nail , @Argon , @Bass Addict ,@oldguy58 ,@micantony ,@quentin1974, @Goldomor ,@Dogwolf77, @geeTeye, @ZOPPO GT, @jas1101, @oldboy1943, @GTP_Guido, @GTP_Versatile, @Renrag39, @Jamie duerden, @Missedapex420, @twiget56, @Reyne111, @tincanofdeath, @ZOPPO GT, @Revo 54 ,@Robin Pole , @NASCARNATE91 ,@Nick Cannella , @Neutty ,@smoker_boss89 , @RJ1 , @MSgtGunny, @dranddad

Guys this is a com check. If you wish to be deleted please post here and I'll delete you. and if you were not addressed post here and I'LL FIX IT. If anyone notes a missing person please also post and I'll add his adddy so we can maintain an up to date address book.

New subject. PLEASE VOTE in the poll on the top of the page. This will determine if we will formally make a slot for a Ring slot in our monthly calendar. See below for current schedule.

Schedule is based on the Sunday closest to the middle of the month. So our calendar month starts the weekend AFTER our monthly Tour Month.
Based on that, this is how it looks :

All Wednesdays are open but we try to have stint races for the main race of that two week part of the month.

First Sunday: Historic race...usually shorter that the following week

Second Sunday: Historic 90 minute race...usually at Le Mans or Monza

Third Sunday: Either 1/2 point 1/2 distance Tour Race or a 90 minute 1/2 point Tour Race at the Ring

Fourth Sunday: Tour scheduled race

Occasionally we get a month where the Second Sunday of the month falls in the first full week of the month. In stat case we more the race to the Sunday in the second FULL week.

@GTP_Nail , @Argon , @Bass Addict ,@oldguy58 ,@micantony ,@quentin1974, @Goldomor ,@Dogwolf77, @geeTeye, @ZOPPO GT, @jas1101, @oldboy1943, @GTP_Guido, @GTP_Versatile, @Renrag39, @Jamie duerden, @Missedapex420, @twiget56, @Reyne111, @tincanofdeath, @ZOPPO GT, @Revo 54 ,@Robin Pole , @NASCARNATE91 ,@Nick Cannella , @Neutty ,@smoker_boss89 , @RJ1 , @MSgtGunny, @dranddad

Guys this is a com check. If you wish to be deleted please post here and I'll delete you. and if you were not addressed post here and I'LL FIX IT. If anyone notes a missing person please also post and I'll add his adddy so we can maintain an up to date address book.

New subject. PLEASE VOTE in the poll on the top of the page. This will determine if we will formally make a slot for a Ring slot in our monthly calendar. See below for current schedule.

Schedule is based on the Sunday closest to the middle of the month. So our calendar month starts the weekend AFTER our monthly Tour Month.
Based on that, this is how it looks :

All Wednesdays are open but we try to have stint races for the main race of that two week part of the month.

First Sunday: Historic race...usually shorter that the following week

Second Sunday: Historic 90 minute race...usually at Le Mans or Monza

Third Sunday: Either 1/2 point 1/2 distance Tour Race or a 90 minute 1/2 point Tour Race at the Ring

Fourth Sunday: Tour scheduled race

Occasionally we get a month where the Second Sunday of the month falls in the first full week of the month. In stat case we more the race to the Sunday in the second FULL week.
Unfortunately Sundays will be a work day for the foreseeable future. I'll jump in when I can though.

I already voted, but honestly, did you really even have to ask to go back to the ring? :lol:
yeah your preference is not hard to understand. It is the one track that continually challenges every driver every lap....even those who, it would be said, always seem smooth, fast, and unflappable, smile when the Ring lets them think they got it right...just once.

yeah your preference is not hard to understand. It is the one track that continually challenges every driver every lap....even those who, it would be said, always seem smooth, fast, and unflappable, smile when the Ring lets them think they got it right...just once.

IMG-20200209-WA0027.jpg

"Make the Ring great again!"

sorry to lose you two guys for a bit....we may end up with a G4 race...lol...actually we can not as G2 drops one l;evel and G4goes up one level.
Room's up

Sorry about the room crash after we finished.... then we decided to have a power outage while @Goldomor and I were talking about strategies for Sunday’s race . He made another room while I returned when the power turned back on quickly. THEN it went out again which led to a lesson on how to start the new Propane/gas generator ... in the dark of course!
Wicked storms here tonight!

We had a stunningly great G4 race where the entire field of seven of us circulated @ 5 to 7 seconds apart for 20 minutes... it was like a boost race! The leaders were squabbling ( Racing?) over the first three or four positions which of course slowed them down preventing the normal stretching out of the field.

NOTE: you must drive the cars that you drove at Spa until we finish this three race group of races AFTER Austria. The only exception is for pro drivers in Gr3, you may race in G2 any time you want as long as you let us know that you are going to do it.

Remember if we have TWO or fewer entrants in any class, those drivers MUST move to the class above or below them for the race. We will tell you to move before the start of Qualifying

Also
USER24547]@MasterGT[/USER] checked with his link to our sim creators and they, in fact, confirmed that the Shelby Daytona and Shelby Cobra performances were incorrect. Next step is to try to get them to fix it... lol.

According to my testing, it is probably just the Cobra's drag coefficient that needs adjusting. It doesn't hit a "wall" until well over 200 MPH (stock weight and power). The Daytona underperforms slightly.

It is in their hands now.

Here the You tube link to the Castrol film of the 1967 German GP at the Ring. This was the first year of the Louts 49. Remember there was no US television or even mention in the press except in the Monday New York Times Sporting section. Stunning.

here is Zoppo's full email which is really interesting. Both of us are very interested in where our current GP came from and we both share a great love of the ring. I really miss the hedges along the side of the track and as Zoppo mentions, a car would spin off, go through the hedge and vanish. Good luck finding it....and sometimes the car would reappear a bit further down the hedge covered with branches and leaves.

profile_mask2.png

Hans-Georg Zoch
Feb 19, 2020, 6:17 PM (21 hours ago)

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello Ned

We talked about it and here is ist. Klick the link below and enjoy
a good report about the Formula 1 Grand Prix from 1967 at the
famous "Green Hell".

The racetrack changed a lot during the years. Some parts are
unidentified today, because they look completely different to
the former times.

The most difference is the part "Brünnchen". It changed very
heavy. In former times it was the the highest "jump" at the
whole track. When you stayed at the top it looked like a
driveway into an basement garage - unbelievabel!

In 1967 there are 12 "jumps" on the track, where the fast
racecars (escpecially the formula 1) 12 times are "airborne"
per lap. There are no guardrails - just bushes - and the
spectators standing directly at the pavemant. No safety
zones at all, just race feeling pure - for drivers and fans.
That was normal at these days. Thanks god, it´s better
now for all today.

In former times the drivers had a special announcement
when a car spins off the track. "Bush opens - car goes through -
bush closes". That means, if a car goes off the track it
disapears completely. And really sometimes it took a long time
to find a missed car. The landscape around the ring is "rough"
with steep small canyons located in a dark forest.

But the most racedrivers love this racetrack, because it´s
natural. It´s long and hard. All racedrivers said: "I did so
many laps, but I never had a perfect one. But it doesn´t
matter, because it´s still a real challenge!"

Like Wayne Moore, my friend and racedriver from New Zealand.
He has the most starts for the 24h race as a foreign driver out
of Germany. Now he looked back to 25 Years of 24h races and
still going on this year. I will meet him this year for his 26 race.
Mr. Moore love the "Ring" more than anything else and I will join
him as a co-driver for some practice laps in a racecar. I did it 3
years ago and I enjoyed every minute. It´s just amazing to sit
beside a pro-driver who knows what he´s doing on the best
racetrack in this world.

Wayne Moore is now 68 years old and still going strong! He has
funny comments to all his races. Please check out his storys on
his special website. Google it under "Ausringers" and than under
Wayne Moore. Wayne is a famous writer too.

That´s it - have fun with the movie and Wayne´s stories too.
See you on a racetrack soon.

With greetings from Germany - Zoppo

Attachments area
Preview YouTube video 1967 F1 Grosser Preis von Deutschland (Farb-Doku)

Back