Suzuka 800pp Open car 00/15/30/45

• Thread starter tony1311
  • 29 comments

tony1311

(Banned)
tony1311

Had a few good races last night, mostly with i-Plume.He is quite fast with the Amuse and very consistent. I hope some more competitive guys give this event a try.

Last edited:

Had a few good races last night, mostly with i-Plume.He is quite fast with the Amuse and very consistent. I hope some more competitive guys give this event a try.

i-plume is SICK:crazy::bowdown: and so are you:crazy: :bowdown: Trying to stay with you guys take everything from me....:scared:

Goodstuff, but I'm there everychance I get..:D

i had her parked for a while, time to bring her out :)

Man another Sick person with his Amuse:scared::crazy:
Looking forward to seeing you DK. It's a shame that I can't get on until after 10pm estern time:indiff: Works always get in the way of GT man.....

Thank goodness all the amateurs from the weekend have gone...every timeslot was full.

Surprising the turnout of experienced drivers is poor considering PP800 Suzuka has lots of scope for driver and car improvement as all the 'straights' become corners.

Using the GTLM (again) lap times for me with an R2 R3 combination is around mid 52, but I am trying an R3 R3 which may improve on this.

The last time this event ran, KBE36 got 1:52.3...does anyone know what the TW drivers are doing?

Thank goodness all the amateurs from the weekend have gone...every timeslot was full.

Surprising the turnout of experienced drivers is poor considering PP800 Suzuka has lots of scope for driver and car improvement as all the 'straights' become corners.

Using the GTLM (again) lap times for me with an R2 R3 combination is around mid 52, but I am trying an R3 R3 which may improve on this.

The last time this event ran, KBE36 got 1:52.3...does anyone know what the TW drivers are doing?

here's the old 800pp leader board http://gtdb.net/

Thought I'd share the fruits of my tuning labor on the Amuse. This setup has an awesome front end but it is a very lively setup. If you try and tune that out you will lose some lap time in return for some consistency. The brakes will give you even more front end if you need it on entry to the corner.

Power -9
weight 85%
R3's
Aero 20, 33
Ride -20,-20
Spring 5, 7
Damper 3, 2
Toe -0.30, 0.00
Camber 3.5, 2.2
Brake 4, 7
Turn 40
TC Off
ABS 1

1st 2.697
2nd 1.849
3rd 1.498
4th 1.238
5th 1.029
6th -
7th -
Final 3.500

I ran this a few times tonight. First time I have played GT5P online in a couple months. Of the four races I attempted to connect to, I was only able to get into three of them.

I won all three of them though. :)

No way am I competitive though. Only running 1:56.xxx in the Mines Skyline.

Well looky looky... Suzi 800PP is back... :) Have to try to get on again... only been having connection issues the last few months which has led me to play other games... Anyway Im going to whip out the Amuse or the Mine's if I can get into the races... 👍

Well looky looky... Suzi 800PP is back... :) Have to try to get on again... only been having connection issues the last few months which has led me to play other games... Anyway Im going to whip out the Amuse or the Mine's if I can get into the races... 👍

HEY MATE

did yo finally crawled out of your MW2 bunker :lol:

Had some really nice races here yesterday with a lot of JP drivers when their hosting wasn't causing chronic lag or DCs, and of course with the superb GTP_JvM.

Best lap so far in free run is 1'52.100 in the sublime GTLM 👍

Will be back for more later today.

EDIT: in from xx00 again

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Thought I'd share the fruits of my tuning labor on the Amuse. This setup has an awesome front end but it is a very lively setup. If you try and tune that out you will lose some lap time in return for some consistency. The brakes will give you even more front end if you need it on entry to the corner.

Power -9
weight 85%
R3's
Aero 20, 33
Ride -20,-20
Spring 5, 7
Damper 3, 2
Toe -0.30, 0.00
Camber 3.5, 2.2
Brake 4, 7
Turn 40
TC Off
ABS 1

1st 2.697
2nd 1.849
3rd 1.498
4th 1.238
5th 1.029
6th -
7th -
Final 3.500

Your gearing works so so good for me i-plume thank you. I'm sticking with my own suspension set up for it's alot more comfortable for me. In anycase I've gotten her down to 1'53.234 with your gearing:). I just hope that I can get her into the 52s. Here is the thing. with that gearing I hit that time with only 4 free run lap.... Awesome.

1 question though. What gear are you in going into the hairpin????

I use 2nd gear, you should be able to floor it and not get wheel spin and then it hits the peak power after you have exited the zone where the tyres are at the limit. Its traction control via the engine power/torque profile.

I use 2nd gear, you should be able to floor it and not get wheel spin and then it hits the peak power after you have exited the zone where the tyres are at the limit. Its traction control via the engine power/torque profile.

That makes a lot of sense. Do you drive with TCS on or off? I've been shifting down to 1st and ended up with more tire spin rather than moving.

Been running this a bit lately. Don't really care about winning, I just like driving the Mines R34. Such a great car with Blitz's tune.

Edit: I'll be running this a bit tonight. May try the S2k for a bit.

Last edited:
I've been spending all my time on GT5P here recently, trying desperately hard to break into the 1'51s in free run using the Ford GTLM. So far I've got 1'52.100 with the following splits: 49.69x / 1'30.55x / 1'52.100.

I was so frustrated last night, I ran a 1'30.4 T2 off a 49.7 T1, and later managed a 49.553 T1! All of that should have added up to the magic 1'51 lap that will finally let me sleep.

Obviously a 1'51 is not required for racing, I've been doing more than well enough running low 52s all race but when you have a bad grid slot and the guys up front are also running that pace, it's tremendously hard to get back in touch in 5 laps. Also I've found the lag simply horrendous here, to the point where I've just given up a lot of races because they were undriveable. Had some good races with GTP_JvM ,GTRP Mirial, GTRP Asimo82, GTDrivers_Moose and a host of JP Amuse S2000s in the past week 👍

All the best
Maz

Been running this a bit lately. Don't really care about winning, I just like driving the Mines R34. Such a great car with Blitz's tune.

Edit: I'll be running this a bit tonight. May try the S2k for a bit.

Hell R1600Turbo. I just one to drop in and give credit to this guy with his Mines at Suzuka:crazy:. He is consistent and so so fast with it. A super courteous racer too. Always fun racing with ya R1600Turbo.👍

"1'52.100 with the following splits: 49.69x / 1'30.55x / 1'52.100."
I can only dream of those time that you are putting up Synwraith. Achieving those time for me right now, I'm afraid is unobtainable. WOW, simply put SICK!!!!!:crazy:

Last edited:
"1'52.100 with the following splits: 49.69x / 1'30.55x / 1'52.100."
I can only dream of those time that you are putting up Synwraith. Achieving those time for me right now, I'm afraid is unobtainable. WOW, simply put SICK!!!!!:crazy:

That's very kind of you mate, thank you 👍 But have you seen this?
www.gtdb.net
FAK_EV1L and Ramon are going considerably faster! Those guys are truly incredible.

Also, I think I saw you in a couple of races last weekend, driving a red Amuse? It's a shame, I think you gave up both times :( Looked like maybe you had a phone call or something, you were just behind me on the straight but pulled over and then continued a few laps later.

All the best
Maz

👍:sly:Right on. That was me in the red Amuse and yes I had to take a call....lol. Also saw you on the second race, but we were busy playing bumper cars in the back...:sly: Had to pull over in that race too.

btw, I did see that list and I wouldn't say being third on that list is anything to frown about..👍:bowdown:

Hell R1600Turbo. I just one to drop in and give credit to this guy with his Mines at Suzuka:crazy:. He is consistent and so so fast with it. A super courteous racer too. Always fun racing with ya R1600Turbo.👍

Thank you sir. I've come dangerously close to hitting a 1:55.9xx with the Mines but just can't seem to do it. :indiff:

what setup are you using?

Edit: Anyone have any cars they are using in this race that are not one of the following:

- Corvette Tuned
- Amuse S2k
- Ford GT

That they don't mind sharing settings for?

Last night I had a very slow connection on one race, and even though I had joined the race, I wasn't racing. The game had put me in a camera position in turn one, which was cool cause I could watch the mayhem in turn one every lap. :lol: Someone was driving the Blitz Toyota drift car and was running pretty well with it.

Last edited:
HEY MATE

did yo finally crawled out of your MW2 bunker :lol:

:scared::scared: I cant pull myself away from MW2... I think Im addicted.. lol... And if I try GT5:P I always end up having connection problems and then MW2 goes right back into the PS3... If I could get into some damn races I would race!! :grumpy:

Given up on this one now, I spent 2 weeks trying to get into the 1'51s with the GTLM having not driven it on pro physics for almost 18 months and never with the wheel. I've ended up in free run at 1'52.003, if anyone wants to view the lap on www.gtdb.net they'll see it was heading for a 1'51 until a heartbreaking lairy moment that spoiled the lap on the final approach to the line. Still, 0.015 from MeAgainstYou and 0.118 from GTro_Ramon is something I'm well proud of :cheers:

Thanks to JvM, Moose, Solarr and everyone else who made this such a mad event to be a part of :cheers: I witnessed a phenomenally impressive GTLM drive from Wshong [TW], 1'51 high/1'52 low pretty much every lap. :bowdown:

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Back