Suzuki Cappuccino RM Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mchid81
  • 526 comments
  • 33,473 views
I went back went into photo mode at the start,i am just past the S/F line going 35 mph,the unlucky 3 are several car lengths ahead of me, and the leader is at the apex of turn 1.The strange thing is that when i look at my car i see no damage to the rear but their has to be some if the impact trashed your engine.
 
IforceV8
I went back went into photo mode at the start,i am just past the S/F line going 35 mph,the unlucky 3 are several car lengths ahead of me, and the leader is at the apex of turn 1.The strange thing is that when i look at my car i see no damage to the rear but their has to be some if the impact trashed your engine.

It could have been due to a lag issue that he got damage and you didn't.

As for the starting issue its an unfortunate issue of the game not being perfect. There is no way to have restarted the race (to my knowledge) and still get the same starting lineup.

Diabolic I didn't really disagree with you, I was just thinking back to frustration I had fighting through to finally get 4th in the first race. I still feel like I was fast enough to get a lead right away and stay there. I'm sure IForceV8 felt the same way today. And though it wasn't for a win you feel you deserved better.

Perphas we should discuss implementing a pace lap at the start of the race. That way if there are any timing issues after qualifying or people starting late (Due to a glitch like today) we have a lap to figure it out. We'd just have to discuss how to handle the drop of the green flag.
 
3 things PD needs to work on:

1. Don't start the race when one driver is lagging out
2. Come up with some kind of restart function
3. starting grid manager where cars can be positioned for more serious race leagues

Race should have been restarted but i didn't even think about it during the race. Get a mic, had you complained we might have been able to talk everyone into a restart. :sly:
 
3 things PD needs to work on:

1. Don't start the race when one driver is lagging out
2. Come up with some kind of restart function
3. starting grid manager where cars can be positioned for more serious race leagues

Race should have been restarted but i didn't even think about it during the race. Get a mic, had you complained we might have been able to talk everyone into a restart. :sly:

Don't forget better qualifying time display and displaying the split times of the person in front and behind if you are not the leader.
 
Don't forget better qualifying time display and displaying the split times of the person in front and behind if you are not the leader.

its little details like this that make me laugh every time i see "the real driving simulator" it's as if PD never once looked at what a real race car team does, or even look at a real race simulator :crazy:
 
I've been meaning to get a mic, but starting this friday I have to be out of town for 9 days, so didnt see need to rush the purchase. :banghead:

I do like that in the replay mode I can see the section splits for the various racers. The second section I was only .1 slower than the top pace, but the first and third section I was miles (over .5 seconds) behind. I think coming off the first corner and the turn heading into the back stretch I needed to be in third, whereas my crummy automatic kept dropping down to 2nd :sad: costing me 3-4 mph over just about everyone. Hope next race goes smoothly for all and I'll see you for week 5.
 
Last edited:
its little details like this that make me laugh every time i see "the real driving simulator" it's as if PD never once looked at what a real race car team does, or even look at a real race simulator :crazy:

That is why it says "driving" not "racing".
 
I've been meaning to get a mic, but starting this friday I have to be out of town for 9 days, so didnt see need to rush the purchase. :banghead:

I do like that in the replay mode I can see the section splits for the various racers. The second section I was only .1 slower than the top pace, but the first and third section I was miles (over .5 seconds) behind. I think coming off the first corner and the turn heading into the back stretch I needed to be in third, whereas my crummy automatic kept dropping down to 2nd :sad: costing me 3-4 mph over just about everyone. Hope next race goes smoothly for all and I'll see you for week 5.

You have to run manual to stay competitive in this car. The shift points for the automatic transmission are horrible. In 3rd if your shifting after 8000rpm you are losing time and 4th you need to shift before 8000.
 
From my perspective I just saw iForceV8 car just stopped on the grid and each car behind him smashing into each other because of the block. You could tell it was a serious glitch. Everyone in the right lane sailed on by
 
From my perspective I just saw iForceV8 car just stopped on the grid and each car behind him smashing into each other because of the block. You could tell it was a serious glitch. Everyone in the right lane sailed on by

I started behind iforcev8 and saw he wasnt moving and turned to avoid him.

People might want to consider to move a little to the left or right after starting in case there is a stopped car on track or if someone gets a false start penalty so they dont ram them.
 
I started behind iforcev8 and saw he wasnt moving and turned to avoid him.

People might want to consider to move a little to the left or right after starting in case there is a stopped car on track or if someone gets a false start penalty so they dont ram them.

for me, towards the back of the pack, i was in the middle of a pile-up before i even saw the pile-up. Everything looked fine and i even tried to turn left a bit to avoid the pile-up when i heard people on the mic, but the lag jumped me forward into the pile-up before i could really do anything

It's really one of the most dangerous moments in a real race with a standing start. You see crashes all the time if one car fails to start for whatever reason.
 
We can qualify, have someone take down the grid order, and then run a 1 lap race where we just march in procession according to the qualifying order. Then start the real race immediately (as long as the order is set to fastest first).

Or we can march in reverse order if the starting grid is set to slowest first.

I think that is easier than to have a first lap march. All sorts of weird mayhem could result. Of course, this requires everyone to cross the finish line in the right order, but I do not think this is a problem in this series.

Personally, I usually qualify at the tail but start higher so I have no complaints! Ha.
 
Good race last night. Congrats to CIAFlux on the win! Not sure what happened on the start with the lag. My race started fine but next thing I know I'm in the pileup with heavy engine damage. :ouch:

I've updated the Race Results and Points Standings on the first post.


Tsukuba Circuit - Mar. 15th
1. CIAFlux - 28:36.118
2. NingDynasty - 28:38.166
3. IforceV8 - 28:49.689
4. Yuritardid - 28:54.812
5. xxIceman2403xx - 29:03.681
6. Davezilla17 - 29:16.757
7. Mchid81 - 29:17.019
8. Booch16 - 29:34.028
9. GTP_CAMikaze - 29:35.204
10. Diabolicwyvern - 29:42.654
11. CoolJetta3 - 29:52.208
12. LuckyJackson86 - 29:57.239
13. Sparky69 - 30:14.923
14. Vic20x - 30:40.416


Tuesday Night Series Points Standings
1. 65pts - NingDynasty (Bri-Y)
2. 64pts - IforceV8
3. 61pts - xxIceman2403xx
4. 59pts - CIAFlux (Prophet)
5. 54pts - Yuritardid (Johnnypenso)
6. 38pts - Mchid81
7. 31pts - Davezilla17 (Captain Slow)
8. 25pts - LuckyJackson86
9. 23pts - Diabolicwyvern
10. 21pts - Vic20x
11. 19pts - GTP_CAMikaze
12. 18pts - Booch16 (Polizei)
13. 12pts - Sparky69
14. 10pts - CoolJetta3
15. 7pts - T-Money645
 
Looks like I was 1.7 seconds slower on Tuesday then Sunday. But over 28 laps in 2 races that isn't to bad.
 
IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!

I just found out today that my wife and I have to move to a new house this weekend. :ouch: I will not be able to host the Thursday Night practice session or this weekends Sunday Series race.

To keep the series on track this week, Prophet (CIAFlux) has volunteered to host tomorrow nights practice session and this Sunday's race. 👍 Please add his psn: CIAFlux to join his lobby for both sessions. Thursday practice @ 6PM and Sunday Series race @ 3PM.

Also if anyone would like to put up pictures of last nights race please feel free. I will be very busy packing boxes until the weekend to get any posted.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
 
Not one of your races but a Cappuccino Rm race from lastnight. The guy I raced said he was from Gt Planet. I would like to join your race series. If you can pm me and let me know if I make the cut or not that would be great. I dont get on here much.


​
 
I'd love to join for sunday: my psn is cheezburger8808; color is orange body and rims #47.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I finally received the charger for my bluetooth headset that I ordered 3 weeks ago, so I will finally be able to chat in game tomorrow. :)
 
Wow, I didn't realize so many people were affected by this lag at the start of the race. Maybe what we could do is a pace lap, back to the original grid as it's marked on the track and then the leader who has a mic or Mchid or the host can call the start at a certain mark on the race timer. That way we can make sure everyone appears in the race.

Now what to do if someone is sitting in black screen for a minute or two we'd have to figure that out...but it might resolve itself most of the time.
 
Luckily, we're only counting 4 of the 5 races towards points. Hope the next two weeks are smooth sailing for all parties.
 
Wow, I didn't realize so many people were affected by this lag at the start of the race. Maybe what we could do is a pace lap, back to the original grid as it's marked on the track and then the leader who has a mic or Mchid or the host can call the start at a certain mark on the race timer. That way we can make sure everyone appears in the race.

Now what to do if someone is sitting in black screen for a minute or two we'd have to figure that out...but it might resolve itself most of the time.
Not sure that will work since it was the impact that brought me back into the race.-EDIT- I wonder if a "bump start" would be enough to get back in?
 
Last edited:
how I have to do to talk by bluetooth mine is conected whith the ps3 but , not the game , anybody can tell me
 
UPDATE:

It turns out we will be moving next weekend instead of this one. I will be able to host tomorrows Sunday Series race. I will still need someone to host next Sundays race on the 27th. If anyone in the Sunday series wants to host let me know.
 
I have a practice lobby open right now if anyone is interested.

EDIT: Lobby Closed
 
Last edited:
Talking with IforceV8 today, I heard in the Thursday practice session you guys practiced starts. It sounds like the best way to start the race and avoid any lag issues is to add one lap to the race and have the first lap be a parade lap. Then everyone would start at say the 5:00 minute mark on the Total Time clock. This will give you a chance to warm up the tires and hopefully avoid any lag issues for the start.
 
Back