synchromesh's 1983 DeLorean DMC-12

I can definitely see something in the pictures. Anyways, nice car.
Upon further inspection it's a slight dent, like something was resting on that part of the car for a while. No clue how much that'll cost, probably can buff it out and remove the headlights.

So. I have one hell of a story to tell.
As you know, yesterday was back to the future day. And people were crazy about the DeLorean. For example, I went to go fill up the tires with air at a gas station and tons of people were taking pictures, asking to sit in it, etc. it was awesome, but that's just scratching the surface. Near Meredith I saw a Ferrari 360 Modena go by. Cool, I thought. 20 minutes later I see it again in Laconia.
Then I see it in my rear view mirror. I pull up at the lights and he begged me to pull over so he could get a picture. We go into in empty parking lot and he's in love with it. Turns out when I first saw him go by he wanted to turn around but missed the chance, and when he saw me in town he said "he couldn't miss the opportunity".
He asked me if he could drive it. I said yes, and told him I'll wait here. He threw me the keys to his Ferrari. Take it for a spin! He said. Both cars are manual transmissions so he knew I could drive stick. I almost fainted! I'm like "you sure about this?" He said "sure"! We drove each other's cars to Weirs Beach, and the Ferrari was just unbelievable. I nailed it a few times and it's amazing. You don't need any gas to set off, just let out the clutch. He didn't even care that I was driving his wicked fast and expensive car, he was so happy about driving a DeLorean on BTTF day! He was making videos, added me on Facebook, and we got drinks at a bar nearby (just Root Beer for me haha). It was an amazing night that should've been a dream!
The most amazing thing though? It was Paul Walker's actual car. He unknowingly bought it and it was only when he looked at the bill of sale when he noticed the name. It's a priceless car now, he said. I didn't believe him at first but I saw a copy of it! That's crazy!
I freaking love that car and I feel like the luckiest person on Earth! :bowdown:
Me in the Ferrari!
image.jpeg

He was so happy to be in my car!
image.jpeg

Fantastic story, what are the chances of that happening?? Both very special cars and you both look delighted at the chance to check the other one out - I think I'd rather have the DeLorean personally! :)

Well got pulled over for the first time in my life. Apparently I went over the line a couple times. Didn't realize I did but it's whatever.
Of course the cop was in love with the DeLorean lol. He said that he loved my "time machine" and I was on my way :lol:

Visited Bonita Springs DeLorean today.
image.jpeg
image.png
image.jpeg
The original 1976 DeLorean prototype!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
They talked me into it so I'm gonna do it. I'm going to put a stage II engine upgrade to my DeLorean. This will bring the power up to 205 HP and adds a cold air intake, new headers, coolant tank that's made of stainless steel, double racing catalytic converters and a new exhaust. It sounds amazing and we were supposed to do a test drive but he said it was an automatic, even though I said that's fine the battery was dead :lol: I learned a lot about the differences between '81, '82, and '83. Did you know that '83s like mine weren't made by DeLorean? They were rushed so they could close the factory by the owners out of spare parts lol. They also ran out of exhaust pipes so ours have the smaller ones. Only DMC haha. Another thing is that the straps for closing the doors can be pushed in. That's awesome and makes sense! Blew my mind. Greatest place I've ever been and hopefully I'll get the upgrade in the future. Of course I'll keep this updated. But a nice trip to Florida just to see this!

Oops I was scrolling through and accidentlly pressed it xD
If i was gonna say anything it'd be that that is a gorgeous car and I envy you have such a privilege to drive it, let alone the 360 Modena... Down in Australia I don't think we'd ever get to see such rare things so I hope you enjoyed it, I know I would (y)

I've noticed a paculiarity on the Delorean in the dealership nearby and wondered if you knew anything about it (owning one and all :lol:)

img-0772--1024x768-_l.JPG

On the frunk, the little cut out area on the right of the image. Never seen it in photos so is it aftermarket or something?

I've noticed a paculiarity on the Delorean in the dealership nearby and wondered if you knew anything about it (owning one and all :lol:)

img-0772--1024x768-_l.JPG

On the frunk, the little cut out area on the right of the image. Never seen it in photos so is it aftermarket or something?
That's the gas cap. On early cars that's where it was. John DeLorean didn't like he design and changed it later, making the trunk lid nice and smooth. The gas cap is underneath that frunk panel on later cars like mine.
image.jpeg

Back