Suzuki Cappuccino Super Lap: Streets of Willow

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 90 comments

JogoAsobi

Premium
Suzuki Cappuccino Super Lap: Streets of Willow

Cappucino_SOW.jpg

Image ^ insert courtesy @GRANKUSTOM's GT6 Seasonal Events DATABASE thread.

Period of Availability: 05/08/2014 – 06/05/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC
Ratings Registration: 05/08/2014 – 05/22/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC
(Click here to convert 3:00 GMT/UTC to your local time).

Times:
Bronze: 1:42:000
Silver: 1:36:000
Gold: 1:33:500

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.28,000
Silver: Cr.40,000
Gold Cr.80,000 + GT GUNMETAL 010-W paint chip.

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.
PP: 400, Tires: CM, Nitrous cannot be installed.

Eligible Cars:
Cappuccino (EA21R) '95
Cappuccino (EA11R) '91

Course Conditions:
Time: 10:00
Precipitation: 0%

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 - @Otaliema

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 - @Downhill Dino

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 - @Nick Skyline

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 - @JogoAsobi - Parts only/non-tune :lol:

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 - @Bowtie-muscle

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 - @GTP_CargoRatt - Cargo's "RattsNest" Hot Lap Speed Shop

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 - @DolHaus - Haus of Flying Daggers

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 - @et_

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91 - @krenkme - Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws

Seasonal tunes directory
here maintained by @XS.

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

----------------------------------------------
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
— Ayrton Senna
Streets of Willow 3-Lap Instructional Video

Last edited:
I`ve never been on
"Streets of Willow with a Suzuki Cappuccino"
so it`ll be a totally new experience.

Sounds like a coming new KAZ documentary.

How convenient, I've been driving this car on this track. Awesome.

Also who is actually going to drive the EA11R?

et_
Sooo tired of willow! I hated it from the start, and it is'nt getting better.

According to people I know who track there IRL...
...it flows better CCW, and is also run that way IRL.

GT6 doesn't include the configuration at present.
It would be nice to have for added variation.

Last edited:
Should've been on Silverstone Stowe. Still fun though. The more I drove this track with this car, the more I loved it!!!! Top 500 time atm around 460th place with room to shed 1 second off with my limited skills.

Still in the top 500- barely after a good hot lap this morning. I've gotta learn to shift better- mid 1:29's manual- 1:28's auto. After using auto for like 14 years of playing Gran Turismo- manual is still killing me. (like I said "LIMITED SKILLS" :) But that's the only way to get a top time, so off to work to get that down pat. Shooting for my 2nd top 1000 in a month though. (London 777th)

Last edited:
Still have the migraine proly why this one took so long.
Like the LLC weight is not a problem with this guy power is.
This is not a min money tune this is a your going to have fun tune. and get gold very very easily. I did a 1:32.9xx that was very sloppy. So i left a ton on the track with this guy.

Shift point for MT users is 8500 RPM if you take it to red line you will suffer a ton of acceleration loss.
EA(21R) '95
+2 inch rims
FCT
Five speed trans (I can't think clear enough to build one atm)
FC LSD
TPC
CDS
Engine 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Iso Exhaust Mani
Cat Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Mid Turbo
Carbon hood
Window Weight

RH 117/97
SR 3.55/3.85
Dampers
Comp 6/3
Ext 3/6
ARB 3/4
Camber 0/0
Toe -0.25/-0.05
brakes 8/6

LSD 5/5/9

Power limiter 84.7%

Ballast
200kg pos -5

Faster more unstable set up
Adjust the following
LSD 5/15/9
Power Limiter 84.5%
Ballast 200kg pos 50

If you can keep it clean and the tail in check thouse small changes will take half a second or more off the time.

This is the most fun I've had in a Seasonal Event for the longest time. The track and car go harmoniously great together, despite it being Willow Springs once again. After about ten laps I'm happy with a 1:29.515; this Seasonal is perhaps the most cool-headed one for me.

I think they should do more with kei cars or slow cars; I love the way they handle~

I won't be updating the Directory for a few weeks. Life got super busy really fast. I'll try and grab any seasonal tunes, however, tomorrow morning.

Here is my coffee car tune otherwise known as the Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95
Time achieved in my hands was 1.33.124. Other people may be able to improve on this time.

Link here

CoffeeCar.jpg

Last edited:
@Otaliema Thanks for your awesome tune, I'm just an average racer, but was able to break the time in 15 minutes after a few laps , my time is 1:33,163, I did use the faster more unstable set up you put at the end with all assists off,
For anyone who is having hard time, the key is to take advantage of the starting speed at the second lap, drive tight ,using the weight shifting technique and trail braking without sliding too much,and take advantage of the curbs or side road to gain some traction, I did have fun on this beautiful track.

Slightly mystified why we have such a big PP margin, why not just start with a more powerful car or even the race version if they thought this would be to slow.
Then there is the garage size issue do I want to buy this car with my restricted garage as its nearly full & stockyard is badly executed.

@Otaliema Thanks for your awesome tune, I'm just an average racer, but was able to break the time in 15 minutes after a few laps , my time is 1:33,163, I did use the faster more unstable set up you put at the end with all assists off,
For anyone who is having hard time, the key is to take advantage of the starting speed at the second lap, drive tight ,using the weight shifting technique and trail braking without sliding too much,and take advantage of the curbs or side road to gain some traction, I did have fun on this beautiful track.
Glad you liked it, it is a fun little car. Nice tight well balanced from the get go, just didn't take to button mashing lol. I feel a ton better today so barring any for seen events I'll get a transmission built for it make it that much quicker.

Can't wait and thanks for working on these as always!

No problem Shoe, its both a pleasure and an honor to have you guys use my tunes, even if they are just used as a base tune at times. It brings me great joy in knowing I had at least a very small part of everyone's enjoyment and improvement of those that choose to use my tunes. Really kinda makes me feel like I have a purpose here, which really makes me feel good. I love you guys. :cheers:

Back