T&L Event - MIAMI VICE vs TRANSFORMERS - FERRARI 512BB SUZ 550PP - xx:15 / :35 / :55

• Thread starter Synwraith
  • 107 comments

Synwraith

GT Academy 2013
Staff Emeritus
Iran
London
GTP_Synwraith
A THUNDER & LIGHTNING EVENT
MIAMI VICE vs TRANSFORMERS

SUZUKA 550PP - FERRARI 512BB - S3 - xx:15/35/55
==RUNNING UNTIL NEXT EVENTS UPDATE==

105.jpg

= = VS = =

2112wyv.jpg

THE RULES

mv_logo.jpg

WHITE 512BB
BLACK 512BB

pdSTTFM0001.jpg

RED 512BB
YELLOW 512BB

THE TUNE

WEIGHT: 86%
TYRES: S3 / S3
RH: -26 -19
SPRINGS: 5 6
DAMPERS: 4 5
TOE: -0.06 +0.11
CAMBER: 1.4 1.6
BRAKE: 6 5
TURNING ANGLE: 42
1: 2.969
2: 2.032
3: 1.541
4: 1.239
5: 1.027
F: 3.595

THE STORY

The Thunder & Lightning Race Team presents: A clash of the 1980s Titans for one week only (subject to participation and interest, this could be extended)

As some of you may remember, Miami Vice was a popular 80s TV show in the US where Don Johnson and Phillip Michael Thomas starred as two Metro-Dade Police detectives working undercover in Miami. The show was of course well known for fashion, music and cars. The two most memorable cars the detectives had were a black Ferrari Daytona Spyder and the iconic white Ferrari Testarossa. In the spirit of these two classic Ferraris, they will be represented in this race event by the similarly classic 1976 Ferrari 512BB in WHITE and BLACK. [SOURCE]

During the 1980s The Transformers were one of the most popular cartoons and toylines in the world, leading to the recent Revenge Of The Fallen Transformers movie becoming the 9th biggest grossing film of all time. During 1985 one of the mailaway Transformers available in the US and Japan was a red Ferrari 512BB named "Overdrive". This toy was also originally prototyped for a toyline called "Diaclone" in yellow, but was also only available in red. However, in reference to the red Transformer Autobot "Overdrive" and the original yellow prototype, those drivers representing this side of the fight will drive the Ferrari 512BB in RED and YELLOW. [SOURCE]

2qn4hox.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

On behalf of the T&L team I hope you enjoy this event! We've decided to go for a week-long race-when-you-can format instead of a one night fight as with the Star Wars event where some people missed out due to commitments and matching issues.

Everybody is welcome as long as they stick to the car restrictions!

The Ferrari 512BB can do 2'17s with the tune we have posted (thank you JvM!) and undoubtedly more tunes will surface that will push the envelope into the mid 2'16s, so we can be very competitive with most other cars and drivers in this event.

On S3 tyres this car has prodigious straight line speed and plenty of grip in the corners, an absolute rocket off the line. No need to wait at the start, you've already earned the right to hold the other cars up in the esses and blow them away on the straights simply because of the distinguished and fantastic car choice you have made by running the 512BB :lol:

Enjoy :cheers: AND DON'T FORGET THIS CAR SUFFERS FROM THE WEIGHT BUG RESET!

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
I'm a menace on R1's in an RX8 but this looks fun! Hopefully be in later to give it a go 👍

I'll have a go as a transformer but I'm really slow.It's solid with the control pad.Best after a few free run laps is 2.19.5 so don't wait for me lol.
In at 15.

Maz - If I show up in a Purple 512BB, am I Switzerland? :dopey:

Seriously, this event looks great, and I plan to run this weekend. But my 512 will be purple.

Might give this a go tonight :) If I do show up on track I will be sporting BLACK... James Sonny Crockett IN DA HOUSE!!! :P

Last edited:
What a cool idea!
And I love the approach in S tyres! Will pitch up in a white F later! Seeya on track 👍

I'm in tomorrow, Transformers side (Yellow 512BB)

Looks like we gonna have a lot off fun for a week... :D

:cheers: all

What a great night of racing, minus the usual degenerates in Clios it was simply brilliant.

Cheers to KOR_Hellrazor, KOR_Quicksilver, KOR_Kaine, Heiko, evo8doc, Kag, Superwally and of course T&L's Warren and Jukka for getting involved and packing out some impressive grids.

I'll be back here tomorrow :)

All the best
Maz

Much fun. Sorry to anyone unfortunate enough to be in my vicinity when unintentionally practicing my 'drift-racing' technique. Did I mention that I don't drift?

JvM, that was all me, I felt bad when you waited.

I have the sound system turned very loud (To eleven, some might say). Cockpit view+loud 7.1+nice grids=:):). 👍👍

Also good to see theewar and ren831 out there as well, we had a nice private grid.

Last edited:
Thanks guys (you know who you are) for some awesome racing tonight. :cheers:
Hope I improve on holding it together a bit better! Suzi is so unforgiving :lol:

Joining here at 00 👍

Edit:
Ow yeah, sorry Dan :P. Wasn't able to join anyway :ouch:. By the time I was half way through my first free run lap I had company :).

Last edited:
Joining here at 00 👍

:00?

Joining times are :15/:35/:55 :)

Will join @ :35

👍

Edit,

Was only me and one KOR racer in 512's, we had a nice race, then matching failed for the next race. :(
Back later.

Last edited:
In at :55. Just had a race with KOR_Quicksilver that I enjoyed.👍 Thanks.:cheers:

:55 will be my last...

Awesome race GTP_Hyperspeed!:D Great fun, last one now at :15...:lol: Can't resist, too fun.:D

EDIT: Thanks to everyone I raced, KOR_Quicksilver, GTP_PrudentBear, GTP_JvM, GTP_Synwraith, GTP_Hyperspeed and a few others (sorry if I forgot you...:nervous:). Hope to race you all again at this event.:D

Last edited:
JvM
Really nice race (:55) Rudi and Dan! :) 👍 I was OFFLINE that race.

Nice? What an understatement! A grid of JvM, Hyperspeed, mr_Volcano, RudiRaser, PrudentBear and Zabeu is the best you can hope for in GT ever. And you won :bowdown:

All the best
Maz

Back