T300rs gt ffb settings?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by AussieMitch, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Pigems

Pigems

I did not know that, Thanks for the info. :cheers:

2. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

I'm not sure quite what you mean but if you mean the settings on the computer like in the picture below, none of these settings apply to games on the PS 4, they only work on games you play on the PC. But you should always keep your Firmware and Drivers up to date, which can only be done on the PC.

Hope this helps :)

word-image-1571.png

3. Groundfish

Groundfish

@Pigems
    Best bet would be contacting a Thrustmaster engineer to get the best input to maximize lifespan of the wheel.
    Might be something in the manual as well.
    Those things are good to read...:cheers:

Pigems and FPV MIC like this.
  4. super_gt

super_gt

This was suggested by me for a brand new T300, and see what happened after almost a year.
    Damage to the fan is quite common for the T300(search in YouTube or Google if you do not believe me), but still better faulty fan than motor failure.

5. AussieMitch

AussieMitch

Does adjusting that clutch axis effect the clutch in gt sport at all? So it doesn't only work fully pressed or close to fully pressed in? Also where did you go to download that control panel?

6. AussieMitch

AussieMitch

Sorry, disregard that question. I missed the "doesn't apply to PS4 games part" lol.

FPV MIC likes this.
  7. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

Sorry, I missed your question about the control panel :O.

It's from the Thrustmaster website on the PC: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US from there you go to ther technical support page (via support) where you select your wheel: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/cat-wheels-en/ Once you select your wheel, T300rs GT in this case, it brings you to this: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t300rsgtedition-en/ This is where you update your wheel Drivers and Firmware, it also installs the Control Panel onto your PC. All instructions for updating your wheel should be strictly followed.

Also, I was thinking about your clutch issue and what you could do to modify the pedal/base to have a shorter throw of the clutch in GT Sport. If you lodge something in behind, or in front, of the pedal before loading any game it should work because the pedals are only calibrated once you depress them in game. It should work much like how the brake mod operates. I would recommend you take great care not to pinch any wiring inside and make sure whatever you used wouldn't work loose. Alternately, and probably easier now I think about it, you could try getting hold of another brake mod from Thrustmaster, or someone not using theirs, and adapt it to work on the clutch pedal.

Disclaimer: I would try and test this theory first before going to any great lengths.

If you decide to give this a try I would be very interested in your progress :).

Pigems and Clean Racer like this.
  8. seadog777

seadog777

Someone mentioned this before but I can't find the thread so sticking it here. This looks like it's quite an important setting and am surprised not in the manual (well, I can't find it in the manual). Deactivating "keep application suspended" seems to be required..... https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/kb/3158-en/

T300RS remarks.png

9. 305Michael305

305Michael305

How is the wheel. I may get it as well and trash my g920. I’m also trading in my Xbox one x probably end of the month or beginning of the June. And will get PS4 ps now. And get this game Assetto Corsa, pc2, pre order f1 2019. All setting me up for the future ps5

10. seadog777

seadog777

I've had the T300RS since Christmas but the only other wheel I can compare it to is the Thrustmaster Ferrari Wireless GT Cockpit. I'm really happy with the wheel, but I have seen comments about sub-par reliability, and generally people seem to rate the Fanatec wheel higher.

Pigems likes this.
  11. Clean Racer

Clean Racer

@seadog777 just be sure to run the FEB torque at a reasonable level to avoid excessive wear and tear on the wheel. I've had two Thrustmaster wheels and never had a problem. In GT Sport I run the torque setting at 3. Enjoy and good luck.

Pigems and seadog777 like this.
  12. seadog777

seadog777

Thanks Clean Racer! I'm running at torque 4, which I've heard is fine..... going above 5 might cause accelerated wear (apparently). At 4 it's just perfect for me.

Pigems and Clean Racer like this.
  13. nuu1212

nuu1212

High settings result in a much more direct FFB, while lower settings just seem to smooth it out.

The difference between sensitivity 1 and 10 is MASSIVE.
    Very low settings feel like arcade mode to me, more like soft springs pulling on the wheel.
    The difference between 8, 9 and 10 is pretty marginal, but if you try race cars on a straight and apply small steering corrections, you notice the force being larger and more direct at 10.

So my setting is Torque 4, Sensitivity 10

Sometimes I go for Torque 5, but I have noticed degradation (a drop in strength) while driving Super Formula cars.
    This will obviously make you pretty inconsistent..
    Seems to be the motor running hot, because driving with the case opened has helped the problem.
    I have also replaced the fan with a better/quieter one...

14. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

I run my FFB at 5 on important races that I'm really serious about. All other online races I keep it at 4 and all my offline racing Its kept at 3.
    I've also found I enjoy my sensitivity at 5 but keep in mind I'm on the T-GT and not the T300RS so that might play a small factor in my Settings.

15. seadog777

seadog777

I just dropped torque to 3 from 4 after getting weird, loud squeaky noise from wheel on occasion. So far worked.... but early days.

16. Dbl A Ron77

Dbl A Ron77

If this is true. This is exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks for that champ.
    In all seriousness though. I think santa should bring me one of those delicious Fanatec Direct Drive PS4 Podium Jobbies. (And a set if inverted V3’s while he’s at it

FPV MIC and Pigems like this.
  17. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

It is :tup:... steering angle is set in game for GT Sport, and you can easily notice if you drive the Samba Bus then jump into the go-cart or F1, but it can be changed in game using this method; https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/kb/3132-en/ Unfortunately it doesn't work correctly in GT Sport so you have to re-adjust it for every race, and every time you even restart a race :ouch:
    Yeah, you and me both :lol:.

super_gt likes this.