Suzuka Circuit lap times for N-class Cars

Well I decided since there were only 3 cars left and I didn't want to wait until Tuesday, I finished my time trials tonight.

N800
0:54.916 - Aston Martin Vulcan
0:55.237 - Lamborghini Veneno
0:56.192 - Aston Martin One-77

I updated the spreadsheet to include only N100-N1000 cars. I hope some of you find this spreadsheet useful in some way. All that's left is to set up my recorder and post the replays up on Youtube. And then I'll get started on all the other cars in GTS!

How did the Vulcan handle? I have one, but the brakes really discourage me from using it
I'm quite surprised the Laferrari was faster than the Vulcan despite its extra power, mainly because the Vulcan's rival is the FXX K, so I was expecting the Vulcan to run a 52...

It was a struggle just to get 54 seconds in the Vulcan. I would love to see someone do 53 seconds, let alone 52 :eek: If you add me on PSN it's HondaCBR300R and I'll post the replay on my activity feed tonight.
Alright :)
That's an interesting result; color me surprised! Thanks for all the hard work btw, am really loving it. Cheers :cheers:

How did the Vulcan handle? I have one, but the brakes really discourage me from using it
I'm quite surprised the Laferrari was faster than the Vulcan despite its extra power, mainly because the Vulcan's rival is the FXX K, so I was expecting the Vulcan to run a 52...
Vulcan is lacking downforce it would have IRL I think. It's also not got bad brakes, it's just not got very good grip at the front, locks easily and the ABS then causes it to have poor braking. 2 things that (imo) are completely wrong.

Vulcan is lacking downforce it would have IRL I think. It's also not got bad brakes, it's just not got very good grip at the front, locks easily and the ABS then causes it to have poor braking. 2 things that (imo) are completely wrong.
I see, I'll try using the Vulcan without ABS; hopefully I still remember how to brake without ABS :)
For a game whose predecessor bragged so much about its aero simulation, them getting the Vulcan's downforce levels completely wrong is inexcusable

I did something similar with SS-tyres for the full Suzuka circuit with very similar results.

If you don’t know what to do next, add the 8 Gr3 road versions. They are all very capable N500 cars with some really fast and easy to drive.

I started to test all the cars now with maximum power & minimum weight in each class they can be tuned to with the upgrades. This is producing some interesting results...

I see, I'll try using the Vulcan without ABS; hopefully I still remember how to brake without ABS :)
For a game whose predecessor bragged so much about its aero simulation, them getting the Vulcan's downforce levels completely wrong is inexcusable
Without ABS you'll just lock the fronts I think, not tried it though. Yeah it is annoying. It is however only 2 seconds off Gr3 cars around Interlagos which isn't exactly slow. So maybe it feels worse than it is. It does though definitely have 50m longer braking distances at T1 than Gr3. It's also going a bit quicker though, being 800+bhp and all.

I did something similar with SS-tyres for the full Suzuka circuit with very similar results.

If you don’t know what to do next, add the 8 Gr3 road versions. They are all very capable N500 cars with some really fast and easy to drive.

I started to test all the cars now with maximum power & minimum weight in each class they can be tuned to with the upgrades. This is producing some interesting results...

You read my mind. I'm missing some of the Road Cars, but I've been dreaming about the insane lap times the Alfa 4C N500 is probably capable of.

Testing at maximum power and minimum weight would be interesting!

Without ABS you'll just lock the fronts I think, not tried it though. Yeah it is annoying. It is however only 2 seconds off Gr3 cars around Interlagos which isn't exactly slow. So maybe it feels worse than it is. It does though definitely have 50m longer braking distances at T1 than Gr3. It's also going a bit quicker though, being 800+bhp and all.
Yeah, brake control is going to be a real challenge
Iirc in real life the Vulcan is faster than the Aston GT3 by either 3 or 9 seconds
I'll test the two out on Yamagiwa after school
EDIT:
I tested them both on RH and I have so much to say about them but for the sake of keeping it short, the Vulcan is surprisingly fast and is less than a second away from the Vantage in my testing
The videos will explain themselves hopefully :)
Note: Hmm I wonder how the LaFerrari would fare against the GT3...

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car can lap Suzuka East in 55 seconds.

443 hp
330 ft-lbs
2,910 lbs
6.57 lbs/hp

Versus stock:

235 hp
258 ft-lbs
2,094 lbs
8.91 lbs/hp

Added:

Gr.4
0:55.935 - Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Gr.3
0:53.223 - Porsche 911 RSR (991)
0:54.685 - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport

Gr.3 Road Cars
0:55.930 - Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car
0:56.233 - Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 Road Car

Gr.1
0:46.715 - Porsche 919 Hybrid (Porsche Team)

Gr.X

0:55.591 - Honda Project 2&4 powered by RC213V
1:03.873 - BMW i3

@JacksHerer I know you're good with the 911 RSR. I'd be curious to know how fast you'd be on this track.

Are you planning to do the N class cars with BoP on too? Would be interesting to see how they compare.

I think the times would be too close but I might try it.

I'll have a go at a few laps later, I normally avoid that track because is messes with my mind.. once I train my brain to turn right, I find myself trying to turn right on the big track :boggled:

Edit : ooo Sport Hard tires :drool:
I'm really looking forward to giving it a go now.

Edit:
@MidFieldMaven @TomPyke
I should have given up and drank my tea while it was still hot at lap 4.. but it's addictive.

I assume it's on the same daytime setting, I chose the default.

I've already had to ban myself from using RSS tires in lobbies so I can get used to driving on RH tires, even though this is going the other way, it still had the same affect on me, in that it messed with my daily suzuka qualifying on RH tires, but it's on my list of things to try again once I've reached level 40.

I felt like the seven second ring king suzuka king spinning out straight away lol
Laugh away:

Last edited:
For some reason I've done all my testing at the 14:30 time setting. Do the different times of the day affect the lap times? I hope not. I enjoyed watching you get your bearings straight, but I assure you I didn't laugh :) It takes some getting used to for sure, a lot more realistic. You were SO close to 53 seconds, only about 8 tenths slower than me.

Added one vehicle tonight, the 125cc gokart! Tires are SS because there is no way to change them.

0:52.783 - Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 Shifter

I previously tested it exactly one month and one day ago, when I had run a 0:53.842 but now my time is officially finalized and I am super-proud of this achievement.

Now that I think of it, doing a gokart time trial at every track would be interesting...

Edit:

Added one more so the gokart wouldn't be lonely:

0:54.757 - Honda Sports VGT

This is a tricky car to drive fast on SH tires. It weighs 50% less than the NSX but makes 70% of the power. It's actually 2 entire seconds faster than the NSX.

Last edited:
I haven't tested if time of day affects track grip, it may just be a placebo.
Better visibility through the entry to the esses and where the last corner apex is would help me if the sun was higher in the sky. Not sure I could make up 8 tenths though.

As long as your data is all on the same time setting, I have confidence in your data and ability to be extracting the cars performance/handling.

I didn't fancy todays sport races, so I had another go on the 14:30 track, there may be better grip as I improved to 53:863 and still had a hot cup of tea.
Then I tried it in VR, was a blast, but best I could get was 54:666

54.10secs with the RSR after 10 laps

Watched your replies and my own and realised I don't attack the kerbs anywhere near enough. Because I've never used the cockpit view and now I'm using it, I'm miles away from the edge of the track even though it looks like I'm pushing it on the screen.

You guys have so much more control as well, its beautiful to watch. How you get that speed out the last corner is incredible.

I use the bumper cam. It's what I'm used to after two decades of playing GT. I might have to pick up a PSVR because that looks like an incredible experience/sensation.

Added:

0:53.351 - Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION VGT

That's all the energy I have for tonight. Daily workout car was Toyota 86 Gr.4 which was a nice surprise so I may tackle that one tomorrow night.

Added:

0:57.350 Audi TT Cup
1:00.969 - Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT

I wanted 56 seconds in the Audi so badly but I just can't figure out how. I've tried everything!

The mighty little Copen trails the Civic Type R by a mere 3 tenths of a second. I hope Daihatsu makes something close to this concept someday soon. It would be a riot on backroads.

I can't wait for the update next week. 2000GT, Supra, and more. I need to start saving up those millions...

Added:

0:53.337 - Alpine VGT Race Mode
0:54.318 - Alpine VGT

If I turn TCS on, I might be able to do 53 seconds in the regular Alpine. I've never been more frustrated with any car than I was with this Alpine. The slightest tap of the gas and the back end will come say hello to the front. Ugh. Garbage! Race Mode makes the car MUCH easier to control.

Edit:

Re-tested the VW Golf because I don't like to finalize a time that ends in .0XX and my original best lap was 1:03.041 but after 30 minutes of cursing and sweating I finally managed a 1:02.957 and I can finally rest easy.

Last edited:
Anything coming next week that takes your fancy? and maybe jump the queue?

They'll all be top priority. I have 1 million credits right now so I'll need to do the 140k every 30 seconds exploit at Nurb 24 Hrs for an hour or two to get the money needed to buy everything right away.

Added:

0:55.425 - Mitsubishi Lancer Final Edition Gr.B Road Car

That's all for today. I've tested 75 cars so far. 2-4 weeks until I hit 100 :crazy:

Last edited:
Yeah, money glitches aren't as profitable as GT6's early life ones, I can relate there, seeing I only have costly cars left to buy.

Currently at 40 cars tested myself on Alsace, still have to refine my Excel file and actually take some time to throw a thread up, but right now our standings aren't too different.

Added:

0:53.181 - Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R
0:55.722 - Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car

Tomorrow's Tuesday and that means I have all day to do whatever I want. Expect more than 1 or 2 cars :dopey::crazy::lol:

The Viper Gr.3 was a tough one. I expected it to be, considering it has just under 700 horsepower and weighs less than 3,000 lbs. Alas, 52 seconds was not happening for me tonight. Maybe some other time.

I've run out of Road Cars until the Mileage Exchange cycles around to the ones I haven't bought :(

Back