Suzuki Cappuccino RM Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mchid81
  • 526 comments
  • 33,473 views
You wouldnt of got away from me so easy but my cat fell off her sleeping post and didnt get up right away so I stopped to see what was up. Surprised it only took me down to 3rd though and I was able to reclaim 2nd at the finish.
What's up with all the animal passive-aggressive behavior lately? First Metyltest's dog takes a dump on his carpet at Eiger, then your cat plays dead. :dunce:

J/K hope she's ok.
 
my dog starts feel neglected and likes to sit on my pedals/feet in the middle of races haha
 
Just like Ning, I couldn't get lap times nearly as low as online practice sessions. On Sunday I was running consistent 1:24.2's with my fastest lap being 1:23.8 but yesterday the best I could do in the entire race was around 1:25 flat and I was within 1/10th of that in about 15 of my laps I think. I used to think stuff like this was in my head but I can see now it's real...lol. The level of grip on tracks does seem to vary from host to host and race to race. When we went to Laguna after the race I was expecting it to be be a skating rink but surprisingly I had mountains of grip.

Not sure what it all means or what you can do about it if anything, but it kind of sucks when you think about it!!
 
Just like Ning, I couldn't get lap times nearly as low as online practice sessions. On Sunday I was running consistent 1:24.2's with my fastest lap being 1:23.8 but yesterday the best I could do in the entire race was around 1:25 flat and I was within 1/10th of that in about 15 of my laps I think. I used to think stuff like this was in my head but I can see now it's real...lol. The level of grip on tracks does seem to vary from host to host and race to race. When we went to Laguna after the race I was expecting it to be be a skating rink but surprisingly I had mountains of grip.

Not sure what it all means or what you can do about it if anything, but it kind of sucks when you think about it!!

Yeah I'm not sure. I ran a 1:23.5xx in my private test, then a 1:23.3xx with Booch and CIAFlux in Booch's room but my pole was a 1:23.8, and it was also my fastest lap during the race. In fact every lap I ran in Booch's room was a 23 (only 5 laps). That was literally 30 seconds from joining Mchid81's room. Then my first 5 laps were 25,24,24,23,24... weird.
 
Ning, I noticed that MyLounge has several settings for race quality. Perhaps different settings (high, normal, etc) coupled with different connection speed could explain the difference in time.

I have noticed that the same track will offer different grip from race to race. Maybe there is some randomness built in to the online races. That wold be consistent with real life too.
 
i noticed that too ning. I think i might have said something but i have a bad habit of muting my mic and talking while i'm muted haha But the laps in my lounge were faster for sure. I can't really compare my times of practice and race because i was constantly adjusting things so i didn't really set a benchmark for myself
 
You know I would have thought the same thing, that weekends are too busy for most, but it seems like 99% of the series out there are Fri to Sunday so I can't find anything to join in, which frankly sucks...lol.

I'll race anything but I'd like to try a spec series with some more hp. Don't have much experience with any FF cars so that would be a challenge. I'd do the March too but I'd rather step it up a bit if I had a choice.

You've done an awesome job Mchid and it would be great if you could host again. If not, maybe someone, or a couple of guys can step up and take over the hosting duties and maybe you could look after things in the background or something like that.

I vote for the Integra RM and a later starting time on Tuesday (I cannot make 8 pm; more like 9:30 pm). But if that is too late for folks, no worries.

I am definitely not looking forward to any more Cappuccino. To me, it is so hard to drive fast for a small slow car. I did learn a lot of driving and tuning (from iForce, thanks!).
 
I'm pondering doing a series with the Clio Trophy cars. Would anyone be interested is this? I know there's a serties running in this section with the Premium Clio Sport cars, but this is he Clio Trophy cars that were brought over from GT4. :)
 
CAMikaze
I'm pondering doing a series with the Clio Trophy cars. Would anyone be interested is this? I know there's a serties running in this section with the Premium Clio Sport cars, but this is he Clio Trophy cars that were brought over from GT4. :)

I second this!
 
I'm pondering doing a series with the Clio Trophy cars. Would anyone be interested is this? I know there's a serties running in this section with the Premium Clio Sport cars, but this is he Clio Trophy cars that were brought over from GT4. :)

Man I'll race anything...lol. My main priority is I just can't do it on the weekends. I would like the cars to be somewhat different from the Cappucino's in terms of weight and hp and I would assume the Clio's are heavier and more powerful so it could be fun.
 
If I was picking the car it would be the RM Silvia.
 
Congrats to Ning for the win.I looked at the replay and you were .3 sec a lap faster.I also wanted to see what happened on lap when i seemed to catch up so fast under braking.I thought i caught a huge draft and missed the braking zone but it turns out that Ning hit the brakes way too early and the only way i was going to stop was to ram him or dive across the curb and take the penalty.At that point in the race i was planning to just run in your draft and save the car until the last few laps but that plan lasted about half a lap.


As i said last night in the chat i also seem to have trouble getting tire temps to come up when in Mchid's room.I can setup my lounge and run .5 sec faster then go to the track and struggle to get the same times.Yuri said the when we switched to Laguna that he had grip again,i found the same thing.The weird thing is that when i opened my lounge to test today i had the opposite problem-no grip at all.I did 10 laps and the rear tires were still dark blue,like the color of the 2 walk bridges @ Seca blue.My connection is NAT-2 and the room was set to standard quality.I even changed the quality of the connection to low and very high and saw no difference.
:dunce:

Maybe we should just run with tire wear off...


I'll try the Clio out Cam.Sort out the specs and let us know were and when.
 
Looks like I won't be able to attend the final race of the Tuesday series. I acquired some free tickets for the Bolts game that night against the Senators. Looks like race 5 is going to be the race I drop for the final standings so 90 points is what I'll finish the season with.

I should be there for the finale on Sunday though.
 
So if I finish 1st on the last race we will be tied if my math is correct....
 
Practice Lobby is Closed.
 
Last edited:
Looks like I won't be able to do this Sunday's race after all - during the day on Sunday I will have to help my girlfriend move to a new house. Sorry to back out right after signing on, but real life takes priority.
 
Great race tonight! Congrats to NingDynasty on the win!

Cape Ring South - Mar. 22
1. NingDynasty - 29:50.044
2. CIAFlux - 29:58.635
3. IforceV8 - 30:00.384
4. Yuritardid - 30:09.177
5. Mchid81 - 30:48.148
6. GTP_CAMikaze - 30:59.614
7. CoolJetta3 - 31:35.944
8. Sparky69 - 32:38.821
9. Booch16 - DNF
10. Davezilla17 - DNF

Looks like I missed a great race. Hopefully this weeks race will be just as exciting with 10+ drivers involved. A crowded corkscrew...what could be better?
 
This weekend my wife and I will be moving finally so I don't think I will be able to host tomorrows Sunday Series race at Laguna Seca (18 Laps). If anyone in the series would be able to host it tomorrow at 3PM let me know. If not we will have to postpone the race to next weekend.
 
So if I finish 1st on the last race we will be tied if my math is correct....

Looks like I'll have to make sure I beat you Sunday then, just in-case you win on Tuesday.

This weekend my wife and I will be moving finally so I don't think I will be able to host tomorrows Sunday Series race at Laguna Seca (18 Laps). If anyone in the series would be able to host it tomorrow at 3PM let me know. If not we will have to postpone the race to next weekend.

I can give it a shot if no one else steps up to do it. The next two weeks aren't an option for me and I joined this series because it'd be over before I left on vacation. Besides, I can't let Prophet get a freebie.
 
Ning, you are hosting the race today? Looking forward to the race today, Laguna is one of the best tracks!
 
I never heard from Mchid81 but I'll put the room up at 3. I'll make sure to send out requests to any of the Sunday drivers I don't have on my friends list.
 
I never heard from Mchid81 but I'll put the room up at 3. I'll make sure to send out requests to any of the Sunday drivers I don't have on my friends list.

Thanks for hosting the race today! Sorry I didn't get with you earlier about it. We are still in the process of moving. :crazy:

I'm hoping I will be able to host the Tuesday Night race this week but since I'm starting a new job tomorrow I'm not sure yet. I might be working up to 8PM but I will let you guys know as soon as I find out. 👍
 
Hope you can make it Chid!
 
I think I can squeeze in a race before the SuperGT race today. Wait for me! :D
 
Fun race for me as I was racing with V16 for last place. We must have traded positions like 2x per lap. A little bumping going on, but all in good fun.

Ning, thanks for hosting the race yesterday. I will not miss driving this little car. Always about 3 to 5 seconds off pace.

So are we doing the Clip trophy car (the premium) next? If so, what is the day/time?
 
after 9 days away...I come home to find my U-verse disconnected. Not only missed the race yesterday, but both NCAA B-ball games since my DVR was offline. After 3 hours with AT&T, found out my neighbor had someone up on the telephone pole the day before I got home and the moron accidentally disconnected the phone lines to my home and just left it. Once a man came out, he climbed the pole and everything was fine in 5 minutes :banghead:

Yesterday sucked
 
Heh, I had a good time with Snoopy, fought from like lap 3 to lap 15. Then I have to go wide at the hairpin, try too hard to get by though turn 2, spin out and that was it for me...but I must say, the new setup I had proved to make a huge difference since I actually managed to put up a fight to not finish last :lol: But it's been a good time guys. Think I'll move on to another championship after this unless someone is still hosting another series around here. By the way, check out the championship I've been planning...the Exotic Challenge Cup. It's turned out to be a massive fail so far :p
 
Well it looks like I won't be able to host the Tuesday Night race tomorrow. After my first day at the new job my hours got moved around to 12:30pm to 1 or 2am. :crazy:.

I hope the race went well for everyone yesterday. If someone will post the results from Sunday's race I will get the points updated and get the prize cars out as soon as I can. Since there is a 1 million credit trade limit I will substitute the Ferrari Enzo with your choice of a GT500 Race car (950,000 credits) from the new car dealership for first place.
 
Sorry you can't host Mchid. Ning are you up to the task again? You going to be here tonight?
 
Back