Suzuka Circuit lap times for N-class Cars

:lol::lol::cheers: I agree 100% , if only they could also send me a TGT :rolleyes::rolleyes: ... just to do a better job :lol: .
I promess i will join the cars in the same half second / lap.

Where do i have to sign ??

When I win the Euro Millions, then I will buy PD & fire Kaz. After that the job's yours, free T-GT and all!

;)

A guy around the block from me has an Abarth 500. They actually sound pretty mean for such a tiny car.

They do have a great sound. I was attending college 5 or 6 years ago and was walking to my MX-5 when I saw a guy come down the aisle in an Abarth. In fact I heard it before I saw him lol it sounded so good. We shared a few words about each other's car and I remember being quite jealous as he drove away. Though with all the reliability problems I hear about, I'm glad I stayed away. They can be purchased for so cheap though, figure around $10k or less for one with less than 50k miles last time I checked!

The US version have a different exhaust than the rest of the world, here you have to spec an option or go aftermarket to have the full mean sound.

Tested:

2:24.199 - Alfa Romeo 4C '14

Not the easiest car to drive. Turbocharged, short wheelbase, MR...Blindingly fast, though. It's 5.5 seconds faster than the MR2 GT-S for example. Five and a half seconds! Chalk that up to a massive weight reduction and flappy paddle gearbox. It's only a half-second slower than Supra '19. I was on a 2:23.9 pace for several of the following laps, but l couldn't keep the car in check. Maybe with more laps, I'd accomplish that. But this is a strictly 10-lap time trial, not like Tsukuba where I'd lap certain cars until I cracked mentally.

Tested:

2:15.920 - Nissan GT-R '17

About 7 tenths slower than the Nismo version. Both cars reach about 159 mph going into Turn 1, but the Nismo seemed to have less body roll/understeer. In real life, a base GT-R costs $100,000 while the Nismo is an astronomical $175,000. The price increase isn't worth only 7 tenths of a second on a long track like Suzuka.

Last edited:
Just curious, do you refer to the optimum lap on the in-race split menu while you are hot-lapping? Do you often get a "perfect" lap, where all sectors are blue?
How perfectionist are you? Are you satisfied with your fastest lap even if one sector maybe red? Or would that niggle you?

Just curious, do you refer to the optimum lap on the in-race split menu while you are hot-lapping? Do you often get a "perfect" lap, where all sectors are blue?
How perfectionist are you? Are you satisfied with your fastest lap even if one sector maybe red? Or would that niggle you?

I never check the split times. I just try to do the best I can for 10 laps and record the best lap. I was more of a perfectionist at Tsukuba because it was a short track and it was easier to string together a perfect lap. Suzuka is much more difficult. You could be doing amazing and then lose focus for a split second at the 130R corner or the final S-turn and lose everything in an instant. So I keep the best of 10 laps which isn't always as fast as I know I could be, but it's fast enough to be challenging.

VBR
@MidFieldMaven - Are these tests done with BoP on or off? I'm guessing Off...

Yes, it's off. It's the only way to compare N-class cars as they would be in real life.

I never check the split times. I just try to do the best I can for 10 laps and record the best lap. I was more of a perfectionist at Tsukuba because it was a short track and it was easier to string together a perfect lap. Suzuka is much more difficult. You could be doing amazing and then lose focus for a split second at the 130R corner or the final S-turn and lose everything in an instant. So I keep the best of 10 laps which isn't always as fast as I know I could be, but it's fast enough to be challenging.

Yes, I imagine down that path madness lies...
Please don't think I was implying you aren't thorough enough :lol:

I didn't even check to see what time I got in the NA MX-5 before I tested this car. Check this out:

2:43.419 - Toyota Sprinter Trueno 1600GT (APEX) '83
2:43.435 - Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA) '89

I am recording the replay right now, but I was too excited about the result that I couldn't wait to share these findings. Incredible! Both are lightweight, RWD, retractable headlights, 1.6L 80s cars. They are basically identical!

Edit: Replay added!

Last edited:
I didn't even check to see what time I got in the NA MX-5 before I tested this car. Check this out:

2:43.419 - Toyota Sprinter Trueno 1600GT (APEX) '83
2:43.435 - Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA) '89

I am recording the replay right now, but I was too excited about the result that I couldn't wait to share these findings. Incredible! Both are lightweight, RWD, retractable headlights, 1.6L 80s cars. They are basically identical!

"If an AE86 can do it, I can too!"

Had to bring up that quote, the fact that those two have so much in common and managed to get almost identical times reminded me of that.

Tested:

2:55.695 - Honda S660 '15

Slower than the Beat. Yes, slower! Only by <2 tenths, the exact opposite of Tsukuba. The S660 has 33 more ft-lbs of torque but weighs 155 lbs (70 kg) more. I'd like to pick up a S660 when it becomes legal in the USA after 25 years, so 2040. Will gas-powered cars even be allowed on the roads by then? Who knows!

Tested:

2:20.344 - Lamborghini Miura P400 Prototype CN.0706 '67

I did several laps prior to this one, but I hit a wall and scuffed the paint so I decided to restart. Ended up getting my best time on that out-lap. It's probably capable of high 2:19's if you're an alien or just get very lucky. The car handles weird in that it only seems to rotate when off-throttle. Anyway, it's a half-second slower than C7 Corvette, and almost a whole second faster than Audi R8 4.2 V8.

I feel ashamed to say that I made a mistake in the Fiat 500 F. I was looking through my cars and noticed the Fiat had 40-something horsepower. I bought a new one and did a quick lap at Suzuka with the DS4 controller just to see, and sure enough, I tested the modified car. I wasted 30+ minutes testing the WRONG CAR. The stock one did a 3:55 and I can only imagine it being 2-3 seconds faster, at most. The modified one did 3:17 and I should've checked before testing. I might have to re-test the car at Tsukuba, too. Not sure. I'm 99.9% sure this is the only car I've screwed up with.

I feel ashamed to say that I made a mistake in the Fiat 500 F. I was looking through my cars and noticed the Fiat had 40-something horsepower. I bought a new one and did a quick lap at Suzuka with the DS4 controller just to see, and sure enough, I tested the modified car. I wasted 30+ minutes testing the WRONG CAR. The stock one did a 3:55 and I can only imagine it being 2-3 seconds faster, at most. The modified one did 3:17 and I should've checked before testing. I might have to re-test the car at Tsukuba, too. Not sure. I'm 99.9% sure this is the only car I've screwed up with.

Of all the cars, literally the slowest one!!

Back