Suzuki Mountain (1 Hour) Called off due to Internet issues.Finished 

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 178 comments
Australia
Central Coast, NSW
EelX 5
Suzuki Mountain logo.png

This is the One-make race of Suzuki Mountain, where we'll use the Suzuki Cappuccino Race Car.

Rules and Room Settings
As always; OLR rules apply.
1 Mandatory Pit Stip
No Tuning Allowed
ABS is the only aid allowed
Damage is off both Visually and Mechanically
Everything else is real
Tyre and Fuel depletion is on Normal.

The Track and Race details.
The track for this endurance will be the Matterhorn Roterboden coarse shown here:

421px-Matterhorn_rotenboden.bmp.png

This is a 1 Hour Endurance Race so judging by my calculations, will be 29 Laps. Qualifying will last for 10 minutes. There will be no rain on the race track however the time on the track will go from 20:10 to 21:10 so there will be some night time. The race will be Rolling Start - Single File; On the first lap we go single file around the circuit in our qualifying positions in around 80kph. You start when you cross the line (to help make sure the downhill section doesn't have cars flying everywhere).

Schedule:
April 26th 12:30pm BST: Room Opens
April 26th 1pm BST: Qualifying
After Qualifying: Race

Car, Specs and Tyre Regulations
The car used for this race will be the Suzuki Cappuccino Race Car

Syracuse - Night.jpg

The car must be completely Stock with Oil Change legalized.
The tyre compound will be Sports Hard only, due to the better tyres giving too much grip.

Matterhorn Rotenboden_1.jpg

If you want to Participate sign up on the thread by:
PSN Name:
Car Number:

Driver List
1: RESHIRAM5/cyan-yoshi5 #5
2: Man of Mister/TEHGAMER13 #87
3: AlvaroF/migspeed2 #2
4: SpeedyMcQueen/SpeedyMcQueen #7
5: Jonnio/DJJonnio #22
6: rallymorten/rallymorten #95
7:
8: rcb929/TNR_LILBUDDY #12
9: GtR0B0/xi-r0b0-ix_ #20
10: M0NSTER97/bigtexlpfan97 #13
11: jus1029/jkty1209 #39
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

Last edited:
This sounds like fun, I'd like to join in but I can't say for definite at the moment that I'd be available. I'll put my name down but if the list gets full just take me off.

PSN Name: GTP_Lukas
Car Number: #21

Yep Midday GMT (I fought GMT would now be BST by now).

Sorry but if I moved it, it would be too late for me (I can only move forward about 1 hour if that is ok with everyone). I can put you as a reserve just in case ;).

Yep Midday GMT (I fought GMT would now be BST by now).

Sorry but if I moved it, it would be too late for me (I can only move forward about 1 hour if that is ok with everyone). I can put you as a reserve just in case ;).

Reserve sounds good for me. Keep your slot as it is and I'll see if I can make it on time. I have to work almost until that time and I am not 100% sure that I could make it.

Thats ok ;), OP has been updated.

EDIT: I'll add you now Mcqueen

Did some practicing, going up hill makes you lose some speed (up to 90kph) but you go nearly 200 downhill. This will be interesting :).

What the hell, mate? You make this, and not tell me? Sign me up!!

PSN Name: Matheus-007
Car Number: #31

Good thing there's no F1 on the 26th. It's gonna be 9 AM here during the race, gotta wake up early.

Looks like for once an event not organised by me is on the right date, and early enough to not conflict with other events. Why exactly should I not sign up? Unless you don't want me, of course :D

PSN ID: rallymorten
Car number: 95 (get used to it, I'm going to copyright it :sly: )

Go on then, my least favourite Matterhorn variant (that downhill :irked:) but could do with doing some online racing.

PSN: marunda
Car: Red/Silver #1

👍

I like it on this car (it makes the car feel speedy and is incredibly fun at the end point (sorta like Le Mans when you hit that corner at high speed).

Welcome anyway, you'll be added in the OP.

Just one other thing; the thread title has a typo I believe, unless you meant "Moutain" and not "Mountain". ;)

I must be a weirdo then, I quite like Matterhorn.. But then again, that may be because I think of it as a castrated version of the old San Remo Rally :lol:

I think the downhill section will be the trouble-spot on lap one. It's not like someone's gonna be able to make a big move up the climb and if everybody drives just somewhat reasonable on the climb, those starting and staying on the right will gain a spot automatically in the hairpin. The field should then be able to move in line for the fast left- and righthanders and through the mini-chicane. Then comes the first chance to overtake or wreck somebody. You can attempt to brake for the left-hairpin later than the guy in front, but if you brake too late you'll take out the guy ahead of him. But if there is a place to go for it, it should be here or at the tracks highest point, as overtaking in the 90* corners from the hairpin and until we're back at the starting line will do nothing but cause chaos due to how relatively narrow the road is in places.

I must be a weirdo then, I quite like Matterhorn.. But then again, that may be because I think of it as a castrated version of the old San Remo Rally :lol:

I think the downhill section will be the trouble-spot on lap one. It's not like someone's gonna be able to make a big move up the climb and if everybody drives just somewhat reasonable on the climb, those starting and staying on the right will gain a spot automatically in the hairpin. The field should then be able to move in line for the fast left- and righthanders and through the mini-chicane. Then comes the first chance to overtake or wreck somebody. You can attempt to brake for the left-hairpin later than the guy in front, but if you brake too late you'll take out the guy ahead of him. But if there is a place to go for it, it should be here or at the tracks highest point, as overtaking in the 90* corners from the hairpin and until we're back at the starting line will do nothing but cause chaos due to how relatively narrow the road is in places.

Totally agree, lap 1 being clean will rely on everybody being sensible, i.e. don't try and run flat out on the first lap, concentrate on finding a place in the pack, brake slightly earlier than you would on your own (sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised how many people don't do it when following someone). I guarantee you I won't be running the first uphill chicane flat out on the first lap unless I'm at the front, otherwise chaos would occur.

Basically just remember that the race is 29 laps long, which gives plenty of time to make up for any time lost in the pack. 👍

I would just say though that the biggest overtaking spots will most likely be out of the final corner and out of that first uphill chicane, simply because in these cars carrying speed is essential.

Should we do a single file rolling start parade lap and hope that softens it up?

Were you planning on doing a standing start then?

Also, I take it that we're allowed to adjust brake balance since the "tuning prohibited" option doesn't limit that?

I'd like that it wouldn't be adjusted but if I can't stop it then I can't stop it.

I was planning too doing a standing start but maybe a single file rolling start sounds better.

A test room is now open: 1472-6118-3701-4252-8506

I got dc. I found out that when you leave the pits, you'll go a bit slow through out the whole up hill compared to the other cars. A little bit of precaution so we don't see a bang on the uphill.

Back