Suzuki Mountain (1 Hour) Called off due to Internet issues.Finished 

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 178 comments
I'd like that it wouldn't be adjusted but if I can't stop it then I can't stop it.

I was planning too doing a standing start but maybe a single file rolling start sounds better.

A test room is now open: 1472-6118-3701-4252-8506

Do what you think is best, rolling start tends to lead to a cleaner first turn, especially if it's proper single file.

I just ask about brake balance because I like to race without ABS and I haven't tested the car yet, so I don't know whether the standard BB setting actually works.

As long as it's not a single file as in "there's 10 car lengths between you and the guy ahead, good luck trying to catch up" :lol:

I reckon somewhere along the lines of 2-3 car lengths should be good, not too close to make a major crash yet not out of the slipstream/draft (that's gonna play a major role) 👍

As long as it's not a single file as in "there's 10 car lengths between you and the guy ahead, good luck trying to catch up" :lol:

I reckon somewhere along the lines of 2-3 car lengths should be good, not too close to make a major crash yet not out of the slipstream/draft (that's gonna play a major role) 👍

I'd say just single file as in you have no overlap with the car in front, you don't want to alter the racing too much. 👍

If it is ok I Would like to participate but I do have one question is it going to be a standing or rolling start??
Psn: xi-r0b0-ix_
Car: blue/orange number:20

If it is ok I Would like to participate but I do have one question is it going to be a standing or rolling start??
Psn: xi-r0b0-ix_
Car: blue/orange number:20
Welcome. I'll add you in the OP tomorrow my time.

The starting procedure is being discussed for now.

Hey guys I'm interested in this 1hour endurance. I don't Know what color my car will be but I will be #12 car.

You 2, welcome. The OP will be updated very soon, now.

I'm going to bed soon. I'll make my mind up for the starting procedure in 24 hours or less.

I think that I woke up too late. :P My question still stands, GMT or BST? I have to know how early I must wake up.

Forget it, I'm still groggy.:lol:

Just going to hop on now to get a feel for the car/track. Will report back in an hour or so. 👍

EDIT: Slower than I thought it would be, momentum is key and the downhill isn't too bad, quite easy to overshoot though if you downshift to 2nd too early.

Best lap so far is a 1:58.774, though I've been a good .350 up on that at the split after the downhill but lost it in the next technical section (nailed that bit of my PB).

1:58.309

1:58.298 (.2 slower at the downhill split on the .309)

So I reckon 1:58.0xx will be my limit (with ~full tank).

Last edited:
Just going to hop on now to get a feel for the car/track. Will report back in an hour or so. 👍

EDIT: Slower than I thought it would be, momentum is key and the downhill isn't too bad, quite easy to overshoot though if you downshift to 2nd too early.

Best lap so far is a 1:58.774, though I've been a good .350 up on that at the split after the downhill but lost it in the next technical section (nailed that bit of my PB).

1:58.309

1:58.298 (.2 slower at the downhill split on the .309)

So I reckon 1:58.0xx will be my limit (with ~full tank).

My fastest so far is 1:37.596 so u can still knock a bit of time of ;):gtpflag:

As others have said, is your car tuned? Or are you sure you got the right Matterhorn?

Did you tune the car? Also, were both of you using Racing tyres? OP says SH.

Mine is stock except brake balance set to 2-1 (without ABS the stock setting locks the front with about 20% pedal pressure and locks the rear into the downhill corner :scared:).

Tyres were SH and the test was done online with ~ a full tank of fuel.

Quick tip, power band is not what you'd expect. ;)

I never heard the term that way before, only as early shifting. Thanks. :cheers:

The term power band just means the range of RPMs during which the engine produces good power, so although this car revs to around 10,000rpm, the power band is around 5500-7500rpm. Beyond that the car has very little to give (really exaggerated by the steep hills of this track). 👍

ajh_1990
Car #0

Should be free for this. Sounds like great fun! I presume we can choose a colour for the car as well so we can stand out? :)

I'll be Midnight Purple with gold wheels then! Time to practice! If I'm working then I'll let you know on here. Hopefully got the day off :)

Unless by #0 you mean "blank", I don't remember that number being an option :confused:

Also, forgot to mention that my car, for trolling purposes, will be a gold (-ish) chrome with matte pink wheels. Or matte pink with gold (-ish) chrome wheels.. I don't know which of them are more horrible :lol:

Of course that wasn't serious, I found a good red with white decals 👍

Last edited:
Unless by #0 you mean "blank", I don't remember that number being an option :confused:

Also, forgot to mention that my car, for trolling purposes, will be a gold (-ish) chrome with matte pink wheels. Or matte pink with gold (-ish) chrome wheels.. I don't know which of them are more horrible :lol:

Of course that wasn't serious, I found a good red with white decals 👍
It would be cool to have though. I'm Brilliantsilber, with Matte Red Wheels. #31.

Back