Suzuka Circuit lap times for N-class Cars

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by MidFieldMaven, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Jmac279

Jmac279

Nx00 only refers to power rating

N100 = <150 ps
    N200 = 150-249 ps
    N300 = 250-349 ps
    N400 = 350-449 ps
    etc.

Doesn't account for anything else that affects performance.

MidFieldMaven likes this.
  2. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

0:54.452 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)

Ties the mighty Bugatti Veyron for fastest car so far. This lap time is half a second faster than the pre-v1.23 physics. The only cars faster than the Veyron pre-v1.23 were the McLaren F1 and Ferrari LaFerrari. We'll see if 52 second laps are possible, as I have a feeling 53 seconds is definitely going to happen.

3. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

0:53.831 - Ferrari LaFerrari
    0:54.196 - McLaren F1
    0:56.952 - Audi R8 4.2

LaFerrari is crowned King once again. Somehow, I was faster in that car pre-v1.23 by less than a tenth of a second.
    However, I was half a second quicker this time in the McLaren F1, but still unable to complete a lap in 53 seconds.
    The R8 is a solid supercar. I remember liking the V8 more than the V10 in previous GT's. It's extremely stable easy to drive.

4. GT_Alex74

GT_Alex74

Same here for the R8 V8 / V10 on GT6. The V8 was only 3 tenths behind on Trial Mountain. it's still a very nicely balanced car in GTS.

Rotorist and MidFieldMaven like this.
  5. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

It's a shame we don't have Trial Mountain or Midfield Raceway anymore, isn't it? Sigh. The V10 was over a second faster at Midfield, but I was using a DS3 at the time.

Tested:

0:58.737 - Toyota Supra RZ
    0:58.853 - Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

These two are like twins. I'd say if you're looking for a Supra, save the $60,000 and just buy a 5 year old Genesis Coupe for a quarter of the price.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  6. oinksnork

oinksnork

After inserting the data in the spreadsheet I noticed that the LaFerrari is indeed the fastest car. It is a whopping 0.01% faster around the two circuits (weighted, 3:2 for Tsukuba and Suzuka respectively)

sirjim73 and MidFieldMaven like this.
  7. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

0:55.252 - Toyota S-FR Racing Concept
    0:55.272 - Nissan GT-R Nismo
    1:00.983 - BMW M3 Sport Evolution

S-FR ties the GT-R Nismo. Wow.
    M3 scrapes by with a 1:00 finish. If it weren't for a horrible tendency to oversteer, causing me to be careful coming out of corners, it would be faster than the Toyota 86.

8. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

1:00.215 - Ford Focus ST
    0:59.985 - Ford F-150 SVT Raptor

The Raptor is only a few tenths slower than the Civic Type R :lol: I can't believe it's a sub-1:00 car (truck!) Prior to the update, it ran a 1:01.5

9. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

0:58.140 - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)

Six tenths of a second faster than the Toyota Supra. Very close to 57 seconds, but I don't have the patience/time to grind out a perfect lap. I spent just under 30 miles on this car, to get my daily reward car (another Ford GT that I can't sell...)

10. sirjim73

sirjim73

So, you'll have 2 more 911s to test next week sometime ...! Damn PD and their duplicates :lol:...

More seriously will be interesting to see how the 3 lap times compare. Obviously the RS will be quicker, but by how much?

11. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

I had no idea there was an update coming next week. NSX Type R! I wonder if it's the '92 or '02...Most likely '02 but I can hope for '92...Nissan 300ZX! I'm guessing the '89 Premium from GT6. Fuji Speedway?!?!? I should make that my next testing grounds, for a trio of Japanese tracks :lol:

Rotorist and sirjim73 like this.
  12. sirjim73

sirjim73

1992 and 1989 :tup:

88GTA, Rotorist and MidFieldMaven like this.
  13. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

I have been begging for a premium '92 NSX Type R for a very long time. I think Kaz heard my prayers :lol:

14. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

1:00.873 - Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC)
    1:02.588 - Peugeot RC-Z GT Line

FC RX-7 ties the Toyota 86 (not the AE86...though I hope that car will be ported over soon!)
    Peugeot RC-Z is a single tenth of a second quicker than the 1.5L Mazda Roadster.

15. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

0:57.868 - Ford Mustang GT
    1:00.417 - Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A

Mustang is 1 second quicker than Hyundai Genesis Coupe.
    Supra is 4 tenths faster than FC RX-7.

16. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

0:55.842 - Honda NSX
    0:58.449 - Audi TTS Coupe

Had to do it, knowing the original Type R is coming this week! Managed a blistering 55 seconds despite some initial trouble getting below 56 seconds. The handling is a little strange. Honda should have kept the traditional MR style instead of playing it safe/slow with the 4WD...

If I had to guess, the NSX Type R '92 will do a 57 second lap.

Audi TTS is only 1.5 seconds behind its super-big brother R8.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  17. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Last two for the day...

0:55.472 - Ferrari F40
    1:01.258 - Volkswagen Golf VII GTI

F40 is half a second quicker than KTM X-BOW R.
    Golf VII GTI is only less than half a second slower than Toyota 86, but the handling can't compare. 86 controls like a dream.

sirjim73, oinksnork and GT_Alex74 like this.
  18. OJT6627

OJT6627

@MidFieldMaven Honest question: how do you handle LaFerrari so easily?

Driving this car is a total spinfest for me. Spins wheels even on 4th gear sometimes. Tyre model update improved the grip of the car, but it still isn't stable enough for me. McLaren F1 is fastest road car in my experience :lol:

Also, i think that LaFerrari is immensely overpowered in GTS. In pretty much every sim i watched on YT, LaF hits 320-325 km/h on Nordschleife straight. In GTS, it hits 370+ :boggled:

19. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

0:57.969 - Nissan R34 GT-R V-spec II Nur

It took all of my strength to muster a 57 second time in the R34. Spent 30 minutes and this was the result of around 20 laps + a few restarts. Had to make my daily quota just in case I don't feel like playing after work :D

As for the LaFerrari, it's a pain. I didn't enjoy it at all. Anxiety levels were through the roof. No idea how I managed 53 seconds in it, honestly :boggled:

20. Rotorist

Rotorist

Can you remember and tell me if KTX is like a smaller F40 in its handling? Since they both are MR and light and not high-tech, they should be more than similar imho on the way they react close or over the limit.

21. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

0:59.858 - Chevrolet Corvette C3
    1:01.269 - Peugeot 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport

C3 Corvette joins the sub-minute club. It ties with the MR2 GT-S and is a tenth quicker than the F-150 Raptor.

Can't make this up. The 208 GTi ties the Golf VII GTI, almost identically.

As for the KTM and F40, I watched my replays again.

Top speed on the straightaway:

158 mph - F40
    143 mph- KTM

F40 feels like an absolute torpedo exiting a corner, while the KTM is more linear and stable.

sirjim73, oinksnork, Rotorist and 2 others like this.
  22. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

I woke up at 5am this morning to download the update and test my favorite car in the world. I drove 50 miles around Suzuka East and this was the best I could do.

0:58.352 - Honda NSX Type R

I predicted a 57 second lap time, but it just won't do that. Still, it's 1.5 seconds faster than the MR2 GT-S and only a tenth slower than the Alpine A110. Unfortunately, the FD RX-7 is faster by 2 tenths, mostly because it is less twitchy/sensitive than the NSX.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  23. oinksnork

oinksnork

I have updated the spreadsheet to include the new cars (except for things like displacement, horsepower etc. because this needs info needs to come from the game directly, so not available whilst commuting)
    Very interested to see what the new Porsches will do. Maybe they will be the first DLC cars to fix the meta their respective tier (and not break a perfectly good meta (looking at you A110 1600S)).
    And it might make the N300 class more competitive. looking forward to these results.

edit: Have updated the spreadsheet further. The new Mazda will probably be between the R34 Skyline and the X-Bow, so that is interesting (although, the skinny tires might nerf its good power to weight ratio)
    And if the handling of the 911 991 is anything to go by, the 911 997 might actually stick it to the S-FR Racing Concept.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    sirjim73 and MidFieldMaven like this.
  24. Rotorist

Rotorist

Glad to see that both in real life or GTS, FD RX7 Spirit R can lose on track only by R34 V-Spec or NSX-R 2002. Evo or STi special models sometimes won just because of their drivers taking less risk when on limit or above, those being 4WD with great differentials. What a great period for car enthusiasts that was (1990-2005). Now computers and ultra grippy tires took over and make even mediocre chassis seem great.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    CarreransxGT and MidFieldMaven like this.
  25. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

0:56.042 - Porsche 911 GT3 (997)
    0:59.592 - Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater

I lost a few hairs on the top of my head trying to squeeze one more tenth of a second from the 997's time. S-FR Concept is still the reigning champion of N400 class.

300ZX is a mere 3 tenths quicker than Toyota MR2 GT-S and ties the Civic Type R.

sirjim73, oinksnork, Rotorist and 2 others like this.
  26. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

0:55.959 - Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe
    0:56.947 - Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01

Viper ties the KTM X-BOW R. I need to see how the other two Vipers compare. Tomorrow I will test the Viper and NSX Type R at Tsukuba.

Porsche 996 is basically one whole second slower than the 997. It's half a second quicker than the Alfa 4C.

27. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

0:58.842 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo.Final
    1:00.292 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo.IV GSR

Less than 1.5 seconds separates the Evo X from the Evo IV.

Evo X is 4 tenths behind the Audi TTS and trails the R34 GT-R by 9 tenths.
    Evo IV ties the Focus ST.

28. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

0:58.435 - Nissan R32 GT-R V-spec II
    0:58.719 - Subaru WRX STI Type S

R32 is only a half-second slower than R34...
    WRX STI is a tenth faster than Lancer Evo.Final and ties with the Supra RZ.

GT_Alex74, sirjim73, Rotorist and 2 others like this.
  29. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Tested:

0:57.561 - Mazda RX500

A tenth slower than Alfa 4C.

Why does PD include cars in the N-category that never made it to production? I don't think they should be doing that. This belongs in Gr.X

GT_Alex74 and oinksnork like this.
  30. oinksnork

oinksnork

I think this car fits really good in the n300 class. It would be a shame if one couldn't use it because it is placed in gr.x.

But technically you are right, it isn't a road car, but neither is the sf-r concept, s2000 GT1 turbo, Vulcan, the Plymouth, miura and roadcars.
    I am glad they are included (even more if a gt3 Vulcan would be included)